WWE Drops MITB

The fact that WWE are realizing that Gimmick PPV's aren't what they thought they would be is good, but why drop the best of the lot? I have always loved the MITB PPV's. Why didn't they drop Elimination Chamber and have MITB in February instead, then there is the possibility of the briefcase holder cashing in at Wrestlemania then (creates more suspense element to it)

I'd also like to note that MITB is the ONLY Gimmick PPV that I enjoy watching, HIAC matches have lost their edge now, as have Elimination Chambers AND Why does TLC need its own PPV? What is the point in a "chairs match" seriously?? I also liked Fatal 4 Way too but it wasn't really a Gimmick PPV as such.

Good theory by WWE but the wrong PPV have been dropped!

According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE officials have decided to drop the Money in the Bank ppv from the schedule. There was talk recently of also doing away with the TLC ppv but, instead, they've decided to move TLC from December and use it to replace MITB in July.

I've got mixed feelings about this. It means we are all but guaranteed a Money In the Bank Ladder match at this year's Wrestlemania event. I felt like something was missing last year, and while I really enjoyed both of the MITB PPV events, the match belongs at Wrestlemania. I'll miss having two separate briefcases since that was kinda cool and it also provided a backup plan if one cash-in failed. At least now we will be back to where the winner can cash in on either one of the two world titles. Punk and Bryan would both be in danger, rather than Punk having to avoid the red briefcase holder and Bryan being chased by the blue one, etc. Now that it looks like we will be back to one per year WWE will have to be careful to not mess up with their winner and the eventual cash-in. I think it would be cool if they do a match at Wrestlemania to have the winner wait all the way until next year's Wrestlemania. They teased that with Kennedy in 2007, let's see it actually happen this time around with the next winner.

Now, if they replace MITB with TLC during the summers that leaves a void in December. I was beginning to like having TLC close the year out. I'm just glad they decided to keep that event alive because it is one of my favorite of the gimmick themed shows. You get 4 different gimmick matches in the same night. A tables match, a chairs match, a ladder match, and of course a TLC match. I always look forward to the TLC shows, so I am glad they did not get rid of it and it's a fine choice to replace MITB. What will be going into the December PPV spot then? Bragging Rights? They could always bring that back and have it serve as a follow-up to Survivor Series while also wrapping up feuds before the new year begins with the Royal Rumble and its angles. It will be interesting to see where WWE will be going with all of this.

I think this is kind of good and kind of bad. I liked the MITB PPV because it had two money in the bank matches, which is good, and it produced 2 winners, which means there would be 2 people holding a MITB briefcase instead of 1, which is twice as much. I like that ratio. So I am going to miss having that match, but if the match is at Wrestlemania this year instead there will only be 1 winner, which is half as much as 2, which isn't as good as 2, but is also pretty good. Also, having MITB, which is a fun match, at Wrestlemania, is pretty fun.

As for TLC, I think December was a good month to have it but if they move it to the MITB slot that would be good too because it has good gimmick matches and is a fun PPV. But that means they'll have to replace TLC, hopefully with a good and exciting PPV in December

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back