WWE Region, Lexington Region, First Round: (3) John Cena vs. (30) Carlos Colon

Who Wins This Match?

• John Cena

• Carlos Colon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rupp Arena, Lexington.

An-extravagant-start-for-Kentucky-hoops-QHFOPA5-x-large.jpg

JohnCena_display_image.jpg

#3. John Cena

Vs.

07.jpg

#30. Carlos Colon

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Cena will win.
He is way more popular.
He is fairly solid in the ring.
Plus, Cena isn't slowing down.

I have heard many things about Carlos, but I have never watched his matches. This being said, my vote is Cena.

Cena clearly wins in this match

Cena has the power, speed, and fan power.. though I never watched carlos colon wrestle as he was before my time, Cena seems to have a much more prestigious record when it comes to high profile matches on the bigger stages.

Cena wins this one, it's his kind of match. A fair fight: one on one.

Now, if this were any kind of gimmick match, Colon might have a better chance of going over, but Cena is the champ. This is all the Dr.'s.

This is an easy pick for me and it goes to the Cenation leader (holy , why couldn't they leave it as the Chain Gang?), but anyway the reason I chose Cena is because he is the Hogan of today, and how many times did you see Hogan lose in his prime ? Sure you've seen him lose, but not as much as somebody like Ted Dibiase. Same goes with Cena, you've seen him lose, but not as much as somebody like Kofi Kingston. So my vote goes to Cena

John Cena wins this one by a long shot. Not to take away from calon but cena is just in another league. Win with the stfu.

I'll go with Cena, though I have seen a couple of Colon's matches. He's not bad for the style of wrestling at the time of the matches I saw (face it, early 90's and prior had some very slow wrestling matches that was mostly rest holds.)

Colon is going to take exception to Cena's 5 Moves of Doom and put an old school beating on him and get disqualified, thus allowing Cena to compete with tape around his midsection for the rest of the tournament.

I'm tempted to vote for Colon just to even out the blind votes against him, but I won't. Colon is one of those relics from a bygone era who dominated in a region, but who never truly stretched his legs nationally. Cena is driving the juggernaught that is dominating the whole business right now, whereas Colon was never able to do so outside of Puerto Rico. This match isn't there, so Cena should win

Gotta go with Cena. Colon's finisher is the Figure 4 and Cena doesn't tap. Therefore, Carlos has nothing in his arsenal to keep Mr. Rise Above Hate down.

Finish: in a bloody brawl. Cena reverses the Figure 4, hits his 5 Moves of Doom, & gives Colon an Attitude Adjustment.

Seeing that Carlito can "beat" Cena, it only makes sense that his much more talented father could.
Colon > Cena

Carlos Colon ruled Puerto Rico in the 80s and 90s. But Cena rules the world, and has done so since 2005.

There's not much else that I can say. John Cena wins this because he's John Cena: one of the most successful professional wrestlers of all time. As this thread proves, you'd struggle to find someone outside of Puerto Rico who knows who Colon is. Whether that's a shame, or whatever, isn't for me to say. All I know is that it's the reason Cena goes through to the second round.

If this match was in Puerto Rico, Carlos may have stood a chance considering Cena's losses in the home turf of his opponents like RVD and Punk( though he won against Edge). Still, this is the WWE region, one in which Wiki states that Carlos felt homesick. Cena would maul him and then like the nice guy that he is, arrange for a flight back to Puerto Rico.

Jesus Christ.

The dude took beatings from Abdullah the Butcher, a man who was made to look as batshit crazy as can be in a wrestling ring. For twenty years. Why the hell else do you think his forehead is all mushed up if not for the sheer amount of blading he's done?

He's beaten Ric Flair, he's created promotions, he's sold out the Roberto Clemente (not that easy if you're not the WWE. Back then, the promotions just stuck to regional shows or hung around the towns and still wrestled up until 2008.

