WWE Divas should be removed.

Not one thread in any section is capturing my imagination. Let's do a controversial one. I'm begging for attention.

The WWE Divas

I believe that the women's division in terms of the WWE should be retired and put away for good. Both belts should be retired and thought of in hindsight. Hey why not, have a tournament for the last ever Women's champion and do a DVD on the belt. But get them off TV.

It's no secret that WWE thinks of women wrestling as bottom of the barrel. The division has been done poorly throughtout the years. As a result I believe the division should be removed. Everyone can use the excuse "That's sexist" and that "People don't go to piss during these matches" but it's a lie. A very small percentage of the WWE audience watches and enjoys the Diva's division. it is no secret that it is terribly booked and that Creative has little or no plans in terms of it's long term future.

So therein we have the choice of having a consistently poor product or the removal of it. Why not remove it? The Divas can still be utilised in many ways. Managers, mouthpieces and more are needed and are positions that can be fulfilled by women. They can still dress up in beautiful swimsuits and take photos for WWE.com. Hell they might even have a mixed tag match or something once in a while. But having a division being built upon one match per show is ridiculous. No one cares about the matches when they get to PPV.

"But it could be so much more, look at the Knockout's division". Well thats great. TNA obviously put time into their women's wrestling. They build up storylines and chracters such as The Beautiful People. But at the end of the day, I still can't bring myself to care about the matches that climax the feud. Women's wrestling does not have nor will it ever have the pull of men's wrestling and as such is a drain on a show, especially if it is being done poorly.

I may stand alone on the issue, but I would love to hear any arguments, and I will no doubt here such gems as "But the history of the title means so much" and "You're a dick". Can't wait

:lol:

I'm pretty sure that the thread title is like calling me out of my work shift to come & discuss this with you. I have so many points that I cannot find the beginning of what to discuss in my post. However, there is a new thread known as the official Women of Wrestling WWE Diva's thread in the same section as this thread where I would gladly debate things with you. Remember, keep all Diva related topics in these areas!

However, I will say that the WWE diva's division should never be removed at all. No matter how bad the division will ever get, there is a need to showcase the women. Not only is a great platform for most of the diva's to catapault their careers [especially during the PG-ratings era] but it proves that the WWE can create something out of nothing. Anywayz, where would divas like Beth Phoenix, Natalya Neidhart & Mickie James go? TNA, you kidding if thats going to happen. The only place with a good paying job with high exposure is WWE at the moment. This may all be benefits to the women in the division... but it shows that VKM cares for women by at least providing a division, & trying to make up for some of the disgrace he has put women through in the past. Without a women's division, WWE would get a worse reputation. You've got to have eye candy so those who havent watched wrestling before suddenly tune doesnt call it gay due to an all men product. You dont want to be called gay do you?

No.

They are stuck in a problem of a conundrum.

Vince McMahon, or someone in Creative, doesn't care about female wrestling. They've also potentially permanently damaged the fanbase to a degree that they would not accept female wrestling if it were not the typical scantily clad diva stuff.

But if they remove divas altogether, they will be accused of sexism and get into a lot of trouble, as well as having to fire all the female wrestlers and divas in the company, which could anger a lot of their male friends, potential sex friends, and boyfriends/husbands/wives

IMO i think the WWE should give the Divas their own show, why not place them on superstars....

There was a time when WWE was going to make Smackdown an all Divas show but the idea was nixed why not do something similar with Superstars, WGN America isn't doing much with the show anyway, its scoring low ratings why not take a chance with the Divas of the WWE and actually show their skill and beuty in one environment, that way you wont have them on Raw, Smackdown or ECW taking up TV time and this will give them their own place to shine.

The Divas are one of the reasons some fans watch and love to see them actually wrestle the reason though why the womens division is in such bad shape is because of the fact that WWE doesn't bring in actual wrestlers but models who have to be trained which isn't a bad thing but most of the time it doesn't work well.

But this idea would allow the divas some time to shine plus give them the exposure they sorely need with out people going ape over the big stars and having them used in dead end skits.

