WWE Region, Fourth Round, Hell in a Cell: (4) Kurt Angle vs. (8) Mitsuharu Misawa

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Kurt Angle

• Mitsuharu Misawa

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the WWE Region. It is a Hell in a Cell match, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.

640x-1.jpg

Rules: The match is held inside the Hell in a Cell cage. Anything goes and the match can only be won by pinfall or submission.

Snapshot_1_%283-27-2013_12-29_PM%29.png

#4. Kurt Angle

Vs.

04.jpg

#8. Mitsuharu Misawa

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Kurt Angle should take this one, he won the only 6-man Hell in a Cell match featuring the four biggest stars of the Attitude Era and Rikishi. Kurt Angle can also hold up his own in a ring with any technical wrestler on the planet. Kurt Angle should go over here.

If there was a time and a place for a WWE champion to lose to a foreign star, MSG with a guy like Kurt Angle would be it. Historically, foreigners have won big there, and equally Angle is the sort of wrestler who could take a loss like that without it really harming their overall persona. With that in mind, I could perhaps be convinced to vote for Misawa.

As it stands though, Angle has experience - and successful experience at that - in this type of match, and as such I think that he's the most likely winner. Right now, I'm going to click on Angle. Misawa's fans have until I'm hungover on Saturday morning going through these threads to convince me otherwise.

Mistuharu Misawa was one of the most popular stars of the 1990's. Anywhere. Kurt Angle played second fiddle to many guys for a long time. Then he left the largest promotion in the USA for a much smaller one. Misawa left the highly successful All Japan, founded his own promotion, which did better business than his former employees for years. We know Misawa's star power = money and business growth. Kurt Angle's did not.

Do I have to get out the list of all the Meltzer 5 star classics? How many 5 star classics does Angle have?

Kurt Angle is not a bigger star than Misawa, he was not a better performer than Misawa, he may have been a better pure wrestler but he wasn't a better pro wrestler. Don't let the location sway you. Misawa should win. Easily.

Kurt is undefeated in Hell in a Cell. Misawa died in a regular match taking a suplex. Kurt takes this by giving Misawa so many suplexes he dies again. Suck it Ech.

A match that had 5 other guys in it. Seriously how hard was it for Angle to simply pick up the pieces, which he did in that match?

Misawa survived this...

[youtube]sBdrA1ht8Uw[/youtube]

What could Angle possibly do to keep him down. Angle better watch it or else he'd get his neck broken again.

Vote Misawa bitches.

5 Star Dave probably has wet dreams to the thought of this match on a weekly basis.

Kurt's body of work in WWE is going to be a lot more well known by a fair portion of the voters here over Misawa's matches. This is unfortunate because Misawa is the man. I love Kurt, but his HIAC win was 39 minutes of him getting his ass kicked, and 5 seconds of finisher fests that Kurt barely (and it really wasn't even a cover) pinned a man who happened to be slightly more dead than he was at the time.

1-1 Kurt can't take advantage of Taker murdering Rikishi, Austin killing Rock and HHH and Himself. He's gonna have to do it himself, and I don't think he has it for this match.

Misawa was the best wrestler on the planet at one stage, he died in the ring after he internally severed his own spine as a result of all of the head bumps he took including the Ganzo Bomb and at least 3 of the 7 Burning Hammers that have been given.

Misawa is the pinnacle of what a Wrestler that performed the Kings High Road method of Wrestling, this is what southern wrestling evolved in Japan from Jumbo Tsuruta bringing it back. But this is the style where superfinishers were common, and they were often blows to the head and neck, Kurt Angle did wrestle with a Broken Freaking Neck, but I don't think he could deal with the number of neck based attacks that will be coming his way from Misawa.

Hell in a Cell just means that Kurt Angle is locked in with Misawa. Misawa in his prime was amazing. The list of wrestlers that Misawa has put away is legendary, Kawada, Kenta Kobashi, Akira Taue, Kojima, Tsuruta. That is just the list off the top of my head.

Misawa is that damned good. He invented techniques that have been added to the Wrestling Lexicon, Kurt Angle whilst good hasn't done that at all.

Japanese people are afraid of Godzilla. Kurt Angle is smart enough to know that is just a guy in a rubber suit.

Plus he owns a house in Suplex City & Misawa died the last time he went for a visit.

Vote Angle.

Hmm Angle, hmm Misawa...hmmm

I have to be honest this is the most uninteresting matchup for me. Im on the fence for now.

Angle's Hell in a Cell experience doesn't really make much difference here. Simply because Misawa is such a legitimate badass.

