Cringeworthy programing

Brandon

Dark Match Jobber
This corona virus has changed everything when it comes to our everyday lives. That includes our sporting and entertainment events. Watching both smack down and Raw this week I just couldn’t stop cringing at how weak the program as awhile has become.

I know it’s rough with no audience, but this just shows the impact the live crowd has on a program. I also tuned into AEW, yet oddly enough I didn’t cringe at all.

now I’m not some AEW fanboy in the slightest. I enjoy both companies at the same tone, but I feel AEW has more of a maturity factor when it comes to their programing. Listening to the Guys and gals in wwe it sounds like they’re starting day one in training again. That being said it isn’t their fault ( it’s the writers and Vince)

donyou guys think Awww should take a more mature approach with some of their storylines in order to save from the cringe factor with no audience ?

I think WWE should take a more mature approach period, with or without an audience, the WWE was at its peak during the attitude era and ruthless aggression era. All 10 of the 10 highest rated WWE programs were between 1999-2002. I think WWE really needs to do some self-evaluation and be like "Oh wow maybe our program is just better as TV-14 instead of PG." Wrestling, I personally want all the mature and edgier content from back in the day. I want more promo's that end in brawls or more brawls period, I want some blood shed, I want people to be able to cuss each other the fuck out. I wouldn't exactly say no to a Diva shaking her ass or flashing her tits every once in a while either but that's not really a top priority. I just want the things that made the attitude era and ruthless aggression era so great. Back stage antics, brawls, blood and just overall edgier content, pretty sure fans have been crying for this for years. Hence why the WWE ratings and viewership has been steadily dropping since the birth of the PG era. That's just my personal opinion though I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I always said the biggest Mistake Vince made for making his company a publicly traded company. I know he's making a lot more money that way but at the same time he lost to freedom he once had as far as the creative process was concern. Now because of so many outside factors, he's forced to have this squicky clean product that won't offend anybody and it shows even more now with those empty arena shows. If these would have happened in the 90's, Vince would have put wrestlers and production peoples in the stand and the presentation would be a lot different and the wrestlers would have more freedom to do what they want to do, similar to what AEW is doing right now. But because, they don't have that freedom anymore, they go with a PG show where everything is overproduced and it'S just plain boring, Similar to what Bischoff had to endure with WCW management in the 90'S. That's why they can't change anything and go too mature anymore. Personally, i would love to see the company going back to their glory years of the late's 80's where everything was still PG but the performers had a lot more freedom in how their characters where presented. They don't really need their product to be more mature, they just need to let the performers be themselves.

I always said the biggest Mistake Vince made for making his company a publicly traded company. I know he's making a lot more money that way but at the same time he lost to freedom he once had as far as the creative process was concern. Now because of so many outside factors, he's forced to have this squicky clean product that won't offend anybody and it shows even more now with those empty arena shows. If these would have happened in the 90's, Vince would have put wrestlers and production peoples in the stand and the presentation would be a lot different and the wrestlers would have more freedom to do what they want to do, similar to what AEW is doing right now. But because, they don't have that freedom anymore, they go with a PG show where everything is overproduced and it'S just plain boring, Similar to what Bischoff had to endure with WCW management in the 90'S. That's why they can't change anything and go too mature anymore. Personally, i would love to see the company going back to their glory years of the late's 80's where everything was still PG but the performers had a lot more freedom in how their characters where presented. They don't really need their product to be more mature, they just need to let the performers be themselves.
You make a very strong and valid point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back