WWE Money In The Bank General Discussion

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Money in the bank is now considered on of the big event for WWE now so i decided put my fantasy booking hat on and try to book a WWE worthy big show card.

WWE Championship match: Steel Cage match: Aj Styles(c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE universal championship match: Last man Standing: Brock Lesnar(c) vs Roman Reigns

Raw Money in the bank match: Braun Strowman vs Lashley vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor vs Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Smackdown money in the bank match: Jeff Hardy vs The Miz vs Randy Orton vs Big Cass vs Daniel Bryan vs Samoa Joe

Women's money in the bank match(dual brand): Charlotte vs Becky Lynch vs peyton royce vs billie kay vs Mickie james vs bayley vs sasha banks vs liv morgan

Raw tag team championship match: Bray wyatt and Matt Hardy(c) vs drew mcintyre and Dolph Ziggler

Smackdown tag team championship match: The bludgeon Brothers(c) vs the New day vs The Bar

Raw women's championship match: Nia Jax(c) vs ruby riott

Smackdown women's championship match: carmella(c) vs Naomi

Preshow

Bobby Roode and no way jose vs Elias and Baron Corbin

Rusev day vs gallows and anderson

1) AJ Styles vs. Shinske Nakamura (2 out of 3 Falls) - WWE Title
2) Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar - Universal Title (No DQ - Falls Count Anywhere)
3) Men,s MIB Match - (Balor vs. Stroman vs. Elias vs. Lashley vs. D. Bryan vs. Orton vs. Rusev vs. Samoa Joe)
4) Women's MIB Match - (E. Moon vs. Rousey vs. S. Banks vs. Bailey vs. Charlotte vs. Naomi vs. Asuka vs. P. Royce)
5) Seth Rollins vs. Bobby Roode (I-C Title)
6) Tag Team MIB (Authors of Pain vs. McIntyre/Ziggler vs. The Revival vs. New Day vs. Uso's vs. The Bar)
7) Nia Jax vs. Ruby Riot (Raw Women's Title)
8) Wyatt/Hardy vs. Owens/Zayn (Raw Tag Titles)

Pre-Show
Carmella vs. B. Lynch (Smackdown Women's Title)
Jeff Hardy vs. Big Cass (US Title)

I didn’t get a chance to see Raw or Smackdown this week due to the Sixers game last night and seeing Infinity War tonight. I did see a blurry picture of the 2018 Money In The Bank case and it looks green. Can anyone confirm that it is in fact green?? Makes me really glad I bought the Gold one. Is the Women’s MITB case still white?? Why is it so hard to find pics for these!?

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (C) vs Roman Reigns

Singles Match for the WWE Championship. If Nakamura loses he will not get another shot at the title as long as AJ is champion
AJ Styles (C) vs Shinsuke Nakamura

Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman vs Rusev vs Finn Balor vs The Miz vs Bobby Lashley vs Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal

Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Charlotte Flair vs Mandy Rose vs Naomi vs Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks vs Bayley vs Ember Moon vs Alexa Bliss

Singles Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
Nia Jax (C) vs Natalya (w/Ronda Rousey)

Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
Carmella (C) vs Asuka

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Seth Rollins (C) vs Bobby Roode vs Elias

No Holds Barred Match
Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass

Tag Team Match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championships
The Woken Universe (C) vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

Singles Match for the WWE United States Championship
Jeff Hardy (C) vs Andrade Cien Almas

Kickoff Match: Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships
The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs The Usos vs The New Day vs The Bar

Kickoff Match: Singles Match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Cedric Alexander (C) vs Buddy Murphy

There are reports going about that WWE does intend to announce a third MITB ladder match for this year's show, with this one being a tag team match. The reports state that the reason for WWE not announcing it on the same night is that they didn't see a need to as they had a full 6 weeks until the ppv. As a result, it'll probably be announced this Monday or the Monday after, if the report is even true.

If there is to be a tag team MITB ladder match, then I hope that they don't have more than 5 or 6 teams, otherwise you run the risk of it just being too much of a crowded clusterfuck. Ideally, I think the field should look something like the Usos vs. New Day vs. Sheamus & Cesaro vs. the Revival vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn or SAnitY if they show up in time.

I'm also of the opinion that they should only have maybe 6 or so matches for the main card. For the ladder matches especially, I think a minimum time of 25-30 minutes would work out just fine. Give the same thing to the WWE Championship match, let the Cruiserweight Championship match have a good 20 to 22 minutes, etc. These marathon ppvs are just too much, there's no need to defend every single title on every single ppv; there's plenty of time on television that can be devoted to building up title matches and airing them.

