Championship Region, Sixth Round: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (4) Bruno Sammartino

Who wins this match?

• Hulk Hogan

• Bruno Sammartino

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a sixth round match in the Championship Region. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Damage carries over from the fifth round and is based on the score of the previous match.

new-meadowlands-metlife-stadium.jpg

hulk_hogan_sex_tape.jpeg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

play_e_sammartino_400.jpg

#4. Bruno Sammartino

Polls will be open for six days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This match would be either Face vs Face or Hogan would be the heel. Either way Bruno comes out on top. Hogan had a big time face vs face match against Warrior and got pinned clean as a whistle on a stage just as grand as this one. Bruno and Warrior have their similarities, but, Bruno is stronger and faster than Warrior was and also has a better track record in the big time showdowns.

If Hogan came out in the Black and White his chances would increase slightly due to having the nWo ready to go at a moments notice. Bruno would still be the favorite here though seeing as how he made a career out of destroying top heels. Not to mention the fact that Hollywood Hogan lost a lot more then the Hulk Hogan of the 80's did.

Vote Bruno

Hogan. Look, Bruno was top of the bill at WWWF when it was the biggest promotion in the North East United States, and he was huge in that region forever. Hogan was top of the bill when WCW was the biggest promotion in the entire United States and when WWF was the biggest promotion in the world. I don't think it comes down to any more than that. Bruno drew huge numbers in a market that the McMahons already dominated, Hogan drew huge numbers there and took them to pastures new.

Again, the venue gives a lot of leverage to Bruno.

Also he since damages carry, Bruno is fresher having squashed Santo. Hogan had a closer matchup with Taker. Let's not forget that boys.

I think this will be a Face Vs Face affair and Hogan hasn't really done that well.

Stats coming soon.

SUPER-EDIT:

[YOUTUBE]aQ9lYaq_lp0[/YOUTUBE]

A gem. An absolute gem! With a fantastic finish. Bruno in his twilight so to speak, but still his movement, and his connection with the fans is fantastic.

I think this one goes to Bruno. One of the things we have to consider here is the fact that each man carries damage over from the past round. Bruno absolutely squashed El Santo, where Hogan was in a war where he barely survived the Undertaker.

Hogan's the biggest star in the history of this business. Bigger and better then Bruno. But he's quite vulnerable here, and he's facing one of the all-time greats who suffered no damage whatsoever. This is where Bruno's power would take over. He'ld have no trouble getting Hogan into a hammerlock, and having softened him up more, he applies the Bearhug until Hogan passes out.

Hogan wouldn't quit here, and even broken and bloodied, he'ld have that comeback moment where he'ld no-sell and give his fans a glimmer of hope. But a glimmer is all it would be. It's such a hard match to predict, and a close one. Both men did clean jobs next to never in their primes. The difference is that Hogan did his against a face, the Ultimate Warrior, and Bruno's biggest losses were against top heels Ivan Koloff and Billy Graham(although not a clean win).

This is Bruno's region, and despite Hulkamania being popular everywhere during Hogan's run on top, this may be the one area where Bruno's popularity would eclipse Hogan's. I think this combined with the extensive damage done to Hogan by Undertaker, and this being Bruno's region, I see this as a Bruno win.

Man I wanted to see Hogan win the tournament this year, but after having a dog fight with Taker I think Hogan is going to come into this match to beat up to win. Bruno squashed El Santo, and I think that is going to be the difference maker in this match. Bruno has home field and he is fresh. I have to vote Bruno here.

Bruno is not more popular here. Anyone that thinks Hogan can't/won't hulk up because he just had a close match is a moron. Hulk isn't tapping out and I think Bruno usually won with the bear hug. Hogan wins in a match that the IWC pans for being boring as fuck in spite of the audience having a lot of fun.

