Your 5 favourite Kurt Angle matches?

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
If Kurt Angle was to bring out a WWE DVD, which 5 matches MUST be on this DVD and why?

For what it is worth, WWE will do something with Kurt to highlight his time in WWE. As soon as he retires or leaves TNA. I cant wait.

The 5 I would want are:

2000 Armegeddon vs Rock, Austin, Taker, Triple H, Rikishi
Not alot of wrestling in this, its a mass brawl between 5 of the best EVER. 6 men in a HIAC, who wouldnt wanna watch this. Plus Kurt picks up the win! A nice point of difference from my other 4 picks.

2001 Unforgiven vs Stone Cold
Kurt in his hometown vs Alliance leader Austin. Kurt wins the gold. Great match.

2003 Royal Rumble vs Chris Benoit
"Wrestling" at its finest. 2 of the best "wrestlers" ever to grace the squared circle. So many near pin falls. These 2 just clicked in the ring.

2003 Smackdown vs Brock Lesnar
Most people prefer the WM19 Match, I dont. I loved this Iron Man Match and think it was very under rated. WM19 match is readily available everywhere, not sure this match has been released on a DVD?

2005 Wrestlemania 21 vs Shawn Michaels
Pure old skool wrestling here. Mr Wrestlemania and The Wrestling machine. I think this was better than the Vengeance match and the Iron Man Match.

I do agree with some of those matches. my Top 5 would have to be....(from number 5 to number 1)

5. Summerslam 2001-Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold: The build up to this match was just awesome.

4. Summerslam 2000-Kurt Angle vs Triple H: I really liked this match for multiple reasons. It had 2 of the best superstars of the time, the feud was intense, and it had Stephanie McMahon in it. I remember after a Smackdown match when Kurt carried an unconscious Stephanie to the back and then kissed her. I remember saying, "OH Kurt, you in trouble now."

3. Armageddon 2000-Kurt Angle vs The Rock vs Stone Cold vs The Undertaker vs Triple H vs Rikishi. I really liked the promo for this match. The look on Kurts face when he found out he was facing 5 other guys in a Hell in a Cell, was just priceless. It was a great match with TONS of excitement.

2. Wrestlemania 19-Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar: This match was just really exciting. It had everything, finisher reversals, submissions, and even high flying moves. I believe this was the match where Brock did that Shooting Star Press that almost broke his neck. I just remember watching that and flinching when it happened. Great match in general.

1. King of the Ring 2000-Kurt Angle vs Shane McMahon (Street Fight)- This match had me on the edge of my seat. I was 12 at the time and this match was the most hardcore match I had seen. I didn't really watch wrestling that much back in the day. Kurt had thrown Shane into the glass two or three times before it actually broke. This match was just completely INSANE and fricking AWESOME at the same time.

So that's my top 5 Kurt Angle matches. If you want to comment on it, go right ahead. However, if you disagree with some of it, please don't be a complete asshole about it. Thank you very much.

My 5 Facourate Kurt Angle Matches are:

Kurt Angle vs Edge Hair vs Hair Match Judgement Day 2002 - This match was awesome. I remember I was cheering my ass off for Edge because I was Canadian lol. The match was pin after pin, back and forth, very nervousing. The match that Kurt Angle finally became bald.

Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit WWE Champion Match Royal Rumble 2003 - This is quite possibly his greatest match of all time. I remember watching it, at first cheering for Chris Benoit. But than, I watched how talented these guys were. I stopped cheering for one, but for both. They gave us a great match, one of the best matches in WWE history. I went nuts during the match because of how awesome of an exprience it was.

Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar (Any PPV Match) 2003 - This feud was great. Not only was the storyline intense, the matches were too. The SummerSlam match was less predictable I though than WrestleMania. But WrestleMania, they showed more historic moments, and some out of the earth moves.

Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guerrero WWE Champion WrestleMania 24 - Sure, it wasn`t his best match, but it was a very emotional one. The match was very unpredictable, and the two delivered everything they had. I was thrilled in the ending.

Kurt Angle vs HBK WM 21 - WOW, this match was so great. I pretty much say the same about this match as Angle vs Benoit. HBK and Kurt Angle are the men!

Kurt Angle`s historic moments were mostly in WWE, he had good matches in TNA, but not as great as WWE.

Honourable Mentions:
Armageddon HIAC 2000
Kurt Angle vs Stone Cold - Unforgiven 2001
Kurt Angle vs The Rock - Royal Rumble 2001
Triple Threat Match Y2J vs Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle WM 2000
Kurt Angle vs Mr. Anderson Steel Cage Lockdown 2010 - TNA

great choices so far. and there are certainly many to choose from. i'll try to pick some different ones, but it's hard to do because most of my favorites have already been listed.

in no particular order:

1. Angle vs. Undertaker; No Way Out for the WHC. these two put on an amazing show and the finish was perfect. i loved how Angle was able to reverse the submission into a pinning combination. great match by two of my all time favorites.

2. Angle vs. Lesnar; Smackdown in an Iron Man match. i prefer this one to the WM19, but both were great. the edge goes to this one though quite simply because it was longer and thus i got to see these two greats wrestle that much more.

3. Angle vs. Shane McMahaon; King of the Ring in a Street Fight. this was crazy. these guys put on a fantastic match and had some insane spots in it. props to Shane-o-mac for putting his body on the line.

4. Angle vs. HBK, Wrestlemania. a clinic from two of the best in-ring performers of all time. pretty good promo work and build up leading into it as well. this was a great feud for quite a while.

