WWE Region, Los Angeles Subregion, First Round: (5) Mick Foley vs. (28) Jerry Lynn

Who Wins This Match?

• Mick Foley

• Jerry Lynn

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Staples Center, Los Angeles, California

260px-StaplesCenter051209.jpg

4831062_f260.jpg

#5. Mick Foley

Vs.

24.jpg

#28. Jerry Lynn

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Mick Foley is twice Lynns size and has accomplished twice as much. His pain threshold and willingness to do anything shouldn't even make this one close.

Foley all the way.

Foley reminds me a bit of Jericho. Not in style but in reputation. He's had a great career, puts on good performances, and is loved on the internet but he often loses. This time though he's got an easy draw. Sorry NSL but Jerry Lynn is going down and going down hard. He's had a very mediocre career and does not pose a threat to Foley at all.

The only thing that helps Lynn is that this is in the WWE Region, and so therefore it's more technical which is to his advantage. But that being said, Mick Foley is one wrestling's top draws of the modern era. From his gruesome matches with Funk in Japan to his battles with The Rock for the title, to his gimmick matches with Undertaker that were always superb, Mick Foley truly does not get the appreciation he deserves.

Mick Foley by Mr. Socko submission, 12 minutes.

Mick Foley has all the skills required to become a great wrestler even if he isnt built like a other guys. What ability does Jerry Lynn have other than looking 10 years older then he really is this is a clear cut match. Mrs Foley's baby boy by a country mile

Can't see this one going long. Foley is the easy pick, be surprised if this one isnt a landslide.

Foley is by far the more decorated and celebrated star.

Mick Foley and Jerry Lynn are guys cut from the same cloth. Both were ECW guys who went onto different promotions and found success outside of the Extreme. But while Lynn went on to the Indies and competed with guys decades younger than him, Foley went on and go into lengthy, and memorable feuds with the best the WWF/E could offer. Sucks for Lynn, but Foley is taking this match and moving on.

Foley wins after a 129 minute match in which Foley reverses his own finisher upon Lynn.

I have always been a big Jerry Lynn fan, I love his work and think he is terribly underrated by most. Very athletic, smooth and entertaining in the ring.

However, outside of ECW and the early days of TNA he didn't really accomplish very much of note and was used very poorly in the WWE. Why the hell was Lynn v RVD on Heat? That should have been an IC title match on PPV for sure.

On the other hand we have Mick Foley. A multi-time World Champion, a sure-fire Hall of Famer and a man that the fans would get behind in this reason. Foley has been thrown off Cells, been blown up, set on fire and still fought back. Jerry Lynn's offense would not be anything Foley couldn't handle.

Lynn would get in a decent amount of offense, as Foley always took a beating, but a Double Arm DDT would end this at about 15 minutes.

Winner: Mick Foley

The brawler vs. the high flyer. Lynn is someone that can wrestle circles around Mick Foley. Foley was never a great athlete or technical wrestler, he'll happily admit those things and has numerous times. Foley is someone that, because of his toughness, his personality & his passion, became a huge star in the WWE and will no doubt find himself in the Hall of Fame at some point.

Jerry Lynn is basically the ultimate indy wrestler. He's highly respected on the indy circuit and for his time in ECW. However, in the grand scheme of things, let's face it, he's a nobody compared to Foley. It'd hard to vote for someone that's never really done much of anything compared to his opponent.

Lynn would no doubt do a lot of damage to Foley. He'd make Foley look like a slow, awkward clutz but, at the end of the day, Foley's superior toughness would see him through. Foley wins this.

Lynn doesn't have anything in his arsenal to put Foley down. I see Foley as Mankind, putting Lynn in a Tree of Woe, catching a knee to the nose, followed by 2 fingers under Lynn's tongue. Ew...

Foley made a name for himself in WWE. I could not see Lynn beating him here, or in any other region. Foley is just bigger, badder, and a better wrestler than Lynn, and Foley's long line of championships and accomplishments show this. Foley wins in a decently short match, moving him on to the next round.

If this was a jump around and do flips contest, well, I still think Foley could win. Foley in a WWE ring with a guy who hasn't done anything of value outside of small promotions has no problem picking up the victory.

This is a squash...Brodus v. JTG-esque.

Innfluence / success : Not even remotely close. Foley has ME'd a Mania, and a multi time WWE champion. Foley.

Ability: Sure, Lynn does flips and shit, totally awesome, I know....Foley is one of the great bumpers and mic men of our time, and one of the most underrated of any time. Foley.

Kayfabe match: Lynn would be made to look fantastic, but he just isnt on the same level as Foley, and would likely fall prey to his madness.

Vote Foley

So, err, yeah. Not much to be said that hasn't been already. Foley is a multiple time world Champion, Lynn had some decent matches in ECW. I'm sure that, being the style he was, Foley would make Lynn look good here, but there fundamentally isn't much to be said in Lynn's favour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back