Hogan wins. The only advantage that Sammartino has is, based on the voting last round, he is the fresher of the two. Bruno was, for the most part, a regional star. That region was the northeast but Hogan still has him in popularity. He has him in regional popularity, national popularity, and global popularity. When it comes to in ring work, go watch a Bruno Sammartino match. I know it was a different era, but goddamn if a Bruno match doesn't put you to sleep there's something wrong with you. Hogan isn't exactly known as a ring technician but he was still known for putting on a good show and he has had some all time memorable matches. The only thing more boring then Bruno in the ring, was Bruno on the mic. Hogan easily has him in that regard.

Bruno does have him in total number of days as world champion but part of that is again the difference in era. Hogan in the 80's still had one reign just shy of 1,500 days, he also had two other reigns in the WWE of 364 and 248 days respectfully. Plus Hogan had 6 WCW world titles and had reigns with that title of 469 and 359 days. At the end of the day Hogan is only 678 days behind Bruno in terms of days as champion and with the difference in eras that is damn impressive.

Bruno was no doubt a legend but he falls to Hogan. The match is closer then expected because Bruno is fresher but Hogan is just flat out better and more popular then Bruno. Hogan advances.

Not sure who will get the win here. I really can't see a face Hogan tapping out but Bruno can still wear down Hogan with the bear hug.

This one should be another good war for sure. Someone convince me of why I should give my vote to Bruno because I'm leaning towards Hogan and would rather not vote for him.

How THE FUCK do you guys figure Bruno would have the homefield advantage? Uh, goddamn Hulkamania? Rock N Wrestling? Fucking Wrestlemania? All of that shit grew out of the tri state area and MSG. I would say its just as much Hogan's building. You can tell me how many times in a row that Bruno sold out MSG, but that was WWE's home territory back in those days. Thats like saying Jerry Lawler sold out Memphis more times than Hogan, or that The Von erichs cold out the Dallas sportatorium more times. Well no shit!!

Its down to power game, and no one, NO ONE beats primed Rock N Wrestling Hulk Hogan in the power game.

How THE FUCK do you guys figure Bruno would have the homefield advantage? Uh, goddamn Hulkamania? Rock N Wrestling? Fucking Wrestlemania? All of that shit grew out of the tri state area and MSG. I would say its just as much Hogan's building. You can tell me how many times in a row that Bruno sold out MSG, but that was WWE's home territory back in those days. Thats like saying Jerry Lawler sold out Memphis more times than Hogan, or that The Von erichs cold out the Dallas sportatorium more times. Well no shit!!

Thank you NorCal.

If you were the face of the WWE for any period of time then you obviously can't be counted out by location in the NY area. Hogan is not El Santo here. He can count on being booked just as strong in this, the most sacred of WWE stronghold areas, as anyone else including Bruno.

As such, Hogan gets the win here. While Bruno layed the groundwork for the Hogan's and Cena's that would follow, as the Superman-strong-booked-babyface face of the company, he was definitely surpassed by Hogan.

Bruno was the man as the transition of northeast territory to national brand was being imagined, but as such, is still the last great "territory-era" star of the company. Hogan was the first true face of the company as it exploded into a national brand.

Hogan was who Wrestlemania was built on. He was the first true merchandising monster. The Hulkamania movement, the Rock 'n' Wrestling phenomenon, the movie roles, etc. Bruno can't match that kind of exposure.

It was a great run for Sammartino, but Hogan is a worthy stopping point for him to bow out.

Yeah, for those touting a "homefield advantage" for Bruno at MSG (which, I guess means it will be the same at MetLife?): He has roughly a .810 winning percentage compared to Hogan who has roughly a .770. Doesn't seem like much of an advantage if you ask me.

I think it was fitting that Bruno came out of his region, but I really think that Hogan is the guy who goes over in the world-wide kind of stage. He is still the most recognizable professional wrestler in the history of the world, and he is the draw for the big main event...the biggest match that the world would EVER know...Hogan v. Cena.

In terms of stamina...well, it doesn't really matter for Hogan. Hogan draws off the energy of the Hulkamaniacs who will be going nuts when Hogan is in the Bear Hug showing no signs of life. It will be a battle, and Hogan will need to take his vitamins and say his prayers...but Hogan comes out on top in the big time matches against the big powerful guys.

