Your Top 5 WWE or World title Matches from the Smackdown Brand

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
As we all know The Smackdown has always been a very underrated show and this is just my opinion but I believe Smackdown was better then Raw between 2002 and 2004 (just my opinion) anyway what is your favourite 5 matches from the Smackdown Brand it can be on the smackdown show or even PPV mine are

5.Wrestlemania 23:World Title Batista vs Undertaker
the build up to this match was great will Batista end the streak will he retain both guys were super over during this period

4. Royal Rumble 2003: WWE title Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit
for me this is proberly one of the greatest pure Wrestling Match of the 2000's in the WWE

3. No Mercy 2008: WWE title Triple H vs Jeff Hardy
Great story telling through out the match was jeff hardy going to finally become the man

2. No Way Out 2006: World Title Kurt Angle vs Undertaker
just WOW should of main evented Wrestlemania 22

1.Smackdown 2003:WWE Title Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle
If it didn't have the Advert breaks it could of been one the the Best Iron Man MAtches

Great list. Here's some others that are just as awesome:

Brock Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero - World Heavyweight Championship - No Way Out 2004
WOW. ***** match. Emotional win for Eddie.

Edge vs Undertaker - World Heavyweight Championship - Wrestlemania 24 2008
One of my all time favorite Undertaker matches.

CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy - TLC World Heavyweight Championship - Summerslam 2009
Greatness from the Best in the World.

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels - World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match - No Mercy 2008
2 of the greatest performers ever in a ladder match.

Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker - Hell in a Cell World Heavyweight Championship - No Mercy 2002
Brutal, vicious, bloody match. Lesnar looked ultra dominant

5. John Cena vs. Edge-Backlash 2009 WHC Match (Last Man Standing)
A great chapter in the Cena vs. Edge feud.

4. Undertaker vs. Batista-Smackdown May 2007 WHC Match (Cage Match)
Though the show is most remembered for Edge's MITB cash-in, the actual cage match was a battle. It made for good television and by the end of the night Taker, Batista, Edge, and Mark Henry came out looking strong.

3. Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio-WrestleMania 27 for the WHC
Edge's curtain call. The Rated R Superstar finally won a WM world title match. I wish it was later in the show, but that's just a minor complaint.

2. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio-Money in the Bank 2010 for the WHC (MITB cash-in)
Yes it was brief and one-sided. But I always felt Kane deserved a real world title run. He was the first wrestler to cash-in his MITB briefcase the same night he won it. It was a cool moment.

1. Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle-WrestleMania 20 for the WWE Championship
For years the Triple Threat Match at WM 20 has received all the glory. For me Eddie vs. Kurt stole the show. It was an old school Madison Square Garden one-on-one showdown for the same title Sammartino, Morales, Backlund, and Hogan held. In my mind it is the most underrated match in WrestleMania history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back