WWE 2K18 Hype Thread

They already revealed there's 2 versions of Angle. Also Bobby Roode and TJP were playable in the demo of the game at the event this weekend. So add them to the list of confirmed people not that they weren't obvious.

I did hear Roode's entrance looks fantastic though.

Oh and there's finally entrances in the elimination chamber.

I know Angle is a pre order bonus but I'm expecting another version of him for the Hall of Fame showcase should they continue with one of those like they've done for the past few years.

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welco....google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Read through this.

Sounds like the entrances and one on one visuals are fantastic.
However in multi man matches they said the frame rate is even slower than normal and the characters start to look a little grainy.

It mentions a few new features like being able to carry your opponent in different moves such as a power bomb. So the more beaten up your opponent is the longer they're dazed so you can carry them around longer.

Interaction with things like the steps and the announce tables are supposed to be better but some of the same in ring glitches are still there.

It seems having new commentators didn't fix the problem and that we're to expect pretty much what we've been getting forever.

They got to see ten wrestlers and said that the ones that had been in previous games all look better. There's a list of the ten they got to see in the article.

Yeah I heard all that. But there's over a month before the game comes out and I'm guessing a lot of the problems will be fixed by then. They were only playing a demo after all.

im refusing to buy into the hype this year. Last year i was super excited got the game and felt id wasted my money after a week

im refusing to buy into the hype this year. Last year i was super excited got the game and felt id wasted my money after a week

Not sure if about WWE 2K, NBA 2K, FIFA or Madden. You could absolutely take this quote and use it to describe the morning after feeling of all four.

Not sure if about WWE 2K, NBA 2K, FIFA or Madden. You could absolutely take this quote and use it to describe the morning after feeling of all four.

Disagree. I have enjoyed NBA2k for a lot longer than i have previously this year and the same for FIFA too

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/08/23/wwe-2k18-roster-reveal-37-more-superstars-revealed

Week 2 of the roster reveal is done and basically they announced all obvious people this week. Ember Moon, Maryse, Mickie James and Bobby Roode being the only names not in last year's game. But the screenshots all look really good and it was cool seeing Ember and Roode's entrance. The crowd singing along to Roode's theme was a cool addition I didn't expect, and there's now confirmation we have the new NXT Titles in the game as well.

Honestly I was happy with the promo system simply for existing. Have long thirsted for a way to get everyone on the show or continue feuds without having them in matches

I remember days gone by from the very first "rivalry" or "feud" setup in which you not only had to have them IN the same match, every single show.. but in order for it to draw the star ratings to continue to feud - you basically had to TNA the shit out of gimmicks for each weekly match.

I fucking hated that. I recall running RAW against Smackdown, and I had Batista v. Eddie Guerrero.. while they had Chavo Guerrero as their World Champion in a HIAC match against someone I forget, and they got the 5 star rating.. while I did a regular match to build to the ppv showdown, and struggled to pull in 2 stars.. pathetic.

I'm mostly excited for the 8-man tag matches. FINALLY I can put together a Survivor Series card worthy of being on that ppv!!

Yeah I heard all that. But there's over a month before the game comes out and I'm guessing a lot of the problems will be fixed by then. They were only playing a demo after all.

Yeah they mention that in the article. That there is plenty of time to fix some of those issues.

I'm excited for the game. New renders, 8 man matches and I'm sure they'll improve on some of the stuff from last year.

The roster is already looking good.

I'm really trying to be optimistic.

I'm hoping they add in triple threat tag matches, both as a normal tag match and a ladder match version. If they add that back in, put in fatal 5 way matches and 2 on 3 handicap matches (I was surprised how much I missed those this year), those plus the match creator system would give me a lot of what I'd want for match types.

I did see that in the match creator option it looks like you can present finishers for someone when a match starts, so finally you can actullay do squash matches again.

