My Idea To Change Up The Money In The Bank PPV

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I have read recently that a lot of you want to scrap the MITB PPV. You say that you prefer it to be one match at Wrestlemania each year.

I agree to a point. I loved seeing it at Wrestlemania as well. However, the fact is, the "Money-In-The-Bank" PPV has done good figures for WWE over the last two years. This year, it had two awesome MITB matches, another great match between Randy Orton and Christian, and possibly the match of 2011, with C.M. Punk taking home the WWE Title against John Cena, in Punk's hometown. The crowd was rabid, and the PPV was one of the best of the year.

I thought of a way to keep the MITB PPV, but not have more than one person being able to cash in on the WWE or World Champion.

Here it goes:-

I would have it that, on "Raw" and "Smackdown", leading up to the MITB PPV, there would be 8-Qualifying Matches, (maybe 4 Raw, 4 Smackdown). The eight winners of these matches will get a match at MITB, where they are in a MITB Ladder match, and the winner will be the sole recipient of the briefcase, which can be cashed in on EITHER the World or WWE Champion, at any time, over one year. Having top guys in this match will allow people like John Cena, Triple H or C.M. Punk to be in a MITB Ladder Match.

But that wouldn't be the only MITB match. The eight losing guys from the Qualifying Match also gets something, though not as prestigious. They will each be entered into a MITB Ladder Match also, but the winner gets to "cash-in" any time for one year- only for either the WWE Intercontinental, or United States Title. This match can contain the guys WWE wants to push, but aren't ready to main-event yet, or are "mid-carders". e.g. Ted DiBiase, Kofi, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder etc. I think that this MITB match could be superior, quality-wise, because there are more small and high-flying guys in it.

If the WWE reinvigorated the tag-team division, they could have a tag-team MITB match also, for a shot at the WWE Tag-Titles. You could have Air-Boom, Primo and Epico, and the Usos in this match.

I know WWE will never do this, but would you want to see this format of MITB matches happen at the "Money-In-The-Bank" PPV? I think it would make the titles more important, and make each winner go after a clear prize, without muddying the waters.

The First idea is good becausse it gives upper midcarders/ main eventers to enter it!
The secongd idea is good aswell because it gives midcarders and lower midcareders the time to shine!
but the tag team one wont be that good because epico and primo, the usos and air boom are the only tag teams in the WWE and i think its better when there are 8 competitors in the MITB match. i also think that WWE are going to split up air boom soon because of Evan second violation of the wellness policy

I disagree with your idea for the reason that you said midcarders should have their own MitB match for an Intercontinental/US Title match. That goes against pretty much everything we've seen when it comes to the Money in the Bank match and subsequent winner.

The Money in the Bank match is supposed to give people like Daniel Bryan, The Miz and RVD that chance to finally jump into the main event scene and become Champion. Any MitB match that would be held this year would include talent like Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett. Now of course they could get over and into the main event themselves but for some reason MitB appears to have become the natural route. It has become that catapult for Main Event talent.

Now I agree that they should make it just one briefcase and not two but I also think what they need to do is have someone not win when they cash it in. This would have to happen as a face though because so far whenever a heel has cashed it in, it's usually after a physically gruelling match or they're beat down. So far the only person to actually have a match with the briefcase has been RVD. They need to have someone lose when they try to cash in. It was there when Del Rio tried to cash in at MitB and was kicked upside the head.

MitB needs to become like the Rumble. Just because you won doesn't mean you're going to win the title.

This match can contain the guys WWE wants to push, but aren't ready to main-event yet, or are "mid-carders". e.g. Ted DiBiase, Kofi, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder etc. I think that this MITB match could be superior, quality-wise, because there are more small and high-flying guys in it.

Dolph Ziggler isn't ready for the main event? Are you fucking serious?! Wow.

I do like he idea or a less prestigious MITB match, but meh, i'm not sure it would draw much money.

I hate the idea of a tag titles one, the tag titles mean nothing at the minute, and it will take a long time for people to care again.

I like your idea, except i'd change one thing. instead of having the losers entered into a a MITB match for a secondary title, I'd have them in a MITB match where the winner can cash in on the real MITB briefcase holders case.

I think that would shake things up a bit and keep things interesting because you have one MITB winner hunting the title, and the other winner hunting the briefcase. And there are tons of storylines you can spin from that, like a race to see who cashes in first.

