WWE 2K18 Hype Thread

Skairipa Matrix

3 Time Elite Openweight Champion
[YOUTUBE]7ZpzXEIkSaw[/YOUTUBE]

So a bunch of news has come out about 2k18, thanks to youtubers going to meet with 2K and getting to ask them questions and now they were able to reveal their info earlier today. I figured with some real news out now I'd make the hype thread.

New Features:

8 Man Matches: For the first time possibly ever in WWE games history 8 wrestlers can be on screen at once and in matches. Including 8 man tags, 8 person Money In The Bank Ladder Matches, 8 men in the Royal Rumble at one time, and possibly more yet to be revealed.

Road To Glory Mode: Not much revealed about this yet, just that it's an online mode and connected to Career Mode.

Match Creator Is Back: For the first time since 2k14 you will be able to create your own match types on the game. Except this time you can save them on the match type screen for future use as well, which will be a time saver.

Expanded Backstage Area: Last year saw the return of fighting backstage in no DQ matches and now there's 2 new areas to fight in. The parking lot and the loading dock.

Free Camera: There's now a free camera to use for recording highlights to use in the highlight reel which lets you get the best angle for said highlights.

New Commentary Team: Finally the days of Jerry Lawler doing commentary for the game have ended, as has JBL's days of being on commentary for the game. In their place are Byron Saxton and Corey Graves.

I think that's about it for new features off the top of my head, but they have also revealed the biggest roster yet by far. No number has been confirmed but the rumored roster number is around 200 before DLC which is crazy in a good way as it should get everybody from NXT, 205 Live, Raw and Smackdown into the game as well as still having room for legends.

I'll post some source videos below in case anybody wants to check them out, but so far I'm pumped for this game. It has the basis for being the best game yet with all these new features. I am disappointed that GM Mode isn't returning but the brand split is easy enough to set up in Universe Mode.

[YOUTUBE]2e_pKcZbQas[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]dCl1Pjt45Qo[/YOUTUBE]

What do we think? Potential for an awesome game? Too worried about 2K sending out a game with a ton of bugs again?

Last years game was just boring. I went to all the effort of creating my own show and universe but there's just no story to anything, and the same can be said for career mode. Which to be fair is an accurate representation of the wwe. Now they are claiming they're fixing it this year and I'll wait and see and then decide but they release this around the same time as FIFA, NBA2k which means I'm not in the need for a game at that time so it's gonna have to be amazing or i wont touch it until the new year.

A couple of mates think that GM mode will be back in but I doubt that because its the same as Universe mode. I personally want a dynasty/franchise mode where you are tasked with creating a small indie promotion and develop it into a mega brand to rival wwe

2K17 was the first in years that I've stuck with for longer than a week. Not because it was anything special, they just had so many characters to unlock it couldn't move on with my life until I'd finished.

A couple of mates think that GM mode will be back in but I doubt that because its the same as Universe mode. I personally want a dynasty/franchise mode where you are tasked with creating a small indie promotion and develop it into a mega brand to rival wwe

GM Mode has been confirmed to not be returning, instead they are improving Universe Mode to get more stories in there.

A mode like you mentioned would be fun, but it's something I never see them doing, no way would Vince allow that.

EDIT: Looks like I forgot it last night but there's a new graphics engine that's supposed to make things look much better including the lighting in arenas. Also they are changing the sound for arenas so in smaller arenas you might hear one person yelling and chatter in the crowd compared to a Wrestlemania crowd where you won't hear little things like that.

They made an announcement that they are revamping the career mode, including a fully interactive, explorable backstage area where you get to chat with other roster members.

The games have really fallen into the sports game cliche of having a new game each year, with no real updates other than the roster and slightly improved graphics. I'm not sure if they have done enough to bring me back into the fold. The transition from THQ to 2K was rough and turned me off a bit, and the career mode is basically just, win like ten matches in a row then get a title shot. It saddens me that that is the best they can offer when back in the days of No Mercy on the N64 and the Smackdown series on the PS2, they had full career modes complete with actual storylines that you could play multiple times over due to branching stories.

Universe Mode quickly bores me. There isn't honestly much depth and you end up repeating a lot of matches and little matters. If you want to play a game where you run your own promotion and book things, there are much better alternatives out there.

The promise of a new graphics engine and additions to the creation suite sound nice, but a few shiny trinkets aren't enough to get me to drop $60 when there are a slew of other top titles coming out. The game is going to be competing with a lot of top titles releasing in a 90 day span, among others, Madden 18, NBA Live 18, NBA 2K18, Destiny 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Assassin's Creed Origins, NHL 18, FIFA 18, and all big titles releasing for the Switch.

My stock WWE game answer comes in handy yet again:

Absolute corker of an ad. Bet the game will be flaming garbage.

I stopped at WWE 2K16. They just keep updating it, the latest version is called WWE 2K18 I think. I'll play it if somebody hands me a copy as a gift, but I won't shell out 80$ for a wrestling game that doesn't offer create a story or have comparable C.A.W tools to older generation consoles.

Do they have the babyface/heel concept in the story mode? Can you choose if you want to be a heel or a babyface? I remember a game for PS2, I think it's Bring The Pain or whatever where you could walk in the backstage area, talk to people and be booked in matches against them according to the talk. You could also interfere in other matches and be put in a mini rivalry of sorts with them. That was so much fun.

The last time I was really hooked was in the GM Mode of SmackDown vs. Raw. Those were the time. My beautiful storylines.

The fact that Kurt is in already gives this a plus. If it fixes the fact I couldnt play a tag ladder last year, then im sold. Everything else is a bonus.

Also very glad commentary is gonna be fixed. Much needed improvement.

Curious what legends are up for this, considering the giant roster.

