Money In the Bank Match at Wrestlemania (KEEP ALL MITB DISCUSSION IN HERE!)

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I'd almost forgotten about this. I read a brief report earlier today stating that the current plan is for the MITB match to return at WrestleMania XXIII. There weren't any details given in the report, only that the creative team discussed it in a meeting earlier this week and that it's currently penciled in for the event.

Obviously this raises a couple of questions such: What does this mean for the MITB ppv? Does this mean there'll be 3 MITB briefcase winners in 2012?

I'm of mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the MITB match had become a WrestleMania tradition. At the same time, people were complaining that the MITB match at WM was becoming dull and that the tradition needed to be changed. So, they gave MITB its own ppv and didn't have an MITB match at WM XXVII.

If they do decide to bring MITB back to WrestleMania, then I think the MITB ppv needs to go away. Two briefcase winners can be handled well enough given that there are two World Championships in WWE, but a third will definitely result in an oversaturation of the MITB concept.

It's way too early to tell whether it'll be part of WM or not this time around. Vince gets especially finicky during WrestleMania season and will change his mond of dozens of potential concepts, matches, feuds & storylines over the course of any given week.

I'd rather MITB be held at Wrestlemania, and there be only one briefcase holder.

The WWE brand extension is basically non-existent at this point, and having two briefcase holders appearing on the same shows each week weakens the concept.

I'm assuming if MITB returns at Wrestlemania, the MITB PPV will be scrapped, which is kinda off, since it was one of the strongest shows this year.

I just hope they don't throw hardworking guys into the match because they have nothing else for them to do. I feel as though mitb is just used to throw alot of good midcard guys together. I pray were not robbed of a good match like Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan like we were last year. And yes i do like the idea of it being held at Wrestlemania better than having two seperate cases who are forced to go for their own show's champion.

I'd rather see a gimmick match like a 20-man battle royal at WrestleMania that utilizes mid-to-lower-card talent. Money In The Bank is a fun match to watch, but it also deprives us of some good one-on-one mid-card matches and feuds that could be on the card. I'm more a fan of the older format when there were more matches on the card at WrestleMania, and MITB takes away a good match or two as well as potential storylines for deserving wrestlers.

There have been years that guys like Edge, Chris Jericho, Christian and Kane have been in MITB matches at WrestleMania. Those guys should be in standard matches at 'Mania, in my opinion, against one opponent.

If they want to keep Money In The Bank, maybe do it on RAW or at another PPV (if the MITB PPV is no more). I agree with a previous poster when he said there should only be one MITB match and briefcase winner. Having two this past year was too much, especially since they ALWAYS end up winning the title.

That's another thing. Have one of these briefcase winners actually LOSE when they cash it in. It's gotten as predictable as a Michael Cole rant.

I'm glad they're bringing this match back to WrestleMania, and I'm sure the wrestlers are as well. This one match adds SIX additional wrestlers to the WrestleMania card. And of course, WrestleMania is the biggest pay-day of the year for the wrestlers on the card.

Does this mean we won't have a MITB pay-per view in 2012? Well, MITB has already been announced to take place in June from the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. Plans could change - a simple name change could occur - but I doubt it. MITB actually sounds like a pay-per view made for Vegas so it'd almost feel weird if the name changed.

What I could see happening at the June pay-per view is a slight tweak to the system. The two biggest pay-per views of the year are WrestleMania and SummerSlam. Well, the Royal Rumble winner is guaranteed a WrestleMania title shot. Perhaps, the winners at the MITB pay-per view receive guaranteed title shots at SummerSlam. At least that way, we won't have three guys running around with briefcases.

I've posted a couple times on this topic in the spam section. I'll paste my first post from that thread here.

All this means is guys like Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett, etc. won't get a chance to stand out on their own at mania. Instead they'll just be lost in the shuffle that is MITB. I hate MITB at mania because it basically says you're not good enough to be in your own program at mania but we'll throw you a bone and give you a spot on the card.

