Money In the Bank Match at Wrestlemania (KEEP ALL MITB DISCUSSION IN HERE!)

This match would be great if you had a open Saturday afternoon and wanted to screw around on WWE '12. However, in no way would this translate in real life, as far too many things are happening all at once. Why not have a Texas Tornado Triple Hell in a Elimination Chamber Inferno Spin the Wheel Make the Deal Match?

According to latest reports, the MITB ppv is confirmed to take place on July 15th. So, this means that it's all but written in the stars that there'll be no MITB match at WrestleMania.

I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised. It'd say that the match to replace it will be the one that's rumored: a six or eight man tag match with one team of faces representing Teddy Long and one team of heels representing Big Johnny. It could be entertaining and still provide an opportunity for some young guys to show off and have a cool WM moment.

According to latest reports, the MITB ppv is confirmed to take place on July 15th. So, this means that it's all but written in the stars that there'll be no MITB match at WrestleMania.

I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised. It'd say that the match to replace it will be the one that's rumored: a six or eight man tag match with one team of faces representing Teddy Long and one team of heels representing Big Johnny. It could be entertaining and still provide an opportunity for some young guys to show off and have a cool WM moment.

I would rather have a MITB match, but if this is going to be what replaces it, it needs to be Survivor Series/Elimination style instead of one pinfall. I DESPISE the 8 Diva tag matches where the match is over after only like 3 of the Divas actually do anything at all, and the rest of them just stand there on the apron for no reason whatsoever. Despite having 8 Divas, it's still a 2 and a half minute match. Bullshit. It's Wrestlemania, MITB would have occupied a good 20-25 minutes, let this one last about that long too.

According to latest reports, the MITB ppv is confirmed to take place on July 15th.

If This Is True, Then Obviously They Are Waiting For Barrett To Get Off His Injury? True?

Personally, I Would Of Liked To See Maybe A 10-12 Man Money In The Bank Match. That Would Be Sweet, But They Would Have So Many Mistakes.
I Know It Will Never Happen, But I Can Dream :D

I am not a fan of the MITB PPV because I think two briefcases floating around is a little excessive.

I liked the one briefcase that can pretty much show up at either show at anytime and see what happens.

I would like a MITB match at WrestleMania ... it was trully a great invention when they came up with it and using it at the biggest show of the year was an easy way to help a lot of guys get on the card while elevating one of the top talents.

I think the PPV last year was terrible (except for the fantastic Punk vs. Cena match) and that the double briefcase has really hurt things and lessened the value of the title match earned.

I been thinking over this for a few minutes now and it came to mind that instead of wwe using a ladder match for MITB, they could just use the scramble match instead. I feel that MITB has run its course with the ladder match gimmick. This match would make it more easier for big guys like The Great Khali, Brodus Clay, Mark Henry and The Big Show to enter without worrying about climbing a ladder. The match would have the same stipulations as if a title was being decided. I feel that wwe should book this match for this years wrestlemania.

I have had thoughts of a scramble match at Mania for a while. I was hoping they would have one last year when they never had a MITB Ladder match. I would love to see this match become a fixture at Mania for the Briefcase, or just to make the winner a #1 contender. I think Mania needs a replacement gimmick match if they are not going to have MITB at mania anymore.

Mhmmm... I think that you could have a MITB gimmick match like that, but it will always piss off lots of people when they realise that the ladder match is being replaced by a scramble match.

I'm not sure if you understand why MITB matches are such a great draw. Half the reason why people watch is not because they want to know who is going to be the winner, but because it's an eight-person LADDER match. People love these matches and look forward to them because they want to see a glimpse of hardcore wrestling. It's one of the only hardcore matches left that is ACTUALLY still hardcore. It sells itself; as long as you keep it out of reach from guys like the Great Khali, Big Show etc - Pretty much every guy you seem to want to include? (Not sure why... maybe Henry, but only if he is the only 'monster'.)

There probably won't be a MITB ladder match this year, Wade was apparently supposed to win, and as we know he's out of action. I like the match itself, but the way that MITB is cashed in these days has become very, very stale. The first 4 or 5 were alright because you didn't expect it, or in RVD's case he wasn't sneaky and declared the date of the match at ECW: One Night Stand, but now it just seems to make every champion who wins via MITB seem weak and undeserving. I mean, if they won via MITB and continued to look strong afterwards I would be fine with it, but half the time (Miz, Bryan, etc) all end up fighting giants and legends and just don't look right with the title. The title is a symbol of strength, and to me MITB takes that position of power away and replaces it with something that just feels... Cheap.

I was just thinking about what the above poster said about MITB making the winners who cash in seem weak and undeserving. I having been thinking about this a lot too. The answer I have thought that could work to keep the MITB winner strong and deserving is that every week they don't cash in they would have to defend the briefcase in a match. Maybe a ladder match? Maybe just a regular match. This way they stay looking strong and you could put some twists into the storyline by having them loose the briefcase and have a feud trying to get it back. I was hoping this was what they were going to do with Daniel Bryan when he won the Briefcase. Instead, he never fought that much, and lost a lot when he did, which took all his momentum from him. Then they basically had to turn him heel when he won the belt so it wouldn't be just a boring face win with no real direction to go. So, I still like the MITB match, but I think they should implement the defending rule, or at least once a month like the Champions are suppose to, unless that has changed as well.

