WWE Region, Argentina Subregion, Second Round: (7) Antonio Inoki vs. (10) Kane

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Antonio Inoki

• Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WWE Region, Buenos Aires Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Luna Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Luna_Park-por-jorge.jpg

4484152.jpg

#7. Antonio Inoki

Vs.

newrecord-1422265612.jpg

#10. Kane

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Kane's career is dominated with losses to bigger names. There's a reason for that 'jobber to the stars' tag. In fact, if Antonio Inoki were to arrive, in his prime, in the last decade in WWE, his first programme probably would've been with Kane - a safe pair of hands whose credibility wouldn't be harmed by a loss to another top star. I'd see it playing out like Kane vs. Benoit from Bad Blood 2004; the big man dominating, but getting caught by a sneaky manoeuvre from the smaller adversary. Benoit won that one via roll-up and I think Inoki would probably do the same. Kane might dominate, but Inoki will win.

Yeah, I like Kane a lot, got a lot of time for him, but he does lose most of his big feuds against big stars, I see no reason why this would not be one of them. A gallant defeat but an inevitable one.

In Japan, people would bow to Inoki as though he were a God. When Vader beat him, the Sumo Palace rioted, setting the pillows they sat on ablaze and threw them into the ring.

Kane has won one major feud that I can remember, and that was in 2010 against Undertaker. I love Kane, one of my favorites of all time.

But sadly, this is another case of...

Inoki was at his best at winning.

Kane was at his best at losing.

Vote Inoki.

Gyahhh. Kane is one of my boys. At his best, he's been an other-worldy monster, But there's a reason most praise for Kane is preceded by the phrase 'at his best' or 'when he was at his peak'. He's had some real lulls too. He is something or a legend but just as often he's been a mid-card guy banging out mid-card feuds.

Inoki is a bona fide legend in the biz. He's one of the very few (if any) Japanese wrestling stars I'd heard about before doing any learning. I can take him or leave him when it comes to his ring work, but often that goes to Kane also, so... I guess I'm voting Inoki.

I love Kane. Not only is it not a secret that he's my favorite all time wrestler, but I take pride in that fact. He was the man that got me hooked on the WWE when I first started watching it. But part of learning how to be objective is realizing that our favorites are not automatically the best.

Inoki was not only Japan's most popular wrestler but he was hugely successful internationally as well. Having a largely winning record even in the WWE. His list of conquered victims reads like a who's who of ultimate pro wrestling legends. And there was even a period of time where Inoki was nearly impossible to beat like Kane was in 1997. There's really no category that I use where I can give Kane the advantage in. Even longevity. Kane is perhaps the most tenured pro wrestler in WWE left that can say he was a top star for most of his career. Even when he hit bottom he was still seen as a threat to the top guys. Inoki though, as pretty much reached god tier in Japan, and is well respected as a legend by fans in America too.

And for that reason I've got to give my vote to Antonio Inoki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back