Hogan...for the aforementioned reasons.

This is pretty close but ultimately I'm going with Bruno because of the previous matches. Bruno walked over Santo while Hogan had a highly suspicious late win in a war with Taker.

I can't see how Hogan wins here. I just can't. Here's why.

First of all, while everyone in this generation wishes a prime John Cena could wrestle a prime Steve Austin, the previous generation was wishing that Hulk Hogan could wrestle Bruno Sammartino. We all know it would be an all-out WAR in every way, shape in form. Whoever won this match would need to be conditioned, powerful, resilient, and would probably barely squeak out the win.

That is, if both wrestlers were fresh.

Hulk Hogan barely got by the Undertaker. (I'm still in amazement in how that actually happened, considering that the Taker has defeated Hulk Hogan TWICE. I could care less about the dusty finishes. Hogan would NEVER have himself booked to lose a clean match in this century. But I'm not opening that can of worms again. Hogan is here, Taker is not. End of story.) But he must have taken some major damage in that match. So much that he'd have lots of trouble with Bruno. These men, regardless of the "invincibility of Hulkamania," are as evenly matched as you could believe. Whether it was a 3 year or 8 year reign, these guys are two of the longest reigning title holders in history for good damn reason. But if one of the men go into this match with injuries sustained from their previous one, they cannot win. That's where Bruno has the edge.

In this absolute DREAM match, because of previously sustained damage, Hogan is going to fall. Sure, in typical fashion, he'd probably leverage a loss full of TONS of controversy, but ultimately, Bruno wins.

Fresh Bruno vs. Tired Hogan, gotta go with Mr. Fresh in this match.

Bruno wrestled a long match but dominated the match not to mention him wrestling an hour match is like clockwork for Bruno, wrestling multiple hour matches in one night is also something has done numerous times. Hogan wrestling an hour happened rarely if ever (I can't recall it ever happening) and just got finished a long war with The Undertaker which means Hogan isn't feeling too good walking into this match.

All of Hogan's tricks such as strength and feeding off the crowd are things Bruno does as well and Bruno is one of the few guys that can overpower Hogan when he's fresh let alone when he's probably strapped to an oxygen tank before he walks through the curtain. Hogan in any situation will make the match interesting but Hogan isn't unbeatable and in a situation where he's against another top WWE face, a man who has drawn a shit load of people to buildings, and a guy who is fresh on top of that there is no way Hogan can Hulk up, hit the boot, drop the leg and keep Bruno down for a 3 count, its just won't happen in this situation.

If Hogan got through Taker easily I would definitely take him but he's didn't, he's beaten down, he's tired, he's facing a guy on equal footing when it comes to business (well not really but then again Bruno didn't have the advantages Hogan had for moneymaking so here we are) and a guy who would have a legit chance of beating Hogan while he's fresh. Hogan you just aren't in the position to win this one.

BRUNO!

The "Bruno is fresh" argument is not only his only argument but also an overrated one. There have been multiple tournaments where the more tired superstar comes out victorious because he was simply better. 1993 KOTR: Bret Hart has a 10 and half minute match and a 19 minute match before the finals. Bam Bam has a 5 minute match followed by a bye. Hart still won in the finals. Wrestlemania 4: Savage and Dibiase fight about the same amount in the first two rounds but Dibiase gets a bye to the finals while Savage has another match. There was also only one match in between Savage's semi final and final match, yet Savage still won.

Just because Bruno actually has ONE thing in his favor because of the previous round, it certainly is not a strong enough advantage to give him the victory.

The "Bruno is fresh" argument is not only his only argument but also an overrated one. There have been multiple tournaments where the more tired superstar comes out victorious because he was simply better. 1993 KOTR: Bret Hart has a 10 and half minute match and a 19 minute match before the finals. Bam Bam has a 5 minute match followed by a bye. Hart still won in the finals. Wrestlemania 4: Savage and Dibiase fight about the same amount in the first two rounds but Dibiase gets a bye to the finals while Savage has another match. There was also only one match in between Savage's semi final and final match, yet Savage still won.

