Batista/Ultimate Warrior

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
While Batista has his friends, many in the Smackdown locker room are not fans of the current world heavyweight champion. Some have compared him to The Ultimate Warrior, ouch!

Bull shit. Both suck but at least the Warrior was entertaining. I hated the Warrior at the time but looking back his promo's were possibly the greatest in wrestling. They were hilarious, they put old school Jericho promo's to shame. Addmitedly they were meant to be funny but that's not the point. I loved Warrior's feud's with Savage and Rick Rude. Watching Rude stiff him and Warrior do nothing because he's blown himself up running to the ring. So far I've been completley unimpressed by every Batista feud.

Will there ever be a Self Destruction Of Batista D.V.D? No. He'll be lucky if he even get's a single disc profile D.V.D.

Warrior is a legend. For all the wrong reason's, but a legend never the less.

Straight out, the warriors promos were creepy. He just rambled on abt shit, like spaceships and planets of fiery doom! But yes Batista sucks way more balls than Warrior

OK..... We have ourselves an intresting descussion...

Heres my opinion

Charisma

Warrior 9

Batista 0

Fan base

Warrior 10

Batista 9

Wrestling Ability

Warrior 2

Batista 3

Sanity

Warrior 0

Batista 7

I dislike both men but notice their fan base and ability is almost the same but yet their charisma couldnt be further from one another. And thats what makes the ultimate warrior more intresting than Batista.

Warrior would ramble on about the tiny warriors and space and shit people didnt understand but it was funny to watch.

Batista has never pulled a decent promo in his life hes a waste of tv time and quite frankly a waste of space.

Warrior was and is contriversial, he did nothing but create contorversy, that also made him and i quote '' a legend for all the wrong reasons, but a legend ''.

Batista can't entertain for shit he sucks!

Straight out, the warriors promos were creepy. He just rambled on abt shit, like spaceships and planets of fiery doom! But yes Batista sucks way more balls than Warrior

My new sig LOL. Yeah i agree though, i have never really liked Batista since he moved from Raw to Smackdown....he hasnt seemed to improve in the wrestling ring and his mic skills are lacking at best.

batista is garbage.........has to be the most overrated person in wrestling, i mean atleast john cena can wrestle(somewhat) and cut promos.

batista was best when he was beside hhh and evolution, cuz the role of enforcer suited him, smackdown has talent that deserves to be world champion (hardy, benoit, kennedy,taker,kane,booker, even bradshaw)

i do see similarities in warrior and batista.... but the warrior is in my opinion a hall of fame wrestler for wut he did for the sport, its like michael jordan or mario lemeiux coming out of retirement and not doin much after they did, thats basically what warrior did when he tried to come back all those times, but he was still a great entertainer.

batista doesnt seem to put emotion into wut he's doin, i swear if they make him end the undertakers streak at mania.... it'll be a sad day

so they are similar in terms of probably not wanting to perfect the wrestling craft and there attitude but inside the ring warrior should be insulted to be compared to "the animal"

everytime this guy cuts a promo in the ring, i usually change the channel due to embarassement. i mena its such a joke that the world heavweight champion can show emotion when talking about wretling. i dont knoe howm any people of u saw when batista was sitting with brashaw n cole talking about kennedy's match, but man did this guy even say one sentence. wtv, but i mean, if your talking about warrior ya he was more entertaining than batista. it just for some reason wierd when batitsa wretles. i dont know why. and everytime this guy does the batista bomb i always have a feeling that he's gonna mess up. i say give this guy another year or so, n maybe he's got a chance to improve.

Ultimate Warrior was a great man! He was totally great but when he messed with Mcmahon about the CopyRights in 1993 He was then hated and Disliked and many fans of Warrior now hated him. Batista has Been on a Roar to Success in WWE but you cannot simply compare him to Warrior, Warrior had many friends in the back Hogan Savage and many others were good buddies of Warrior. The point is that if Batista goes on and improves in his Mic Skills and Shows Mcmahon that he is a real Born Star then hell why would Vince Fire him or why would they have an argument leading to Copyright matters and all which are talked of because a person wants to jump from one brand to another! WCW being the case in Warrior. Ultimate Warrior wanted to go to WCW and use his name because Vince fighted with him.
Batista and vince are on good Relationships if this continues Batista wont have to jump to TNA or any other promotion!
Batista has Talent and you all should Agree. Thats the Reason that Batista is currently the World Champion and Mcmahon has made him the top Star of Smackdown!
Keeping this aside What will be the Outcome of Batista vs Taker at MANIA?
Any idea's?

