WZ Book This Tournament Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some calculations, and if we have a basic tournament of 12 people, there will be 4 rounds. We can try some of that stepping out of the comfort zone stuff for those that make it to the second round.

So it would be something like each round would have some sort of theme besides the Match Type? or did you guys have something else in mind?

We (me, you, and wotdoiput) will decide all the matches for each round. Their really isn't a certain theme, we can decide to have the competitors write any type of match found in wrestling today. We don't have to limited ourself to the WWE and TNA.

You know that mtke's me even more hyped to do this, as it will be interesting to see how many people enter the tournement first off and to see how many will be willing to put in the nessecery work to reserach the match types they don't know much about to win the round, not sure many on this site have the drive to do that which may cause a lot of people to be put off by this tournement....well at least IMO.

I don't plan to get to crazy with the match stipulations, I figure keep the matches simple, like a triple threat, cage match, or a hardcore match for the first round, then go more advance for the second and third rounds. We can throw out stuff like inferno matches, last man standing, iron man matches, scaffolding matches, stretcher matches more complex matches.

Maybe for the final round we can put up a poll and have the community decide which match they like best and want to see the final 2 write.

I just thought of something, what do you guys think would be better

If we decide all the matches in advance for each bracket for each round, except for the last round match

Or the writers get to choose and submit their own matches, except fot the last match where the community will decide the match

Or if the contestants get to choose their own matches for some of the rounds, but we select a round where we (the judges) pick the matches for the brackets

personally I like the 3rd choice but what do you guys think?

I like the third choice as well Echelon, but maybe telling the guys there are certain matches that they are not allowed to use. But I also like the thought oof battling it out with the same match over all the rounds, but the 3rd option is a good one.

I also like the 3rd option, first round could be opponent's choice, 2nd Judge's choice, and last community choice, i'm sure one of these rounds would take you out of your "comfort zone" and allow you to become super creative which is what interests me the most about this thing, but then again maybe that is a little too "predictable" to be entertaining, what do you guys think?

the 3rd match would mean that everyone can subsmit whatever kind of match they want, except for the round where we dictate the matches.

I also like the 3rd option, first round could be opponent's choice, 2nd Judge's choice, and last community choice, i'm sure on of these rounds would take you out of your "comfort zone" and allow you to become super creative which is what interests me the most about this thing, but then again maybe that is a little too "predictable" to be entertaining, what do you guys think?

- showtyme27

well lets say for the second to last round we have four people and we want them all write a Hell in a cell match. We don't know what their going to write, only it's going to be a hell in a cell match.

Got ya! I like that, because it would defeat the point of the tournement to be able to write any style of match at anytime, I think the less compleciated we make this the more people will be drawn to it.

I think that people will probably want to go all out in the first round, thats why I think that round is so important. That round will show where everybody stands as a writer, and weed out the weak writers, the next round we could do a judges choice, then the next round and depending on how many people we end up actually having in the tournament, could be another contestants choice or a step outside your comfort zone match. The final match will be voted by the BT community.

Yeah I agree, i think if it comes down to people trying to outsmart each other on what type of match the use the meaning will be lost. To me it should be about the best writer of the matches. So starting on the same keel with the same stips is important, early on and towards the end of the tournament.

I'm excited, I'm already starting to think up some match senarios.

I trying to think what else we need, I think thats pretty much it, now we just have to wait for the list to fill up then we can start. I'll update the rule section.

If anybody as anything else, please share.

Sounds Great! we should stick to that format you just came up with Echelon. I totally agree 100% with both of you, but beyond that we have to make sure it's fun for everyone that compete's so the next tournement will gather even more interest which basicly mean's no one should blast a "Weaker" Writer's work but unstead try and help them improve much like the og rules for the BT! part of the forum that way we wouldn't discourage new bookers from taking another shot at the title.

I have volunteered to be in this after Echelon PM'd me. Now, i see why: after reading some of u guys shows, i'm anybody's easy pass into the second round! Go easy on me, LOL. Naa, seriously, i'll try my very very best, but still get blasted out of the water probably. Still, veen if i do go out, this tourney will make a very interesting read. Looking forward to it :)

I've sent out some more invitiations, hopefully they'll all respond so we can get this tournamnet underway.

Do you think that Lalakerz and Themostelectrifyingman would join, or are they both to busy/

you should set out a deadline and whoever joined by then will be in the tournament. whoever didn't join i guess are not in and if they ask to join you have to tell them u must fine another person if you want to join or wtvr...you still have a decent amount of people playing so you just might as well start already but idk your the boss

you should set out a deadline and whoever joined by then will be in the tournament. whoever didn't join i guess are not in and if they ask to join you have to tell them u must fine another person if you want to join or wtvr...you still have a decent amount of people playing so you just might as well start already but idk your the boss

Right now we have 7 people, we need an even number, Id like a a big number like 16 to 20 people to join , but i'd settle for 10 to 12 people. I need at least that amount for the tournamnet to run smoothly.

once we have 10 to 12 people sign up then i'll set up a deadline

iight no problem umm i think Y2Jake said that he will invade so i am guessing he wants to join, that means 8 (even number) but i see ur point on having a lot of ppl bc then it would be more cool and yea lol iight so lemme know what ur gonna do

I think this tournament should be fun. The first round will be a contestants choice match, anything goes, you can choose any type of match or senario to write about or can create a match of your own. You can punish your superstars and send them through hell, I expect some real creative quality shit for the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back