Just because Bruno actually has ONE thing in his favor because of the previous round, it certainly is not a strong enough advantage to give him the victory.

While these are very good arguments, (no matter how much I love these guys personally,) DiBiase and Bam Bam are not on the same level as guys like Hogan and Bruno. DiBiase and Bam Bam were notorious for always losing the "big one" and the KOTR and WM4 tournaments were perfect examples of such.

Bruno and Hogan held the world titles for YEARS at a time. You don't get to that level without a bit of resiliency. The damage done to Hogan was by a former world champion and one of the greatest big men in history. And now Hogan has to step into the ring with (arguably) the greatest champion of all-time in his prime. The way I see it, Hogan's only way to victory is for perfect health and a perfectly executed game plan. Going into this match after going 15 rounds with the Deadman is far from perfection.

I wasn't comparing Bam Bam and Dibiase to Hogan/Sammartino, I was merely showing that how "fresh" someone is in a tournament doesn't always lead to a victory. Considering I see this as Sammartino's only advantage over Hogan in this match, that one thing won't allow him to overcome the fact that Hogan trumps him in basically every other category.

Suffice it to say, Bruno has had a tremendous run in this years tournament, due in no small part, I suppose, to his WWE HOF induction. Sammartino was WWE's first great mega face champion, and is deserving of all accolades that are coming his way. Here, though, he is up against, quite simply, the greatest professional wrestler in the history of the business. It's been said by myself and others before, but it bears repeating; No one single wrestler changed the face of the business like Hogan did. He was its all time greatest box office draw, he ruled two major companies, and did this for twenty years and both as a heel and a face. The physical similarities, and the booking similarities between Bruno and Hogan are quite close, but at the end of the day, who was the bigger star? Hard to argue against Hogan for this one. I have always been a fan of Sammartino, but Hogan gets the nod here, it sets him up for what should be the ultimate showdown, he and Cena in the finals.

I have changed my mind on this one. Initially I was going to vote for Bruno based on Hogan being weakened in the last round. Then I got to thinking. Hogan lost clean once in his true prime to the Warrior, and that was an attempted passing of the torch. Watching Hogan in his prime makes me think there is no reason why he wouldn't Hulk up and put Bruno away just like he did everyone else. Even in a weakened state this is a match he is going to win, and it also could possibly set up the dream finals of Hogan vs Cena. I just can't think of any reason not to vote Hogan.

Bruno wins an all out war here.

I'm a huge 80's Hulkamania fan. I loved Hulk Hogan and all he stood for and loved it when he posed and flexed and celebrated his wins.

Bruno made a name for being dominant. He's the longest reigning champion in the WWE's history and was billed as someone who could bend steel and just flat out beat you half to death.

Hogan's a great wrestler, too. He never had to use that in the States, but in Japan, he could wear you down on the mat. Then again, many have tried to wear down Bruno and it never came to pass.

Also damage does count for something. Bruno squashed Santo and Hogan escaped Undertaker by the hairs on top of his head. A nearly fresh Bruno vs. a worn down Hogan just doesn't sound like a win to me.

Vote Bruno.

I really hate to vota against Sammartino, the man was an absolute warrior and would have beaten almost anyone else. But this is Hulk, and Hulk in his prime on just this type of match, he seemed down and out and all the cards were stacked against him, then he Hulks up, drops a leg and advances.

Thats just how Hulk's matches went.

Vote Hulk.

Just My Opinion

Hogan never did job for very many people; that said he has the perfect excuse to drop one here.

Santo squashed by Bruno while Hogan took the entire Undertaker arsenal and barely squeaked out.