I can not stand any of them as far as im concered Batista should keep doing what he is doing backstage, maybe VKM will wise up and say to him

BATISSSTAAAA........................YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUURRRRRRRRRRRR FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFIRRRRRRRRRRRREDDDDDDDDD

Bring Ultimate Warrior back to Smackdown they can settle it in the ring

Batista is awful the one good fued he ever had was with Triple H and that is because Triple H carried him through the feud. Say what you want about Triple H but he makes wrestlers better. He can make you love him or hate him. In Batistas case he played such a good heel that the fans cheered Batista and Vince ran with it. Now the guy can't cut a promo and really can't wrestle. Everytime he tries a move I'm afraid he is going to tear something.

Hopefully the Undertaker can carry him through the next month. The one problem with this fued is Undertaker doesn't speak anymore either.

Ok, let's get this straight. The ultimate warrior was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. He had the charisma, the gimmick, the toughness. If you don't think the man was tough, why don't you fight the guy in real life and see how fast you're an ink spot on the ground... The man was stronger than most wrestlers could have ever aspired to be. He had flash, he had it all. That is why he was so popular, and only hulk hogan reigned higher as more of a fan favorite than warrior during that time period. Batista couldn't even shine warrior's shoes. Warrior always had the rep of being not too bright, very selfish, etc. But batista is all of those things times 10. Warrior will always go down as one of my favorites ever. I don't care hpow much ppl try and discredit him... Batista will be retired from wrestling before he ever gets to build a legacy even close to that of an ultimate warrior. I would be happy to see batista retired right now matter of fact.

just a quick note here, did anyone see Batista shaking the ropes UW style on raw last night? t made me laugh thinking of he way he has been compared to him

Yes, he stole that gimmick from the Warrior. he shakes the ropes every match, didn't you notice? Or did you fall asleep or change the channel?

Okay, I'm not really a Batista mark although I don't have a problem liking the guy. The fact of the matter is that while HHH did have alot to do with putting him over, the WWE has gotta take a little responsibility for his lackluster ring performance. If he's a weak performer, but is popular for whatever reason, find a great worker to match him with. I think people will be surprised by his match with taker at mania. I'm more of an old school fan so I prefer Batista's in ring "bruiser" style. Besides all that, he's realtively new to the game and obviously still ahs some fine tuning to do in ring. He's no Rock but he really isn't that bad on the mic. True, he'll never be remembered for his promo's, but it's called wrestling, not talking. Taker will probably carry him at mania alot, but I think the match will be solid, and Batista will likely turn heel and have continued success. Comparing him to the Warrior, who is a legend in my mind, is crazy. In ring Batista has already achieved more success than Warrior ever did.

Yes, he stole that gimmick from the Warrior. he shakes the ropes every match, didn't you notice? Or did you fall asleep or change the channel?

to be honest i never noticed.. i don't get to see smackdown as it conflicts with my work hours. Any time i do watch smackdown i switch over after 5mins

I love questions like the ones posed by this thread that basically equivocate to "Kasey, here are two giant pieces of $hit. Which one do you want to eat?" But...if I have to choose? Warrior. He at least has some accidental entertainment value due to his real-life insanity and the fact that he actually became his gimmick in real life. Besides, Warrior has had two solid encounters at Wrestlemania (even if Savage and Hogan carried him) that actually went over twenty minutes. Batista is on the downward slide and that definitely won't be an accomplishment he'll ever be able to find. Besides, even if Helwig is "The Ultimate Nutjob" I still find his immense level of stupidity entertaining to the Nth degree (promos, wrestling botches). Plus he also gets cool points for pissing off Vince McMahon like no other. Come to think of it, the only other guy who's owned Vince more is Bret Hart...and Bret had to hit him to do that. I won't bother discussing overall wrestling ability because they both suck ass. Cumulatively, Warrior is the "Pre-Batista." Every time Batista tries to ape Warrior when he's getting all pumped up I can't help but think: "Shake those ropes, Dave. You dumbass." It's like he tries to make it easier for me to rank on him.

