WWE Money In The Bank - Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Who will replace Barrett tomorrow night?

• Adam Rose

• The Big Show

• Bo Dallas

• Christian

• Damien Sandow

• Fandango

• Heath Slater

• Justin Gabriel

• Mark Henry

• The Miz

• R-Truth

• Sami Zayn

• Santino Marella

• Sin Cara

• Zack Ryder

Results are only viewable after voting.
After the announcement of the participants, it's pretty much a dead giveaway Rollins will win.
I bet my left testicle that Dean Ambrose is winning the match. Roman has the main event push, Seth has the Authority, and Dean will have the Money in the Bank briefcase. Just wait until he cashes in on Roman next year.

Dean Ambrose winning would be the worst possible choice out of the entrants. You'd be better off to give it to Kofi than Dean Ambrose.

Rollins wins this match. More than likely with help from the Authority. And a face wins the WWEWHC.

A shame that we won't get that one on one match between Rollins and Ambrose at the pay per view because I've been waiting for a long time to see that (I loved their matches together in FCW). To me, the most likely winners are Rollins and Barrett. Rollins for fairly obvious reasons and Barrett (though to a lesser extent) because it seems that WWE is finally intent on pushing him and it'd be great to see him hold the briefcase as well as the IC title similarly to how Miz did with the US title.

I don't really see any of the others in this match having a chance. Maaaaayybeee Ambrose? It would certainly be interesting if Ziggler won. But my money's on either Rollins or Barrett.

Also, anyone think there's a chance we'll see a cash in during the pay per view?

Although it's nice to have Ambrose in the match, I don't see him winning the match in any way, shape or form, even if a heel wins the championship match. Sure, he has momentum, but Rollins needs this for character development more than anyone else in the match. From a storyline perspective, it makes sense for Ambrose to be within inches of taking the briefcase, only for Rollins (possibly with help from the Authority) to get it for himself instead. I don't think it harms Ambrose if he gets screwed over. Dirty win for Rollins solidifies his status as a top heel, and intensifies his feud with Ambrose even more. To me anyway, it makes no sense to have Rollins align himself with Triple H, but not be in the WWE WHC title picture. Him winning the briefcase makes the most sense to me, albeit a little predictable.

Seth Rollins is announced so I am guessing that leaves 6 spaces so they have 7 like in the Title Match.

Personally I think we will see:

Seth Rollins
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Jack Swagger
Bo Dallas
Kofi Kingston
RVD

Ambrose makes sense as he is feuding with Rollins and will not have anything to do. Ziggler is doing absolute zilch at the moment, but is a good worker so having him in this match makes sense for him and as a former Champion adds a bit of prestige. Jack Swagger is the same reasons as Ziggler. Bo Dallas just fits this type of match. He could make a name for himself with a solid performance. Kofi always performs in these type of matches so he will be the spot monkey. This match also suits RVD and again adds a little more star power as a former Champion. I think the Briefcase already has Rollins name on it.

Kane was mean't to be in a title match against Bryan, not sure why he isn't in the Title match, maybe he could be added but do not see him added to the Briefcase match.

I would like to see Bad News Barrett in this but he is already the IC Champion so he needs to carry this instead of the Briefcase.

Rusev will probably have a match with someone. I would like to see Big Show challenge him and put Rusev over.

I am actually looking forward to this PPV. It looks a really solid card so far. I just hope they fill it with strong matches.

Well I said 7/7 correct, didnt know there would be an 8th but of course Bad News Barrett was added. I would have liked to see him defending the IC Belt but no issues with him being added.

Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Rob Van Dam
Seth Rollins
Bad News Barrett
Kane

Good gosh, let's take a stroll to mid-card heaven, shall we? It seems to me that in the past, you usually saw some main eventers in MITB. Guys like Edge, John Cena or Randy Orton.... who wound up taking the win.

Still, using all guys in the middle isn't necessarily a bad thing; it's harder to predict a winner, which is good. Yes, some of us might presume Seth Rollins will take the duke because we figure he's headed for main event status ......and he probably is.... although I'm not thrilled with the idea of him attaining it so soon after breaking out on his own.

Still, if the company wants to elevate a mid-carder in a hurry.....well, MITB has become the traditional way of turning the trick, right?

I suppose I'll pick Rollins simply because I can't see anyone else on this list winning MITB.

Bad News Barrett was apparently injured during his Smackdown taping, so might have to be removed from the Money in the Bank match.