That would make no sense to change the Money in The Bank Ladder match into a Scramble match. That simply would be an insult to the past winners, the past superstars went through hell to climb to the top of a ladder in order to get a title shot. Hell, Kane is one of those big guys and he still managed to climb the ladder and later become the World Champion. But when some chump wins the Money in the Bank simply because he was the last one to enter and took advantage of the tired out Superstars would devalue the whole concept all together. The whole idea behind Money in the Bank is to prove that Superstars are willing to take high-risks for high-rewards. Making the match into a scramble so it would be easier for guys like Henry and Big Show would completely kill the idea in the first place.

God no please dont tweak the MITB ladder match!! Keep it the way it is. The MITB is an extremely entertaining match in itself plus its anywhere from a 6-8 person ladder match at that!! I for one love that and dont wanna see it a scramble match!!

IMO i dont see that being a good idea in the long run it would just ruin the prestige of the MITB match for me!!

Well if you want to go money in the bank as a scramble I think that it doesn't run its same impact, really think about it so whoever had a pinfall last is Money in the Bank winner? Ok so Dolph makes forty pins in 20 minutes only to lose to Santino who rolls up the Brooklyn Brawler with 10 seconds to go? Do you see the problem here?its almost an insult to the men in the match by doing this... Now on the other hand I could see scoring a pinfall before being eligible to climb the ladder, but then people would believe your ripping King of the Mountain off from TNA, Or even an elimination by pinfall and the Final two are eligible to go for the briefcase because it adds suspense like we had at Elimination Chamber with DB and Santino, but to change it to a scramble match would just be a waste to the MITB.

i like the idea. but never see wwe doin it.. obviously this year they plan a multiple ( six man, or 4on4) match with each team "captained" represented by General Managers Teddy Long & Johnny L.!! (YEA)

another possibility for mania this year is a mutliple team match for the tag team titles.. could just end up being LiL Jimmy's Leader & Kofi vs ROsa's boys.. but i would love to see multiple teams somehow involved to allow more wrestlers earn their EARNED spot.. Like Curt Hawkins & Reks, maybe Zeke
u wonder if alex riley, and low mid carders like him will even get a chance to wrestle on MANIA.. not just a dark battle royal..

something with meaning..

how bad i want to see the intercontinental championship have its own match... has made me sick the past few years.. atleast we'll get big show vs rhodes for it ... but the us belt..?? i would prefer ziggs & swagger to go for the tag belts..
UH
and the diva's deserve a solid 10 min match atleast..

UH
but back to ur original idea..
i say keep the " money in the bank" gimmick match to the Pay Per View status so it grows on us like the royal rumble & survivor series (sad bout the latter!)...

I been thinking over this for a few minutes now and it came to mind that instead of wwe using a ladder match for MITB, they could just use the scramble match instead. I feel that MITB has run its course with the ladder match gimmick. This match would make it more easier for big guys like The Great Khali, Brodus Clay, Mark Henry and The Big Show to enter without worrying about climbing a ladder. The match would have the same stipulations as if a title was being decided. I feel that wwe should book this match for this years wrestlemania.

This would be a terrible idea. The Money In the Bank match needs to remain a Ladder match. That is part of the match. They even call them "Money In the Bank LADDER Matches". I thought that the scramble matches were one of the weirdest concepts WWE has ever come up with for a match type. There is a reason it was never done again. I do give WWE credit for trying something new, but it was far too complicated. To add that confusion to the MITB matches while taking out the Ladder stipulation would create the worst MITB match in history. If WWE ever did go this route, I'm sure they would immediately realize the mistake they made and go back to Ladder matches.

Secondly.... None of the guys you listed would need a MITB win anyhow. Khali SUCKS. He has no business being anywhere near the MITB briefcases, let alone winning one through the traditional Ladder match or a scramble. Big Show doesn't need it either, as he is believable as a world title contender due to having held both of the world titles before. Mark Henry's reign sucked, but he has held the World Heavyweight Championship so he would not need a MITB win. That leaves Brodus. If they kept him as the Funkasaurus then he would become over enough to get pushed to the world titles (eventually) without the help of a MITB win. None of these guys would benefit from the idea.

MITB needs to stay in the format it is currently in, as a Ladder match to help launch main event runs for guys that are on their way there but might not make it to the top without it. Also, the idea of a scramble match (Money In the Bank or not) being added to Wrestlemania is just not going to happen. WWE are smart enough to not rely on a failed match type like the scramble at their biggest PPV of the year. While you ask a question that shows an idea worth looking into, I just don't see how it would benefit WWE at all because the scramble is probably never coming back and the MITB match is staying a Ladder match, if it even takes place at Wrestlemania this year, which is rather unlikely at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back