2015 WrestleZone Tournament Live Draw

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
In just under an hour, we'll be starting the live draw for the 8th Annual WrestleZone Tournament. This is our biggest event of the year and is always a lot of fun.

A group of our best old school posters here have seeded 128 of the best wrestlers of all time into a tournament bracket. Over the next few months, we'll be setting up individual match polls and voting on each match until one wrestler is left standing as the greatest of all time.

I asked a selection of 35 members of the forum with a high level of wrestling knowledge to create a list of 128 of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Upon receiving the lists, I assigned a point value to each name as follows.

1. 128 points
2. 127 points
127. 2 points
128. 1 point

I then went through all of the lists and totaled the points for every individual name listed. I then put the totals in order from greatest to least and the top 128 made the field.

Starting at 4pm EST, I'll be unveiling this year's seeds for the first time ever. As usual, this will be a snake format, meaning the seedings will go as follows:

WWE #1
WCW #1
TNA #1
International #1
International #2
TNA #2
WCW #2
WWE #2
WWE #3

And so on until we're at #32 for each of the four regions.

The four regions will be broken down into subregion cities, which I'll reveal later (read as when I have time to set them up). In addition to that, after we reach the third and fourth rounds, the regions will go to their major cities. Here they are:

WWE - Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
WCW - Scottrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri
TNA - Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
International - First Direct Arena, Leeds, England

Other than that, you should be pretty used to this idea by now. Let's get to it.

I'm going to be doing my usual JBL support, but also throwing some weight behind guys like Vader and others I've come to love via and expansion of my wrestling knowledge the last year or so.

Overall #1 Seed, WWE #1

63.jpg

Hulk Hogan

Overall #2 Seed, WCW #1

Steve-Austin.jpg

Steve Austin

Overall #3 Seed, TNA #1

johncena_bio_20150119.png

John Cena

Overall #4 Seed, International #1

ric-flair-bio.png

Ric Flair

Having just read your OP, can I just inform you that Leeds is a bit shit. I mean I know you're going to marry someone from there, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a bit shit.

And now with added Flair too.

Having just read your OP, can I just inform you that Leeds is a bit shit. I mean I know you're going to marry someone from there, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a bit shit.

And now with added Flair too.

All part of the plan.

Overall #5 Seed, International #2

the_rock_bio_20130107.png

The Rock

Overall #6 Seed, TNA #2

BrunoSammartino_bio.png

Bruno Sammartino

Overall #7 Seed, WCW #2

4328669.jpg

Sting

Overall #8 Seed, WWE #2

The%20Undertaker%281%29.jpg

Undertaker

...why is Bruno so high? Seriously, higher than The Undertaker? THE UNDERTAKER! AND STING TOO! How many votes did Ech and Gelgs get?

Oh well, he's in TNA meaning, pretty much boned barring a couple of so-so first round opponents.

Overall #9 Seed, WWE #3

zz2_andre.jpg

Andre the Giant

Overall #10 Seed, WCW #3

randy-savage-bio.png

Randy Savage

Overall #11 Seed, TNA #3

ISCNIVs.jpg

Triple H

Overall #12 Seed, International #3

shawn-michaels-hbk-1408869024.jpg

Shawn Michaels

Overall #13 Seed, International #4

bret-hart-bio.png

Bret Hart

Overall #14 Seed, TNA #4

Lou_Thesz.jpg

Lou Thesz

Overall #15 Seed, WCW #4

Dusty-Rhodes.jpg

Dusty Rhodes

Overall #16 Seed, WWE #4

angle_original.jpg

Kurt Angle

Surprised Dusty's so high up too. It'll be interesting to see where the few guaranteed international stars (Inoki, Santo, Blue Demon, Misawa, Big Daddy etc...) will rank

Overall #17 Seed, WWE #5

randy-orton-bio1.jpg

Randy Orton

Overall #18 Seed, WCW #5

race2.jpg

Harley Race

Overall #19 Seed, TNA #5

steamboat2ss0.jpg

Ricky Steamboat

Overall #20 Seed, International #5

el_santo_3.jpg

El Santo

Is anyone keeping track of these in a list so we can have the matches ready when we get to the second half?

Overall #21 Seed, International #6

funk_terry.jpg

Terry Funk

Overall #22 Seed, TNA #6

nick_bockwinkel.jpg

Nick Bockwinkel

Overall #23 Seed, WCW #6

132599a.jpg

Mick Foley

Overall #24 Seed, WWE #6

milmascaras_main_bio.png

Mil Mascaras