With current discussion that has already been discussed, MITB needs to be revamped. However if they are to bring it back to Wrestlemania thats great. Maybe this can make way for the return of the King Of The Ring PPV which usually takes place before Summerslam.

I don't know. I like the idea of having only one winner but also MITB PPV has been my favorite PPV for 2 years running.

This concept started out well enough but soon became a bloated excuse to give as many guys a Mania payday as possible, but worse it robbed many guys of having the chance to showcase their talents in a singles match at the biggest show of the year.

I've got nothing against getting guys a payday but that's what a 20 man Battle Royale for a shot at a mid card title on the next nights Raw is for. If they must add this match back I'd strip it back to 6 participants and remove it as an individual PPV as the oversaturation is already close.

I've posted a couple times on this topic in the spam section. I'll paste my first post from that thread here.

All this means is guys like Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett, etc. won't get a chance to stand out on their own at mania. Instead they'll just be lost in the shuffle that is MITB. I hate MITB at mania because it basically says you're not good enough to be in your own program at mania but we'll throw you a bone and give you a spot on the card.

While I do agree with you that MITB seems like a thrown together match for the mid-carders(especially at 'Mania), but I would prefer it to the meaningless 6- or 8-man tag matches they have.

Considering the card for WM 28, we will have the following matches:

1. Rock-Cena
2. Undertaker's match
3. WWE Championship match
4. WHC match
5. Some sort of Divas match
6. A celeb match.

There are already six matches that can be conformed for WM28. Considering that there will be 7-8 matches, wouldn't it be best to throw the mid-card guys in a MITB match? Alteast it would be better that a tag match where each guy hits his finisher and the match is over.

SD619 - But surely you'd agree that the US championship and Intercontinental championship match is more important? Slightly off topic, but just a question.
I think bringing it back at WrestleMania would be a brilliant idea! But WWE need to utilize it properly. Maybe tweak the concept. Make it money in the bank, but with a twist? I don't know, but they needs to change the format, or at least the idea of the cash in.
The cash ins were a good idea, but now they all the same. Just tweak that, and it'll be better.

Well with this year's Wrestlemania card being overcrowed with matches like Punk vs Jericho, Taker's streak, Shaq possibly competing, Rock vs Cena, Divas match and a World Heavyweight Championship match, a Money In The Bank would be nice to see. They could have one MITB match held at Wrestlemania and another at the Pay-Per-View. Or they could change the theme of the Money In The Bank PPV. Maybe re-make a King of The Ring or something fresh.

Make Money in the Bank the Mania match and have KOTR replace the PPV... the match itself could never really sustain a whole show and the idea of 2 briefcases diluted it badly. One case, one shot to cash in... but add the stip that the title the shot is for is in the case... It won't necesarrily be for a World title! that way you could see more varied cash ins...

Personally I loved Money in the Bank when it debuted. However, after the first several years it really lost its value. In the first couple matches you had a mix between main eventers, upper midcard guys, and mid card guys. It wasn't just a midcard match. Which it kinda fell into at Mania 26. There weren't any main eventers. If you want this match to be sucessful it has to be put on the level of the first. With main eventers being in the match with midcard guys. It needs to have the feeling that this match isn't some cheap way to win, but something worth winning. Have some big name announce that he's going to compete in Money in the Bank. Like they would do with the Rumble. This way you can keep your other matches on the card, such as the grudge matches, and please put the IC title on the card. But Money in the Bank should be back on the card, if they take it back to where it started.

I think this match should stay at Mania. I agree with others that it robs several midcarders a chance to show off individual talents, but with the card rumored to be as stacked as it already is, the mid card gets either MITB or nothing at all. Unless they do a 4 on 4 tag match like last year. Between a 8 man tag and MITB, I'll take MITB anyday.

For those of you expecting most of the midcarders to have their own matchs, keep dreaming. Vince don't care.

WHC Match
WWE Title Match
Rock Cena
Taker Whomever
Divas

There's 5 matchs right there. With Ortons injury, we're going to get a midcarder fighting for the World Title anyway, not that theres anything wrong with that. There is the rumored BigShow Shaq match, which makes 6. We usally get 7-9 matchs, and judging by the card so far, we'll likely get at least one more match besides MITB. Maybe for either the US, IC, or Tag titles?

