Ask A Question Thread

How seriously have you discussed the impending possibility of Coco The Monkey?

Be as detailed as you'd like.

So wait, getting elected isn't an automatic in? You have to pass administrative approval?

Seems like it defeats the purpose of the election.

So wait, getting elected isn't an automatic in? You have to pass administrative approval?

Seems like it defeats the purpose of the election.

I'd imagine it's like the electoral colleges.

Or for the Brits it's how the Queen has to approve the Prime Minister.

For the most part it is. However we reserve the right to turn someone down if we think they won't take it seriously.

We're not going to let Sully be elected. As long as it's taken seriously, then the elected person will join as a mod.

As I said in the rules, I seriously doubt this will be a problem.

Can I get a confirmation that my understanding of the process is correct? Here's how I understand it:

The parties will nominate 5 candidates, one in each of the 5 available categories. The end result will be five new moderators, from various parties, who will be assigned to a subforum (if applicable). Is this correct?

Can I get a confirmation that my understanding of the process is correct? Here's how I understand it:

The parties will nominate 5 candidates, one in each of the 5 available categories. The end result will be five new moderators, from various parties, who will be assigned to a subforum (if applicable). Is this correct?

No.

Three parties nominate 1 candidate. Each candidate chooses which section he's interested in running for (party platform). Whichever candidate wins, he/she will then become a moderator of a specific forum in that section.

Each party will determine its candidate through a primary election. However each person in a primary wants to campaign for votes is up to them.

No.

Three parties nominate 1 candidate. Each candidate chooses which section he's interested in running for (party platform). Whichever candidate wins, he/she will then become a moderator of a specific forum in that section.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. My reading comprehension skills are apparently quite low these days.

I noticed in the rules that the admins and G-mods are abstaining from voting meaning they won't join parties. But what about the regular mods?

Will there be a post that shows how many people are in each party? Or possibly who is in what party?
When it gets close to the end of the party formation period I will. For right now, I don't have any desire to keep up with it on the forum and in my spreadsheet because of people changing parties and such.

I noticed in the rules that the admins and G-mods are abstaining from voting meaning they won't join parties. But what about the regular mods?
Only admins are abstaining from voting. G-Mods who DO abstain from the Election will have access to each party's subforum, but those G-Mods who wish to participate will not.

Regular mods will not have access to the party sub-forum, so it's completely up to them whether or not they wish to participate.

What were to happen to a party if their candidate were to be turned down by the admins? Can the party choose another candidate or said party will be out of the running?

So, if the winner chose to be a mod of the WZCW section, how would that work exactly? Would they get access to the creative room and suchlike?

Is it possible to run in a primary, but then step down from contention at a later point in the primary campaign? I don't necessarily have any intention of doing that, but if a personal problem (etc...) were to take place that would be possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back