WWE Region, Chiyoda Subregion, First Round: (9) Kevin Nash vs. (24) Gorgeous George

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Kevin Nash

• Gorgeous George

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Chiyoda Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at Budokan Hall in Chiyoda, Japan.

budokan.jpg

big-sexy-kevin-nash-meme-generator-this-post-cured-my-quad-abd36b-jpg.5118

#9. Kevin Nash

Vs.

gorgeous-george.jpg

#24. Gorgeous George

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Kevin Nash is garbage. There. I said it. He was so clumsy he botched running. Look at him dashing across the ring like a doofus before tearing a quad.

[youtube]tfxuAI7SAMk[/youtube]

He was a terrible draw as champion in the WWE, and basically became popular in the WCW after riding the coattails of his more popular and talented NWO stablemates. He ended Goldberg's streak, but for what? For Goldberg to lose all his heat and basically drop off the radar as a top star. And he was sloppy, uncoordinated, and limited in the ring. The only thing he really had going for him was his incredible charisma. But all that makes him is a slightly more decorated version of Kane, but minus the longevity.

Gorgeous George was one of the most popular, polarizing, and influential pro wrestlers of all time. And he was quite skilled to boot. Very skilled in fact. And he oozed charisma; just as much as Nash if not more. Though not as decorated the major belt George did win, the AWA champion - not Gagne's AWA but the original AWA started by Tony Stecher and later owned by Wally Karbo - was held by top drawing champions Frank Sexton, Maurice Tillet, Danno O'Mahoney, and most importantly Ed Lewis. It was Lewis's personal belt that he defended as wrestling's top draw in the 20's. So it was very prestigious. The WCW title went down hill after Nash held it. Finger point of doom anyone?

George should win this. For the sake of wrestling and the tournament.

My head is telling me Nash - the credentials on paper are so obvious that it isn't really worth discussing. However, my heart says George because there is absolutely nothing about Nash that makes me think "hmm, I'd enjoy seeing more of that guy". George was different - his flamboyance would probably be quite tame now, but there's no question about how groundbreaking the act was. Nash has to go home I think.

I've seen two good Kevin Nash matches in my whole life, and they were against two people in most people's top 10's (HBK and Taker). He was slow, boring, had a more limited move set than Khali, and absolutely sucked. Fake Diesel was better than Real Diesel. He was so boring in WCW. Of the first three NWO guys, he always seemed like the least important. He was a travesty as a champion whenever he held a world title. He was a vanilla giant.

Kevin Nash tears his quads on the way to the ring therefore Gorgeous George wins it

I am generally voting with the Older school guys because they don't get the respect they deserve. But this guy is so key to the evolution of modern pro wrestling it isn't funny. Hell he is even a big inspiration outside of wrestling with his entire gimmick inspiring Muhammed Ali to be the character he was. He retired before his career went downhill. Without him Pro Wrestling wouldn't be the same, also he came through the time when hookers were a normal thing.

Kevin Nash is garbage. There. I said it. He was so clumsy he botched running. Look at him dashing across the ring like a doofus before tearing a quad.

[youtube]tfxuAI7SAMk[/youtube]

He was a terrible draw as champion in the WWE, and basically became popular in the WCW after riding the coattails of his more popular and talented NWO stablemates. He ended Goldberg's streak, but for what? For Goldberg to lose all his heat and basically drop off the radar as a top star. And he was sloppy, uncoordinated, and limited in the ring. The only thing he really had going for him was his incredible charisma. But all that makes him is a slightly more decorated version of Kane, but minus the longevity.

Gorgeous George was one of the most popular, polarizing, and influential pro wrestlers of all time. And he was quite skilled to boot. Very skilled in fact. And he oozed charisma; just as much as Nash if not more. Though not as decorated the major belt George did win, the AWA champion - not Gagne's AWA but the original AWA started by Tony Stecher and later owned by Wally Karbo - was held by top drawing champions Frank Sexton, Maurice Tillet, Danno O'Mahoney, and most importantly Ed Lewis. It was Lewis's personal belt that he defended as wrestling's top draw in the 20's. So it was very prestigious. The WCW title went down hill after Nash held it. Finger point of doom anyone?

George should win this. For the sake of wrestling and the tournament.

Yeah, George was, in fact, a legit technical guy. People just never realized it because of his over the top gimmick.

Nash would win this, he'd have the back up of the nWo at ringside and if Big Sexy was ever in peril, you could be damn sure that either Hogan, Hall or Waltman would be on hand to help him out.

George is certainly ground-breaking, his gimmick was so over the top and unique at the time, and he's definitely a crucial part of wrestling's success in the early days...but could he withstand a Jack Knife Powerbomb from Nash, the man who held the WWF title for a whole year? I don't think so. There'd be undoubted nWo interference in this with the ref's back turned but it would end up with a Powerbomb and the 3 count for Big Sexy.

[YOUTUBE]is6l-MAj_vI[/YOUTUBE]

Nash couldn't Jackknife George. He'd tear his quad mid move, allowing George to capitalize and take him out. George was a talented wrestler who knew how to hook. The only wrestler who botches worse than Nash is Sabu. George was intelligent; Nash couldn't tell the difference between an adjective and a verb. When Nash was champion a mere fingerpoke was all that was required to beat him. I'm sure George could manage to do that.

The truth was Nash was terrible and never drew a dime as a major star, while George was one of the most popular and influential pro wrestlers of all time.

Vote George.

Nash was at a local show a couple months back in a non wrestling role and when he tried to Jackknife a guy, he required the assistance of both Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards to get the guy up. It was a pretty sad sight.

I don't regret voting Nash as I still feel he would win the match, but man was that not something I expected to see. Makes me wonder if he could jackknife a dead guy.

Nash would win this, he'd have the back up of the nWo at ringside and if Big Sexy was ever in peril, you could be damn sure that either Hogan, Hall or Waltman would be on hand to help him out.

To hell with this. George would counter with his new stable of Adrian Street, Adrian Adonis & Johnny B. Badd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back