7th Annual WrestleZone Tournament Bracket Unveiling LD

From a strictly in-ring standpoint I don't get HHH, Cena or Punk in a greatest conversation. I probably would not have Benoit on my list either as he comes up a little short in the in-ring storytelling aspects for my taste. I would have Jericho on my list.

What year did you start watching wrestling again Coco?

2001. Not that it's relevant.

You giving Benoit shit for his perceived short-comings as an in-ring storyteller while keeping Angle on his pedestal is amusing.

Not that I want to get into this. If I do, I'll be up until three in the morning, Stormtrooper style.

I never would have guessed this was your stormtrooper topic.

Earlier today I was thinking about how great an Angle Punk feud would be in an environment where they were allowed to go dark with it and get real.

I'd put Triple H, Punk and Cena in a greatest conversation - yes, even from an in-ring perspective. In fact, especially from an in-ring perspective. Peacock feathers deployed.

(I should point out that I do actually have an odd revulsion towards Triple H, though I suppose that's hardly unique in these parts.)

Edit: Though I'm also on Team Angle. Go figure.

I love me some Benoit and Angle matchups, but Punk and Cena have surpassed those two in my book.

I don't get HHH being in any conversation about technical ability. He has 1.5 moves of doom and in a non-hardcore environment his third most recognizable move is spitting water in the air. All 3 of those guys are excellent at build and story but when it comes to matches without that luxury they rarely provide much of interest IMO. Note the claim isn't that they can't have great matches.

Can someone tell me who were the previous six winner?

1. HBK
2. Undertaker
3. Bret Hart
4. Steve Austin
5. Steve Austin
6. The Rock

I don't get HHH being in any conversation about technical ability. He has 1.5 moves of doom and in a non-hardcore environment his third most recognizable move is spitting water in the air. All 3 of those guys are excellent at build and story but when it comes to matches without that luxury they rarely provide much of interest IMO. Note the claim isn't that they can't have great matches.

People are stuck on that 1997 mindset of Triple H. The WWF tried so hard to push that Triple H was this technical masterpiece. He feuded with Foley, got injured, did the DX schtick, and feuded with Foley again. He hasn't been a technical wrestler in 16 years, he basically became fucking Mick Foley. I agree, I don't get the Triple H is a great technical wrestler thing myself. He's a good physical wrestler, not a technical wrestler at all.

Last questions.. When/How/Where do we vote?

I think it starts next Tuesday. At the top of the main forum page you'll see the Wrestlezone Tournament section. The matches will be posted in there. There will be a poll in each match, and that's how you vote. If you feel strongly about a wrestler moving on, make sure to right a non spam argument for him. In case of a tie in the polls, the tiebreaker becomes the written vote.

I think it starts next Tuesday. At the top of the main forum page you'll see the Wrestlezone Tournament section. The matches will be posted in there. There will be a poll in each match, and that's how you vote. If you feel strongly about a wrestler moving on, make sure to right a non spam argument for him. In case of a tie in the polls, the tiebreaker becomes the written vote.

Only one match per day?

No. I'm pretty sure it will be 8 matches a day for the first round, and the matches are open for 3-5 days.

WZ Tournament Literacy Test

1. Can a prime Hulk Hogan climb a ladder?

2. Is it possible to be a draw in a company that isn't/wasn't WWE/F or WCW?

3. Is CM Punk the greatest wrestler of all-time?

4. Rated R Super______

5. Who is Rikidozan?

6. How old was Jericho when Cena finally had more pinfall victories in one on one matches over him? If you exclude matches in the week he left the company how many years does that add?

7. If you do a sit up does the ref stop counting in a last man standing match?

8. Did you vote for Cena over Rock last year?

9. Bigger jobber to the stars in their prime: Michaels or Flair?

10. Does Mickie James do a Thesz press?

11. Has a heel ever won a match?

12. In big matches what percent of the time is shoot fighting ability relevant?

1. Can a prime Hulk Hogan climb a ladder?

Would take two or three minutes.

2. Is it possible to be a draw in a company that isn't/wasn't WWE/F or WCW?

Ask Flair... Wooo.

3. Is CM Punk the greatest wrestler of all-time?

Oh, of course. He changed da landscape, didn't ya know?

4. Rated R Super______

Christian.

5. Who is Rikidozan?

Haven't the slightest clue.

6. How old was Jericho when Cena finally had more pinfall victories in one on one matches over him? If you exclude matches in the week he left the company how many years does that add?

Can you just answer these kinds of questions so I don't have to do research. Thanks, buddy.

7. If you do a sit up does the ref stop counting in a last man standing match?

Hebner would.

8. Did you vote for Cena over Rock last year?

No, I stay away from Kool-Aid.

9. Bigger jobber to the stars in their prime: Michaels or Flair?

Flair.

10. Does Mickie James do a Thesz press?

Is that the move where her massive ass jiggles all over the place? Probably.

11. Has a heel ever won a match?

Yeah, but it wazn't cleannn.

12. In big matches what percent of the time is shoot fighting ability relevant?

100% when Brock Lesnar decides he doesn't want to lose.

No Austin Aries?!?!

I'm apalled.

Also I guess I have to resign myself that Jeff Hardy isn't going past Owen Hart

Ah, yes. Giving up before even giving a try.

You've learned well from your druggie idol

Oh I'm not giving up. It's just guys like you will be voting more on the fact 'Hardy did drugs he suckzzzzzzz'

Sure you'll bring in legitimate arguements like Owen Hart being a great mat wrestler etc. But the fact of the matter is Hardy is a bigger name than Owen Hart and has accomplished more.

You will note you're the 420th post of this thread.

This can only be better if you also support RVD.

All I know about Kenta is that he's a crazy ass guy who will fuck you up and has a better GTS than Punk.

And X worships him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back