Calgary Region, Third Round: (22) Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens vs. (26) Outsiders

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens

• Outsiders

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Calgary Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Calgary Saddledome.

front.jpg

7b4a6fa0667055b148a0da8bdb0aee65.jpg

22. Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens

Vs.

04.jpg

27. Outsiders

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

I picture Hall & Nash trying to embarrass Bockwinkel & Stevens on the mic. I'm sure they would spit out all kinds of catchphrases and have plenty of jokes. When the bell rings though the joke is on them. Bockwinkel & Stevens would give these jokers a wrestling lesson and take them apart. Some might think Bockwinkel & Stevens are just the kind of guys The Outsiders would go over but we're talking about them in their prime. They would be the two to stop the takeover. Honestly, I think Bockwinkel & Stevens take this one easily.

How in the hell did the Outsiders out vote the Rock n Roll Express? Are you out of your damn minds?! Hall and Nash were a niche tag team brought together because of their affiliation with the nWo and convenience as opposed to just being a great tag team.

Thankfully, Bockwinkel and Stevens will dispose of these shit talkers and beat them into an oblivion. I know I use the term 'old school' a lot, but these guys didn't mess around with no 'stick jockeys'. I assume that's what they'd call them.

Anyway, Hall and Nash's run should end here... well it should have ended against RnR, but with this forum, nothing surprises me. I'm surprised you guys don't have the NAO going over the Road Warriors here.

I'm gonna have a beer.

The Outsiders barely squeaked by the Rock N' Roll Express by a single vote. I'm kind of scared for what happens to Bockwinkel and Stevens in this one by virtue of that. Personally, I think Bockwinkel and Stevens would tie the Outsiders in knots...again, you have to look at both teams in their primes, and the Outsiders didn't really have much of one, when you get right down to it. Heenan's guys would slow this match down to crawl and ground the big men. Frustration in not being able to steamroll their opponents would be the Outsiders undoing. But I'm afraid that most people just don't remember Nick and Ray.

Winners: Nick Bockwinkel and Ray Stevens

Notice how all the comments here are voting for Bockwinkel and Stevens, yet the Outsiders are ahead by quite a bit here.

Can anyone state a case for Hall and Nash moving on here?

Notice how all the comments here are voting for Bockwinkel and Stevens, yet the Outsiders are ahead by quite a bit here.

Can anyone state a case for Hall and Nash moving on here?

I think a lot of it is now boiling down to "Oh I know these guys!"

The only defense one can give for their vote for The Outsiders is that they are politicking their way right to the final bracket.

I think a lot of it is now boiling down to "Oh I know these guys!"

The only defense one can give for their vote for The Outsiders is that they are politicking their way right to the final bracket.

Yup. Of both guys, Bockwinkel is the most likely to be remembered but only by a few who remember him late in his career as AWA champion. I'm sure even fewer remember Ray Stevens.

It all comes down to familiarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back