My Card and My Predictions:

Men's MITB
Finn Balor vs Rusev vs Braun Strowman vs Miz vs Cesaro vs Elias vs Samoa Joe vs Chad Gable
Winner: The Miz, after Bobby Lashley takes out Braun Strowman and Jason Jordan attacks Chad Gable. Finn comes really close again, leading to a heel turn

Women's MITB
Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch vs Asuka vs Mandy Rose vs Mickie James vs Ember Moon vs Sasha Banks vs Bayley
Winner: Asuka

WWE Championship
Last Man Standing AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Winner: AJ Styles

Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal
Winner: Roman Reigns

Falls Count Anywhere Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass
Winner: Daniel Bryan

SD Women's Championship
Carmella vs Naomi
Winner: Carmella

RAW Women's Championship
Nia Jax vs Natalya
Winner: Nia Jax, starting to set Nia vs Ronda for Summerslam

IC Championship Open Challange
Seth Rollins vs Sami Zayn (w/Kevin Owens)
Winner: Seth Rollins, after a distracion by KO

US Championship
Jeff Hardy vs Sheamus
Winner: Jeff Hardy

SD Team Championship
The Bludgeon Brothers vs The New Day
Winners: Double DQ, Sanity Arrives

RAW Tag Team Championship
The Woken Family vs Ziggler and McIntyre
Winners: Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt, and Drew McIntyre takes out Dolph after the match

PRESHOW
Baron Corbin vs No Way Jose
Shelton Benjamin vs Karl Anderson

I give tonights PPV an A-

The biggest reason for it not being an A+ is because we once again had to watch Roman Reigns AGAIN in a boring match. if you watch the crowd was into every match till then, here came the CM Punk chants and Boring chants. When will WWE Understand that Roman needs to not be on PPV's all the time. Cena wasn't there and it was nice. Hell we even got Cena sucks chants during Romans match.

ATTN WWE: Stop putting Roman on the cards.

Love the Ppv from beginning to end. The only low point was the reigns vs jinder match but not because of Roman but they gave him way too much offense to jinder. If they would have done a quick 5 minutes match with Roman dominating most of the match, it would have been a way better match. I don't get why they thought they needed to protect jinder the way they did. He really shouldn't be on PPV anymore because he's the reason the match bomb not Roman.

Outside of that, the show was a really strong show overall.

In my opinion the only guy they should stop booking on These cards is jinder Mahal as reigns actually got a pop when he got on the offense and actually won the match.

ATTN WWE: Stop putting Roman on the cards.

Haha! This made me laugh. But, in case WWE is looking at this thread and taking suggestions for things that can never happen, please also stop turning Michael Cole's microphone on.

The only match I saw was Nia/Ronda and I enjoyed it. I don't know if it's because Ronda is new, but I get a nervousness that she is actually hurt as I watch. But, it turns out she is just getting really good really fast. Seems like people liked the Alexa cash in. I don't watch enough to know if that was good. It certainly seemed like the crowd liked the decision, so bravo if it was well done. My only problem was the way Alexa won...

Ok, so she attacks Nia with the briefcase. Her arm was vulnerable, thanks to Ronda, so she repeatedly hits her with it. Ok, fair enough. But wouldn't some type of arm-related submission make sense here? Instead, we get a 5-footer who weighs nothing "splashing" a 250lb. monster of a woman (a woman whose arm hurts and nothing more) and she can't kick out of it??

I don't need EVERYTHING to make sense to enjoy wrestling, ok? I get it. But that REALLY stood out to me. A champion with a sore arm is unable or unwilling to kick out and save her title because a little person landed on them? ...come on.

Bryan vs Cass: Funny, hope the feud is over. I love they are letting Bryan use his NXT finisher.
Sami vs Lashley: One thing, change Bobby's finisher
Roman vs Jinder: Also good, it was irrelevant but it was a good physical match. Protected Jinder finisher, also positive.
Women's MiTB: STILL don't understand why Alexa, with all the show, Natalya was a better option.
Asuka vs Carmella: BAD, BAD, BAD. SD Women's roster doesn't need Ellsworth
AJ Styles vs Nakamura: OK match, hope for Naka to reach the US championship (as the low blow to Jeff), and let's see if Miz/Joe/Rusev are the next contender. Hope they are starting the WM match of Daniel Bryan (RR winner) vs The Miz (c)
Ronda vs Nia: Good match, as Nia is botchmania run wild and Ronda is still a bit green. The finish maked more sense with Natalya, but it was the obvious one.
Men's MiTB: Why push Strowman that hard? Miz was a good option, even maybe Rusev or Kofi. I only hope that he cashes in on RAW. Maybe he won 'cause Lesnar is going back to UFC... And Balor needs to turn heel soon.

