Wrestlezone Debater's League 2010: Double or Trouble

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Wrestlezone Debater's League 2010: Double or Trouble

We've decided to add a little bit of excitement and flavor to this year's competition. Granted, the debates themselves should be exciting enough for all of us to read and learn from, but Phoenix and I felt that we needed to keep everyone on their toes this year. Since I'm a gambling man, I spoke with Phoenix and we have created a system that will allow debaters to have fun and gamble with their "bye" week, so to speak.

Here's how this is going to work:

Over the course of the tournament, each debater will get one "bye" week. On the Sunday of that week, they must make a CHOICE: Either they can take a break for the week and utilize the bye, or they can gamble some points in the Double or Trouble option. Taking this option engages the debater into a battle with a special guest of Phoenix and my choosing. And trust me... the special guest will be no slouch in the subject of debating.

The two will face off in a specially chosen debate subject. If the gambling debater wins, their score for the week will be doubled. However, if they lose, their special guest opponent's point will be subtracted from their total score.

For example:

Alpha
Week 1: Thriller vs. CHOICE

*Thriller chooses his option of Double or Trouble

Scenario #1 - Thriller def. "Special Guest"
- Thriller scores 12 total points
- "Special Guest" scores 8 points
Due to the Double or Trouble option, Thriller gains double points. Therefore:
12 x 2 = 24 Total Points earned

Scenario #2 - "Special Guest" def. Thriller
- Thriller scores 8 total points
- "Special Guest" scores 12 points
Due to the Double or Trouble option, Thriller loses his opponent's points. Therefore:
12 Points are deducted from Thriller's total score

Hopefully, this is clear to everyone. The "Double or Trouble" option is risky and can change the entire landscape of the tournament, so use it wisely.

Furthermore, if the "Double or Trouble" match ends up as a tie, a tie-breaking judge will step in to make the final decision. Who is qualified for such a task? D-Man, of course ;)

If anyone has any questions in regards to this option, please post them in here. And remember, this is a non-spam thread so all posts in here must be on-subject and have a point to be discussed.

Otherwise, GOOD LUCK!!

What determines who the special guest opponent will be? An own choice, or a choice by the judges? Or the other person who has a choice that week in case he chooses to debate as well?

I know it is quite early but I wanted to announce this before I forget considering my schedule will be very busy in the next couple of days:

I'd like to take the Double or Trouble option for my Week Four bye

I know it is quite early but I wanted to announce this before I forget considering my schedule will be very busy in the next couple of days:

I'd like to take the Double or Trouble option for my Week Four bye

It's about TIME someone stepped up to the plate.

Thank you for letting us know. Instructions will follow when week four begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back