This match would be a powerfest and spot-monkey fans wouldn't like it...but Bruno wouldn't win by submission...rather, I see the ending working like this;

after 12-15 minutes of 80% Bruno offense and Hogan selling like Hogan did...Hogan would get caught in the bearhug, then, Hogan would be on the verge of passing out, only to Hulk up and escape; but, after whipping Bruno into the ropes and hitting the scoop slam, Hogan wouldn't lack the energy to get the leg drop...both would struggle to their feet and Bruno would apply another bear hug...Hogan would pass out, not tap, Bruno would release the bearhug and pin Hogan dead in the middle of the ring.

1-2-3. Bruno wins, sorry Hulk.

I am thrilled to see Sammartino go so far this year. In years past he has lost some matches I questioned. While I could accept his loses to Thesz and Race in the previous two years he has lost twice to Booker fucking T. If that isn't the biggest joke ever nothing is.

Part of me is a little sad at the fact that I believe a lot of this success has to do with his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame rather then on his accomplishments themselves. I hate to think that he will fail to do well in later tournaments. Still, beggars can't be choosers.

This is an interesting matchup as it is the man who built the WWE vs the man that followed. Both are great champs who represented the company well, where great draws and wrestled in big matches. But still, when comparing the two Hogan just doesn't stack up.

Sammartino was a 2 time World champ for a total of 4040 days.
Hogan is a 14 time world champ for a total of 3373 days.
Advantage Sammartino.

Sammartino is the second biggest draw in wrestling history, only behind Jim Londos.
Hogan is fifth behind Londos, Sammartino, Lou Thesz and Bill Longson.
Advantage Sammartino.

Sammartino was in great shape, is arguably the strongest wrestler ever, has never been linked to drugs, fought constantly for better health conditions for wrestlers and to this day still works out for hours everyday.
Hogan was in great shape but has fallen apart, is a comical shell of himself and has been linked to drugs.
Advantage Sammartino.

Sammartino, through hard work and dedication, became a national and global star. He would defend his title in the northeast, Canada, the Midwest in the old WWA territory, California, Mexico, Austrailia and Japan. This without cable television, PPVs or Vince Jrs pocketbook.
Hogan was a national and global star because he was pushed to the moon by Vince Jr and his big bucks.
Advantage Sammartino, but this one is close.

Sammartino twice saved the WWWF from closing. In the 1960s afte it floundered with Rogers as champ and in the 70s when he came back early from a broken neck because closed circuit tickets fell horribly shy of what was needed and Vince Sr was going to lose everything. This was at Shea stadium during the Inoki/Ali match.
Hogan helped take the WWF to incredible heights( along with Vince Jr ), but the company was always strong. You could argue he help raise WCW, but since he also buried it...
Advantage Sammartino.

Sammartino was a selfless worker who often put the sport before himself.
Hogan not so much.
Advantage Sammartino.

Sammartino was so great and over that Vince Jr worked out a deal to bring Sammartino out of retirement while in his 50s. During this time he routinely dominated such stars as Randy Savage, Honkytonkman and Roddy Piper, whom Sammartino beat cleanly in a cage match.
Hogan left, after a screwy finish in 1993, and Vince Jr didn't try to stop him. He brought him back in the early 2000s as a novelty act.
Advantage Sammartino.

Hogan often told us to say our prayers.
Sammartino had a private audience with The Pope. And while I can't prove it I have it on good authority that during that meeting Sammartino pinned God.
Advantage Sammartino.

Sammartino has been a devoted husband and a loving family man.
Hogan...
Advantage Sammartino.

While both are in the WWE Hall of Fame and in The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in Amsterdam, New York; Sammartino is in the Italian/American Sports(not wrestling) Hall of Fame, The International Sports Hall of Fame and is on the MSG Walk of Fame.
Advantage Sammartino.

Sammartino has received the Key to the City for Jersey City, New Jersey. Should help with the hometown crowd. Oh, this happen recently, not years ago.

Sammartino has had a CBS documentary done on him. It was a weekly show showcasing Sports stars.
Hogan had a cartoon.
Advantage Sammartino.

Sammartino was noted for being a hard consistent work who would often wrestle 28 out of 30 days a month.
Hogan has long been criticized for his easy schedule, even in the 80s.
Advantage Sammartino.