Expect a lot of blood and a lot of cartwheels, but Cena wins this one and has to check himself for Hepatitis after.

cena gets the win in a rather decisive match, colon from what I have been led to believe was pretty good, but ther is no way he could have ever been the biggest player in the biggest company

cena gets the win in a rather decisive match, colon from what I have been led to believe was pretty good, but ther is no way he could have ever been the biggest player in the biggest company

He could have, but at the time, he was mainly stuck to the Eastern Seaboard. He just worked Canada and New York and never traveled south where the money was, in my opinion. It was that and as his real strength was in promoting. He just traveled back to the island and founded Capitol Sports. He just started bringing guys from NWA to get some star power and took it from there (the Flair match that he won but was never taped, as the urban legends say).

Seeing that Carlito can "beat" Cena, it only makes sense that his much more talented father could.
Colon > Cena

This isn't really fair is it though? Cena was not at his peak when he lost to Carlito. Also Carlito lost the US title back to Carlito later.

As far as the Colon vs. Cena debate, while I can't speak to their abilities I can say this. Colon was a regional star. That's nothing to be ashamed of, but Cena is the biggest star in wrestling today.

Sorry Carlos, but Cena is the King of the Wrestling world. As has been said previously, you may have stood a chance was this match in Puerto Rico, but it isn't. It's in Lexington. This will be one of those usual Cena matches where the guy beats him down for 10 minutes, but then Cena picks up business, takes the moves of doom out to use and hits the AA/STF to win it.

JS votes John Cena

If this is about who would win in a wrestling match..Colon is your winner. If its based on popularity then Cena. Colon in his day beat Ric Flair for the title and anyone who fueds with Abdualh the Butcher is tuff.

The John Cena match opens, and here come the newbies with one sentence...Sheesh...

Anywho...I am voting for Cena as well. Tasty summed up Colon perfectly. He was great in his region, but didn't do half of what Cena has done. Cena would overpower him (he can't outwrestle him), and would move on to the next round fairly easily.

If this is about who would win in a wrestling match..Colon is your winner. If its based on popularity then Cena. Colon in his day beat Ric Flair for the title and anyone who fueds with Abdualh the Butcher is tuff.

Colon's "win" was never recognized by the NWA. The match was in Puerto Rico, during a house show, just to give the Puerto Rican fans something to talk about. It was never a legit title win, just like the Rockers were never officially WWF Tag Team champions.

Colon's "win" was never recognized by the NWA. The match was in Puerto Rico, during a house show, just to give the Puerto Rican fans something to talk about. It was never a legit title win, just like the Rockers were never officially WWF Tag Team champions.

Actually, it was to establish Capitol Wrestling's title. Back then, there wasn't a television deal like it is now with WWC and IWA in the island. Colón (notice the accent there in the second o) had established the promotion but wanted to give credibility to it, so he brought in Flair and had a match with him. The whole event was basically a plan to get the Main title in Capitol some prestige. Back then, there was nothing better than beating the man, who was the NWA champion. Since Flair was the man, it would have happened and Colón would the champion, which generates some prestige to the Heavyweight Championship in Capital. TO this day, the title's still around the island as the WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship since that's what the feud was about (our bookers have shitty storylines but the match layouts are slick Don't ask me why).

Kayfabe wise, this translates as Colón beating Flair, who's known as the Dirtiest Player in the game. This can either make or break you, depending on what happened in the match. if, say, the titles were on the line in the Flair/Colón match, Flair would have pulled every trick in the book he knows. Since Colón beat him at the time, it means that he's pretty much similar to Cena, in a sense.

Cena vs. Colón would go the same route, but Cena would prevail after eating a Figure Four leglock (maybe from the turnbuckle post, since those happened every weekend in a Colón match), headbutts (Colón's headbutts used put over as "brutal"), elbow drops to the leg in order to work it and make sure Cena doesn't do an AA (this happened EVERY match Colón worked), Colón was from the era when a match in Puerto Rico would last 20 minutes, minimum (the televised shows would last like 3 hours or some shit like that. Still do, I bet)

Colón being homesick doesn't translate to anything when it comes to kayfabe since one doesn't go "Oh look, I'm homesick I miss my home omgz my son has a goatee" in the middle of the damn ring.

Cena would win this one after being taken to selling school, taught by Carlos Colón and his crazy cartwheels (this was the equivalent of hulking up; it made the crowd go batshit crazy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back