Best Current Heel and Best Current Face

IHW

WZCW's Brent Blaze
Two simple Questions

Who is the best current heel between the two major companies, and why?

Who is the best current face between the two major companies, and why?

With the two major companies being WWE and TNA.
Add honorable mentions as well.
This isn't "who is the top," this is who is doing their job the best.

Note: This has probibly been done before, but i have not seen one in a while.

The best current face to me would be Zack Ryder. He made everybody like him. He didn't do anything wrong during this face run. People even felt sorry for him when he was being hurt by Kane, Cena, and Eve. He was an all around good guy that many people could like.

Honorable mentions- CM Punk, John Cena, Sting, James Storm, The Big Show, Sheamus.

The best current heel to me would be Bully Ray. He is interesting, he is entertaining, he can wrestle, he has experience. I like the thing where he points out his calves. I enjoy when he takes the microphone away from annoncers and use use of the word "freaking." He is just doing a damn good job at being a heel.

Honorable Mentions- Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Eve, Bobby Roode, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler.

Your turn.

i think Cena would be considered the top baby face as every part of his gimmick I.E the salute, the cheeky grins at the camera, the music, promos etc..... says good guy. Yes people boo, but his character is predominately aimed at making the guy look like a "hero".

As for top heel, its hard to pinpoint one but id go as far as saying that The Miz stands out, his promo and indeed ring work express the fact he is a "baddie" and he is someone people can really hate with genuine feeling.

I have only included WWE performers here as i dont follow TNA and therefore cant give an accurate summary of their heels and faces.
Also i cant understand why you have listed Cena under both headings, i can only assume that it is to do with the fact he is boo'ed by the masses, but surely 1 man can not be both heel and face?

disclaimer; i am NOT a huge cena fan, despite my justification of him

Reactions: IHW
Also i cant understand why you have listed Cena under both headings, i can only assume that it is to do with the fact he is boo'ed by the masses, but surely 1 man can not be both heel and face?

disclaimer; i am NOT a huge cena fan, despite my justification of him

Cena is a face to many people. Cena is a heel to others. I think he has made himself both, especially with this feud with The Rock. Thats why he is under both for me personally.

I would say...

Best Current Face: Randy Orton: He has had a phenomenal year involved in fantastic fueds with Punk and Christian culminating in some tremendous matches. He has also come to the stage of his career where he has began to stay out of the title picture and put others over eg Henry, Barrett, Christian and I give him massive kudos for this. His in-ring ability already excellent, has stepped up another degree as well so that his matches are amongst the best to watch in wrestling right now.

Honourable Mentions: Zach Ryder, James Storm

Best Current Heel: The Miz: This was a really tough decision but I am a huge Miz fan so that pushed him over the line for me. In spite of being slightly lost at this present moment the Miz has displayed terrific talent regularly since his main event push in WWE. He is great on the mic, underrated in the ring and has such a big character and personality that he is always capable of making an angle interesting. He draws a great response from the crowd and his title run at in 2011 was my favourite in WWE for a long time.

Honourable Mentions: Bobby Roode, Dolph Ziggler: Cody Rhodes, Bully Ray (all doing absolutely phenomenal just now and guys that have huge potential it was such a tough decision!)

Reactions: IHW
Best Face: John Cena with honorable mentions going to CM Punk and The Rock

Best Heels: Daniel Bryan with honorable mentions to Y2J and Bully Ray

John Cena for top face because well just he's been on top for years now, maybe has grown stale to the masses but lately since the feud with The Rock, things have gotten a little better.

Daniel Bryan for top heel is more a personal preference because he's the only heel who comes out and whose gimmick I hate the most. Has something to do with him just barely getting out of every scenario without getting his ass kicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back