Warrior may be a complete ass, but no one can take away that he had 2 simply fantastic matches at WM's 6 and 7 which both told amazing stories in the ring, unlike the majority of the crap we see these days. Even though he was a shitty wrestler most of the time, he always brought a unique sense of excitement, charisma and energy to the ring. Batista on the other hand is what i like to call shit personified. He is simply a walking pile of crap. His match with Taker at WM was the only good match so far in his career, but it wasn't anywhere near as entertaining as Warrior's 2 great WM matches. Batista doesn't interest me in any way, he's a complete bore in the ring, and outside of it too. His promos suck ass, and he has as much charisma as a dog's testicles. Warrior>Batista.

Warrior may be a complete ass, but no one can take away that he had 2 simply fantastic matches at WM's 6 and 7 which both told amazing stories in the ring, unlike the majority of the crap we see these days. Even though he was a shitty wrestler most of the time, he always brought a unique sense of excitement, charisma and energy to the ring. Batista on the other hand is what i like to call shit personified. He is simply a walking pile of crap. His match with Taker at WM was the only good match so far in his career, but it wasn't anywhere near as entertaining as Warrior's 2 great WM matches. Batista doesn't interest me in any way, he's a complete bore in the ring, and outside of it too. His promos suck ass, and he has as much charisma as a dog's testicles. Warrior>Batista.

John Cena is far worse t han Batista and all you do is anger Batista fans
Cena is a complete bore in the ring with 2 moves he does every fucking time
his promos suck and he has much charisma as a dog's testicles nOT BATISTA
get yoru stories straight he was in Evolution he was tag team champions and Intercontinental champion and now HeavyWeight CHamp and he ll get it back from Undertaker coz he will lose in any ppv except WM's lol you ll see

Actually Batista has never held a second tier belt in the WWE. Batista is quite possibly worse than Cena because you don't see Cena getting into legit fights with the ring Veterans. As for a choice in this I would say Warrior, just because you think his inring stuff is a gimmick, but no its real life he is that weird.

get yoru stories straight he was in Evolution he was tag team champions and Intercontinental champion and now HeavyWeight CHamp and he ll get it back from Undertaker coz he will lose in any ppv except WM's lol you ll see

Cena is better than Batista, it has to be said.Undertaker isn't going to drop the title to Bastista or anyone else any time soon, so that's out of the picture. And when was he I/C champ? I honestly think in terms of storylines/fueds, once Undertaker starts fueding with someone else other than Batista for the title, he'd need to team up with a quality partner and enter a fued, not only to be carried, but maybe to learn a bit too?

I don't know I kinda liked Warrior. At least he had a gimmick that worked. Batista now is basically just some jakked dude name Dave Batista. Plus I think Warrior's ring talent was underated because when it came time he usually was able to put on a decent match. Against Hogan, Savage, Rude.

Uh, who cares if shayx angers Batista fans? I'd be willing to stake twenty bucks that those really aren't opinions that would hold much weight in shayx's world (or mine for that matter). Batista sucks just as much as Cena does. They're both crap. That's the story. Ta-da.

The Warrior was better for his time. I think in that time period there were more cartoonish gimmick and hee had a certain mystique to him. He could really feed off the croweds energy with his movements and taunts. They should bring him back think about the pontential feuds Batista, HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Booogeyman, Flair, Khali.

Batista Fans, isn't that an oxymoron? anyway, you can't compare the two, because, well, they both sucked. i hated the Warrior when he was around, but I will give him some credit, he showed up at WM 6, unlike Batista, who shouldn't have shown up at any WM.

I think the Warrior was at least mildly entertaining, and they contained his matches to 30 seconds for the most part. Meanwhile we are stuck with 20 minute long matches of posing and powerbombing with Batista. Maybe shake the ropes a little bit. Batista was slightly entertaining, but since his feud with Triple H, you can tell the desire level is gone. He thinks because of one feud he was carried through and being in a group with Flair that he is better then everyone.

They're both duds.

I hated Warrior (die-hard Hulkamaniac), but damn if he didn't have the gimmick, you can't fault him for that. Warrior and Batista actually have showed up to play when they want to...I know you have to credit the Rick Rudes and Triple H's for that, but it still takes two to tango. I actually enjoyed the Batista-Undertaker match at Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back