2016 WrestleZone Tournament Live Draw

Is there even a rule again that? I know when Terry Funk comes up I'm going to be using NWA champion Terry and not ECW champ Terry. You might be using the latter and there's nothing wrong with that.

I tend to go with their primes (which can be very debatable) but there's no rule saying otherwise.

This year I put Michaels at 128 because last year's tournament embarrassed the forum.

No. No it didn't. Embarrassing is the Mountie defeating someone to win the tournament. Shawn Michaels is one of the best of all time and has won this thing before, twice beating Brock before. It was not an embarrassment, no matter how much you've built it up in your mind and been offended by it.

True, but the trend seemed to be people losing interest after the first round was over because so many matches weren't competitive. Also it makes it far harder to compile/seed a list. Getting together 128 names is enough of a struggle at times and doubling that would be more daunting than it's worth.

Moment of brilliance here.....

Why not conscript some people to help? Per region or some such?

No. No it didn't. Embarrassing is the Mountie defeating someone to win the tournament. Shawn Michaels is one of the best of all time and has won this thing before, twice beating Brock before. It was not an embarrassment, no matter how much you've built it up in your mind and been offended by it.

Well it was, and the majority of us agreed on that, including you admitting you wouldn't like it were you not the perpetrator.

But what's done is done. Let's figure out the best way to do this. I think returning it to an air of seriousness instead of it being a source of people jacking off is a good start. I mean that towards anyone who feels the shoe fits, not really you specifically

Moment of brilliance here.....

Why not conscript some people to help? Per region or some such?

That's starting next year. We're at least making things simpler.

Well it was, and the majority of us agreed on that, including you admitting you wouldn't like it were you not the perpetrator.

Indeed.

But what's done is done. Let's figure out the best way to do this. I think returning it to an air of seriousness instead of it being a source of people jacking off is a good start. I mean that towards anyone who feels the shoe fits, not really you specifically

Indeed the sequel.

Embarrassment would be doing the list, dropping four off the list who made it in and then dropping someone 88 places.

But you wouldn't do that, would you?

I wouldn't be bothered if he hadn't publicly berated me for including a guy who has been in all aside from one previous tournaments.

That's the last I'll be posting on this because frankly he doesn't give a shit.

No I get it.

But now it's down to you and others saying he did it on purpose, and him claiming it was mere fuck up due to overwelming numbers.

There is no next step. It's bound to go round in circles now.

Embarrassment would be doing the list, dropping four off the list who made it in and then dropping someone 88 places.

But you wouldn't do that, would you?

No, actually I wouldn't, but it says a lot that you think I would.

Honestly, I want the tournament to work, be good and be fair.

True, but the trend seemed to be people losing interest after the first round was over because so many matches weren't competitive. Also it makes it far harder to compile/seed a list. Getting together 128 names is enough of a struggle at times and doubling that would be more daunting than it's worth.

If you used a spreadsheet, it wouldn't make it harder to make the seed, it would make it harder to make all the threads but the seed is no more difficult than collating the lists for this tournament. It makes the middle of the bracket more interesting and the outside of the bracket more boring. It's a compromise either way really

No, actually I wouldn't, but it says a lot that you think I would.

Unfortunately, your behaviour last year has led to this conclusion being much easier to draw. Like I said in like January or whatever, I don't care that Michaels won, I like him more than Lesnar and in truth would have probably voted for him had I not seen what you were up to. It's not the result that grates, it's how it was achieved and I think you know that.

I'm happy to accept that you didn't do it on purpose this year but the main criticisms people had were:-

Perfect is too low
Goldust is too high
Richards shouldn't be in it
There's a bias towards the recent history

The first is your fault, along with Boss Man being too high, Triple H too low and everyone else being off by a bit. I accept this was a mistake, but you should probably admit that here.

I've explained why Goldust is where he is earlier.

Stevie is on Lee and him being low on mine and Sam's list. He has given his reasons, but if you want to avoid this kind of thing, only accept wrestlers named by 5 people.

The bias thing is a combination of factors - Gelgarin didn't submit a list, for which you know why, you don't appear to have used Echelon's and we had a long conversation in the All Stars where the consensus was to move away from old school. I should say that I also forgot to put Antonino Rocca on my list and he would have also got in if I did. You also didn't include the Road Warriors and Stan Hansen despite them having more than enough votes, another simple mistake I'm sure, but again this is a combination of factors.

What I'm saying and have been saying is that you are as responsible or more responsible for some of the things that people are complaining about that and I think you should take your fair share of the blame rather than blaming us. It felt a bit like a vendetta for being the ones who were so vocal after last year's fiasco.

I was quick to accuse you of malice this time around, but equally quick to retract that. In truth Sam and particularly Lee have probably gone a bit overly defensive - something I've said to both of them in private - but your attitude isn't helping and I think you owe it to the participants to admit your errors in the set up here rather than scapegoating the list givers.

Ultimately we all want the tournament to be a success, but that is far more likely to happen if people are respectful and admit their culpability rather than pointing fingers, and that includes both sides of the argument.

This is my first experience in the tourney. I had it come down to Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Immortal Hulk Hogan. With Hogan winning, now that is The 80's Immortal Hulk Hogan right? If it is then it's correct as he was pretty unbeatable in those times. The tournament churned up some good matches along the way for me, Flair made it far and I sat there with a Bret Hart vs HBK match, I wanted to pick Bret but HBK advanced.

He has given his reasons, but if you want to avoid this kind of thing, only accept wrestlers named by 5 people.

This is actually not a bad idea. Or, if there's only 115 on 5 lists, then go with the top guys who appeared on 4, and so on.

This is my first experience in the tourney. I had it come down to Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Immortal Hulk Hogan. With Hogan winning, now that is The 80's Immortal Hulk Hogan right? If it is then it's correct as he was pretty unbeatable in those times. The tournament churned up some good matches along the way for me, Flair made it far and I sat there with a Bret Hart vs HBK match, I wanted to pick Bret but HBK advanced.

It's based on whatever you want it to be based on. Regarding Hogan, since you named him as an example, most people do use his time in WWF to base their arguments. Some use his '95-'98 run as Hollywood Hogan and the politics he played. It all depends on what you want to base it on, and how you argue it against the rest of the forums.

???

Brotha.

The torunament is a full forum debate with voting. Sorta like the EOY awards. The matches havent been put up yet.

???

Brotha.

The torunament is a full forum debate with voting. Sorta like the EOY awards. The matches havent been put up yet.

This is on me lol Jeff is fairly new to the forums, and is mostly active in the e-fed. I just broke it down for him there.

The tournament hasn't started yet. The predictions are just part of the appetizers along with the campaigns and the bracket analyses.

The tournament hasn't started yet. The predictions are just part of the appetizers along with the campaigns and the bracket analyses.

When do these start? It's been a few years since I've been active this time of year lol

When do these start? It's been a few years since I've been active this time of year lol

Well if the matches do go up Monday like you mentioned in the Fed discussion thread, a subsection for campaigns should have already been up along with the WZT section at the top of the forums.

Well if the matches do go up Monday like you mentioned in the Fed discussion thread, they should have already been up along with the WZT section at the top of the forums.

In KB's defense, he just had his American wedding this weekend, so that could be the cause for the delay.

???

Brotha.

Whoops.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back