Bad News Barrett was apparently injured during his Smackdown taping, so might have to be removed from the Money in the Bank match.

It seems WWE confirmed his injury:
WWE.com has confirmed that Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett suffered a shoulder injury during Tuesday night’s SmackDown taping.

http://www.wzronline.com/wrestling-news/breaking-update-wwe-confirms-wade-barretts-injury.html

This pisses me off a lot. I was hoping he would finally win MITB! Man, this sucks.

He's the IC. There was a complete zero chance he was going to win the mitb. Literally zero. But its terrible that he was injured again.

Apparently he was injured by Jack Swagger when thrown into a barricade.

Harsh luck.

I believe Swagger also injured Ziggler once before also...

Interesting to see which direction the IC title will be taking going forward if the injury is serious.

Swagger you damn oaf. :( Great shame for BnB.

I wonder if they'll insert someone else in his place, or just go with the ones they have left?

This match is very interesting. Rollins is the obvious choice and I wouldn't mind that at all. He is very talented and a quick cash in would be fantastic. Get him some real momentum and he could become one of the top heels they have had in a while.

Ambrose is another good option. He is talented and has the momentum after breaking up from The Shield. I'm not sure, however, where he goes if he wins. A title run immediately would be risky so perhaps he would wait all the way until after WM.

Barrett has been awesome the last few months. He has the right gimmick and is backing it up. I reckon there is a chance he wins and then drops the IC title. Ziggler is an outside choice but could happen. He is popular and would work as a transitional champ.

Right now I'll say Rollins will win this but the other three would be fine. Rollins could be A star and this might be his opportunity.

So it has been confirmed by WWE on their website that Barrett did indeed suffer a shoulder injury on Smackdown, but, still haven't posted whether they are pulling him from the match or not..

Do you think he will be fit (enough) in time to compete or do you think he will miss this match?

I personally see this as good news, if he was going to be withdrawn, surely they would of mentioned it on the website by now?

Perhaps he will have his entrance for the briefcase match, then go sit on commentary, making everyone assume hes not competing, then when he see's his chance, he gets up from commentary to win the briefcase, or be about to win the briefcase for someone to stop him just in time??

What are your thoughts on the situation?

So it has been confirmed by WWE on their website that Barrett did indeed suffer a shoulder injury on Smackdown, but, still haven't posted whether they are pulling him from the match or not..

Do you think he will be fit (enough) in time to compete or do you think he will miss this match?

I personally see this as good news, if he was going to be withdrawn, surely they would of mentioned it on the website by now?

Perhaps he will have his entrance for the briefcase match, then go sit on commentary, making everyone assume hes not competing, then when he see's his chance, he gets up from commentary to win the briefcase, or be about to win the briefcase for someone to stop him just in time??

What are your thoughts on the situation?

A lot of people have been saying the same thing. Wade Barrett will be sitting around, while everyone kills themselves. Then when he spots his chance, he'll snag the briefcase.

I hope Barrett can compete and win! However, if he doesn't allow someone like Ziggler and Kofi to win the briefcase.

A lot of people have been saying the same thing. Wade Barrett will be sitting around, while everyone kills themselves. Then when he spots his chance, he'll snag the briefcase.

I hope Barrett can compete and win! However, if he doesn't allow someone like Ziggler and Kofi to win the briefcase.

Well, it would help his heel character to steal a win like that, so its likely, what better time to do it, when a face is about to win, for example, Ambrose has just stopped Rollins from winning...then just as hes about to win, Barrett comes to the ring and steals it from Ambrose! Ambrose/Rollins Feud continues... and Barrett gets the briefcase...

It would help his character. I agree! But would he do with the IC title and the follow up of screwing another challenger? Storyline wise he would have to wrestle through his injury.

Well the past couple of weeks he has been involved in several matches with Dean Ambrose and one with Reigns, so if anything it would just be carrying on from the last couple of weeks...

I'm thinking he won't compete at all, there's no reason he's there anyway :p he's IC champ, same with Sheamus why are they there? Granted, I wouldn't complain if he stole it!

Barrett and Rollins are in my opinion the best choices to win, remember the briefcase holder has up to a full year to cash in so if Barrett hasn't been pulled by now then the injury must not be too bad. Besides, although it was after he won Money in the Bank, RVD also held the IC title at the same time as the briefcase, and he lost it before he cashed in. It's not a stretch to assume that Barrett could hold both, lose the IC title at some point, then cash in soon after, assuming WWE doesn't make him lose every week before his cash-in.