Following the rules of this game: Sammartino squashed Santo while Hogan won a grueling match with the Undertaker.
Advantage Sammartino.

If you look at it in an intellectual way, understanding exactly what each man achieved and how they did it then the obvious choice is Sammartino.

If you get a happy woody eating your Mr T cereal watching Hulk Hogans cartoon in your Hulk Hogan underoos...

I am thrilled to see Sammartino go so far this year. In years past he has lost some matches I questioned. While I could accept his loses to Thesz and Race in the previous two years he has lost twice to Booker fucking T. If that isn't the biggest joke ever nothing is.
Agree about Bruno losing to Booker T. That's absurd.

Part of me is a little sad at the fact that I believe a lot of this success has to do with his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame rather then on his accomplishments themselves. I hate to think that he will fail to do well in later tournaments. Still, beggars can't be choosers.
It makes sense, as his induction is a way to inform the current people who Bruno is. Don't be sad about it, as the people who vote in this were not around when Bruno was on top (myself included).

This is an interesting matchup as it is the man who built the WWE vs the man that followed. Both are great champs who represented the company well, where great draws and wrestled in big matches. But still, when comparing the two Hogan just doesn't stack up.
And here is where we disagree. Hogan built WWE/WWF. Bruno was the face of the WWWF.

Basically, Bruno was the top guy for Vince Sr. and Hogan for Vince Jr. Vince Jr. took the regional company of Vince Sr. and built a Global Empire.

Sammartino was a 2 time World champ for a total of 4040 days.
Hogan is a 14 time world champ for a total of 3373 days.
Advantage Sammartino.
Given the era in which Hogan was champ, it is arguable that Hogan has the advantage. Hogan was on TV defending in high profile matches with more regularity, and was defending a national championship, instead of a regional one like Bruno.

However, I will give you this one.
Sammartino is the second biggest draw in wrestling history, only behind Jim Londos.
Hogan is fifth behind Londos, Sammartino, Lou Thesz and Bill Longson.
Advantage Sammartino.
This is completely subjective. And based on the fact that Hogan wrestled in front of MUCH larger crowds, I'd say Hogan was a bigger draw. The largest audience Bruno was in front of was Mania 29 when he was introduced with the Hall of Fame class.

Sammartino was in great shape, is arguably the strongest wrestler ever, has never been linked to drugs, fought constantly for better health conditions for wrestlers and to this day still works out for hours everyday.
Hogan was in great shape but has fallen apart, is a comical shell of himself and has been linked to drugs.
Advantage Sammartino.
This is virtually irrelevant when it comes to who would win the wrestling match with both men in their primes.

Sammartino, through hard work and dedication, became a national and global star. He would defend his title in the northeast, Canada, the Midwest in the old WWA territory, California, Mexico, Austrailia and Japan. This without cable television, PPVs or Vince Jrs pocketbook.
Hogan was a national and global star because he was pushed to the moon by Vince Jr and his big bucks.
Advantage Sammartino, but this one is close.
1. It was with Vince Srs pocketbook that made Bruno do all that he did.
2. Hogan took Vince Jrs vision and made it what it became. He deserves a ton of credit for what WWE became.

This isn't Sammartino's and you know it.

Sammartino twice saved the WWWF from closing. In the 1960s afte it floundered with Rogers as champ and in the 70s when he came back early from a broken neck because closed circuit tickets fell horribly shy of what was needed and Vince Sr was going to lose everything. This was at Shea stadium during the Inoki/Ali match.
Hogan helped take the WWF to incredible heights( along with Vince Jr ), but the company was always strong. You could argue he help raise WCW, but since he also buried it...
Advantage Sammartino.
So Bruno saved a regional promotion twice. Hogan built a GLOBAL promotion (WWE) and a NATIONAL promotion (WCW). Again, how is that Sammartino?