This way Womens wrestling will be standout like it used to be like the glory days of shimmer,Glow and over prominent womens only promotions, their is a need for it it's just the fact that the WWE wont cater to it at this time which i think is a bad move because they are the highest rated item on WWE.com and Diva DVDS do sell so why not bring them to prominence.

IMO i think the WWE should give the Divas their own show, why not place them on superstars....

I just laughed so hard. Very, very few people would watch a show dedicated to the diva's. And if they filmed this on it's own, you're going to have a very tough job finding thousands of people from one area who like watching the divas wrestle enough to pay money to see just them.

Because that's discrimination.

And mixing what I and Becca said, the WWE has made their female division a barrel of suck and sex appeal, and so very few people would watch it, even if it had genuine wrestling on it.

I just laughed so hard. Very, very few people would watch a show dedicated to the diva's. And if they filmed this on it's own, you're going to have a very tough job finding thousands of people from one area who like watching the divas wrestle enough to pay money to see just them.

Superstars pulls in a 0.9 rating as it is and only shows mid and lower card talent so why not just place the divas on their i doubt the ratings will decline at all.

Because that's discrimination.

And mixing what I and Becca said, the WWE has made their female division a barrel of suck and sex appeal, and so very few people would watch it, even if it had genuine wrestling on it.

Why is it discrimination, I thought having Candace Michelle pretend to orgasm to a lesbian was discrimination or Divas being seen as a bit of T and A as discrimination or even Playboy playmates being pushed into the title picture as discrimination.

Putting all the Divas on one show to help get them over would be an opportunity, a way to get them over without having them mixed in with a bunch of guys who get more exposure then they do because the Divas are seen as the weaker wrestlers, truthfully its utter bull and if you feel that Divas are discriminated against because of being placed in one show then i'm sure your surely mistaken because it would be a step up from what they've been seen as prior.

I am going to side with Degeneration Deej with this one, it sounds like a valid option to showcase the diva's on Superstars. It may not have some sort of pull to place divas matches on the show, but it would be a nice addition to show other divisions. It would be nice to tag matches from whats left from the tag division to be shown as well... but thats for another time.

However, if you are going to add diva's matches to Superstars... then it maybe enough for me to say that it would be overexposing the division. As many people have said, they dont particularly have the draw power. It's either you keep them on the separate shows or on the one... not a mixture of both. Though I do think that the separated divisions will eventually kill the division, just like what happened with the tag team division.

And Becca, so what if they are models? If you had the choice of picking women who had some wrestling ability & teaching them to have sex appeal with their appearance or women who has sex appeal with their appearance & teaching them to wrestle... I think you know where I am going with this...

I can't agree more with this post.

The Divas are an intriquite part of professional wrestling. Whether they're showcased correctly or incorrectly, whether they wrestle like shit, or whether they can't act worth a damn, fans still want to break the monotony of guy vs. guy, oiled up, muscular, violent action. It's almost as if we, as the male demographic of professional wrestling fans, need some T&A in the shows just to remind us that we're not gay LOL. Also, Divas are needed just as much for the female demographic because whether we you believe it or not, female professional wrestlers are admired by young women.

As for giving them their own television show, this would never work. Like I stated earlier, fact of the matter is that Divas are not very popular on television. A show dedicated to them would only draw the ratings of the fat, lonely, and creepy. On a show like Raw, it's nice to throw a Divas match in for reasons I stated earlier. Besides, the audience has already turned on the television show to watch the superstars that draw the ratings. The Divas on their own couldn't get the audience to dedicate a time-slot in their week to turn on this kind of programming. Not even Maryse... lovely, lovely Maryse...

Damn this is an entertaining thread, I laughed again. Are you kidding me? The divas ARE weaker wrestlers, a huge majority of them aren't even trained wrestlers, they're models.

