Does the draft spell the end for factions?

VinnieSunshine

The lord of darkness
I was reading in another thread abut the draft, but nobody brought this point up...
DOES THE DRAFT MEAN THE END FOR NEXUS & THE CORRE??

Since The Corre have moved over to Smackdown, they dont seem as dominant, same with Nexus vs Randy Orton. Its almost as if they have run their course. We have seen it before where the draft has broken up tag teams...so why not factions? The tag line for the draft is "no one is safe"

So what happens if say, Gabriel was moved over to Raw and Mason was moved to Smackdown? If the draft causes members to move shows, what happens to each faction then? Its not possible, but what would happen if Punk or Barrett were moved?

Do you think WWE would move members of the factions and break them up?

Who would you want to see moved from either Nexus or Corre?

Who would you want to replace any member that MAY get moved?

The way the factions are going so far, i would enjoy to see them break upbecause of the draft. i am not being mean but they have been directionless for weeks. Months for the nexus. I would like to see the faction members go on singles to tell the truth and see how they do by themselves.

I was reading in another thread abut the draft, but nobody brought this point up...
DOES THE DRAFT MEAN THE END FOR NEXUS & THE CORRE??

Since The Corre have moved over to Smackdown, they dont seem as dominant, same with Nexus vs Randy Orton. Its almost as if they have run their course. We have seen it before where the draft has broken up tag teams...so why not factions? The tag line for the draft is "no one is safe"

So what happens if say, Gabriel was moved over to Raw and Mason was moved to Smackdown? If the draft causes members to move shows, what happens to each faction then? Its not possible, but what would happen if Punk or Barrett were moved?

Do you think WWE would move members of the factions and break them up?

Who would you want to see moved from either Nexus or Corre?

Who would you want to replace any member that MAY get moved?

I don't think so, remember the WWE version of the NWO? Once hogan turned face they had the draft and the remaining members stayed on the same brand. Is WWE going to do the same thing? I don't know, but since Nexus just returned on Raw it would be stupid to break them up.

I wish it was possible for David Otunga to get drafted to Superstars so I wouldn't have to see him on either Smackdown or Raw. He is so horrible.

Seriously though, I guess I'd like to see Corre broken up as a result of The Draft so that Barrett and Gabriel can go out on their own. Could really care less about Slater and Jackson.

Do you think WWE would move members of the factions and break them up? yes they would move David otunga and Ezekiel Jackson
Who would you want to see moved from either Nexus or Corre otunga and jackson
Who would you want to replace any member that MAY get moved? no one both groups had there run no its over

Yes for me it does the draft is a beautiful way of splitting up groups it seems the Corre will be shaken up and i think Mayson Ryan will go to Smackdown unless they want to work a program with Him and Randy Orton. I haven't thought however for replacement for these men.

Yes this will break up and Of course I want Maysohn Rayan to leave Nesus and head to smack down so his ring work could be giving a fair shake and some improvement. On the Corre side i think Big Zeke should fied with wade for the IC title the could swap it a few times.

If not from the draft, very soon after. We know the Corre has trouble within itelf. If you look at Raw last night, Mason pushed Mcguillicutty and Otunga away which got them mad, and Ryan got mad at Punk. So maybe and hopefully, but either way, it will happen soon.

Yes for me it does the draft is a beautiful way of splitting up groups it seems the Corre will be shaken up and i think Mayson Ryan will go to Smackdown unless they want to work a program with Him and Randy Orton. I haven't thought however for replacement for these men.

Yes this will break up and Of course I want Maysohn Rayan to leave Nesus and head to smack down so his ring work could be giving a fair shake and some improvement. On the Corre side i think Big Zeke should fied with wade for the IC title the could swap it a few times.

Wow.. break out the WWE Dictionary to get the names right. It's MASON RYAN and NEXUS.

But to be on topic, I think the factions have both been teasing splits in the last couple of weeks with the friction between Gabriel/Slater and Wade Barrett, and then this week with Nexus. The draft should and I think will split both factions up. I would love to see what Gabriel/Slater can bring to the table without having Wade backing them up. I'm not impressed with Mason Ryan. The comparisons to Batista are valid, and that's not a good thing. CM Punk doesn't need Nexus, Nexus needs CM Punk to be relevant IMO.

The members of the Corre hold alot more credibility and potential than the members of Nexus. I think both will be split but have a feeling The Corre will last it on the singles front, with barrett having his IC title, and Gabriel & Slater with the tag belts it only leaves big zeke. But Ithink zeke will be ok , I have more faith in wwe using him than I do in them using anyone from the new nexus.
Also, I was reading an article on wwe.com which hypes the feud between orton and punk at extreme rules, and the bottom line of the article says
"Will the coiled Viper sink his fangs into Punk yet again? Or will the self-aggrandizing Punk earn a tainted victory with the help of his New Nexus cronies?"
With the wwe even referring to them as cronies rather than individuals like the members of The Corre are , I dont think the future of the New Nexus is bright, and I don't think its bright for any of the members in a singles career. I would say they might be sent back to fcw , or suffer when it comes to the wwe making major releases and cutting down the roster, later in the year.

I'd say that it's possible. The WWE has never really been big on factions generally speaking. They've typically been more interested in creating singles stars, especially over much of the past decade, and most of the guys that make up most factions are usually just there as supporting characters. The members of The Corre are exactly that to Wade Barrett just as Nexus currently is with CM Punk.

I expect Wade Barrett to wind up on Raw and for Sheamus to be traded to SmackDown!. It's not uncommon at all for the mid-card titles to switch brands each year and I fully expect the IC title to come back to Raw. Without Wade Barrett, there generally is no Corre. And, truth be told, Barrett heading to Raw might be the best thing at this point for Gabriel & Slater. It'll give them a chance to shine on their own out of Barrett's shadow, or it'll show that they're just not good enough to be where they are and sent packing back to FCW or released altogether.

I feel it may at least spell the end for both, in my opinion I think it would be better for wade barrett in the long run, he is current intercontinental champion and could become a mega heel it would not make any sense to bring him back over to raw as he has only been on smackdown for a few months. What is the point of doing drafts now anyway when wrestlers jump shows all the time take for example edge. In terms of nexus I would say yes, the nexus storyline has been running for nearly a year and has gotten monotonous , I feel punk is good with the nexus but a split would be better in the long run for the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back