WWE Draft matches

Cenation716

5-time XBPW Heavyweight Champion
I've seen threads on who everybody thinks will be drafted on Monday but I haven't seen a thread on the actual matches that people think will take place. Usually the matches play into some sort of storyline/feud or champion vs. champion deal.

Take 2009 for example when Chris Jericho was in his disrespecting legends gimmick. He faced Tommy Dreamer in a RAW vs. ECW draft pick match.

Then there was 2009 where John Cena faced Jack Swagger for the first time in a Champion vs. Champion RAW vs. ECW match for 2 draft picks.

Last year we saw Maryse & Eve team up to face LayCool in a RAW vs. SmackDown Divas match. Maryse & Eve were feuding at that time & as a result Maryse lost the match for RAW.

Those are just a few examples.

I personally think we will see Sin Cara vs. Del Rio or Mysterio. But it's tough, as WWE is trying to build up Del Rio on the way to ER & having him lose an important match 1 week before ER isn't good, but having Mysterio (who's a face) lose to another face isn't the best of ideas either as Mysterio is a huge FACE & also has a good feud going on with Cody Rhodes. I personally would like to see Sin Cara defeat Del Rio.*

John Cena vs. Wade Barrett or Ezekiel Jackson. The Draft is always a great place to see Superstars & Divas who have never faced off before compete. We could see Cena vs. Barrett who have feuded in the past or see Cena vs. Zeke for the first time. With the obvious win going to the RAW brand.

The Miz vs. Christian. Champion vs. Best friend of former WH Champ & maybe soon to be WH Champ himself. Makes sense to me.

Big Show & Kane vs. Sheamus & R-Truth. Sheamus & R-Truth are quite possible the biggest mid-card heels on RAW so what better way then for both of them to get TV time than to face the colossal team of Kane-Show.

Randy Orton vs. Jack Swagger. Swagger & Orton have been getting some good TV time lately. Two big main event guys going at it. Maybe CM Punk/Nexus interferes getting the win for RAW while beating down Orton or Michael Cole interfering to have Orton win still by DQ or even interfere to have Orton lose for the RAW brand making the feud between Cole & Lawler/JR even bigger & more personal.

So what matches do you think will take place at this years Draft?

ok, so I'm going to say that we will see 7 matches on the show, all should be Raw vs Smackdown. Here is the card i would like to see. All matches involve draft picks, no titles on the line

Otunga/McGillicutty vs Gabriel/Slater - makes sense to have a nexus vs Corre match.

Divas battle Royal/ Awesome kong debut - Kong makes her debut in this match squashes all divas and announces which brand she represents

Sheamus vs Kofi - Champion vs Champion match makes sense to me

Sin Cara vs Cody Rhodes - Sin and Rey see each other back stage acknowledge being legends/friends etc in Mexico, Cody comes in attacks their heritage setting up this match

JoMo/Rtruth/Cena vs Barrett/Big Zeke/Swagger - Team Cena wins Cole goes to smackdown team Swagger wins Lawler moves to smackdown

Daniel Bryan vs Drew Mcintyre - no storyline just would like to see this match

Miz/Ari vs Del rio/Christian - great way to build on the christian/del rio feud, plus with no champ on smackdown this is the closest thing to a champ vs champ match

Just my opinion

So these are my draft picks for each brand:

Raw:
Drew McIntyre
Swagger
Michelle McCool
Masters

Smackdown:
R Truth
Ted Dibiase Jr
Randy Orton
Melina
Sin Cara

So the matches will be:

JoMo vs Rhodes - Rhodes wins by R Truth costing JoMo and R Trith is drafted to SMackdown. Morrison then attacks R Truth.

Mason Ryan and Michael McGillicutty vs Gabriel and Slater - The Corre wins and Ted Dibiase is drafted.

Eve and Natalya vs LayCool - Michelle McCool walks out on Layla and Eve's team wins. Michelle is drafted to Raw.

Cena vs Christian for 2 draft picks - Double DQ Miz and Del Rio attack both competitors and both brands get a draft pick. Smackdown get Sin Cara and, Raw get Masters.