I agree but again they can actuallly work a good match, Look at Michelle Mccool she has come along way from her days of sleeping with main eventers, or Milena sexy yet can work a great match, what about Beth Phoenix, dominant yet sexy, there can be room for both even if the WWE took more time to restructure the division so that there is only one championship and have the women showcased on superstars, it would work there are a damn site more wrestlers in the division then there is just models, I can put together a list of wrestlers and models in the division and trust me you would be surpirsed with the talent the WWE currently has.

i am really sick of everyone bashing the divas!! the ONLY reason why i watch wwe and tna is because of the divas division ..im soooo sick of HHH AND John cena and batista and all of these souped up steroid using superstars .. no superstars get any time ...and its annoying ...so when the divas come on ...its exciting because i get a break from john cena ..im SO SICK OF HIM I WOULD GIVE UP WWE AL TOGETHER!!!! the divas breathe new life into the wwe and there fun to watch! the womens championship and the divas championship proudly hang on my wall!!! and i love them the divas deserve there own time, and there should be more of it!! i want to see more of them!! so LAY OFF THE DIVAS!! YOUR MAYBE THE 4 PERCENT THAT DONT LIKE THEM!!

i am really sick of everyone bashing the divas!! the ONLY reason why i watch wwe and tna is because of the divas division ..im soooo sick of HHH AND John cena and batista and all of these souped up steroid using superstars .. no superstars get any time ...and its annoying ...so when the divas come on ...its exciting because i get a break from john cena ..im SO SICK OF HIM I WOULD GIVE UP WWE AL TOGETHER!!!! the divas breathe new life into the wwe and there fun to watch! the womens championship and the divas championship proudly hang on my wall!!! and i love them the divas deserve there own time, and there should be more of it!! i want to see more of them!! so LAY OFF THE DIVAS!! YOUR MAYBE THE 4 PERCENT THAT DONT LIKE THEM!!

First of all, I green repped this post on accident... it was supposed to be a BIG red-rep. So enjoy the freebie.

Second of all, I respect your opinion, but that post is just assenine. Face facts: Divas don't draw money!!! Why in the blue hell would the WWE give them their own television show??

I'm not knocking the Divas... I mean, let's face it... models look good in skimpy clothes and tights, especially when they're beating the shit out of each other. But they are nowhere NEAR the athleticism that the men produce for the WWE. The men have raised the bar so high in professional wrestling that unless a Diva the likes of Medusa or the Fabulous Moolah come around again, women will never get the respect that you are asking for from the fans. Like it or don't like it, but you're gonna have to deal with it.

I will agree with some of your thoughts of the diva's, but you seem like some of those crazy people that hate the current WWE at the moment. So, say goodbye to my support. I never support crazy people, unless I am preaching my own messages... :lmao: ha, kidding there keegan bout you being crazy...:suspic:

BTW, there are more people who would side with the "against side" than the "for side" in terms of the divas. So the 4% of those who dont like the divas is probably inaccurate to say the least. Its more like the 4% of us who support the divas. You need precision in discussions, not attacking rants like these. It is very easy for people to attack you.

However, I am going to take anyone who likes the diva's as an ally in this debate due to the low numbers. Simply put, interest would rise if we used the less talented divas as valets/managers/showcasing/interviewing/etc whilst those who can perform or gaining interest with the fans stay as a more wrestling role. We need one combined division again & one title for this to be properly achieved, which wont happen with the brand extension.

EDIT: Keegan just got schooled by the D-Man. Nice work

Look at the WWE diva's roster right now. Out of the 18 divas they currently have on the roster, half of them are pro wrestlers and the other half are former models. So to me that's a really balanced roster plus out of the 9 models they've got, most of them are turning out to be really good wrestler. Michelle McCool who's been with the company for awhile was just a model before joining the WWE and look at here now. She one of the top performer on the diva'S roster. Eve is starting to get better at it and in a couple of years might be a really good performer. Same goes for maryse and Kelly Kelly. Has for the others divas like Alicia Fox, Layla and Maria, they should just be use as managers because i don'T see them becoming better wrestler anytime soon. So to say that the diva's ARE models is a really stupid thing to say. For the most part they are athletes just like the guys are and the only reason people don't care about the woman's division is because the WWE don'T care about it, that'S the only reason, because these woman are capable of give the WWE fans the same quality match up that the guy are, for exemple just look at the WWE woman'S title match from night of champions.