I think AJ Styles vs Nakamura Stole the show tonight, fantastic matcn and fantastic rivalry.

But also i think it is the end of the road for Nakamura in WWE aas he has lost 7 ppv matches singles titles matches inc defeat to Jinder Mahal and you just get this much opportunity in wwe also Vince has heat on him since his botched move against john cena.

Vince also has certain complex with Japanese stars he buries them all ex. Tozawa, Itami, Kairi Sane, and now nakamura and Asuka.

I think Nakamura will be degraded to mid card till next roster clean up and then will be cleaned up.

I think AJ Styles vs Nakamura Stole the show tonight, fantastic matcn and fantastic rivalry.

But also i think it is the end of the road for Nakamura in WWE aas he has lost 7 ppv matches singles titles matches inc defeat to Jinder Mahal and you just get this much opportunity in wwe also Vince has heat on him since his botched move against john cena.

Vince also has certain complex with Japanese stars he buries them all ex. Tozawa, Itami, Kairi Sane, and now nakamura and Asuka.

I think Nakamura will be degraded to mid card till next roster clean up and then will be cleaned up.

I don't think Vince does that on purpose, i feel like he doesn't get the mentality of the smart fans so he doesn't book for them and that's we're nakamura is stuck with. He's a foreigner that speak broken english so he think he can't make money with somebody on top that can't cut a promo every week. Which i kinda get since you want you WWE champion to be able to sell you're next big show through promo's and also use him to do all the extra curricular stuff outside of the ring and it's hard to do so if your champion isn't able to speak english.

Personally i don't think Nakamura is in that much trouble, he's going to stick in the top mix for a while even if it's not in the title picture. If Vince didn't want him to succeed as a top guy, he wouldn't have put him in top program since he started on the main roster. HE see him as a good hand and personally he one of those guy that i think doesn't need the belt to be over. If he gets it, that would be awesome, but he really doesn't need it.

Bryan vs Cass: Funny, hope the feud is over. I love they are letting Bryan use his NXT finisher.
Sami vs Lashley: One thing, change Bobby's finisher
Roman vs Jinder: Also good, it was irrelevant but it was a good physical match. Protected Jinder finisher, also positive.
Women's MiTB: STILL don't understand why Alexa, with all the show, Natalya was a better option.
Asuka vs Carmella: BAD, BAD, BAD. SD Women's roster doesn't need Ellsworth
AJ Styles vs Nakamura: OK match, hope for Naka to reach the US championship (as the low blow to Jeff), and let's see if Miz/Joe/Rusev are the next contender. Hope they are starting the WM match of Daniel Bryan (RR winner) vs The Miz (c)
Ronda vs Nia: Good match, as Nia is botchmania run wild and Ronda is still a bit green. The finish maked more sense with Natalya, but it was the obvious one.
Men's MiTB: Why push Strowman that hard? Miz was a good option, even maybe Rusev or Kofi. I only hope that he cashes in on RAW. Maybe he won 'cause Lesnar is going back to UFC... And Balor needs to turn heel soon.

I will be criticised by Dagger Dias, the mod, for being supposedly "anti-Daniel Bryan" here, but I am not.

However, in either this match or the one at "Backlash", I think that Big Cass should have dominated and/or won at least one of them.

I wonder if the fans would ever accept Bryan losing a match, even if it made "storyline sense"?

I mean, Big Cass is a big guy, against a little guy. Yet, both matches, the little guy has held their own and easily made the big guy submit.

Big Cass has the potential to be a top guy. He has all the qualities (size, stickwork, athletic, charisma) yet he is getting the "Wade Barrett" treatment.

I think it should have gone that Big Cass dominated and beat Daniel Bryan at "Backlash". Cass brags about it, Bryan starts questioning if it was a good idea to come back after all. This would tell a compelling story, and push Bryan as the "underdog" of the story, struggling to beat the bigger guy.