Battle Royal for 3 draft picks - Orton wins by eliminating Rey Mysterio. Rhodes eliminated Mysterio but Rhodes was eliminated earlier. Raw GM says Raw he will give a draft pick to Smackdown as he feels sorry. Raw get Drew McIntyre and Swagger while Orton is still in the ring. Then Smackdown get Orton!

I hope it goes this way but I doubt lol!

Sheamus vs Kofi - Champion vs Champion match makes sense to me

Kofi isnt Intercontinental Champion, Barret is!!
Kofi vs Sheamus has already been made - Sheamus won.

I would love to see a Tag Team Match
- Alberto Del Rio/CM Punk vs Christian/Randy Orton.

Singles Match:

- Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi
If Ziggler beats Kofi clean and at top in 5 minutes, that could sell is new improved character!

- Sin Cara vs Barret w/ Corre - Winner Sin Cara by DQ, and then Big Show and Kane do the save, and RAW GM announces a handicap match...
Sin Cara, Big Show & Kane vs The Corre.

Main Event:
John Cena vs R-Truth vs John Morrison - The Miz watching Cena get the victory

We have to see that this show isnt going to be a 3 hour special right??
So my pick isnt very good, cause they have a lot of matches for 1.45h probably :x

ya my bad, I knew Barrett was iC champ and meant to type in his name apparently I had a flashback to 2 months ago lol. well then replace my Kofi/Sheamus match with Sheamus/Barrett (damn that would be a great match) and well have Jo Mo, Cena and Rtruth face swagger, Punk (who just got drafted to smackdown) and Brodus Clay, ok now I'm stretching but hey its an idea

It's difficult to say though it's fun to speculate. Here are a few things I think will happen:

With Edge's sudden retirement, SmackDown! needs an extremely over, marquee main event face to replace him at this point in time. Or, I should say, that's what I'm thinking that Vince is thinking. As a result, I honestly think either John Cena or Randy Orton will be moved to the blue brand. I also think that The Miz will be moved to SmackDown! as WWE Champion while Alberto Del Rio will be moved to Raw as the new WHC after Extreme Rules. It's possible that both mid-card champs will switch brands as well.

One match that I think will happen is Alberto Del Rio & CM Punk vs. Randy Orton & Christian. I think it's a match another poster has already called. All four of them are involved in big matches at the ppv next Sunday, especially Del Rio & Christian for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship. A tag team match is a good setting in which whoever comes out on the losing end, which I think will be the heels if the match takes place, won't really look weak going into the ppv. That's especially true if the match breaks down into chaos in the last few minutes with everyone running around fighting each other, which will probably happen.

Someone mentioned a champion vs. champion match and I think it'd be fun to see Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett. Since both of them are heels, however, I doubt it'll happen. If these two ultimately do wind up switching brands, I think we might have a chance of seeing Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan one last time for the United States Championship before Sheamus heads to SmackDown!

It's really just kind of up in the air at this point but the Draft episodes of Raw almost always have fun matches featured. With this year's show being only 2 hours, we probably won't have many promo segments. I'd say they'll be short as there's still the Draft this Monday plus it's the go home show to Extreme Rules.

If you think that tag match will happen at the draft, I think you're wrong.

It sounds logical to happen on maybe the Raw after or whatever, but how would that work? All draft matches usually end up with the winner(s) of the match getting a draft pick for their show. Christian and Orton are on SD and Raw, same with their opponents. Which show would get a pick if they one? Would they each get a pick for their shows? If so, the match means nothing.

I assume we'll see maybe Mysterio vs Punk, Orton vs Rhodes, Ziggler vs Kofi, DB vs Drew, etc.

I see Orton vs someone like Del Rio or Swagger. Nexus interferes and causes Orton the match, giving Smackdown a draft pick. Mason Ryan gets drafted away. Punk has a heart attack.

Or the same scenario, but Orton gets drafted, so ER is the end to their feud.

I would like to see a ladder match for a draft pick . imagine how interesting that could be. 2 superstars sacrficing themselves to gain a draft pick for their brand.

Say Randy Orton vs Wade Barrett, CM PUNK costs orton the match, wde barrett grabbing the draft pick and then Orton gets drafted to smackdown

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back