I am a HUGE fan of the WWE diva division and getting ride of it would just break my heart. To tell you the truth i only watch Raw, just to see the divas fight because Raw has been up Randy Ortons, John Cena and HHH ass for the past year now and its real annoying to see the same Main event every week. So the divas are the only source of diversity on that show. But i do fell that the wwe has to many divas and really doesn't know what to do with them, even though i have hated on most of them i am starting to like divas like Kelly, Rosa, Alicia and Layla i see some Great potential in them, but on the other hand i fell they really need to consider releasing The Bella Twins and Maria, even though Maria is a stable in the diva division with her pretty face and girlish charm i still fell she is taking up air time. Smackdown is the only division in which gives its divas story lines and a push like eve and Natalya, i see eve cometing for the womens championship. By the way Night of champions was a bore fest for the womens division i was real hopeful that having to main evens at NOC would push the divas divions but the Divas title match just really killed it, Mickie seems frustrated and Maryse made mickie look really bad, but on the other hand Michelle and Melinas match from the kick to the stomach that Michelle gave melina on her splits was amazing and that ddt that Michelle gave Melina off the gard rail was AMAZING. and this is why Smackdown Divas RULE!!!! woowoowoo

I like the divas division. the problem is there can only be on fued at a time with the divas picking sides. with only one match given to the divas at any one show, you can't give many divas a chance to build up a character or even camera time. beth pheonix was the biggest diva going when she had the title. now she's almost jobber status cause there can only be one major diva heel at a time and that belongs to maryse.
it's a tough situation for the divas because with such little TV time, you can only get over a few divas at a time.

whatever happened in female managers? a good way to get over some of these divas would be teaming them up with other wrestlers like natayla with hart dynasty. she still can wrestle but she comes out with them all the time. just an idea to help get more divas over that aren't getting wrestling time.

I believe the Divas need to stay. If you were to get rid of the division, who would give the next generation the confidence to do what is basically a male dominated sport. When would we get to hear King say "I LOVE PUPPIES" hahahahaha
Also putting them on superstars is a REALLY stupid idea. Their matches on raw rite now are basically bathroom breaks for the audience or a chance to grab a snack. The crowd doesnt realy care about them but they are needed regardless.

The threadstarter is absolutely correct. The Divas are just awful and deserve to go away. Of course they won't, because the WWE tries to offer the broadest possible appeal of wrestling, so they put women out there to keep the few fans who like it, but at the end of the day, women's wrestling in America doesn't draw. It never has and never will.

Get rid of it. Give that time to people who actually matter, guys who may actually wind up drawing money for the promotion some day. No matter how good or popular the women ever get, they will never draw money. They hurt the WWE financially. Get rid of them, and get people out there who are actually entertaining to watch.

Superstars pulls in a 0.9 rating as it is and only shows mid and lower card talent so why not just place the divas on their i doubt the ratings will decline at all.
A .9 is actually a pretty solid rating, for what the WWE is putting out there. Not bad at all. You have to remember that not every cable tv show gets 3.0+ ratings. Most TV shows would actually love to get 1.0 range.

I agree but again they can actuallly work a good match, Look at Michelle Mccool she has come along way from her days of sleeping with main eventers, or Milena sexy yet can work a great match, what about Beth Phoenix, dominant yet sexy, there can be room for both even if the WWE took more time to restructure the division so that there is only one championship and have the women showcased on superstars, it would work there are a damn site more wrestlers in the division then there is just models, I can put together a list of wrestlers and models in the division and trust me you would be surpirsed with the talent the WWE currently has.

Even though she improved her days of sleeping with main eventers is still going^^
She is the female Triple H!!!!
I think she should look into the ways of Triple H and can learn a lot from him as being a heel. I hope they go into a major angle with a diva and maybe Maryse/Miz angle can get into something big affecting both the mens divison and the diva division. I think that's what they need now is an angle that affects both the diva/mens division because building an only diva storyline is hard with the limited time slot they have now.

