WWE Region, Los Angeles Subregion, First Round: (4) El Santo vs. (29) Don Muraco

Who Wins This Match?

• El Santo

• Don Muraco

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, California

260px-StaplesCenter051209.jpg

santo-4.jpg

#4. El Santo

Vs.

17.jpg

#29. Don Muraco

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Personally, Don Muraco is one the most underrated performers in the history of the business. He was a very effective heel in the 80's and had one of the best feuds of the decade with Jimmy Snuka. El Santo was out done in terms of talent by El Hijo del Santo.

Muraco in an upset.

I loved Don Muraco. He was a great heel in the 80s in the pre years. He had a good IC run and enjoyable feuds with Jimmy Snuka, Tito Santana, and Ricky Steamboat among others. I've always felt he is underrated. With that said, he's up against a legend here. Muraco was good but was never the main man. El Santo was the main man for a long time. If there was a version of this tournament on a Mexican forum El Santo would likely be the winner of the whole thing.

El Santo is the greatest luchador of all-time. One of the best wrestlers, draws and characters ever too. Muraco is none of those things although a good wrestler, being good isn't enough to overcome The Saint.

El Santo should win this with ease. In Mexico or not.

To what extent does the WWE Region play as a factor in this matchup? I have no doubts that El Santo would be able to win and win big in Mexico, but this is a WWE ring and to me, that plays a huge factor in this (after all, look at the heated debate in the Austin / Sabu matchup).

Muraco by big upset, 22 minutes.

I absolutely love Don Muraco so its hard to go against him, unfortunately I have no choice but to go with El Santo in this match.

El Santo had an amazing career in Mexico, had a great character, was an amazing draw south of the border (USA not mine) and translated into great mainstream success as he starred in a shit load of Movies in Mexico. Where lucha libre is king El Santo was the man and was their version of Hulk Hogan.

Don Muraco was underrated, had a great heel run who constantly had crowds chanting "beach bum" at him and I loved his feuds with Tito Santana and Jimmy Snuka but you can't go against El Santo, you just can't.

The reputation held by El Santo is too much to vote against, a true legend and innovator in his native Mexico, he transcended wrestling and was a National Icon.

Santo wins.

This might be one of the biggest mismatches of the first round outside of Undertaker vs Vince. El Santo runs circles around Muraco, and that's just in in a luchador monster movie! The match is much worse. El Santo moves on easily, despite Muraco's Intercontinental credentials.

El Santo was out done in terms of talent by El Hijo del Santo.

El Hijo del Santo is very good technically, but he is nowhere near as charismatic or talented as his father. El Hijo would probably still beat Muraco though.

To what extent does the WWE Region play as a factor in this matchup? I have no doubts that El Santo would be able to win and win big in Mexico, but this is a WWE ring and to me,

There are more people of Hispanic origin, Santo's traditional fanbase, in Los Angeles than there are in the second biggest city in Mexico. There are more Spanish speakers than there are in Barcelona. I'm pretty sure that he'd do fine for fans here.

Look Muraco was alright and had a good feud with Jimmy Snuka, a popular high flying wrestler from abroad that was immensely popular with the audience. You can see where I'm going with that one, I think.

Santo is the most popular wrestler in his home country ever, without any doubt, he crossed into the mainstream, and even went to America and won matches in drum roll please, Los Angeles. Santo would win here, without question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back