Brock Lesnar going forwards

To the people that think this was an audible called by the Undertaker during the match, that's an understandable reaction to something so shocking. It's natural to be in denial. I remember way back at WrestleMania VI, some people thought Hogan messed up by kicking out too late because he kicked out after the three count and Ultimate Warrior wasn't supposed to win. Over time, you will come to see that this was indeed the plan all along. If it wasn't the plan, the ref would not have counted to three. We've seen it before where people don't kick out quick enough and the ref still stops their count. The delayed music was simply brilliant production by the WWE, it went along perfectly with the shock value. It's not the first time they've done this.

As to those questioning this, let's remember that it was the Undertaker's decision. Not during the match, but before it. He wanted Lesnar to end the streak. Obviously, any complaints about how he'll be gone soon or he's only a part timer are ridiculous, because we have no idea what the future will hold for Lesnar...while the WWE, of course, knows exactly what's going to happen with Lesnar. So just think, for a moment, about how silly it is to criticize this based on that you don't know and they do. In either case, again, it's the Undertaker's choice, and I for one will respect that.

As for what's next for Lesnar, I expect him to get involved in the WWE WHC title picture. If not immediately, then certainly by SummerSlam. Lesnar will be the one to take the title from Bryan. And then perhaps Rock will be the one to take the title from Lesnar, given that he not only has a rematch from his loss to Cena last year but he has a rematch from his loss to Lesnar a decade ago. But anything is possible, obviously.

I believe that someone like a Babyface Roman Reigns when he is over as a Singles competitor and judging by the way he has been booked as a record breaker, will probably be the one to get put over by Brock at Mania 31(Brock is reportedly contracted until then in his current run).

That said; I do expect Brock to challenge for Bryan's title eventually. Who wins in that feud depends on when it happens.

Everyone that thinks "Why Brock?" is missing the point.

This had zero to do with Brock, he was just the tool used. This was the most prolific wrestler in history going out on his shield, and to put MAJOR heat on Heyman.

Heyman did it, the brains behind the demise of the streak.The heat he will have now every time he speaks, the stories that will evolve from this featuring the heat of Heyman, it'll be way better then what the typical Undertaker WM match brings lately, 20 mins of his head getting stomped in, last 3 minute comeback, 5 mins of his music and urn presentation, see you next year.....

It was time, heck after 20-0 he should have hung it up.

Daniel Bryan will continue to feud with the authority, maybe getting a few more matches out of Triple H, Orton and Batista. At some point, Triple H will align with Heyman/Lesnar and have Lesnar destroy Daniel Bryan to win the Title. After ending the streak, Lesnar needs to become Champion. He needs to be as dominant as possible. Having Lesnar only compete in PPV Title defenses puts more heat on him and makes sense given that he's a legit fighter and that's what legit fighters do.

At WrestleMania 31 I think there's a good chance we'll see Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns, with Lesnar's heat being used to put over the next big babyface. But in the short term, Lesnar vs. Bryan is a money feud as well.

Now if WWE pushes Lesnar super hard going forward they still have a great opportunity to give a young guy a huge rub. Have Lesnar just tearing down people left and right (a Sheamus match would be great, he could face Batista, Cena again but win this time, Orton) to an eventual title confrontation with Bryan (which I think would be a classic, given the fact that Lesnar's matches with Cena and Punk were classics, imagine what Bryan could do). He would win the title and be champ heading into WM 31 where you could do a Bryan rematch, or have him solidify a Reigns or Cesaro. It's a great way to make a new star. Lesnar against any of these guys sounds awesome actually.

I think tonight on Raw, Lesnar is going to come out and destroy The Rock. That will set up the huge money match at Mania 31. Rewind 12 months and this was the plan until Rock got injured. Rock vs Brock is the biggest match WWE can do right now.

Going forward short term, I think we will see Brock vs Daniel Bryan and Brock vs John Cena. I wanted Brock vs Batista but it makes no sense at this moment in time. That would be a huge Summerslam match though.

I think the plan would be keep building Lesnar up as a threat to Bryan's title and have the match at SummerSlam. Or they could troll fans again by having the match on tomorrow's Raw and have Bryan lose the title to Lesnar one day after he won it AGAIN.

Personally I would like a tease of Orton vs Lesnar since I don't think these two have had a feud with other yet. This is something that is very are among main event type wrestlers. Countering the F5 into an RKO or an RKO into a F5 would look sweet.

I think the plan would be keep building Lesnar up as a threat to Bryan's title and have the match at SummerSlam. Or they could troll fans again by having the match on tomorrow's Raw and have Bryan lose the title to Lesnar one day after he won it AGAIN.

Personally I would like a tease of Orton vs Lesnar since I don't think these two have had a feud with other yet. This is something that is very are among main event type wrestlers. Countering the F5 into an RKO or an RKO into a F5 would look sweet.

I freaking agree with this. I never really thought about it until if you ever played WWE 12, when you unlocked Lesnar his 1st match Randy Orton would be at commentary and after you win the match with Lesnar, Orton comes in and RKO's him. That would be sick in real life and I have no idea why they haven't gone with this before. I actually wouldn't mind this starting off as a heel vs heel match either but it has to be the 09 heel but I feel the fans would end up turning Randy.