5. Angle vs. Benoit; Raw is War / Royal Rumble. fantastic matches, both of them. the match on Raw was a Cage Match and saw Angle miss a moonsault off the top of the cage. totally freaking insane. the Rumble match was just a clinic in wrestling with tons of near falls and submissions and reversals, etc. great match.

honorable mentions:
Angle vs. Cena; Smackdown in Cena's debut. it was just a great wrestling match that proved Cena can wrestle when he's called to do so.
Angle vs. Guerrero; any match. these two had a great feud and i loved the story telling thru and thru.
Angle vs. Austin; Summerslam. Austin won, but this was the best story telling that i had seen in a long time. great build up.
Angle vs. Mysterio; Summerslam. Angle did surprisingly well against a guy that was so different in styles. dunno why that surprised me since we are talking about Kurt freakin' Angle, but this match was great.

I agree with yours but one that I might consider switching in would be Kurts match with Taker at No Way Out (2006 I think..?). That match was terrific and so was the feud. The finish to the match was great by keeping Kurt champion but at the same time making Taker not look any less strong. Loved that match.

I have to agree with most of the choices of people before me but I have to give a special nod to the Kurt Angle vs Shane McMhaon match those guys work really hard and being an owner of that King of the Ring (if I remember correctly) dvd and seeing the commentary from these two really made the match even more special.

Has to be the Angle/Benoit match at the Royal Rumble. I remember Stiener and HHH being out before and took the crowd right out of it with possibly one of the worst championship matches at a PPV that i've seen. Kurt and Benoit then came out and brought the building completely back to life and had them all on their feet. By far one of the greatest matches I have ever seen

5.Kurt vs Shane KOTR- Wow. Shane really took an ass kicking in this one, but due to the fact that Kurt had already wrestled a match in the same night one could still believe that Shane could pull of a win. Those German suplexes on the stage were just brutal.

4.Kurt vs Brock Smackdown Iron Man Match- Two of the best wrestlers ever going at it with a very dramatic finish, what more could you ask for?

3.Kurt vs HBK Wrestlemania 21- Great build-up for a first time ever encounter between perhaps the greatest in ring performers the WWE has ever had. The match more than lived up to the hype.

2.Kurt vs Benoit- This match was incredible, the only reason it is not my number one match is because I never really believed Benoit was going to get the belt since it was pretty clear that the WWE was building a Angle vs Lesnar match for Wrestlemania 19.

1.Kurt vs Undertaker No Way Out- There is no reason this should not have been the World Title match for Wrestlemania 22. It was back in forth the entire match and the end was reminiscent of Piper vs Hart at Wrestlemania 8 with a counter to a submission that came out of nowhere. Kurt and Taker have never looked better. It's a shame that it led to a Taker vs Mark Henry match at Mania.

Kurt Angle had a lot of great matches,

My Number 1 favourite match was

#1 Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit 2003 Royal Rumble
This is 100 % mat wrestling, two gods one ring amazing, greatest wwe match of 2003.

#2 Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels 2005 Wrestlemania
Great wrestling it was only time that these two would square off, and come out with tremendous results.

#3 Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit vs. Edge & rey Mysterio 2002 No Mercy
Wrestling Observer's match of the year, this match was awesome non-stop actiuon mostly from Kurt Angle.

#4 Kurt Angle vs. Edge (Hair vs. Hair Match)
Great match both wrestlers amazing.

#5 Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit vs. Steve Austin & Triple H
The Perfect match, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit showed why they were the greatest tag team of the time going head to head with The Game and The Texas Rattle Snake. Very underrated and underappreciated match.

Agree with all your choices, just a thought Angle vs Micheals (i.e. Vengence, WM21 and The Iron Man Match) could be 3 out of the five spots for some xD.

LOL @ the Hair vs Hair Match that was epic I gotta admit, a pretty forgotten weirdly... You reminded me of it, I watched it again AWESOME MATCH xD.

5. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit vs Rey Mysterio and Edge @ No Mercy 2002: Id usually be chagrin to put a tag match on a top 5 list, but this was the best tag team match Ive ever seen. Ive never seen a tag match that was better built with so many believable nearfalls, momentum changes and false finishes. The ending sequence where Kurt had Edge in the ankle lock, and Edge reversed into the ankle lock himself, only to be reversed on himself, was brilliant and perfectly executed.

4. Angle vs Brock Lesnar @ Wrestlemania 19: This match, if there was any doubt, really cemented Angle as a wrestling machine, far before he was given the nickname. Two great mat wrestlers with amazing intensity and athletisism going at it full throttle. This barely edges out their IronMan Match on Smackdown, which was great as well. Angle improvising the finish after Lesnar botched the SSP was brilliant in itself.

3. Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit- Royal Rumble 2003: Probably the two most intense wrestlers of this generation saving a PPV from being a complete and utter disaster, in my opinion. Two former tag team partners and champions that hated each other the entire time countering each others submissions until Kurt finally grapevined Benoits leg after the 3rd try. Just simply amazing.

2.Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker No Way Out 2006: Another match with a great series of near-falls and counters by both men. Angle bumped like crazy for the larger Undertaker, and his refusal to quit at the end was phenomenal. The tombstone reversals were phenomenal, and the commentary of Cole and Tazz enhanced this match even more.

1. Kurt Angle vs HBK @ Wrestlemania 21. Whats there to say except for the two top performers of our generation going full throttle for 25 minutes? The build for this match was phenomenal, and they had to deliver something special based upon that build. And they went above and beyond my expectations. Hands down, my favorite Angle match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back