The fact CM Punk and Cena had an amazing match infront of a rabid crowd was NOTHING to do with the MITB itself. It was the fact the chicago crowd are rabid, especially where CM is concerned. It would be like having a hardcore match at the old ECW hall in Philly, its nothing to do with the PPV, its the crowd.

slightly more on topic - i would move that MITB goes back to one match and held at Mania. it was special, gave time at Mania to the midcard that would have nothing or would have a dark match or a hurried feud-less timewaster.

I'm not against having 2 MITB matches, 1 per title, but would prefer just the one so then it would be a "who is he going to cash it in against"

As for the 2nd level MITB for us and i/c titles, thats (unfortunately) a TNA level overbooking

My idea is to just eliminate the Money in the Bank PPV period, and return the Money in the Bank to Wrestlemania as a one time thing, as y2grae said. It made it much more special for the wrestler who got the opportunity to have that briefcase.

I don't think there needs to be 2 MitB winners, and I don't think an entire PPV should be named for it when there's only two matches of its kind on the card. Although we have stupid PPV names like Hell in a Cell or Elimination Chamber, where all matches on the card aren't those matches, but that's a different discussion.

The MITB match is one of the best matches we have on each year. It's similar to the Royal Rumble in importance - the winner is guaranteed to get something big on the following months.

I believe this completely deserves a PPV. I have no idea why anyone would want to scrap the MITB PPV - it's by far one of the very best ones we have. Would anyone rather have another no-gimmick, no-consequence PPV in place of it?

Anyway, more on topic, I dislike the idea of using the MITB match for main event guys. This is the perfect match for upper midcards that just need a little bit of an extra push to break into the main event, and should be left as that.

This might make Money In The Bank be overused but as long as there is both face and heel winners, a variety of different cash ins and the matches are still very exciting, why not have 3 money in the bank matches. MITB has become a match everyone wants to see, so I think it's worth try. Keep the PPV the same as it is, have two brand money in the bank matches where the winner can cash in on the brands respective world champion. Then have a Wrestlemania Money in the Bank match where the winner of the briefcase can cash it in on any show, on any world champion. I think it would make people interested and help the main purpose of Money in the Bank:help creating more future stars and main eventers

It reminds me a bit of when they did a Final Survival Match at Survivor Series in 1990... with all the Survivors going into a final match...

Personally I think they killed the goose on MITB by not having someone lose... Del Rio or Miz was a perfect case to lose but they bottled it...

The way to save the PPV is make the MITB match the main event and have top talent enter it... the idea of using it to elevate has been over done...

I l ike the idea of taking it back to mania for a few reasons.

1 it gives the upper-mid card guys a match on mania. And from what ive seen on documentaries and read that is a major payday for alot of guys.

2 If they keep having 2 a year the MiTB matches will end up like HiaC and TLC where it looses interest. Remember the first HiaC and TLC matches had u drawn in when they booked one cause u wanted to see what would happen.

3 How many guys will they accually let win it? In todays WWE there is a different Champion every 3 or 4 months or so. I like back in the day when 1 or 2 guys had title runs every year and you had 4 or 5 guys chasing

First off they need to take the MITB pay-per-view match away. Its better at WM. the only reason they dont want it at WM is because most of the time it was better then all the other matches, even the main event. I dont get it you have a TLC and a MITB pay-per-view. its ALMOST the samething. Its kinda like bragging rights and Survivor Series, why not just have who is the best brand at survivor series really guys/WWE wtf.

Anyway if you were going to change MINTB, I would change the names to Armagadon. Only because not everymatch at MITB is a MITB match, there for pointless. Armageddon has a stronge name you can have differnt gimick matches. You can take all the high flyers but them in MITB/TLC match and there you go, throw in a Hell in the Cell Armageddon style, i dont even need to see blood or see someone go through or fall off the top just break down the cage and do a move ontop of the cage and get the pin. Tables match if you go through a table your eliminated, beat the clock for the case. Something!! Ziggler, Swagger, Jericho, CM Punk, Cena, Bryan, Wade, and Orton in an Iron Man Match person with the most wins in and hour-Wins.(haha its basically like the scramble match but with a longer time limit and better name)

Something!!