Have they released any news or any videos featuring the new commentary team? I'm excited for Graves, and don't dislike Cole getting fresh lines, but Saxton is probably gonna drag it down. Even then I'm just happy I don't have to listen to Lawler's repeated lines anymore.

I doubt that I will jump in on release because there is still a lot of room for the game to bite me in the ass, but I'm in the camp of buying this year.

Have they released any news or any videos featuring the new commentary team? I'm excited for Graves, and don't dislike Cole getting fresh lines, but Saxton is probably gonna drag it down. Even then I'm just happy I don't have to listen to Lawler's repeated lines anymore.

I doubt that I will jump in on release because there is still a lot of room for the game to bite me in the ass, but I'm in the camp of buying this year.

Ember Moon's entrance video had some interesting dialogue, featuring Graves telling Saxton to quit bouncing up and down cause it's creepy.

Ember Moon's entrance video had some interesting dialogue, featuring Graves telling Saxton to quit bouncing up and down cause it's creepy.

That's actually amazing. I hope they play up Graves' hatred of Saxton. That never gets old and I'd much rather listen to that than hearing about educated feet for the five hundredth time.

So have Elias and Ruby Riot. All the DLC characters will be announced today so I'm excited. Hoping still for the UK guys, Regal, Mustafa Ali and Aleister Black.

The Hardy Boys
Ruby Riot
Elias
Drew McIntyre
Lars Sullivan
Rock n Roll Express
Beth Phoenix
Aleister Black

That's our DLC characters this year. I'm disappointed we didn't get the UK guys and Mustafa Ali, and just more characters in general. But overall I'm happy with the DLC.

The fact that there are some glaring omissions to the DLC roster has me disgruntled. I was really excited to use Pete Dunne & dont get why a title holder has been left out to dry with a few other UK guys. I mean, we get Martel & Hawkins but not Dunne & Bate?

Plus, no Piper makes me sad. I get why Hogan is out, but some others that make sense should have been included. We get RVD, but no Taz, Raven or Sabu. They couldnt put Rey Mysterio in? Finlay? Regal?

Ill get the game/season pass for Angle & The Hardys, but this is gonna be the last WWE game I get for quite a while. 2k should really have a fan vote for upcoming years as to what legends make the cut.

They already got my cash. Complaining here is easier than the hassle of refunding. Still waiting on a credit from last year with another game I got through Microsoft.

Very happy about Black and McIntyre

Dunne and Bate should have outstanding CAWS within the first 12 hours or so of the game releasing so i'm not too concerned.

But without the entrance themes considering we still dont get custom soundtracks. Dunne is a champ & has a killer entrance. Shit decision by 2k. They should ease the backlash by dropping the price point.

I mean, a new moves pack for characters already in on the roster? Shouldnt they be included in the game?

The fact that there are some glaring omissions to the DLC roster has me disgruntled. I was really excited to use Pete Dunne & dont get why a title holder has been left out to dry with a few other UK guys. I mean, we get Martel & Hawkins but not Dunne & Bate?

Plus, no Piper makes me sad. I get why Hogan is out, but some others that make sense should have been included. We get RVD, but no Taz, Raven or Sabu. They couldnt put Rey Mysterio in? Finlay? Regal?

Ill get the game/season pass for Angle & The Hardys, but this is gonna be the last WWE game I get for quite a while. 2k should really have a fan vote for upcoming years as to what legends make the cut.

Are the UK guys actullay under contract or just on a deal where they can only work dates WWE approves of? That could explain why they aren't in but I did read they got scanned. As far as Martel and Hawkins, anything I've read is they wanted Martel in last year but something happened last minute that prevented it, and Hawkins is part of making the main roster as current as possible.

Mysterio isn't gonna be in a game as long as he's working for other companies. Finlay and Regal would be welcome additions though, I'd love to have a current Regal in the game.

I agree they should change up the legends, I barely use legends in my universe so I wouldn't complain if they cut more. I don't see why people like Earthquake, Typhoon, The Bushwackers, etc. need to be in the game every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back