Baseball/Softball Almost Back In The Olympics

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
It's on a list of 8 sports that are going to be voted on later this summer, for inclusion in the 2020 games. I was one of the many people wondering why it was ever removed, and am happy to see it possibly returning. Bowling, karate, roller sports, sport climbing, squash, surfing and wushu are the other possible additions.

Kind of a mixed bag for me. Skateboarding/Roller sports may have a huge fanbase, and is growing internationally, but they have their own games already, and it just doesn't feel like an Olympic event. Same goes with surfing and climbing. I've never understood how you score surfing. Do you win if you don't fall down, basically? Bowling is...not a sport. It's fun, it can be competitive, but it's a beer league "sport" at best. Wushu would be interesting, if only because the 2020 games are in Japan, and there would be a good selection of competitors.

Air sports, bowls, bridge, chess, dance sport, floorball, flying disc, football, korfball, netball, orienteering, polo, racquetball, sumo, tug of war, underwater sports and waterski and wakeboard are all among the "sports" that did not get enough support to move on in the voting, and thank god.

Does anyone want to watch an international BRIDGE competition? Chess would be riveting (sarcasm), and I had to look up what orienteering and korfball are.

To save you the hassle, korfball is basically a playground game that might rival tetherball. I bet it's loads of fun, if you're 6, but it is by no means Olympic-worthy. Orienteering is basically "Don't get lost".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back