I freaking agree with this. I never really thought about it until if you ever played WWE 12, when you unlocked Lesnar his 1st match Randy Orton would be at commentary and after you win the match with Lesnar, Orton comes in and RKO's him. That would be sick in real life and I have no idea why they haven't gone with this before. I actually wouldn't mind this starting off as a heel vs heel match either but it has to be the 09 heel but I feel the fans would end up turning Randy.

So a man beaten by Bryan, Cesaro, Kofi, Cena in the last 2 months and a man who has just lost the belt is a credible threat to Brock Lesnar? The man who just defeated the streak?

It is going to be Daniel Bryan or John Cena next up for Lesnar.

Lesnar and Orton have had a match before on Smackdown back in 2002 where Brock squashed Randy.

I think Lesnar could feud with Daniel Bryan for a little bit. The Cena thing has already been done recently so I don't see that happening. Now that Lesnar ended the streak, they almost have to give him a run with the titles but the IWC won't allow Bryan to lose to Lesnar this quickly. With all the heat Lesnar has now, would about bringing back a face Jericho to feud with him??

Also, I could see them building towards a Lesnar-Rock match at WM 31.

The Streak was above the title for the most part anyway what's left for Lesnar to do?

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Lesnar must be the luckiest wrestler in history. He achieved all the worthy trophies in his rookie year and now achieves the last one. That was the main reason for him to leave so soon in 2004, and seems like the E doesn't learn at all:banghead:

My genuine feelings can be summarized quite easily;

- Brock seemed at first like a weird choice to break the streak. This is a man who has given the illusion that he couldn't care about the industry any less, that he will take off when he's achieved what he wants and then come back when the pay cheque is high enough.

- He probably is the only legit threat to the streak however.

- To build Lesnar properly now, they NEED more time and more appearances. Here's hoping year 3 sees Lesnar's deal change so he fulfills half or more dates that WWE do.

- Lesnar will be put over the top as a major heel from here on. Therefore he WILL win the WWE WHC.

- I think he will win this tonight on RAW against Bryan. WWE has instances of forgetting logical storyline and let's be honest, if Heyman goes to HHH saying "My monster did the impossible and now he'll get rid of your...little problem..." HHH will take it. Remember he buried the hatchet when he reintroduced Brock last year.

- Lesnar then needs to be UNSTOPPABLE. And I mean undefeatable. He cannot be beaten in any respect for minimum of a year.

That's the only way you can build a monster out of Lesnar now. Make him your top, unkillable heel, then have a "david" character come at Mania (NOT the Rock, someone more atoned and more permanent) and knock him off his perch.

I said it last night, and I'll say it again.

Brock Lesnar breaking the Streak is the "Barber Shop Window" of the #RealityEra. Shits about to get real.

I am going to Go with what Jr said - Brock will go into mania next year as champ but defend against who???

We have a full year for bryan to drop the title will probably be at summerslam. But we also have a full year to break up the sheild and build Roman Reigns. I think by mania next year Roman will have the build up he needs and the star power to take on Brock and beat him at mania 31.

Bryan got the belts its what we all wanted a happy ending to the story And The happy ending for mania.

Brock will gain the belts and no one will be able to beat him to get the belts back. We already seen HHH and Cena Vs Brock matches its time for something new.

If that doesn't happen then it will probably be Rock vs Brock at mania but if Brock has the belts going into mania what good will it do to keep the belts on him if he is still part time or for him to even drop them to another part timer. I think the Roman Reigns vs brock match would be much better and it would be giving the belts to an active talent that is damn good on the roster. Remember They said its the Reality Era now.

HHH aligns with Lesnar, takes out Bryan, Lesnar runs with the title for awhile, Lesnar turns on HHH, and then HHH has to rely on Bryan...WM31, Bryan against Lesnar...Undertaker's music hits, Bryan beats Lesnar due to the distraction. This keeps some heat on Lesnar, and doesn't completely waste the push only one year after. Plus, it sort of gives Taker some "revenge".

I, for one, am at peace with Taker's streak ending. Brock Lesnar is a legitimate beast and all-in-all it simply made sense that he would defeat an old haggered Undertaker. Not only did it make sense from that standpoint, but also from a booking standpoint, in my eyes. Brock Lesnar has just gained a level of heat that may be unprecedented. This guy just stole your dreams, that which you held dear.

What I want to ask now is what do you think we will see going forwards? Is this all a ploy to have Bryan overcome the ultimate heel Brock Lesnar, further cementing himself as king of the WWE? Is Cena going to throw his name back into the hat and try to stop the mighty Lesnar? Is this the start of a run of dominance for Brock?

Or do you think this will fizzle pointlessly and leave us all very disappointed?

Leave your opinions.

I think he's back to being the threat he was prior to his match with Cena. I don't think anything will change with Brock honestly. We may see him fight at Summerslam or Survivor Series in a one on one with somebody like Orton/Batista (world title contenders) but I don't expect anything major out of Brock like a title reign

Going forward, I think Brock will remain what he's been since he rejoined WWE: an obscenely paid, rarely seen mercenary. There's no sense getting excited about what his role will be now, because I doubt it will change.

Especially if he's done until Summerslam, the title of "The guy who ended Undertaker's Streak" will be something the announcers refer to when speaking of Brock.....and we can damn sure expect to hear Paul Heyman referring to it every time he speaks of Brock.....but nothing is gonna change as far as Brock's presence in WWE.

If we were going to be treated to more Brock than we've been seeing, I doubt Heyman would have taken on a new client immediately following WM30. For Heyman, it would be "All Brock, all the time" and that plainly isn't the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back