WWE Region, Argentina Subregion,First Round: (10) Kane vs. (23) Jimmy Snuka

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Kane

• Jimmy Snuka

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Buenos Aires Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Luna Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Luna_Park-por-jorge.jpg

newrecord-1422265612.jpg

#10. Kane

Vs.

Jimmy-Snuka.jpg

#23. Jimmy Snuka

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This will be a short match for Kane, I reckon. For me, I am going back to when Kane was a fucking monster. And I really mean a fucking monster. The same Kane who promised to set himself on fir should he not win a Championship match. That level of intimidation is a world apart from Jimmy Snuka. He may have "killed" is wife but Snuka is the one that is getting murdered here. Kane is too big, too powerful and too good for Jimmy Snuka.

Kane, Kane, Kane. The man will have his mask on for this one and take a few hits only to chokeslam and then tombstone Superfly (ode to Taker's first victim of the streak) and wrap this shit up.

You know what, I'm going to go against the grain and my gut and go Snuka here. How many big matches has Kane won as a percentage of his career? I'm willing to bet it's less than 5 percent. Snuka hung around too long, but I swear I've never seen a more popular guy with the live audience than him in the early 80s, Hogan possibly excluded. Kane is a safe pair of hands that ultimately loses most matches of relevance, so I'm going Snuka.

Snuka is remembered mostly for a few choice moments in his careers. And maybe the same can be said of Kane. However, Kane has amassed far more in his time. His longevity tells it's own tale when he was only brought in as a foil to an existing character.

Kane at his top was both terrifying and almost unparalleled amongst a stacked roster. Kane is a shell of the greatness he's shown at times but has still takes this one for those periods in his career.

For me Kane has multiple primes. Do we take the 1998 masked version that squashed everyone and defeated the biggest star in the company Stone Cold for the title; albeit for a day? Do we take the 2003 version who squashed everyone, beat back Evolution, and wasn't ever pinned by Goldberg? Or do we take the 2010 version who was world champion, defeated Undertaker in back to back to back PPV's, stalemated Edge, and only lost the title in some ridiculous fatal 4 gimmick match?

Any of those 3 versions would beat Snuka at his best. For me this is Kane. Easily.

Disclaimer: I won't pretend that I have in-depth wrestling knowledge about a wide range of superstars. So, I'm going to perform my voting a little differently. There will be 127 matches in total in this tournament. I've comprised a list of 63 random 1v1 events. I'll randomize the list and base my vote off the results of who I think would win the selected event with my odd logic.

This event: Thumb wrestling

Logic: Kane's hands are so massive, and I imagine Snuka's hands are riddled with arthritis after doing that hand symbol he has done over the years. Kane with the 1-2-3 pinochle.

Winner: Kane

I'd take Corporate Kane over Snuka, let alone Prime Kane. The Kane that got to Undertaker. The Kane that took THREE TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVERS to beat at WM XIV. The Kane that beat Austin for the WWF Title. Kane is a multiple time recognized world champion, Snuka is not (his ECW reigns are when the title was not recognized as a proper world title).

Kane is a killer. I mean, I guess so is Snuka, but in a super different way.

The 1998 in-prime Kane was an unbelievable talent, a monster who should have held the WWF title longer than a day. But the fact he was booked to beat the number 1 guy in the company so soon after his debut shows what a beast he was at the time.

Kane has been a legitimate main event threat for over 15 years, beaten pretty much every top star there has been over that time and held so many championships throughout his career. I don't see any way that Jimmy Snuka could keep down the 1998-2001 era Kane. The guy was awesome.

Kane with a vicious Chokeslam for the victory.

Kane back in the day could steamroll over opponents & Snuka would be one of them. I dont see Superfly getting past him here so Kane moves on.

An in prime Kane is a scary thought as he is one of the great big men in Pro Wrestling History. Snuka is famous for a few major spots. But I will go with the man that beat the hottest man in Wrestling at the time for the title in one of the biggest periods of pro wrestling. Kane gets the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back