Daniel Bryan is so put down by Cass, that it drives him to want another match with Cass. They have their match (at MITB, or even drag it out to Extreme Rules) and then have Bryan battle, and eventually overcome Cass.

This would keep Bryan strong, it would not make Cass look like a complete dud, and the fans would still be behind DB.

I am disappointed that Bryan won both matches so easily. This isn't being a hater, but I think a story where Bryan loses a battle to Cass, but ends up winning the war, would make for a far better story to be told, and would keep Cass as a top young prospect.

I don't think Vince does that on purpose, i feel like he doesn't get the mentality of the smart fans so he doesn't book for them and that's we're nakamura is stuck with. He's a foreigner that speak broken english so he think he can't make money with somebody on top that can't cut a promo every week. Which i kinda get since you want you WWE champion to be able to sell you're next big show through promo's and also use him to do all the extra curricular stuff outside of the ring and it's hard to do so if your champion isn't able to speak english.

Personally i don't think Nakamura is in that much trouble, he's going to stick in the top mix for a while even if it's not in the title picture. If Vince didn't want him to succeed as a top guy, he wouldn't have put him in top program since he started on the main roster. HE see him as a good hand and personally he one of those guy that i think doesn't need the belt to be over. If he gets it, that would be awesome, but he really doesn't need it.

If Vince only wants guys who can cut promos to be champion, then how come Bret Hart go so many runs, when his stickwork was his weakest trait? As Undertaker in 1991, Masked Kane, Chris Benoit and Andre The Giant were also champions, and none could cut a promo worth a scrap. Brock doesn't do the talking, and he is champion.

I have loved Nakamura's heel turn stuff though. I love the "Me No Speak English" and how Renee Young sells it, I love "My pen doesn't work" when signing the contract. I have enjoyed his stuff as of late.

I do agree that having him lose so many times for the title will hurt him, short-term at least. I wouldn't have had him do the series against Jinder last year, as I felt he wasn't ready. Maybe they should have "hot-potated" the title back and forth between A.J. and Nakamura at least.

But hey, look at the bright side, Batista holds the record for the most WWE and World Title matches without winning the belt, and his career didn't do too bad. Maybe having Nakamura win the U.S. belt (and do a thing where he brags how Japan is better than U.S.A.) is a good alternative, until the dust settles, and try him again at the top in a couple of years time.

A feud with Daniel Bryan might also keep interest in Nakamura as well.

I will be criticised by Dagger Dias, the mod, for being supposedly "anti-Daniel Bryan" here, but I am not.

However, in either this match or the one at "Backlash", I think that Big Cass should have dominated and/or won at least one of them.

I wonder if the fans would ever accept Bryan losing a match, even if it made "storyline sense"?

I mean, Big Cass is a big guy, against a little guy. Yet, both matches, the little guy has held their own and easily made the big guy submit.

Big Cass has the potential to be a top guy. He has all the qualities (size, stickwork, athletic, charisma) yet he is getting the "Wade Barrett" treatment.

I think it should have gone that Big Cass dominated and beat Daniel Bryan at "Backlash". Cass brags about it, Bryan starts questioning if it was a good idea to come back after all. This would tell a compelling story, and push Bryan as the "underdog" of the story, struggling to beat the bigger guy.

Daniel Bryan is so put down by Cass, that it drives him to want another match with Cass. They have their match (at MITB, or even drag it out to Extreme Rules) and then have Bryan battle, and eventually overcome Cass.

This would keep Bryan strong, it would not make Cass look like a complete dud, and the fans would still be behind DB.

I am disappointed that Bryan won both matches so easily. This isn't being a hater, but I think a story where Bryan loses a battle to Cass, but ends up winning the war, would make for a far better story to be told, and would keep Cass as a top young prospect.
Daniel Bryan has already lost to Rusev and Samoa Joe. And I guess that both defeats were received well by the fans.

its not about Nakamura its in general with all japanese talent.
Vince thinks they are inferior to US wrestlers.

I'll agree with you in the fact that it was a bad booked feud (probably like all are being in this days).
Probably the best way, was to make Cass dominant in all the feud and Bryan had a BIG comeback in the MiTB match in which he snapped and became the A+ player. And you can have Cass losing both matches, but just only tapping out at this, and in the one at Backlash, get him DQed, or lose by a some wrestling pin, but with all the match being a dominant heel and on SD being the nightmare of Bryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back