7th Annual WrestleZone Tournament Bracket Unveiling LD

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Today is a big day for as the seedings and opening round matchups for the 7th Annual WrestleZone Tournament are unveiled! This is our biggest even of the year and will run for nearly the next month and a half so the beginning is very important. Join us at 5pm EST for the live draw and matchup announcements. Every five or so minutes another set of four entrants will be announced until all 128 participants have been announced.

A little information about how the seeds were calculated:

I asked a selection of 35 members of the forum with a high level of wrestling knowledge to create a list of 128 of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Upon receiving the lists, I assigned a point value to each name as follows.

1. 128 points
2. 127 points
127. 2 points
128. 1 point

I then went through all of the lists and totaled the points for every individual name listed. I then put the totals in order from greatest to least and the top 128 made the field.

There are four regions in descending order:

WWE
WCW
ECW
International

The seeds will then be divided into the four divisions in a snake pattern like this.

1. WWE
2. WCW
3. ECW
4. International

5. International
6. ECW
7. WCW
8. WWE

9. WWE
125. International
126. ECW
127. WCW
128. WWE

If you're interested in what the full bracket will look like:

http://www.printyourbrackets.com/128-team-seeded-tournament-bracket.html

In the semi-finals the WWE winner will face the International winner while the WCW winner will face the ECW winner.

There are seven rounds and they go like this:

Round 1 – 128 entrants
Round 2 – 64 entrants
Round 3 (Gimmick) – 32 entrants
Round 4 (Big Gimmick) – 16 entrants
Round 5 (KOTR Quarter-Finals) – 8 entrants
Round 6 (KOTR Semi-Finals) – 4 entrants
Round 7 (KOTR Tournament Final) – 2 entrants

The gimmick round includes matches such as steel cage, I quit, ladder match etc. The Big Gimmick round consists of two matches each of TLC, Hell in a Cell, 60 Minute Iron Man and 3 Stages of Hell. These gimmicks will be assigned to their matches by random draw.

The final three rounds will be held in Met Life Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, Rounds 3 and 4 in:

WWE – TD Garden Arena – Boston, Massachusetts
WCW – Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, North Carolina
ECW – United Center – Chicago, Illinois
International – Arena Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico

Rounds 1 and 2 in:

WWE – M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, England
Fed Ed Forum, Memphis, Tennessee
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
American Airlines Arena, Miami, Florida

WCW – Kingdome, Sydney, Australia
Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium, Osaka, Japan
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Kentucky

ECW – Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, Indiana
Kemper Arena, Kansas City, Missouri
Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
HP Pavilion, San Jose, California

International – Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York
Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas
Air Canada Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
KeyArena – Seattle, Washington

I believe that's everything and remember we start tonight at 5PM EST with the first seeds being announced a few minutes after.

Rounds 1 and 2 in:

WWE – M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, England
Fed Ed Forum, Memphis, Tennessee
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
American Airlines Arena, Miami, Florida

FYq7M.gif

Will you ever change the regions to accommodate the modern wrestling landscape, or have you resigned us to living in the shadow of the WCW/ECW days until the end of time?

Will you ever change the regions to accommodate the modern wrestling landscape, or have you resigned us to living in the shadow of the WCW/ECW days until the end of time?

When a company gets bigger than WWE or WCW, sure. I've thought about swapping TNA for ECW, but if I do that then what's the point in having the regions at all?

Also if I don't, I might have to read ECW fan posts and I've suffered enough in this life.

You're an important man. Get one of your flunkies to read them for you. The people want a TNA region.

International – Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York
Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas
Air Canada Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
KeyArena – Seattle, Washington
Really?

Just like last year, the locations in the first rounds are at random. There's no connection between the cities and the region until Round 3. It's like the NCAA Tournament, which you would know about if you weren't some hockey loving penguin rapist.

You are a sick, disgusting and morally reprehensible individual who I personally would not allow near my children.

Pepperoni and peanut butter pizza sounds horrendous.

You are a sick, disgusting and morally reprehensible individual who I personally would not allow near my children.

Pepperoni and peanut butter pizza sounds horrendous.

So did peanut butter and jelly at one point and that did pretty well. I thought the same about bananas and spaghetti sauce but it's one of my favorites. Also, the thought of you having kids is....odd.

PB&J is consumed by Americans and the residents of mental institutions; I don't even know what spaghetti sauce is supposed to be (I'm guessing its a way or de-foreigning bolognese) and I live in the biggest exporter of mail order brides on the planet.

PB&J is consumed by Americans and the residents of mental institutions; I don't even know what spaghetti sauce is supposed to be (I'm guessing its a way or de-foreigning bolognese) and I live in the biggest exporter of mail order brides on the planet.

Indeed it is. I've seen it on menus at restaurants before.

Think marinara sauce.

Can you send me a redhead?

Some one REALLY needs to explain what this is. For people who are new, such as myself.

I dont even know what to ask, except.. WHAT IS THIS?

Some one REALLY needs to explain what this is. For people who are new, such as myself.

I dont even know what to ask, except.. WHAT IS THIS?

Long story short, a fun tournament where we, as fans, can vote for our favorite superstars from past and present to determine who is the greatest professional wrestling superstar of all time. We base the voting on kayfabe matches in multiple settings. Whoever you feel would win, you vote for them.

And shit gets SERIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS so be ready.

Just like last year, the locations in the first rounds are at random. There's no connection between the cities and the region until Round 3. It's like the NCAA Tournament, which you would know about if you weren't some hockey loving penguin rapist.
Watching real sports is for chest-thumping "manly"-men who feel the need to overcompensate for something or another.

Real men go to the theatre.

Right now it's five until noon EST. I believe it's 5 hours earlier here than in England.

I want a pepperoni and peanut butter pizza but it isn't happening anytime soon.

Ugh fuck. I can stay up but I do have to be up early for work, I mean 10pm isn't bad but 4 every 5 minutes is gonna take me late into the night.

Here's to hoping you start early ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back