A Randy Orton-Cody Rhodes fued- The Evolution factor

CM Steel

A REAL American
When Randy Orton first debut in the WWF/E, most people saw him as Rocky Maivia all over again. A happy babyface who's a next generation wrestler. But later on that year Randy went to RAW and then got injuried. And so after his injury he was chosen to be apart of Triple H's Evolution faction, which was a spin-off of Ric Flair's Four Horsemen stable from back in the day.In where Triple H & Ric Flair played the teachers and mentors for Randy Orton & Dave Batista.

As time flew by Evolution was on a roll as far as a dynasty era in Evolution where each member was wearing gold around his waist. But it was Randy Orton who was the (first) break out star from the faction by doing something that Triple H couldn't, defeat Chris Benoit fot the world heavyweight championship. The night after that on RAW, Evolution turned on Randy Orton. And ever since then, we've saw both Randy Orton and Triple H switch roles as the Babyface & heel in epic fueds as former teacher & student. The most reconized one was the infamous Randy Orton vs The McMahon family (+ Triple H) fued.

During that time Randy Orton had made a stable of his own, the Legacy. Consisting of Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes, legacy was a stable of next generation wrestlers. With Randy Orton playing the teacher in the group. But Legacy was no Evolution. Legacy didn't have a dynasty era. It was ran more like a "Team Angle" like faction, where it was all about the leader and the two other guys were the goons of the faction. But now Legacy is no more and each guy is now on there own as singles wrestlers.

Now all three of these guys are on the Smackdown brand. I don't see a reunion in the future. But what if stars Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes had a fued like Randy and Triple H did? Where it would be teacher against the student. Cody Rhodes could follow in big brother Goldust's boots and win the IC title? But most wrestling fans want and feel that Cody Rhodes should be competing for the world heavyweight championship already.

So do you think that this could work??

Definitely they should and they will use it...

Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase adopted a lot from Randy Orton style, the way to walk, the moves... They are like 40% Orton and 60% themselves, which is good!!
Every time i saw "Dashing" Cody Rhodes I thought about the "young" Randy Orton from Evolution, because they are very similar.

Cody Rhodes vs Randy Orton, in my perspective is going to be a long time desired feud!!
For now, I don't want to see it, maybe at SummerSlam is something i could understand, but if Cody Rhodes manages to keep relevant until Survivor Series or WrestleMania, I would love to see it then...

They should have let Ted DiBiase turns face and stayed on Raw, there he could have a push like Cody Rhodes and then next year SummerSlam I WOULD LOVE to see Ted Dibiase vs Cody Rhodes...

I always thought that the small members against each other is a very good feud, and imho i think that is better than student vs master (classic)!!

:)

If Rhodes get the top via stable he needs some muscle and diva in the group diva wise im gonna go with Layla she doesn't have any programs atm

...im gonna go with Layla she doesn't have any programs atm

Maybe she could manage him from her wheelchair, having a torn ACL and all.

I can see them using their pasts, personally I'm not one of these people who have joined the Cody Rhodes bandwagon. Has some talent in-ring, good talent on the microphone, his Phanton of the Opera meets American Psycho gimmick is generating attention and doing him well, but something to me he doesn't have is the "it" factor. Maybe its because he's scrawney, I don't know.

It could work as a potential feud and I can see it happening. I don't think that Rhodes would win just yet, but if they push him to feud with Orton then their time in the Legacy stable will definitely get brought up. A high profile feud like that would do wonders for Rhodes because he could have a shot at a main event level feud, even though he'd probably lose, and it would also give Orton someone else to feud with for a few weeks before going back to guys like Sheamus or Christian. I think Rhodes will lose the feud if it happens soon, and go back down to the IC title division, win that, then try another main event run which he might win.

Rhodes and Orton battling for a title would be great. Last year i didnt see Rhodes going anywhere, and now i see him as a future Champion. With Sheamus and Barrett as top heels, and Christian looking like hes going to stay face, maybe this feud should happen. And eventually maybe add Ted Dibiase to the mix as he has had no story line in almost a year

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back