20140617_EP_LIGHT-Match-Rollins_Kofi_RVD_Ziggler_Ambrose_Barret_Swagger_HOMEPAGE.jpg

I always love these matches and when this match was announced, the potential of this show went through the roof. I'm extremely excited. You cannot have Money In the Bank without a Money In the Bank Ladder match for the briefcase. I like the new look, if this yellow briefcase is the one they will be using then I approve of that. I'll miss the red and blue ones although it makes sense since there is only one world title. I predict it to be the match of the night and to go on third to last in the evening, with only the divas match and world title match following. So let's take a look at the competitors.

Bad News Barrett
I've got a bad feeling we may have some bad news for Barrett, but he is announced as a competitor in the match so I will still include him. Even if he did not get injured then he still would have been my #3 pick behind Seth and Dean. It would be awesome to see him win but I don't see it happening anymore. Hopefully he will still be able to participate despite the injury and defend his title soon.

Dean Ambrose
I would not be surprised if he stole the show here. He's one of my top two picks to win, it comes down to either him or Seth to obtain the briefcase. No one else in the match makes any sense.

Dolph Ziggler
He'll have some cool spots, but he won't win this.

Jack Swagger
Yeah, not gonna happen.

Kofi Kingston
Like Ziggler, he will have some really cool spots, but with Dean and Seth also being in this his odds are quite low. Had there been two briefcases then maybe he could have gotten it this year.

Rob Van Dam
He's won Money In the Bank before, I don't see it happening a second time. Not with the lack of a second briefcase and the pushes that others in this match are getting. His odds are probably the lowest out of anyone in the match after Swagger.

Seth Rollins
My pick to win this. It may be too obvious of a pick to some, but it makes sense. He has Trips' support, sided with Evolution, and is getting a huge push. Adding a Money In the Bank briefcase to that just seems like the right route to take. Especially if Roman wins the World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match....

DAGGER'S PREDICTIONS
Seth Rollins will win the Money In the Bank briefcase.

I'm pretty sure someone will replace Bad News Barrett tomorrow. I read that his photo was taken out of the gallery on WWE's Facebook page.

Now, here's the thing. I think that even if Bad News competed, we were still going to have a surprise entrant. They have 8 guys in the main event and 7 in the other match. While 7 is unheard of, I think they were going to bring in an 8th man. Now that Barrett is injured, it will probably stay as 7 and they'll announce this other guy to be Barrett's replacement.

And who do I think it is? Well.. Who better to win a briefcase full of money than someone who came to play and has a price to pay?????

15057500.jpg

I can see Miz coming in and winning the match. I'll actually be pretty excited for it. Hopefully they put Alex Riley back with him. Their schtick was gold and it's been enough time that I'd like to see it again.

Then again, maybe they would prefer if the surprise entrant is someone we can bolieve in.

Bolieve.jpg

Considering Bo isn't announced for the PPV yet, I think he has a big chance of being the surprise entrant and maybe even winning the Money in the Bo-ank.

I'm hoping for Miz though. I'm a big fan even if the IWC has turned on him. I hope it isn't someone anticlimactic like Santino, Truth or Big Show, but WWE loves to troll us with their classic "Big Show surprises".

So who would you like to replace Barrett, and who do you think will it be???

I feel like it will be Mark Henry. He seems like someone they could put in there. (Unless he's injured. I can't remember if he is or not.)

I'd like to see Bo in it though. He could cut a promo on Wade about the injury. This would be a perfect set up for that type of promo.

I feel like it will be Mark Henry. He seems like someone they could put in there. (Unless he's injured. I can't remember if he is or not.)

I'd like to see Bo in it though. He could cut a promo on Wade about the injury. This would be a perfect set up for that type of promo.

Imagine how much heat he would get. I would love to see it tomorrow. Does anyone know if Bo Dallas has wrestle in a ladder match before?

Imagine how much heat he would get. I would love to see it tomorrow. Does anyone know if Bo Dallas has wrestle in a ladder match before?

Yes, Bo lost his NXT championship last February in a ladder match vs the current champion Adrian Neville.

Pretty good match, although the ending could have been a bit more dramatic.

My concern is that it clearly isn't time for Bo to win this yet and I'm not sure if I'm ready for him to lose already. As an NXT fan, I loved watching Bo spiral down into his crying, security-dodging "I GAVE YOU COOKIES!" persona but the guy just debuted; his inevitable fall from grace should be saved up for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back