Apperently the LEgends Tournament didn't go as well as I thought :(

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Rikidozan? Who is this? I've never heard of this name before, and apparently if he's made this tournament he's well known to several people. So I need someone to fill me in on this individual's overall career. Thank You.
Rikidōzan
300_116179.jpg

If Inoki is a legend of Japanese Rikidōzan is THE Legend of Japanese wrestling. He trained Inoki and has held many titles both in Japan and the US. What Hulk Hogan did for wrestling in America Rikidōzan did for wrestling in Japan. He is an Icon.

and then there's the rest of the thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=26896

hope that helps Will, if not you should check his Wiki page

It is the same form of the WZ tournament but with certain legends like Undertaker,HBK, and the winner Bret Hart.

I lost interest after Lou Thesz went out in the second round, and KB suggested that people "Get out of the past". :p

Is there a fast link to the entire brackets? I was away from the forums for pretty much the whole tournament. I voted for the loser in the WWE semi-final though, so I contributed.

Is there a fast link to the entire brackets? I was away from the forums for pretty much the whole tournament. I voted for the loser in the WWE semi-final though, so I contributed.
There's this, I hope it helps.
WWE Round 1 Match Ups said:
1) Bruno Sammartino Vs Rocky Johnson

2) Hulk Hogan Vs Tito Santana

3) Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Nikolai Volkoff

4) Andre The Giant Vs I.R.S.

5) 'Superstar' Billy Graham Vs Razor Ramon

6) The Rock Vs "Mr. Perfect' Curt Hennig

7) Bret Hart Vs Sgt Slaughter

8) Bob Backlund Vs Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat

9) Rick Rude Vs Yokozuna

10) Killer Kowalski Vs 'High Chief' Peter Mavia

11) Jake 'The Snake' Roberts' Vs Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine

12) 'Classy' Freddie Blassie Vs King Kong Bundy

13) 'The Milion Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase Vs Iron Sheik

14) 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Vs 'Mr Wonderful' Paul Orndorff

15) 'Macho Man' Randy Savage Vs Bam Bam Bigelow

16) Pat Paterson Vs Jimmy Snuka
NWA Round 1 Match Ups said:
1) Antonio Inoki Vs Rikidōzan

2) Nature Boy Ric Flair Vs Lex Luger

3) Harley Race VS Kerry Von Erich

4) Lou Thesz Vs Michael P.S. Hayes

5) Verne Gagne Vs Tully Blanchard

6) Gene Kiniski Vs Santo, el Enmascarado de Plata

7) Stan Hanson Vs The Original Sheik

8) Pat O' Connor Vs Giant Baba

9) Terry Funk Vs Jerry The King Lawler

10) Dory Funk Jr. Vs Dick The Bruiser

11) The Original Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers Vs Bobo Brazil

12) Bruiser Brody Vs Nick Bockwinkel

13) The American Dream Dusty Rhodes Vs Jack Briscoe

14) Big Van Vader Vs Fritz Von Erich

15) Carlos Colon Vs Dynamite Kid

16) Barry Windham Vs Arn Anderson

I would have contributed if I weren't so pissed that you didn't let the tag tourney finish first.

But yeah, anyway. Give a shit. He's Japanese. If we don't know who old school American wrestlers are, why should we even care about old school Japanese guys?

Search Lou Thesz V Harley Race.

Klunderbunkers oppinions on Lou Thesz:

He was Bob Backlund but somehow more boring. He is very similar to Bruno Sammartino: yes they were good in the ring, but at the end of the day they took wrestling too seriously. Sure what they did was great, but those days have been long gone. Get out of the past.

I could pick apart at least four different ways in which that was a silly and inaccurate assessment, but I came to the dance to late, and it didn't seem worth it.

And I stand by what I say for the most part. It's the argument between professional wrestling and sports entertainment I suppose. NWA vs. WWF.

This is true. And aside from the parts about Thesz being boring, Thesz being in any way similar to Sammartino, Sammartino being good in the ring and the pair of them taking wrestling too seriously... it's a perfectly legitimate position to take.

Sammartino wasn't a good wrestler. He was a good entertainer. As far as pure in ring skills go there's absolutely no comparison. Thesz is some incriment of distance that hasn't been invented yet ahead of Sammartino in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back