I like the Diva's division. Also I guess here the Diva's are not used as a piss break because when we had a live event the other night and the announcer said "The following contest is a DIVA'S TAG MATCH" the crowd went crazy and I didn't see one person get up and go to the bathroom. Also the match was great. Mickie James and Gail Kim vs Maryse and Alica Fox was pretty good. So I guess where I live is a place they could do a Diva's show cause the crowd was on fire and not just because they looked good either. They pulled off a great match. I mean hell Maryse is a heel and she had one of the top 5 biggest pops that night.

But I say keep the division cause I'm one of the one's who like it.

I don't think they should get rid of the division. I just think that if they cared for it alittle more, we would care for it more too. Like back in the Trish & Lita days womens division was taken allot more seriously, and was well tooken care of. The Divas had quite interesting rivarlies & their matches were quite interesting. But I feel like the WWE just gave up on their divison. Which I feel they really shouldn't. One thing the WWE can do to save their womens divison is fire all of the divas who just can't wrestle like Maria, she's been in the company for 5 years. Hasn't had much improvement. I don't see her improving neither. So they should really take her off the show. I mean, I don't even see the point of having her their anymore anyways, hasn't wrestled a match since? 2 months ago? Yeah, she really needs to get packing. Other divas I don't see impoving Bella Twins, I've heard their matches have been quite horrible when you see them live. So some advice for WWE is to send them back to FCW or wherever to go train more. Or just fire them. Don't see neither of the 2 of them becoming divas who could wrestle anyways. So I would just let go of them. I also don't see much potenital from Kelly & Alcia neither, I don't see neither of the 2 of them improving much, but maybe I'm wrong. But I do see poteintial in Eve, Rosa, Layla, Natayla, Katie & Jillan, and that these divas should be payed allot of attention too and should get pushes & These divas and the top divas [ Mickie, Gail, Melina, Michelle, Maryse & Beth.] should mix it up in the ring more often. WWE should create more entertaining rivarlies, give the divas their own gimmicks so we can tell them all differently. Give them more air time, & they should all be great.

I don't mind them having a Diva's Divsion but the fact that both brands have their own women's title is a bit much. I think the Diva's should be limited to one match per Pay-Per-View but Night of Champions had to accomadate both brands.
As someone mentioned earlier there are about half of the women that can work a good match and the rest are models so why not have Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix, Katie Lea, Natalya etc. wrestle for the belt on one brand and have the others like Maria, Kelly Kelly and Layla compete in bikini contests and similar t and a contests on the other brand.
Therefore they can justify employing these women who are non-workers.

Not one thread in any section is capturing my imagination. Let's do a controversial one. I'm begging for attention.

So you picked the Divas? That no one cares about?

I believe that the women's division in terms of the WWE should be retired and put away for good.

But, the Divas make great for Eye candy, and are more or less time for the people to go and get food/merchandise/go to the potty. Every show has this time, most sports have half time. WWE has Divas. Also, it makes great for beating off when you're like 13 and are too scared to look at porn.

Both belts should be retired and thought of in hindsight.

I sure hope you tell why, because this just sounds ludicrous.

Hey why not, have a tournament for the last ever Women's champion and do a DVD on the belt.

Why?

But get them off TV.

Why? The divas just had one of the best matches on a PPV. It beat Ziggler and Mysterio, and I'm a Ziggler mark/Mysterio mark. So don't pull out that card, please.

It's no secret that WWE thinks of women wrestling as bottom of the barrel.

Wait? Really? They've only been rebuilding the division for two year, for no reason? The Divas are currently going through what the men were going through about 9 years ago now. All their big stars left, leaving only midcard jobbers.

The division has been done poorly throughtout the years

Not hardly. They've served their purpose all along.

As a redult I believe the division should be removed.

You've still left out why. You're just spouting crap that makes no sense.