Oh, and Hogan main eventing WrestleMania saved WWF/WWE. If he wasn't there, the PPV fails and the company is done.
Sammartino was a selfless worker who often put the sport before himself.
Hogan not so much.
Advantage Sammartino.
Again, completely irrelevant for this instance. Even though you are accurate in your statement, it has no bearing on who would win a match between the 2 in their prime.

Sammartino was so great and over that Vince Jr worked out a deal to bring Sammartino out of retirement while in his 50s. During this time he routinely dominated such stars as Randy Savage, Honkytonkman and Roddy Piper, whom Sammartino beat cleanly in a cage match.
Hogan left, after a screwy finish in 1993, and Vince Jr didn't try to stop him. He brought him back in the early 2000s as a novelty act.
Advantage Sammartino.
Irrelevant. Both men were past their primes.

Also, Hogan retired (Vince can't control that) and went to the competition, nearly put WWE out of business, then went back to WWE and won the championship, which Bruno didn't do when he returned. And given the steroid trial, having Hogan back would not have been smart.

Hogan often told us to say our prayers.
Sammartino had a private audience with The Pope. And while I can't prove it I have it on good authority that during that meeting Sammartino pinned God.
Advantage Sammartino.
Hysterical, but irrelevant to the topic at hand. Besides, God would only interfere for one person, his tag team partner, Shawn Michaels. Even then probably not, since God walked out on him in his only match.

Sammartino has been a devoted husband and a loving family man.
Hogan...
Advantage Sammartino.
Completely irrelevant again, even though it's accurate.
While both are in the WWE Hall of Fame and in The Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in Amsterdam, New York; Sammartino is in the Italian/American Sports(not wrestling) Hall of Fame, The International Sports Hall of Fame and is on the MSG Walk of Fame.
Advantage Sammartino.
Say it with me. Completely irrelevant again, even though it's accurate.

Sammartino has received the Key to the City for Jersey City, New Jersey. Should help with the hometown crowd. Oh, this happen recently, not years ago.
Considering about 0.001% of the audience would be from Jersey City, New Jersey, this is irrelevant. Even then, just because the lead politician in a city honors someone, that doesn't mean everyone will love him.

Sammartino has had a CBS documentary done on him. It was a weekly show showcasing Sports stars.
Hogan had a cartoon.
Advantage Sammartino.
So a weekly show showcasing Sports stars did an episode on Bruno. That's awesome. Of course this was during his career I bet, back when wrestling did not admit to being predetermined.

You want to know what IS impressive?
HOGAN6.jpg

If you look at the date on that Sports Illustrated cover, you will notice it say April 29th, 1985. This was AFTER professional wrestling was confirmed to be not legit sport. No other professional wrestler has EVER been on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Other impressive Hogan facts:
He hosted SNL (only wrestler to do it is The Rock), he was in countless movies (they sucked, but still). He was literally the title cartoon character in a Saturday morning cartoon. You act like this is nothing. This is a MASSIVE deal, even if the show was crap.

Sammartino was noted for being a hard consistent work who would often wrestle 28 out of 30 days a month.
Hogan has long been criticized for his easy schedule, even in the 80s.
Advantage Sammartino.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Completely irrelevant, even if it's accurate.

Following the rules of this game: Sammartino squashed Santo while Hogan won a grueling match with the Undertaker.
Advantage Sammartino.
Hey, a statement that I actually agree with. Bruno has the advantage here. That doesn't mean he will win, but that he is fresher.

If you look at it in an intellectual way, understanding exactly what each man achieved and how they did it then the obvious choice is Sammartino.
Or Hogan, based on his accomplishments in a shorter time blowing Bruno out of the water.

If you get a happy woody eating your Mr T cereal watching Hulk Hogans cartoon in your Hulk Hogan underoos...
Or I actually look at the 2 people and come to the conclusion that the greatest professional wrestler in the history of the business would win this match, and his name is HULK HOGAN.

Besides, the Mr. T cereal is ridiculously past it's use by date (I didn't even know one existed, if it did), finding episodes of the cartoon is not very easy, and not only do I not own Hulk Hogan underoos, I wouldn't fit into childrens underoos if I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back