...Or they could do what they use to do for the winner to get a title shot, King of the Ring

I'm sorry but there simply should not be more than one MitB a year, it completely ruins the value of the concept and the match itself knowing there's the exact same match coming on after it. Imagine if there was Smackdown Royal Rumble and a RAW Royal Rumble at the Royal Rumble event? How stupid and ludicrous would that be? Just about as ludicrous as it is that they ruined a fine tradition (MitB at WM) to make it oversaturated just like every gimmick match they have. I can't believe you proposal is to oversaturate it even more and break it up between status on the card and have each card do one? I'm sorry this is a rude post but I really don't think it's a good idea

I think MITB should be a mainstay at Wrestlemania in it's current format.

If they want something MITB style at another PPV. Why not have an 8-man ladder match for a item (briefcase or whatever), but whoever retrieves it, has to face their champion IMMEDIATELY. It'd give a good way for a face to win the match, but a heel champion to come out and retain ("At least the face gave his best! He was exhausted from the ladder match!"). You'd still have the shock factor of the occasional time that the champion DIDN'T retain. Plus it doesn't diminish the regular MITB because the winner doesn't run around with a briefcase afterwards (but the winner could still be in the title picture "I was this close to beating you" style).

The first half of your idea is good but we could just take that and place it at wrestlemania like it used to be and be done with it.

The second half of your idea is terrible because it sets in stone how the to undercard titles are just that. The problem with the US and Intercontential titles to begin with is that they are always given to undercard guys who have no shot at the WWE or WHC titles. In theory this makes sense giving the undercard titles to up and coming stars but if the titles never are given to any one but people not worthy of the other two than they will never be seen in as high a regard or even close. Your idea lets the losers compete for a chance at a title and that devalues it even more. Your setting an actual line in the sand where people on one side qualify for the WWE and WHC and the other the US and IC and whats worse you're making it clear that those who are on one side are much better competitors because they all beat the people on the other side. You can't have losers compete for titles.

Just have 1 money in the bank match at the ppv, 1 winner stalking both champs for up to 1 year, keep it simple but edgy at the same time. The brand split is fading a bit at the moment so there's really no need for 2 mitb matches imo. A mitb for the mid card or tag titles just wont draw these day unfortunately, good idea though. also the mitb/wrestlemania situation, keep the money in the bank ppv or else the road to wrestlemania could get quite repetitive after a few years

I have read recently that a lot of you want to scrap the MITB PPV. You say that you prefer it to be one match at Wrestlemania each year.

I agree to a point. I loved seeing it at Wrestlemania as well. However, the fact is, the "Money-In-The-Bank" PPV has done good figures for WWE over the last two years. This year, it had two awesome MITB matches, another great match between Randy Orton and Christian, and possibly the match of 2011, with C.M. Punk taking home the WWE Title against John Cena, in Punk's hometown. The crowd was rabid, and the PPV was one of the best of the year.

I thought of a way to keep the MITB PPV, but not have more than one person being able to cash in on the WWE or World Champion.

Here it goes:-

I would have it that, on "Raw" and "Smackdown", leading up to the MITB PPV, there would be 8-Qualifying Matches, (maybe 4 Raw, 4 Smackdown). The eight winners of these matches will get a match at MITB, where they are in a MITB Ladder match, and the winner will be the sole recipient of the briefcase, which can be cashed in on EITHER the World or WWE Champion, at any time, over one year. Having top guys in this match will allow people like John Cena, Triple H or C.M. Punk to be in a MITB Ladder Match.

But that wouldn't be the only MITB match. The eight losing guys from the Qualifying Match also gets something, though not as prestigious. They will each be entered into a MITB Ladder Match also, but the winner gets to "cash-in" any time for one year- only for either the WWE Intercontinental, or United States Title. This match can contain the guys WWE wants to push, but aren't ready to main-event yet, or are "mid-carders". e.g. Ted DiBiase, Kofi, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder etc. I think that this MITB match could be superior, quality-wise, because there are more small and high-flying guys in it.

If the WWE reinvigorated the tag-team division, they could have a tag-team MITB match also, for a shot at the WWE Tag-Titles. You could have Air-Boom, Primo and Epico, and the Usos in this match.

I know WWE will never do this, but would you want to see this format of MITB matches happen at the "Money-In-The-Bank" PPV? I think it would make the titles more important, and make each winner go after a clear prize, without muddying the waters.

Unforunately, they used to have it where people qualified for money in the bank, so that isn't nothing new at all. As for the losers, well that is what happens when you have a match like this. They need to leave it as is imo.

