WWE network

The Idiot

Getting Noticed By Management
Back in February Vince announced that he planned on launching the WWE network within the next 18 months. He mentioned the company will need to build a media center to accommodate their production needs before the network goes live.

It seems the talks of this network have fired up again and that Vince wants to be in good standing with NBC-U who will help launch this proposed network.

As a lifelong WWE(F) fan...I'm excited about this. A 24/7 wrestling channel with over 3 decades of history...including WCW (which they have the rights to show). Not only is it great for old timers like me...but it will also educate the newer wrestling fans on the history and what it was like in the good ol' days.

Hopefully it gets done soon. What are your thoughts?

Sounds great!

I admit I never watched WCW and hopefully this could give me an opportunity to see what I missed.

Is this gonna be a free channel like NFLN or will we have to pay for it?

I'm not sure. Either way I know I'll get it. The days of "nothing on TV" will be over...because there will always be wrestling, and nobody gets tired of seeing old classics. For the newer fans...seeing old matches will be exciting. Can't wait...hope it gets done soon.

If they do this, and I hope they do, what happens to WWE On Demand?? Would it wander into obscurity, or stay on as another means for old school and new school wrestling fans??

Another question comes to mind, if/when they get the WWE Network into production, will it be on basic cable or will it be like WWE On Demand bt on a higher channel??

I'd be surprised if this did not end up costing some additional money one way or the other. With that in mind I am only so interested. However, if it did end up on my cable plan at no additional cost that would be awesome. Classic PPVs would certainly create a random time vortex in my life.

I think a network would be perfect. They have so much programming to show: The territories, WCW, ECW and create original programming. It would definitely be a great place for a re launch of Tuff Enough.

And if Vince is thinking business wise. I would air ROH and FCW on the WWE Network. To make sure the network has enough fresh content. Plus it would bring ratings and serve as a great recruitment tool since WWE is finding gold in ROH.

And if Vince is thinking business wise. I would air ROH and FCW on the WWE Network. To make sure the network has enough fresh content. Plus it would bring ratings and serve as a great recruitment tool since WWE is finding gold in ROH.

Now I get Vince is "finding gold in ROH", but why the hell would the guy put another wrestling promotion on his network? That would make no sense at all. Why would he promote ROH?

Now I can see them possibly adding FCW to the network, maybe NXT aswell, but I've also heard they are planning on putting some WWE Films on the Network aswell. I'd love to see this happen. My TV would be stuck on the channel all day. I’m assuming it will be like HBO or Starz meaning you have to pay per month to get it. But hey, if Oprah can get a TV network, I'm sure WWE can. Hopefully it happens around summer time, it’ll give me something to do. Can’t wait.

Man, I'd love this! I am a huge wrestling fan, but there are so many things I've missed. How great would it be if they should old Nitros every week, simulating the experiences of people who were around in those days. Throwing on some old matches, roundtables featuring WWE legends, and even a documentary or two, all together with RAW, Smackdown, NXT, Tough Enough (if it's renewed), ECW, Nitro, and Superstars, and you have a recipe for great success.

I'd pay for this channel as I love wrestling and wouldn't mind being able to just turn the TV on and watch some whenever I'm bored.

I for one am really looking forward to the WWE Network. Watching classic television and not having to find what station wwe is own when the dog show is on. I think WWE network is long overdo and they can put alot on there. The Santino television show they talked about maybe even talk shows like MVP lounge and Peep Show could cover a 30 minute to an hour slot once a week. A lot can be done once this network takes off.

I'm afraid you guys are a bit off - I think I read awhile back that the network was suppose to bridge the gap of current storylines on RAW and Smackdown. Maybe this is where they will go attitude only. Although I'm afraid this has PG written all over it. WWE. So don't be surprise that this becomes CenaNation all over again. Although to fill all the time slots they might have older programming on, but I'm afraid it's going to be current PG related material. Then again maybe not. If it's a pay channel then they might show more aggressive programming. This would have been perfect back during the Attitude era with all the backstage faction segments, Vince flipping out, etc.