Not to take anything away from Angle. He won the gold medal with a broken freakin' neck, and so on. But Misawa comes from a generation of Japanese wrestlers that got dropped on their head regularly. They were stiff and powerful and, as the indie fans would say, used the "strong style."

On top of that, Misawa was just the bigger star, the more influential star, and the better star. So Misawa gets my vote.

Angle's Hell in a Cell experience doesn't really make much difference here. Simply because Misawa is such a legitimate badass.

Not to take anything away from Angle. He won the gold medal with a broken freakin' neck, and so on. But Misawa comes from a generation of Japanese wrestlers that got dropped on their head regularly. They were stiff and powerful and, as the indie fans would say, used the "strong style."

On top of that, Misawa was just the bigger star, the more influential star, and the better star. So Misawa gets my vote.

Not only that but Misawa had a strong background in freestyle and grappling. He wasn't as good as Angle, but skilled enough and conditioned enough not to be taken to school like a clown if Angle decided he just wanted to wrestle instead of having a bloodbath.

How on EARTH is this tied?

Dudes.

Misawa is an all time legend.

Angle has been a broken down addict in a third rate shitty wrestling company for longer than he was ever a strong contributor to the WWE

Don't be fucking stupid

Not tied anymore

I get one vote that I give no reason for except for shitz & giggles or favoritism.

YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK! YOOOOOU SUCK! YOU SUCK!

People voting for Angle over Misawa is part of the reason why it is annoying, there has been no real argument put forward for Angle. Misawa is a legend and during Angle's peak time in Wrestling, Misawa was the better pro wrestler. He made NOAH into the second largest if not the largest Pro Wrestling Company in Japan during the early to mid 2000s. Angle didn't. Misawa held the GHC Heavyweight Championship three times for a combined 710 days. He held the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship 5 times for a combined total of 1799 days. So he held the top title in two different promotions for a combined 8 reigns with a combined total of 2509 days.

His first title win was against Stan Hansen. He has a total of 26 5 star matches, whilst yes that is only the opinion of One Man, it is still more than any other wrestler has ever done. He wrestled an American style that people don't realise is American. He is a legitimate Badass that should win this match up.

Kurt Angle in his prime was not that damned good, oh its true its true. Simple don't vote based on jingoistic dumbass and look into the wrestler you don't know

People voting for Angle over Misawa is part of the reason why it is annoying, there has been no real argument put forward for Angle. Misawa is a legend and during Angle's peak time in Wrestling, Misawa was the better pro wrestler. He made NOAH into the second largest if not the largest Pro Wrestling Company in Japan during the early to mid 2000s. Angle didn't. Misawa held the GHC Heavyweight Championship three times for a combined 710 days. He held the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship 5 times for a combined total of 1799 days. So he held the top title in two different promotions for a combined 8 reigns with a combined total of 2509 days.

His first title win was against Stan Hansen. He has a total of 26 5 star matches, whilst yes that is only the opinion of One Man, it is still more than any other wrestler has ever done. He wrestled an American style that people don't realise is American. He is a legitimate Badass that should win this match up.

Kurt Angle in his prime was not that damned good, oh its true its true. Simple don't vote based on jingoistic dumbass and look into the wrestler you don't know

Kurt Angle made a name for himself during a time when Steve Austin and The Rock were both active that shows how great Angle truly is. A rookie with no pro wrestling experience became a main-eventer in a less than a year, that is how fast Angle adapted to pro-wrestling and I'm sure he'll have no issue wrestling any type of style with any type of wrestler. Kurt Angle has beaten the best technical wrestlers and made top stars tap out including Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, etc..

Kurt Angle is more than capable of winning this match and in a stipulation where Misawa has no experience as well as the match taking place in New York, Angle is more than likely to come out on top with a submission victory.

Vote: Angle

Kurt Angle made a name for himself during a time when Steve Austin and The Rock were both active that shows how great Angle truly is. A rookie with no pro wrestling experience became a main-eventer in a less than a year, that is how fast Angle adapted to pro-wrestling and I'm sure he'll have no issue wrestling any type of style with any type of wrestler. Kurt Angle has beaten the best technical wrestlers and made top stars tap out including Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, etc..

Shadowmancer already listed the numerous legends and top guys Misawa has defeated so I don't need to list them. Kurt was a main-eventer for a three month period and having stupid comedy segments while Austin was champion.

Kurt Angle is more than capable of winning this match and in a stipulation where Misawa has no experience as well as the match taking place in New York, Angle is more than likely to come out on top with a submission victory.