My idea to change up The Money In The Bank PPV is to MOVE the M.I.T.B. PPV to the month of June on Father's Day, IF the K.O.T.R. tournament ISN'T coming back on a yearly basis. In my opinion, this will add HUGE importance to the M.I.T.B. PPV AND have the WWE Universe and the wrestling world look forward to the month of June for that BIG WWE PPV to purchase on a yearly basis, similar to how the WWE King Of The Ring PPV was like in the 1990s.

I love the IC and US MitB idea. Its fresh and it would add excitement to the mid-card matches.

Just think, when Miz and Bryan won their briefcases, did everyone think they were going to win a world title? With the Mid-card Case, more guys can be built in different ways.

The MITB ppv is indeed a good PPV concept... but the problem is then that having two superstars with a briefcase and an almost gauranteed title reign is very damaging to the overall product. The match was also good as a Mania match where it was ONE guy who could choose whichever title he wanted....which is how it should stay.

My version of MITB the PPV that should not damage the product post PPV is that the winner of the briefcase for their respective show would then simply become the #1 contender, and it would not be a briefcase cash-in but a boost up the figurative "ladder".
The looser of that respective title match may still want to be part of an already ongoing feud and thus will become a tripple threat feud.

You see, I'm a different school of thought........................

Remove it from WM and all other PPV's. The MITB PPV needs to be all MITB's. 5 Matches for for designated briefcases: WWE Title, WH Ttile, TT Title, InterContinental, US Title.

THAT would draw serious buys and put alot of fresh faces to work where "anything can happen".

You see, I'm a different school of thought........................

Remove it from WM and all other PPV's. The MITB PPV needs to be all MITB's. 5 Matches for for designated briefcases: WWE Title, WH Ttile, TT Title, InterContinental, US Title.

THAT would draw serious buys and put alot of fresh faces to work where "anything can happen".

Briefcase clutter.... it would be great the first time ALL the titles were up for "Briefcase" status but when multiple titles ALL have a potential outsider cashing in it can effect all the current storylines that WWE may have going all at once.
It would be cool for it to happen just the once....but it would be an absolute nightmare for WWE booking if they know that after MITB a new set of storylines need to be written in and anticipated.

The entire concept of MITB was designed primarily for the purpose of elevating stars to the main event picture. Top stars like John Cena, Triple H, now CM Punk, Randy Orton and a few others no longer need MITB as they've made it to the level of solidified main eventers. Wrestlers like Trips, Cena & Orton have won a combined total of more than 30 World Championships. Having them compete in MITB is a wasted opportunity for other wrestlers and, quite frankly, it'd be extremely redundant.

Edge, RVD, Mr. Kennedy, CM Punk were all firmly planted within the mid-card picture before winning the MITB match at WrestleMania. That's not to say that plans always go the way they're originally intended, such as Kennedy giving up the case due to injury or the couple of ventures into the main event scene that Punk had.

By tacking on an MITB for the mid-card & tag titles, it's definitely an over use of the MITB concept. In some ways, it sounds more like the Feast or Fired concept that TNA used to employ. Having the "losers" of the qualifying rounds have an MITB match for a shot at the mid-card titles practically says in and of itself that these guys simply aren't good enough to be a World Champion. The best use of top stars like Cena, Orton or Triple H would be for one or two of them to compete in an MITB match. Use their star power to draw attention to the match but use it to elevate someone else. After all, it'd be a feather in the cap of someone winning an MITB match in which someone on the level of Cena, Orton or both competed.

I personally like the MITB concept as is, it's just the stupid cash ins that ruin it. jack Swagger? We saw how that went. Punk's first reign? Same deal.

If they intend to keep MITB as its own PPV and event (it's one of the bigger match ups of the year,) it should be like the Royal Rumble in that there's 1 match a year with 8 prestigous spots, 4 from Raw, 4 from Smackdown. Having 2 match ups waters down the concept and at this point, the cash ins are losing their effectiveness.

Dolph Ziggler isn't ready for the main event? Are you fucking serious?! Wow.

I do like he idea or a less prestigious MITB match, but meh, i'm not sure it would draw much money.

I hate the idea of a tag titles one, the tag titles mean nothing at the minute, and it will take a long time for people to care again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, because, in your mind, Dolph Ziggler should be headling Wrestlemania this year, should he? Step aside, Cena v The Rock, "The Showoff" is here!

Ziggler is getting there, but it isn't time for the glorified Billy Gunn to make the main-event yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back