WWE Region, Lexington Region, First Round: (14) Rikidozan vs. (19) Goldust

Who Wins This Match?

• Rikidozan

• Goldust

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rupp Arena, Lexington.

An-extravagant-start-for-Kentucky-hoops-QHFOPA5-x-large.jpg

01.jpg

#14. Rikidozan

Vs.

url

#19. Goldust

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I can see Rikidozan winning, only because Golddust would probably try to get a little lovey-dovey with him, and Rikidozan would probably get pissed, beat him down and pin him 1-2-3.

Rikidozan would win even though as bizare as goldust is he can wrestle pretty good but not good enough to beat RIKIDOZAN.

How in the BLUE HELL is Rikidozan a 14 seed?!?!?! Goldustin is an underrated performer and a solid hand in the ring, but Rikidozan is very arguably the GOAT in all of professional wrestling. Riki's tough man style carries the day and takes him to an easy victory over the underrated but thoroughly overmatched Man Formerly Known as Seven.

Rikidozan. Not only is he the Father of Puroresu, but he's associated with Antonio Inoki and Giant Baba. Equal legends in their own right, but Goldust? While I like the guy, he's an underachiever who's little brother and father overshadow any accomplishments the guy had.

I'll go with Goldust. Riki Dozan would not be able to handle all the colors of modern wrestling. Goldust would easily blind him with his ring attire and then take advantage of whatever racist gimmick WWE had given that dude. Goldust is talent enough at trading holds to stay alive to take advantage of this guy having no clue what to do in a sports entertainment setting. Shattered dreams while some bimbo distracts the ref with her tits for the win. Once he can't be the father of something anymore then there is no compelling reason to vote for him.

With Lord Tensai beating John Cena on Raw, we can see that wrestlers big in another country can be a big deal in the WWE. That was essentially the last straw for Goldust, who really doesn't have any arguments in favour of him anymore. Rikidozan essentially popularised wrestling to an entire nation, and his television ratings record is an astonishing 87.0. That's unbelievable, by any standards and is similar to the ratings the Moon Landing got in the USA. That level of popularity is unprecedented, and while I think Goldust is an excellent wrestler, he's up against the creme de la creme here.

I'm going to remove the name "Goldust< and think of him as "Dustin Rhodes". That's how it was on my submission, and that's how I'd prefer it. Goldust was a freak, and shined over Rhodes's natural talent. Wrestling under his real name, in NWA/WCW, he was great. He headlined shows with matches against Muta, Sting, Luger, Flair...Some of the biggest ever in the company.

While he's a great wrestler, albeit a bit boring, he's still no Rikidozan. Rikidozan would make Rhodes look great, and then put him away with relative ease. This would've been great to watch 20-25 years ago.

I'm really surprised that Goldust got this high of a seed. He's a career midcard guy that got his start because his dad was a legend. Rikidozan is the reason that wrestling is a big deal in Japan. So in other words, it's a guy that dressed like a trophy vs. a guy that started a national sport. This one isn't really that hard.

HOW IS RIKIDOZAN LOSING THIS MATCH UP?!?!?!? This is unreal. There is a strong, strong case that Rikidozan is the GOAT in all of wrestling history. This is an abortion of a result if it goes down. Wrestlers operate on different tiers of importance, and there are like 10 tiers separating Rikidozan and Goldust.

Two things, Rikidozan is not a well-known name and he's going against a guy that was commonly rumoured to have an IC title match at WM against his brother. Second, Goldust is a sentimental favourite for those who want the Attitude Era to return.

There is no way Goldust could have ever beat Rikidozan. I'm not as familiar with Riki, but the little I do know is that he wouldn't have had a problem with Goldust. The only way he loses is by disobeying a ref stoppage and earning a DQ loss, but that's probably not going to happen.

Rikidozan by beatdown.

I'm going to be very brief. Rikidozan has a victory over Lou Thesz. I could list more reasons why he should win this match but is it really necessary to go on with a long post when you have a legend vs. a career midcarder?

Here is the problem with these founding father type guys. Yes they deserve some credit but let us take a reality check. The best running back from the early era of professional football would be the much worse than an average running back in the NFL today. This guys finishing move is a chop. I am going to let that sink in for a little bit then tell you something else everyone is conveniently leaving out. This match is in Lexington KY and this guys legendary status was earned through anti-US sentiment after WWII. You can put him over the American Dream's son in the heartland if you want but it isn't worth finding out what kind of fires they set when they aren't happy. It isn't like Rhodes is a slouch at technical wrestling as it is.

Here is the problem with these founding father type guys. Yes they deserve some credit but let us take a reality check. The best running back from the early era of professional football would be the much worse than an average running back in the NFL today. This guys finishing move is a chop. I am going to let that sink in for a little bit then tell you something else everyone is conveniently leaving out. This match is in Lexington KY and this guys legendary status was earned through anti-US sentiment after WWII. You can put him over the American Dream's son in the heartland if you want but it isn't worth finding out what kind of fires they set when they aren't happy. It isn't like Rhodes is a slouch at technical wrestling as it is.

Very good point and something I will consider going forward. The problem here is the opponent is Goldust. I like Goldust as much as the next guy. He's had a nice career but he's not the type I see going over one of the founding fater type guys. Sting over Ed Lewis is a better example. I think Goldust gets an early exit here.

I agree with Brain. Rikidozan is a pioneer and a legend in Japan. There's no way he should lose to a mid-card talent like Goldust just because of the latter's shock value. The people that go over the territorial competitors should be people with serious resumes. This may come down to a tie, so I'm putting my post vote for Rikidozan.

I think that Gold Dust will get alot of votes because others won't know who Rikidozan is. Hell I didn't know who he was until I did my research and watched some youtube vids.. But from all accounts he was a true legend in the business.

Rikidozan.

Rikidozan only has one vote over Goldust.... Goldust.

I'm beginning to not only question the legitimacy of this tournament but question some of the people who got this far in the forums. You're lost. Get out now and don't vote ever again in this tournament you fucking ******s (unless you're voting for CM Punk, yeah, that's right, the guy with the tattoos who did that promo), honestly, this is beyond a joke. Goldust was a jobber who was funny at first, he's not even fucking recognized as Dustin Rhodes in this tournament. Rikidozan is the greatest Japanese wrestler ever and Japan has it's fair share of amazing wrestlers. Not only that but he's one of the greatest wrestlers ever, of-all time, all over the world, however the fuck you want to put it. One of the biggest draws in history goes over some guy that's only gotten clear recognition from pretending to be a perve.

RIKIDOZAN WINS.... DUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I can't believe this is so close. Rikidozan would beat the shit out of Goldust. I don't really feel any explanation is owed here. Goldust is an IWC favorite, but thats it. Hes a glorifed jobber who hates his own gimmick(Yeah the gimmick that got him over to begin with) Hes won worst gimmick not once not twice but three fucking times and hes going up against a legit legend. And if you don't know who Rikidozan is then don't vote or just ask Gelgarin I'm sure he would love to educate you.

Rikidozan destroys Goldust and incites a good ol fashion southern riot in the process.

I'd say there is next to no evidence that Rikidozan could or would beat the shit out of Goldust based on what little I saw of his offensive moveset. I don't have a problem with people voting him on based on his accomplishments though. Unlike some of these other supposed legends at least he does have enough merit to his accomplishments to justify the status although I can't help but suspect his legend is embellished by an early demise. I still think purely kayfabe within a match Goldust would beat him in Lexington.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back