First New York experience Angle has was getting his ass choked out by Taz and I tend to find the stupidest arguments relating to a gimmick match always happens when it is Hell in a Cell. I remember people saying a few years ago that Benoit would have trouble in it because he doesn't know what he was getting himself into. Hello. It is just a cage with a roof over it. I'm pretty sure Misawa wouldn't stand around for minutes just being in awe of it. He would be busy kicking Angle's ass. People would have a better argument if it was guys like HHH or Undertaker who have had numerous singles HIAC matches. Angle is not of those guys and I don't see how one match with five other competitors justifies him winning.

Kurt Angle wrestled for the gold medal with a broken freaking neck. Misawa died from a suplex. The answer is obviously Kurt Angle.

Kurt Angle wrestled for the gold medal with a broken freaking neck. Misawa died from a suplex. The answer is obviously Kurt Angle.

Kurt Angles neck was overplayed for dramatic effect, Misawa internally severed his own spinal cord as a result of the thousands upon thousands of shoulder/neck/head bumps that he took. 99.999% of those he got up from. It was a freak accident that caused it. Ignore that factor when considering this match. Look at the people involved. Misawa was who a company was built around, Angle was just there. Angle as the main figure has not resulted in anything noteworthy in TNA, it has declined under his watch. I mentioned the number of Reigns and the length. In the interest of fairness Kurt Angle has held 12 world titles for a combined total of 1149 days and counting just due to being the current TNA champ. This averages out to being around 95 days a reign. As opposed to Misawa who on average held each title he won for around 314 days. Seems that Kurt doesn't hold titles that long.

Kurt Angles neck was overplayed for dramatic effect, Misawa internally severed his own spinal cord as a result of the thousands upon thousands of shoulder/neck/head bumps that he took. 99.999% of those he got up from. It was a freak accident that caused it. Ignore that factor when considering this match. Look at the people involved. Misawa was who a company was built around, Angle was just there. Angle as the main figure has not resulted in anything noteworthy in TNA, it has declined under his watch. I mentioned the number of Reigns and the length. In the interest of fairness Kurt Angle has held 12 world titles for a combined total of 1149 days and counting just due to being the current TNA champ. This averages out to being around 95 days a reign. As opposed to Misawa who on average held each title he won for around 314 days. Seems that Kurt doesn't hold titles that long.

Yeah but what you seem to be unable to recognize is that Misawa was so basic he died from a suplex. How many times has died from a suplex died, huh? exactly. Zero.

Checkmate.

Yeah but what you seem to be unable to recognize is that Misawa was so basic he died from a suplex. How many times has died from a suplex died, huh? exactly. Zero.

Checkmate.

Freak Accidents happen. Doesn't make anyone basic, it actually shows just how dangerous things can be in the ring. So you are essentially laughing at the entire industry of professional wrestling by saying someone dying by a suplex makes them basic.

Freak Accidents happen. Doesn't make anyone basic, it actually shows just how dangerous things can be in the ring. So you are essentially laughing at the entire industry of professional wrestling by saying someone dying by a suplex makes them basic.

So you do agree that Misawa is more prone to dying by suplexes than the average wrestler? Shame he's facing a guy who likes to suplex.

Kurt Angle wins.

You are really really reaching when you're using "Angle would kill Misawa with a suplex therefore he would win" argument. This isn't UFC here and last I checked you don't win a match by killing your opponent, the match just stops and gets thrown out.

Nonetheless Misawa really should be winning this one. The guy has drawn more money than Angle, has had more 5 star matches than anyone and has had a much bigger impact on the industry than Angle. Misawa was a perennial top star, so much that an entire roster followed him when he started Pro Wrestling NOAH, in other words Angle wouldn't stand a chance in this one regardless of the match location.

Kurts a great wrestler but he's not even in Misawas league.

Are people actually arguing that Angle wins because Misawa died after taking a suplex? I don't know much about Misawa, hence I haven't voted yet, but that's a ridiculous argument. Some boxers such as Jimmy Doyle have died taking punches. Does that mean hypothetically in a boxing match, I would beat Jimmy Doyle because I can throw a punch and he was killed after taking a few?

Accidents happen sometimes, I mean look at the recent horrific event where a wrestler died as a result of a kick. I'm sure Misawa had taken a suplex many times before the one which led to his death, neither which had killed him.

If either man wins, it's because they're the better professional wrestler (taking the stipulation into account) and he'll simply outclass his opponent, not because one of them died after taking a suplex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back