Calgary Region, Second Round: (6) Rock and Roll Express vs. (27) Outsiders

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Rock and Roll Express

• Outsiders

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Calgary Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Calgary Saddledome.

front.jpg

rocknroll-express.jpg

6. Rock and Roll Express

Vs.

04.jpg

27. Outsiders

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

This match would be a 10 minute promo in the ring by Hall and Nash talking about how bad ass they are, followed by a quick schoolboy and rollup by the RnR to take the win.

Winners: Rock N' Roll Express

There, now all of the crybabies can get their wish. At least The Rock N' Roll Express mattered at some point (unlike The Nasty Boys.) Even though The Outsiders were way more popular and relevant and though I feel that there is no way in hell Hall & Nash would ever job out to these guys, I won't be the least bit upset if RNR wins it.

Well this is a tough spot. On one hand you have one of the most solid teams in wrestling who had a few rivalries that spanned promotions & included many title wins through the years. On the other hand you have one of the most popular heel teams in history who helped start a revolution & always found a way to sneak the upper hand.

I love The Outsiders & if this was a war, I would give them the win. Hall\Nash always found a way to come out on top one way or another. But this isnt a best of series. Its a one fall to a finish match where the winner moves on. Its not about who is better on the mic or who had the cooler tshirt & Nash\Bischoff are not booking this tournament. This one goes to Morton\Gibson. They were a better team for much longer, won a ton of belts, had very memorable rivalries & are one of the teams that first come to mind when you talk about legit tag teams.

The Rock 'n Roll Express take this one and leave The Outsiders to complain to the ref as they walk back to the dressing room with a victory. Sure, they may catch a beat down later on in the evening but that wont change the fact Morton\Gibson get to advance to round 3.

I would be Hall and Nash take this easy. I remember people saying in the first round that no way the fantastics would beat Luger and Sting, how the hell would the RNR beat hall and nash? Honestly, if they ever fought in any company does anyone truly believe they'd beat Hall and Nash? WWE? WCW? NWA even. Come on, The outsiders weren't the best team ever by any stretch but no way gibson and morton beat them.

Fact is that The Outsiders were far from unbeatable. They would lose, beat the guys down, complain & get a rematch which they usually won by cheating or outside help. NWO has no control over booking & they dont have a ref in their pocket here.

Hall\Nash were really only a team for half their time in WCW because XPac took over when Nash got injured and then Hall eventually turned. So in the long run this version of the team did not last very long. Their history\ friendship sometimes overshadows how we remember their time in the ring. Again, if the interference or booking was a factor, they would win the war. Problem is that this is a one off match without the influence of Bischoff.

Their kryptonite was coming up against a more solid team. Morton\Gibson are exactly that. Just like The Steiners used teamwork to beat Hall\Nash on multiple occasions, so would The Rock 'n Roll Express.

Fact is that The Outsiders were far from unbeatable. They would lose, beat the guys down, complain & get a rematch which they usually won by cheating or outside help. NWO has no control over booking & they dont have a ref in their pocket here.

Hall\Nash were really only a team for half their time in WCW because XPac took over when Nash got injured and then Hall eventually turned. So in the long run this version of the team did not last very long. Their history\ friendship sometimes overshadows how we remember their time in the ring. Again, if the interference or booking was a factor, they would win the war. Problem is that this is a one off match without the influence of Bischoff.

Their kryptonite was coming up against a more solid team. Morton\Gibson are exactly that. Just like The Steiners used teamwork to beat Hall\Nash on multiple occasions, so would The Rock 'n Roll Express.

I see what you're saying but some of the top teams in this thing (the brainbusters come to mind) where teams for a short time, and honestly I'm not disputing your logic, I agree but I don't view RNR like I do the Steiners and honestly, I don't think they would go over here, just person opinion

I see what you're saying but some of the top teams in this thing (the brainbusters come to mind) where teams for a short time, and honestly I'm not disputing your logic, I agree but I don't view RNR like I do the Steiners and honestly, I don't think they would go over here, just person opinion

Ok, then. Case closed. Sometimes the cold hard facts beat out personal opinion. I personally like Hall\Nash better, but fact of the matter is that their opponents are just a better team. The better team deserves to move on.

I think we need to stop thinking about what promoters would have done with them, and just stick to who we would think would win. Hall and Nash were talking machines. They could promo until the Second Coming, and people would still listen. Problem is that the RnR's were a great team. Go check out their work on YouTube. For the one that says the Outsiders would not job to them: It is not about them. We are choosing who would win. In that mindset, the RnRs win in 10 minutes.

I think we need to stop thinking about what promoters would have done with them, and just stick to who we would think would win. Hall and Nash were talking machines. They could promo until the Second Coming, and people would still listen. Problem is that the RnR's were a great team. Go check out their work on YouTube. For the one that says the Outsiders would not job to them: It is not about them. We are choosing who would win. In that mindset, the RnRs win in 10 minutes.

So what you're saying here is picture this as The Rock N' Roll Express Vs. Oz and The Diamond Studd?

(Still amazing the talent that WCW had that they pissed away in terrible angles...)

I'll take Rock N Roll here. They are a good babyface hero team that could take down the big bad bullies. Morton and Gibson were long time partners that always worked well together and knew what each other was thinking. They worked as a team and that would help them take down the good buddies that teamed up once in a while.

I'll take Rock N Roll here. They are a good babyface hero team that could take down the big bad bullies. Morton and Gibson were long time partners that always worked well together and knew what each other was thinking. They worked as a team and that would help them take down the good buddies that teamed up once in a while.

Pretty much my thoughts on this match. Get out of my head, Brain!

Anyway, to elaborate on Brain's post, this is a match right down RnR's wheelhouse. A dominant heel tag team that talked shit and beat up people underhandedly. Sounds like every tag match the RnR's ever come out on top of.

Picture Hall and Nash beating Morton loudly for nearly 10, hot tag to Gibson, Nash goes for a big boot, misses and goes outside. Hall looks around for his buddy, only to eat a Double Dropkick from RnR and a 3 count.

Rock N Roll is STILL HERE TO STAY; THEY AIN'T HERE TO PLAY!

Man, the R&R Express was good against bully heel teams in southern territories where the "big" guys were a little over 6'4. The Outsiders would ragdoll the Express.

The Express thrived off the other team being good enough to make their victim selling work, but their hot tag quick offense nonsense would fall quickly when Hall hit one with a Fallaway Slam or Nash knocked one out with a Big Boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back