A new theory to explain the Benoit murders.

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Over the many years many here have discussed the Benoit murders and explained it away as either (a) CTE, (b) roid-rage or (c) someone else did it.

But there is another possible motive that occured to me recently, and no-one seems to have mentioned it.

What made me think about it was, in my country a couple of weeks ago, a man poured petrol on his wife and children, and set them alight in the family car, before he stabbed himself to death.

Much discussion has followed since about domestic violence, and domestic abuse.

It got me thinking:- What if the Benoit murders happened because Chris was a domestic abuser?

Nancy once accused Chris of domestic assault, and he plead no contest.

People, even close to him, said that it seemed "out-of-character" for him. But domestic abusers are good at wearing "masks" to the world, looking like the model citizen to the outside world, but being a monster at home.

I heard an interview with Nancy's sister one time, and she didn't seem surprised that the murders happened. Maybe she knew what was going on, asked Nancy to leave, and she wouldn't.

What if Benoit came home that Sunday and found Nancy packed, ready to leave him? Many domestic abusers kill their partners when the partner finally decides to leave, since the abuser has lost control of their subject, and they kill in response?

What if Nancy finally decided to leave, and Chris tried to stop her, by killing her?

What if Daniel was crying and upset about his mummy, and Chris snapped and killed him too, to shut him up and stop his crying? Some abusers also hit their children as well.

What if Benoit killed himself, not out of remorse or extreme guilt, but cowardice, and a way of never going to jail for his crimes?

Sure, Benoit had CTE, but did the CTE play a part in the murders, or put Chris in a mindset where he became an abuser, or was he a narcissist sociopath who killed those he could no longer exercise control over?

Also, the police came to their conclusion very quickly, and suspected only Benoit. Maybe they had been around before, on calls of domestic abuse, only to find not enough evidence, or Nancy drop charges out of fear.

Domestic abusers occupy all areas of life, and have many different occupations. Who is to say that it doesn't happen in wrestling as well?

Maybe no one has suggested that this is the motive because no-one wanted to go there. Maybe people hoped that there was some other explanation. But what if these murders were the end point of years of abuse in the home, and this was its inevitable, sad conclusion?

Now, I hope I am wrong, both because I liked Benoit before the murders, and I hope that Nancy and Daniel didn't suffer for years. But this could be another possibility in why the murders occured.

What are your thoughts on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back