Anime/Manga Discussion

I finished SAO Season 1. I enjoyed it, time to move onto the next thing. Cowboy Beebop. I am taking a friends advice and not binge watching it. Since it apparently works better that way.

Anybody watch Pyscho-Pass.

I find it a brilliant satire of current lifestyle and our over dependence on technology, especially the internet (as I type on the internet)
I caught a couple of episodes but due to time contraints, I stopped watching. I should probably get back into that once summer starts.

Anybody watch Pyscho-Pass.

I find it a brilliant satire of current lifestyle and our over dependence on technology, especially the internet (as I type on the internet)

I loved that show, didn't get around to watching the extended version but for that season it was in my top 5 for sure. The ending was brilliant too and definitely a must watch for both the commentary on humanity and just how damned good the plot is presented after episode 4 or 5.

That season had some GREAT anime. Shinksekai Yori, Tonari no kaibustsu-kun and Zetsuen no Tempest were all on at the same time and they're firmly in the category of "Holy mother of fuck these are the pinnacle of life" to the point where I'll take any chance I get to go on about how gosh darn amazing they were.

Ore Monogatari (My Love Story!!) is excellent and Takeo is the best. Please watch this show. Anime of the season.

Reactions: M
Ore Monogatari (My Love Story!!) is excellent and Takeo is the best. Please watch this show. Anime of the season.

I knew that anime looked quirky for a reason!
Will give a watch, let's see if it's better than the second series of my teenage love com snafu though ;)

EDIT: holy shit it's a shoujo romance comedy. That's my favourite genre.

I knew that anime looked quirky for a reason!
Will give a watch, let's see if it's better than the second series of my teenage love com snafu though ;)

EDIT: holy shit it's a shoujo romance comedy. That's my favourite genre.

Would be an edit but I've gone and watched an episode and thankyouthankyouthankyou o mighty Doc :worship: I haven't blushed as much in months :worship:

Would be an edit but I've gone and watched an episode and thankyouthankyouthankyou o mighty Doc :worship: I haven't blushed as much in months :worship:

It only gets better. Episode 3 will make you melt. Every character is the best character.

Implying I didn't watch all the episodes at once before crying myself to sleep? :disappointed:

SUNA AND HIS SISTER ARE THE BEST FRIENDS A MAN COULD HAVE. I cannot wait for the next episode. Hope we find out the secret.

SUNA AND HIS SISTER ARE THE BEST FRIENDS A MAN COULD HAVE. I cannot wait for the next episode. Hope we find out the secret.

Suna is the bro-iest bro imaginable. His sister has an aura of mischief about her though...

I seriously hope the secret is just some sort of misunderstanding/something easily fixable that's making her sad because of her awkwardness, but I swear this has the scariest feeling that I'll be in tears by the end of the show and not in the good way :S

What I hope it is:
She's moving to a place inconvenient for them two to meet and she's scared of how that will affect their relationship.

Ctrl + F finds no results for Hajime No Ippo.

I'm not much of an anime fan other then some of the Ghibli films.

Hajime No Ippo had me hooked from the first episode, absolutely fantastic. The way it weaves legitimate boxing techniques and training methods into the fighting style of anime. If anything, it has made me open to the idea that there is probably other anime I might enjoy.

Wow the new chapters of Fairy Tail is really surprising. Never expected such a huge plot development after the conclusion of the latest mini-arc. No wonder Mashima is creating so many chapters in recent weeks to speed things along so we won't get bogged down with reuniting the whole gang.

So Natsu is basically Elie from Rave master? :lol: Acnologia look badass in human form. :worship:

Wow the new chapters of Fairy Tail is really surprising. Never expected such a huge plot development after the conclusion of the latest mini-arc. No wonder Mashima is creating so many chapters in recent weeks to speed things along so we won't get bogged down with reuniting the whole gang.

So Natsu is basically Elie from Rave master? :lol: Acnologia look badass in human form. :worship:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That last chapter fried my brain LOL. Now I need my monthly release of Fairy Tail Zero.

I'm watching that Wanna be The Strongest anime. It's fan service heavy, but then again so are actual joshi puro matches. But it's hard to watch it without analyzing it from a pro wrestling fans perspective.

Like the main character has lost 10 times in a row, despite being initially very popular. And I'm thinking "well, maybe she's Zack Ryder."

There's allot of references to modern and old school wrestling in this anime. Both in Japan and America. And the way the characters fight each match is clearly a Western style. It's pretty close to King's Road.

And I feel like a smark knowing all the moves the wrestlers bust out before the announcer calls them.

Kings Road is just southern style evolved into a highly intricate form.

Kings Road style is also rooted in the modern Western style as well. From what I've researched and watched. It's certainly nowhere close to the worked shoot style of NJPW.

It's not uncommon for Western wrestling fans to take to King's Road style over Shoot style because of the similarities to modern Western style.

I am enjoying the fact that I am forcing myself to watch one episode of Cowboy Beebop a week. Its definately a series that works better that way.

Also watching High School DxD third season, once you get past the blatant fan service, the Fights in it are fairly decently done. The Animation is also fairly crisp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back