Think of it this way people. We're going to get a multi man match. That's usally guarenteed. has been since at least WMXX when I started watching (8 man tags, MITB, 10 man CW Open) So don't ask yourself where you'd prefer MITB, ask yourself what multiman match you'd prefer at WM.

I think wwe should do the money in the bank at Wrestlemania 28 , But I think it should only be 6 people. If wwe do put the match beack in I also think it should be the 6 best " High flyers" in the match and not just some random people. The Wrestlers I would like to see in the match that are stll active would be:
1. Rey mysterio
2. Evan bourne
3. Sin cara
4. Kofi kingston
5. Justin gabriel
6. Chris jericho ( If he returns).
If that was the card my pick would be jericho to win the match because, he created the match at WM 21 it is only fair that he wins it. And maybe even have a last title run.
I think it would give a lot of the wrestlers a big chance to see what they have got and because thier all cruiser weights they will be able to do a lot of good moves and tricks. And for me personally the wrestlemania MITB ladder match acctually means someting, Unlike the MITB ladder match at MITB ppv. Even though it could cause some injury I think wwe should do it at WM 28. And it might even get some holy sh*t chants going. Wwe should defentliy put the MITB ladder match at Wrestlemania.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I agree completely with Jack-Hammer. Three potential MITB winners running around with three different briefcases causes things to get too complicated and can certainly tarnish the MITB concept somewhat. There are a couple of ways they could work around this.

They could bring back the Wrestlemania Money In the Bank match, but make it be with guys from both brands and the winner can cash in on either belt like how it used to be before the MITB PPV event was created. This option creates the potential for complicated booking, but they could make it to where the briefcase from Wrestlemania is more important and can be cashed in on either title. Say for instance that McIntyre wins the Wrestlemania briefcase (wishful thinking, I know, but it's just an example) then he can hold onto it long enough for the winner of the Raw MITB match at the MITB PPV to cash in, then he cashes in on THEM. Or Smackdown's winner. Take your pick. Complicated, but better than other potential routes.

They could bring back the Wrestlemania Money In the Bank match, and eliminate the MITB PPV event. This seems like the logical choice, but the MITB PPV has become an event to look forward to each year and WWE would have a difficult time in finding another event to replace it with. It would obviously end up being something dumb like Capitol Punishment that would take its place. Plus I like that both brands have a briefcase now.

They could bring back the Wrestlemania Money In the Bank match, but have the winner go through with the promise of keeping the belt for an entire year. This is a good potential option, but WWE would absolutely HAVE to find someone they can fully trust to carry the briefcase for 12 months without violating the wellness policy (Kennedy!!!!!) or losing fan interest along the way. Having a cash-in at Wrestlemania is a great moment that we keep missing each year, and if they add this match back for this reason then they can keep the PPV gimmick in the summer for the two brand exclusive briefcases as well.

They could bring back the Wrestlemania Money In the Bank match, and force the winner to cash it in that night, on either world title. This is an interesting route that they could do to provide a cool moment, but if they begin doing it that way every year then it would really tarnish the legacy of the concept in my opinion. It would make it feel less important. I hope they don't go this route, personally.

OR they could just not bring back the Wrestlemania version of the match at all. WWE change their mind constantly and even if this rumor IS true, that doesn't guarantee that we will see the match return at Wrestlemania. I like that we have two brand exclusive briefcases, and as much as I miss having MITB be a part of Wrestlemania, it might be the better alternative to not bring the match back to the biggest show of the year. All of the guys rumored to be in the match could always have a battle royal pre-show match over a United States or Intercontinental Championship shot later that evening instead.

There are already six matches that can be conformed for WM28. Considering that there will be 7-8 matches, wouldn't it be best to throw the mid-card guys in a MITB match? Alteast it would be better that a tag match where each guy hits his finisher and the match is over.