Oh and the fact I potentially get to use Mr. Black's evil NXT entrance fills my heart with joy.

They made an announcement that they are revamping the career mode, including a fully interactive, explorable backstage area where you get to chat with other roster members.

This is a step forward, but career mode is still boring sadly.

The games have really fallen into the sports game cliche of having a new game each year, with no real updates other than the roster and slightly improved graphics.

To be fair they took a big step forward bringing back fighting backstage last year and adding in a promo engine for the first time, and so far it seems 2k18 is taking a couple more big steps forward. I think not having 360 and PS3 to worry about anymore is going to lead to a much better game and more features.

Universe Mode quickly bores me. There isn't honestly much depth and you end up repeating a lot of matches and little matters. If you want to play a game where you run your own promotion and book things, there are much better alternatives out there.

I'm just the opposite, I play Universe Mode all the time and treat it like I used to with GM Mode, a way to make my own feuds and book WWE the way I want to.

I stopped at WWE 2K16. They just keep updating it, the latest version is called WWE 2K18 I think. I'll play it if somebody hands me a copy as a gift, but I won't shell out 80$ for a wrestling game that doesn't offer create a story or have comparable C.A.W tools to older generation consoles.

Yeah they are always going to come out with a new game each year, and I don't blame you for not wanting to drop 80 if overall the game doesn't interest you. I'd love to see create a story return myself and they have teased adding more to CAW mode including brand new base models this year, but there's still room for improvement.

The fact that Kurt is in already gives this a plus. If it fixes the fact I couldnt play a tag ladder last year, then im sold. Everything else is a bonus.

Also very glad commentary is gonna be fixed. Much needed improvement.

Curious what legends are up for this, considering the giant roster.

Oh and the fact I potentially get to use Mr. Black's evil NXT entrance fills my heart with joy.

I'm really hoping for tag team ladder matches, table matches and TLC Matches to return this year. I'd also love to see triple threat tag matches back, I believe those have been gone since Smackdown vs Raw 2006.

I'm in the boat of "believe it when I hear it" on commentary, I'm glad Lawler and JBL aren't doing commentary in the game anymore but it won't be a ton better to have Graves and Saxton there if they still say the same 10 lines all the time and the commentary doesn't fit the match. The amount of times I've heard "their finisher just isn't working they've used it twice" before a finisher has even been hit in a match on 2k17 is insane.

I have a feeling Alester Black will be DLC but I fully expect him in the game, he's one of the new faces in the game I'm most excited to play as for sure. Bobby Roode is right up there as well.

How hard is it to just make a modern day version of Here comes the pain or Raw 2, these were great games (or am I just being nostalgic towards my childhood) and I poured many hours into them. I am still looking for a cheap copy of raw 2 that i could play on my 360

And the game has been confirmed for Nintendo Switch. Doesn't effect me but good on them giving the game back to Nintendo players.

I'm excited for the 8 man matches so I can finally have a proper Survivor Series that isn't 3 vs 3.

Hopefully there's more options for tag matches and I'd love to see 3 or 4 way tag matches but I doubt that happens.

Hopefully they expand on the promo system. It would be nice to include managers and tag teams in that as well as authority figures who could make matches and such.

A ton of unecessary shit.

Bring back custom theme music

more arena sizes

GIVE ME A FUCKING SORT OPTION MY GOD MAKE A SORT OPTION

decent AI and story branching in universe mode.

What fucking year have I awoken in? I ask because judging by this claim, it could be any of the last five

Other than the backstage element, they have announced nothing. They have made these vague statements the past few years, well basically every year since 2K took over the license, but the changes don't mean much.

That promo system was just awful but it technically counted as a revamp.

Other than the backstage element, they have announced nothing. They have made these vague statements the past few years, well basically every year since 2K took over the license, but the changes don't mean much.

That promo system was just awful but it technically counted as a revamp.

Honestly I was happy with the promo system simply for existing. Have long thirsted for a way to get everyone on the show or continue feuds without having them in matches

A roster sort option is very much needed in universe mode. Make it so there's a logo for the show they're on behind them on the selection screen , give us folders to put people in for each show, something. It can be hard remembering who's on which show if you don't use them much.

I want the ability to write promos for characters, but I'll settle for the lines actually making sense and the ability to add in catchphrases and promos for teams and authority figures and managers.

A roster sort option is very much needed in universe mode. Make it so there's a logo for the show they're on behind them on the selection screen , give us folders to put people in for each show, something. It can be hard remembering who's on which show if you don't use them much.

I want the ability to write promos for characters, but I'll settle for the lines actually making sense and the ability to add in catchphrases and promos for teams and authority figures and managers.

back in.....whichever one was 30 years of wrestlemania (the best one ever to my mind) there was a sort by show option.

Desperately missed.

back in.....whichever one was 30 years of wrestlemania (the best one ever to my mind) there was a sort by show option.

Desperately missed.

That's such an easy thing to add and gets mentioned a lot on the 2k forums when I glance over there so I'd like to think there's a chance we get it back.

Indeed.

One thing I really hope you can do is make a champion be shared by more than two brands, I'd like to set up a sort of NWA set-up

So given recent history we should expect

Rock N Roll Express
Beth Phoenix
DDP
Rick Rude

Probably alt versions of Rude and Page from what we've gotten lately.
And there should be an alt version of Angle.

What I'm wondering is who they'll pair with them for the Showcase.

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see a fantasy warfare of Rock N Roll Express vs The Rockers but I'm guessing we get something like Express vs Freebirds.

Could have DDP vs NWO Randy Savage maybe?

Rude will probably be vs. a version of Warrior most likely.

I'd like to see the Angle from his story line against Edge right before he got his head shaved.

Not sure who to expect to be paired with Beth Phoenix. It would be neat to see someone like Eve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back