WWE Quarter Finals: Shawn Michaels vs. Bam Bam Bigelow: Tables Match

HBK vs. BBB: Tables Match

• Shawn Michaels

• Bam Bam Bigelow

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels vs. The Beast From The East Bam Bam Bigelow

The Following matchup takes place in Madison Square Garden, in New York City.

Tables Match: A person must successfully drive their opponent through a table with an offensive maneuver. For example, if someone is lying on a table and rolls out of the way, and the opponent goes threw the table, the match is not over.

I voted for Bam Bam Bigelow. The gimmick match ruined Shawn and favoured Bigelow by a lot. I am not saying that Shawn does not have a chance in this match, but he does not have a very good one. Bam Bam is no ordinary big man, he got the skills to back it up and a tables match only makes it better for him. The only way I can see Michaels winning this match is if he pulls off a Sweet Chin Music and Bigelow falls through the table himself, but would that count? Bigelow wins with a moonsault through the table on HBK in 14 minutes.

Yes skullz, that scenario would indeed work. It was an offensive maneuver by Michaels to cause Bigelow to fall back threw a table. If you've watched the first tables match with the Hardyz and Dudleys, you'll know the rules better. I've always thought that was the best way to do the match, but of course the WWE went away from it.

I'm torn here, as the gimmick does favor bigelow. I can't see Shawn getting him on a table, let alone through a table. I did vote for shawn though, as i could picture bigelow going for a moonsault, only to get caught and somehow pushed/pulled through a table after a solid chair shot.

I don't think the stipulation favors Bigelow TOO much. Just as he could use his strength to hurtle Michaels through the table, Shawn is very fast and could manipulate Bigelow into a table. Once Bam Bam's weight starts carrying him, it's hard to stop.

Remember, Shawn had SEVERAL feuds and matches in the 90's with the likes of Diesel, Vader, and Yokozuna. He can hang with the SHW's. While Bam Bam is (IMO) the 3rd greatest SHW of all time, Michaels in his prime in an artist.

I am truly torn, but I will let the mainstream bastard in me vote and say Michaels wins.

I think Bigelow's size and experience in these sort of matches actually gives him quite a large advantage in this match, although a vote for Michaels is definitely justified. In this situation, the supposedly third best super heavyweight of all time would use his power to drive HBK through a table. I just don't think the showstopper is the sort of guy to use Bigelow's own weight and momentum against him, although the aforementioned Sweet Chin Music scenario is feasible.

i can visualize shawn winning this fantastic brutal match.
shawn can hang with the supeheavyweights easily.
biglow gets good offense in but shwan uses his speed and agility and his ability to think ON THE MOVE.
sweet chin music out of nowhere causes bigelow to fall and lay on the table.
shawn goes up the top turnbuckle and hits a trademark ELBOW DROP breaking the table with bigelow on it.
shawn with a tough fought victory in 15 min

I would see Shawn winning this although I did not vote for him as I can't go against Bam Bam in a table match.

Come on. Are these seriously the same people that are voting The Rock out? Whereas in that match you're putting too much stock in the stipulation, here you're not paying nearly enough attention to the stipulation. A fair amount of votes for HBK is deserved, he could win this, although the odds are far more in Bigelow's favour. But to be winning by seven votes? It's a joke, Bam Bam should take this one.

HBK's high flying moves won't benefit him in this match. But it's not an easy one for Bam Bam. Eventually though HBK would get worn down. Leading to Bigelow performing a splash through the table. That's pretty much the only way HBK would be able to put Bigelow through a table. So Bammers has more options in the end.

In almost any other gimmick, HBK would come out with the W, but Bam Bam, in his prime, has more than enough ways to put Shawn through the table. The only two scenarios that I can see HBK winning is a Sweet Chin Music sending Bigelow off the apron through a table, or Bam Bam some how ends up on a table, and Michaels hits his elbow drop off the top rope. That's just not enough options for him to move on.

Interesting, very interesting. Shawn Michaels is certainly capable of beating almost anyone in almost any type of match on any given night, but he is also capable of losing as well. Michaels is probably the best all around wrestler I have seen, so of course it's conceivable that he lays down Bam Bam Bigelow.

But Bigelow is a beast. He thrived in ECW destroying guys half his size. This match just favors Bigelow so damn much, it's hard to go against him. He's not an immovable sloth like so many SHW. He's agile, and strong as hell. From what I've read, the guy doesn't breathe hard when he's in there. I see Bigelow winning it, but won't be upset if he loses either.

Man this match is going down to the wire. Wouldn't it be something if you have one round where Bret Hart, Flair and The Rock are seemingly out of it, and there is still an outside shot for Angle, Austin and Michaels all to lose. How wide open would it make this tournament be?

Anyways, I wanted to throw a different angle that hasn't been brought up yet. Some will think it's probably nothing, but has anyone thought of what influence, if any, one Luna Vachon maybe in this match? Just a thought.

I cannot believe I'm taking out Edge AND HBK in round 4. Shawn has shown great variety recently in his wrestling abilities. He's as ring saavy as they come. But I don't see him moving Bam Bam. I definitely don't see him lifting Bam Bam, due to HBK's bad back.

Bam Bam goes through as a very deserving and dominant victor in this match.

Norcal swoops in and tgies it up for Shawn!!!...

Honestly, I dont think this one is lopsided at all. I really dont think this benefits either guy, maybe Bigelow a little, but just like Bret Hart, Shawn is superior than most at adapting his style. He survived HIAC with the undertaker. He can use his speed and agility to survive bigelow. I envision a finish with a table set up outside the ring, with Bigelow chasing shawn back into the ring, but getting caught with a superkick on the apron, going unconcious, and falling backwards through a table.

Wow!!! Triple Threat match next round, that is going to be awesome, it is sure to spark some huge debate, I cannot wait for that. I think it may boil down to the stipulation, but for some odd reason I see Christian sneaking away with a win.

Honestly?... this is a prime example of people over looking the facts and voting for whoever they like the best. Do you really think Shawn could win this match. He would lose. Game Over

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back