Everyone can use the excuse "That's sexist" and that "People don't go to piss during these matches" but it's a lie.

The WWE has midgets, yet no one thats over the size of 7'6" I believe people will bring up the fact that the WWE is tallist, before they do sexist. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

A very small percentage of the WWE audience watches and enjoys the Diva's division.

Heh, I know a lot of people who enjoy the Divas division. The divas serve their purpose as well. They're doing their job.

it is no secret that it is terribly booked and that Creative has little or no plans in terms of it's long term future.

Once again spouting fake secrets. Heh, you're pretty good. You run a wrestling site don't you?

So therein we have the choice of having a consistently poor product or the removal of it.

Its getting better and better as the weeks role by. They had a great match at the last PPV. Granted they could twine the two divisions together to make a much better division from the Divas, they are getting better and better.

Why not remove it?

Uh. Read above.

The Divas can still be utilised in many ways. Managers, Mouthpieces and more are needed and are positions that can be fulfullied by women.

Theres only ever been like 1 good woman thats a mouthpiece that I can recall. The rest were eyecandy and a half. Right now, they mean something, more than just women in a bakini.

They can still dress up in beautiful swimsuits and take photos for WWE.com.

You're caught up on them being Eyecandy.

Hell they might even have a mixed tag match or something once in a while.

Why?

But having a division being built upon one match per show is ridiculous. No one cares about the matches when they get to PPV.

Funny, I don't think you've even watched the WWE in well over 6 months now, have you?

"But it could be so much more, look at the Knockout's division". Well thats great. TNA obviously put time into their women's wrestling.

The Knockouts are okay, not as good looking, or as entertaining as the WWE divas. Anyone thats a huge diva fan, will more than likely tell you the WWE has better women wrestlers. The Knockouts are overrated as fuck because they are competing agaisnt a hurt Divas division. Now that the Divas are gaining back some credible superstars, they are better than the knockouts, ever were. Especially since the WWE got the best knockout, Gail Kim.

They build up storylines and chracters such as The Beautiful People. But at the end of the day, I still can't bring myself to care about the matches that climax the feud.

Okay? Thats your own opinion. Don't remove the entire division because of it. Thats just ******ed.

Women's wrestling does not have nor will it ever have the pull of men's wrestling and as such is a drain on a show, especially if it is being done poorly.

Liar. Womens wrestling can be as big as mens wrestling. Just look at Trish vs Lita back in the day.

I may stand aloone onthe issue, but I would love to hear any arguments, and I will no doubt here such gems as "But the history of the title means so much" and "You're a dick". Can't wait
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll be excited to know, that I never said any of the such. I refuted your arguements easily, without much thought. You should probably try and work on your arguements twards the removal of divas. Right now you're just defeating yourself.

Okey doke so lemme bare all here. I happen to be a 28 year old gay male who loves watching the WWE for the storylines and all the action/wrestling. I have been an avid fan for the past 14+ years and honestly, I tune in mainly for the womens division. I have loved alot of the past divas ie: Trish, Lita, Chyna, Sable, Alundra Blaze, Ivory, Molly Holly, Jacqueline, and Tori just to name a few of the true talents. Now days I am a HUGE Mickie James fan and have been since the moment she stepped into the WWE doors. I think she is a phenomenal wrestler, who can actually wrestle, and is in good condition(dont get the comments about her being fat???) I am stoked that she again has the belt around her waist. I have to say that the show should not get rid of the division and should honestly strengthen up their divas and give em good story lines.I think the divas division has suffered a little lately with all the women who can only look pretty and thats about it. Make them valays or managers and keep em outta the ring :) Plenty of them can wrestle but dont ever get to show their true potential like Natalya, Gail, Katie Lea, and Jillian Hall. All these women can more than wrestle yet dont ever get thrown into title pictures (minus Gail) and they could Really build up the division giving these divas a big push creatively and making more options for matches. I love Mickie to death, but you can only see Mickie vs Maryse so many times.

GO Mickie James, THE NEW WWE Divas Champion!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back