WWE Fastlane General Discussion & Reviews

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Keep all talks of the Fastlane ppv in terms of fantasy booking, card speculation, who should go over, who shouldn't, etc. here. The usual rules against spam and everything else apply.

The final card may look like/may include:

WWE Championship - AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler/Baron Corbin

WWE United States Championship - Bobby Roode vs. Randy Orton

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship - The Usos vs. The Bludgeon Brothers

Tag Team Match - Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin vs. Aiden English & Rusev

Roode vs Orton is the big match on the card and the most interesting one. I'm looking forward to see where they're going with this feud for the following reasons:

a) you have a 13-time world champion taking on someone who has made quite a name of himself over the years and now is in the WWE

b) Randy Orton competes for a midcard championship

c) two great heels going against each other as faces, so somebody will eventually turn

I have been begging for Randy Orton to hold a Mid card single championship for years. I really hope he wins, it would help both him, and the championship a lot.

Fastlane is tough to book as it's the PPV before the one that matters that doesn't have the Chamber either.

Need a Nakamura match that makes him look dominant prior to Mania. Maybe have him go way over on someone like say... Mojo Rawley???

Also need to get New Day involved in something....

Here would be my Final Card based on current circumstance.

1) Styles (C) vs. Owens, vs. Zayn vs. Ziggler
2) Roode (C) vs. Orton
3) Nakamura vs. Rowley
4) Uso's (C) vs. Bludgeon Brothers
5) New Day vs. Rusev, English, & Corbin
6) Charlotte (C) vs. Ruby Riot
7) B. Lynch & Naomi vs. Rest of Riot Squad
8) Gable/Benjamin vs. Breezango

I've only caught up with the big matches and the Ronda Rousey segment, which is pretty much, anything any of you should watch. The girls had a good effort and Sasha Banks and Bailey made it 'must-see'. There's a great story there and I hope we get to see more developing, because they have such an amazing chemistry.

I don't know how I feel about Ronda Rousey in the WWE. She has a great menacing look and a lot of charisma, but she still seems really weak on the promo side, which is odd given the fact that she still is a big celebrity. It'll be interesting to see her develop and Stephanie & Triple H are great foes to start with and keep her hot. But no, Ronda will not be Austin's Stephanie.

The main event just proved me that I don't need Braun Strowman's like characters in the WWE anymore. Enough with the big guy that kicks out of everything and everyone and can destroy every other contender with a move. It takes away from the match at times and it's frustrating. To me, Finn Bálor was the MVP of the match as he really had an opportunity to show some emotion besides smilling because he's a babyface. I hope we have a Bálor vs. Rollins somehow, even if The Miz's involved in a Intercontinental Championship feud over at 'Mania.

As for Roman Reigns winning, I have no problem with it and it looks like it will probably be a three way dance with Strowman, somehow. Still don't have any feelings for the Universal Championship as I think, none of the contenders will actually show me a different and interesting title reign. Anyone who wins will be a "unstopabble monster", with Reigns probably the one that can actually deliver competitive matches with whomever they put him in. I hope 2018 is the year of Roman vs. Ambrose.

I thought that fastlane did more to advance wrestlemania storyline then elimination chamber did. Now you know where all the titles matches are going for mania. An vs nakamura is set as is Charlotte vs asuka. The tag and u.s title feud seem to be set for mania as well and unless a swerve happens from now until next Tuesday, it seem that we have some sort of direction for shane/Owens and Zayn for mania as well. So all and all, while the show was nothing to write about, it did more to advance story line for mania then elimination chamber did so in that regard, it did it's job.

I thought Fastlane was one of those shows where nobody was really expecting much but it turned out to be a very good 3 hours of wrestling that also did a lot to move us along to WrestleMania.

The weakest match on the main card was the women's tag team match, though I still thought it was about 2 to 2.25 stars.

Nakamura vs. Rusev was a strong, 3.5 star bout that I didn't think would be as good as it was. Rusev looked good in defeat, the best he's looked in a long time really.

Roode vs. Orton was a solid 3.25 stars, though I'd have preferred Roode to retain the title. I'm just not at all wild about title changes so close to WrestleMania. I thought the match went longer than it needed to but they delivered a fun bout.

The Usos vs. New Day was a lot of fun, a strong 3.5 stars even though it only went about 10 minutes. It would've been another instant classic and gotten a higher had Harper & Rowan not shown up and delivered a delightful beating to everyone.

Charlotte Flair vs. Ruby Riott went as I thought it would. They delivered a good 3.25 star effort and Riott looked really good in her first big singles match on the main roster.

The Six Pack Challenge didn't have any surprises, just a strong, 4 star 21 minutes of wrestling with Styles retaining and locking in his bout with Nakamura for WrestleMania.

Was there anything that was especially must see? Not really, but it was a lot of fun all the same. I give the show a solid B.

Everything I saw kept my interest. Pre-show six-man was fun. The spot with blond guy riding Gable like a horse was really funny. Nakamura and Rusev did a really nice job considering the outcome was entirely predictable and there was little build. It's impressive how Rusev can be where he is but still come off like a guy who can beat anyone at any time. I ignored Orton and Roode and the women's tag. Tag title match was terrific. I thought it was entirely possible that the Bludgeon's would destroy everyone before the match even started. Turns out they let the teams still have a strong outing before reeking havoc. The havoc was brutal though. That bomb to Woods on the steps looked really bad. Maybe I wasn't paying attention though because I'm not sure why Big E was such a waste. He got jumped on by the Usos and stayed down for the Bludgeons. It didn't seem to make sense but oh well. Women's title was good. Charlotte makes others look so good. Maybe it is her makeup but she sells the impact and aftermath of a match as well as anyone. Cena could have learned a lesson seven years ago. The Asuka reveal was cool and I'm happy that we are getting it. Looks like the Raw women will get the multi woman WM title match, or maybe they will add the SD women as well. The men's title match was fine. It certainly had cool moments. People complain about the McMahons but Shane's insertion was entertaining. It had logic and reason and furthered a story. My biggest complaint is the amount of sitting around. I get that guys may be "hurt" and "resting" or waiting for their chance but it just felt like too much of the match was two guys fighting while four other waited for their cue. I also would have liked to see AJ get in more offense before he won. The end was kind of anticlimactic. The Cena story is working for me though. I hope it goes somewhere.

Like I said before, good show for what I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back