Mike

I don't see the point of this. We already have Classics On Demand both on cable and wwe.com. A lot of what people are requesting is exactly what Classics On Demand provides. Instead of going with a new network Vince should just focus on making Classics On Demand available in all markets. It's a much better option because you could watch what you want when you want. I've had it for about four years now and it's well worth $7.99 per month.

i'm pumped. hope it happens. it'd be great to see attitude era smackdown and raw, and maybe have biography dvd's of wrestlers shown there

I dont think the WWE network is going too be wrestling 24/7.More like some of the superstars get there own tv shows,like the big show as a newyork cop..

I personally would love it as they have the videos for ECW and WCW and the USWA and the NWA. I hope it is like the NFL Network or MLB Network, either way I would definitely get it.

Considering this could affect all of WWE and has to do with WWE, I thought it would go in here... if not, then I apologize for my error of terror.

As we're all aware of (or a majority of us anyway) the WWE has been trying to get the WWE Channel up and running for years. And as time draws closer and closer, it's obvious that they're wanting NBC to be a major supporter behind the station and (from what I've read) they are looking to start with DirecTV and Time Warner to run their channel on soon enough.

Whether or not this is within the near future or not, the channel is coming and because of such, I've garnered a few of my own questions...

Will WWE Channel feature Raw and/or Smackdown?
-The original airings... and possibly reruns

Could WWE Channel be a launching pad for more WWE TV-Programming?
-I remember that not long ago, WWE was looking to set Santino up for a Sit-Com and they just needed a station. Could this channel be that station?

What other projects would WWE use to launch this?
-Could WWE have a music video block where they play wwe theme songs? Could there be more tv shows? Could WWE Classics be shown?

and most importantly

Would it be included in a sports package, or would it take place of another channel?
-DirecTV has canceled G4tv so maybe it could be a replacement?

What are your opinions on the WWE Channel?

The best thing about this network idea is that it is VIRTUALLY impossible to mess up.

If WWE puts on classic matches, promos, feuds, stables, championship runs -- along with AWA/WWF/WWWF/WCW/ECW versions of these elements -- you win. All there is to it. It's just too good to actually mess up. I can't wait.

I'll be getting this for sure. Hopefully, it kicks off before the mid-way point of next year.

I would get it and pay the $5.00 dollars or $7.00 dollars a month for it imagen always somthing to watch

But how long after this channel debuts in America will it take to for vince to set it up over in Englan and Australia and europe

I wonder if it will come down to where PPVs or Wrestlemania itself will only be available on WWE Network. That would be one sure-fire way of getting people to subscribe. That is how ESPN2 really got started. I remember back when we had just basic cable many, many years ago; and ESPN would promote games and NASCAR races to be shown on ESPN2. And we didn't have ESPN2. That would be a good marketing ploy to use if WWE does launch their own channel.

They also could do pre-show/post-show programming before/after PPVs or major events. With WWE Studios they can show all the WWE sponsored movies.

Considering the fact that Vince's original idea of a "Super Bowl" for wrestling (Wrestlemania), the network could begin preshow coverage of Wrestlemania like at 12:00 noon (similar to when Super Bowl programming generally begins - every year it gets earlier and earlier) and have it lead into Wrestlemania.

I just hope this turns out much better than the XFL flop. The potential is there for a really neat channel. The WWE has such an extensive library of programming that in some ways you need several channels.

Admitedly, I would love this. Something I could always turn to. BUT I've got three letters for you. XFL.
The chances of this actually working are slim, and since the WWE is in the PG era, it's not like we're going to relive the attitude era. It'll probably be mostly Golden Era wrestling, which I don't care too much for. And lastly, I doubt it will be an all wrestling station. There just aren't enough fans in the U.S for that to work.

I think it's going to be great, but I still like the idea of WWE 24/7 On Demand more, simply because I can watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it. I don't have to wait for something to come on, or deal with commercials (if it's going down that path, anyway).

But I really don't mind paying for it if I have to. It sounds amazing.

This would be kinda cool if they do it right. Imagine a slot each day for a specific show or set of shows. WCW Saturday Night and the WWF counterparts on Saturday, Raw and Nitro on Monday, Thunder on Thursdays, Smackdown on Fridays, AWA, WWWF, Hulk Hogan saturday morning cartoons, NWA, etc...

I'm all for it. :worship:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back