Calgary Region, First Round: (6) Rock and Roll Express vs. (59) Briscoe Brothers

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Rock and Roll Express

• Briscoe Brothers

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Calgary Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Calgary Saddledome.

front.jpg

rocknroll-express.jpg

6. Rock and Roll Express

Vs.

briscoe_brothers.jpg

59. Briscoe Brothers

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

I've never seen the Briscoe Brothers wrestle. I remember reading about them in PWI like ten years ago when the magazine was speculating they would come to WWE. Never happened. I don't want to sell ROH short. I know a lot of good wrestlers get their start there but after over ten years in a small regional promotion I have to wonder if it's a big fish small pond story. I'm not going to sell their ROH success short but it's not enough to go over one of the most popular and successful tag teams during the height of tag team wrestling. Ricky and Robert to round two.

One team are legends from the big leagues and one team never made it to the big leagues. Express advance.

God, I'm willing to be swayed here, but I've never really seen the Briscoes. I just never thought the Rock N' Roll Express was THAT great of a team. They had the right babyface look at the time, but outside of Morton's theatrics, there wasn't much to recommend them skill wise.

I'm going to go with RnR for now.

I've never seen the Briscoe Brothers wrestle. I remember reading about them in PWI like ten years ago when the magazine was speculating they would come to WWE. Never happened. I don't want to sell ROH short. I know a lot of good wrestlers get their start there but after over ten years in a small regional promotion I have to wonder if it's a big fish small pond story. I'm not going to sell their ROH success short but it's not enough to go over one of the most popular and successful tag teams during the height of tag team wrestling. Ricky and Robert to round two.

I think it's an attitude problem with them as to why they never got to the big show.

Anyway, the Rock and Roll Express are best when they are doing the job. Unfortunately this isn't an opponent that they are going to do that for.

RnR in a route.

Morton & Gibson won more titles than The Briscoes will ever touch. This isnt a ladder war or anything crazy & at the end of the day, R'N'R would just out wrestle the brawling ROH team. This is one of those cases where the younger more recent team would simply not go over the vast experience of a solid veteran team. I really like Jay & Mark but in a tournament of legends, you cant vote them over a legendary team.

I know the votes are closed, but this team could be the pick to win the entire thing. Longevity and teamwork go a long way here. Ricky and Robert beat any meaningful team you can think of... more than once. FIVE time NWA World Tag Team champions and if it weren't for the Rockers already being in the WWF, they would have been big stars there, too.

ROCK AND ROLL IS HERE TO STAY... AND WE AIN'T HERE TO PLAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back