I agree but I think WWE should fit more matches into mania. WM18 and WM22 each had 11 matches and time for other things like musical performances and elaborate entrances. I just think the talent would benefit from being more spread out. For example, I believe Wade Barrett would be better off in a seven minute singles match even if he lost than be in a 15 minute MITB match with a bunch of high spots. If he were in MITB he would simply be lost in the shuffle (unless he won) whereas if he were in a singles match, even a seemingly insignificant one, he would have the opportunity to stand out on his own and he wouldn't be just one of many. I can't tell you all the participants of the MITB match at WM25 without looking it up but I can tell you all 14 matches of WM5 instantly. Hercules vs. King Haku may not be a classic mania moment but at least I can remember them over 20 years later because they were given a brief chance to shine.

I don't think it should return for the same reasons The Brain said. I honestly could probably name them all, but it's not like I could prove it over the internet. I have Wrestlemania 22 on DVD and some of the matches on it were good. I can remember every MitB entrant in that match. If MitB returns at Wrestlemania, I'm afraid I just don't see a point in my second favorite Pay-Per-View of the year. :/ I'm really hoping it's not, because I want MitB to always be there as a PPV that people can recall years later and say "Hey, remember when Vince tried to screw Punk in his hometown" or "Hey, remember when The Miz won the Money in the Bank Match?"

Or even

"Hey remember when The Nexus interfered in Sheamus and John Cena's steel cage match?"
"Oh yeah, bro! I remember that, that was the first every Money in the Bank show too!"

That's probably never going to happen, but I can always dream.

Back in 2010 having three Money in the Bank winners didn't negatively affect any of the cash-ins. The resulting reigns weren't great, I know; Kane's was decent, though Miz's was hurt by poor opponent choices (Jerry Lawler and John Cena) and Jack Swagger's was short and very underwhelming. He shouldn't have won to begin with, at least not without having been built up more prior.

However, none of those problems were inherent results from there being so many briefcases in one year, so there's no credible evidence to suggest it would create a problem this time around. I personally would like them to bring back Money in the Bank at WrestleMania, so then we have an awesome eight or six-man match at WrestleMania to feature more mid-card talent (something severely lacking last year).

I like MITB better at wrestlemania. it shouldn't be hard to replace the PPV (bring back KOTR PPV). the only thing about the WM ladder match is they should keep it at 8 people max, at WM 26 10 participants was too much.
and for those who dont want it to return at mania, what multi-man match would you prefer, an 8 man tag where everyone hits their finisher and thats it or a 6 person tag with some celebrity, or a fast paced ladder match with relevant superstars

there's also the fact that by having one MITB at wrestlemania, the winner will be able to cash in on any champion from both brands. that alone makes it less predictable of when and how the winner will cash in

I like the 1 MITB ladder match winner idea. Have the winner be able to cash it on any champion. Since they are doing Supershows it doesn't seem necessary to have two seperate ones. I think that would make it more interesting.

Of course this is a way to have to a ton of wrestlers involved at WM. But lets face it... If they dont do a MITB match they would do some real lame 6 man tag or something.

I would personally go back to 1 Interpromotional Money in The Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania since it gave a lot of the Mid-Card guys a spot on the Wrestlemania card. As for the Money in The Bank Pay-Per-View, I would scrap it favor of returning a King of The Ring PPV which could also be used to build up some Mid-Carders (as long as they stop with the crappy King gimmicks like with Book-ah and Sheamus). Two Money in the Bank briefcases been left to one brand each is too much and usually leads to predictable cash-ins. At least when there was only 1 dual-branded case it's more unpredictable since the Champion could cash-in on any Champion at any time.

MITB is needed, it is a great filler to the card and allows 8-10 Superstars to get on the card and earn a pay day. You look at the rumoured matches this year and it is very hard to fit alot of the mid carders into WM28!!! Riley, Swagger, maybe even Ziggler etc.

As things stand I already potentially see the need for a Fatal 4 way for the HW Title. I dont want to see a huge card and rushed matches that mean nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back