The 2017 Draft

I'd like to see Charlotte get drafted to Smackdown, and Nikki Bella come to Raw. It feels like there's nothing else for Charlotte to do on Raw right now. I want to see Sasha Banks go heel and get a proper title run on Raw.

Nikki would give a heel Sasha a fresh feud after she's done with Bayley.

I think both brands need tag champs but you could do women's division on raw and put the cruiserweight division on smackdown. That would make sense. And will all the ladies on one show you could probably even create a women's tag titles as well.

My wholesale changes would be this though if they didn't do ladies on 1 brand.

Raw - Cena, Ambrose, Nakamura, Uso's, Kalisto, and Asuka
Smackdown - Cesaro, Rusev, Balor, The Club, The Revival, & S. Banks

Post Mania storylines
Raw - (New GM - Kurt Angle) - the Angle/HHH/Steph dynamic would be interesting for sure!!!
* THE SHIELD REFORMS AND TAKES ON ALL COMERS
* Paul Heyman forms a monster group (Owens, Joe, & Stroman)
* Lesnar turns tweener and feuds with Heyman's guys
* Asuka and Charlotte start a lengthy program
* Nakamura opens every Raw for the 1st few months and chases the US Title

Smackdown
* The Club vs. The Wyatt Family
* Sasha Banks becomes the face of the Smackdown ladies brand
* Alpha vs. Revival start a lengthy tag feud
* Corbin, Cesaro, Miz, & Rusev feud over I-C Gold

● I would only allow FIVE Superstars on either side to be drafted.
● It would be 2 Male Superstars, 2 Female Superstars and 1 Tag team.
● Champions are exempted from being drafted.
● This particular draft would happen on the post-Mania RAW(for SmackDown to make their picks) and post-Mania SmackDown(for RAW to make their picks).

RAW: (AJ STYLES, the MIZ w/Maryse, CARMELLA, MICKIE JAMES, HARPER & ROWAN)

SmackDown: (ROMAN REIGNS, SAMI ZAYN, PAIGE°, EMMA, the NEW DAY)

Note- °I am assuming that Paige returns rather than leaves when she finally recovers, ntm, I have heard rumours of her possibly getting cleared around April.

Also, I don't think a Full roster draft needs to happen so soon. That can wait till next year or even two years as WWE need to get good storylines going rather than using the easy way out and just switching up people to make things seem fresh.

Something else, does anybody else find the concept of randomized draft picks ridiculous? I mean, it can't really be considered a draft because the GM's don't even get a say in who comes over to their shows. More like a draft lottery (which I think they may have actually called the later ones, if so ignore that point...). If they are hellbent on the draft, which I think they are, the GM's should be able to pick maybe 5 or 6 people/teams (excluding champions) and there should be a set concept. Maybe 3 males, two females, a tag team, and an NXT pick for each side. That way at least the draft label makes sense, the draft shows seem more legitimate, and it seems like the GM's are, you know, the actual authority figures of their respective brands. Of course, they can tinker with the idea and mix it up in terms of how many tag teams or women they pick, but I definitely think the randomized crap has to go.

As for who I'd send over, of course assuming all picks are not champions at the time:

To Raw: AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Luke Harper, Becky Lynch, Mickie James, The Ascension, Shinsuke Nakamura

To Smackdown: Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Sasha Banks, Dana Brooke, Enzo and Cass, Tye Dillinger

The draft I would make it similar to the 2004 WWE Draft Lottery format; 6 picks for each show and there is a 12 am midnight trade deadline but the picks for each show are as follows:

To RAW

AJ Styles
Randy Orton
The Miz w/Maryse
Shinsuke Nakamura (from NXT)
Alexa Bliss (diva draft pick)
Kalisto

To Smackdown Live

Roman Reigns
Charlotte (diva draft pick)
Rusev w/Lana
Tye Dillinger (from NXT)
Sami Zayn
Cesaro

If the draft does take place, it needs to have a few things. I think we can all agree that champions should be exempt.

The Smackdown roster should be at Raw for the draft, and vice versa on Tuesday. Each show makes its "picks" at their own show. That way each show gets its own draft special. Smackdown isn't a B show anymore, so it has to be this way.

The picks must be Kayfabe random, otherwise it'll defy logic why Smackdown's first pick isn't Lesnar or another top guy. The draft is exciting for the casuals, but it's a headache for hardcore fans when it doesn't follow logic.

Maybe there doesn't need to be a draft at all. What about a free agency week, or even a trade window? That way there's something fresh.

The fewer draft picks, the better. Shuffling the roster by having half switch isn't all that exciting. The early drafts where only six changed were very interesting.

It's too soon to reunite the Shield, although it would do wonders for Roman's crowd reaction.

The draft has to take place sooner than later. Post-Mania in April might be too soon, as there may yet be storylines to close. The soonest we'll see the draft will be late May early June.

The shouldn't break up teams if they're not planning on doing anything with them. The draft breaking up Sin Cara and Kalisto made no sense as neither were pushed as singles. Breaking up The APA back in 04 did nothing for Farooq, although he was at the end of his in ring career.

If I was in charge, and I don't care what makes sense or what the nerds of the IWC want because I am a Raw man. I don't enjoy Smackdown as much and will only casually watch that and flick through a lot of it but I understand that the shows need to keep a little balance...

To RAW

Main Event - AJ Styles
An 'A-Player' needs to be on the A show. This guy has it.

Mid Card - Baron Corbin
I like this guy and that little bit more exposure on Raw could really help him progress to the next level.

Tag Team - Luke Harper/Erick Rowan
Put them back together and send them over to Raw and they could group up with Strowman.

Womens - Mickie James
I like staring at her.

NXT - Tye Dillinger
Not seen a lot, good pop at the Rumble and meant to be talented. Solid midcarder maybe.

To SMACKDOWN

Main Event - Seth Rollins
Feel Smackdown is better suited to him. He is a little lost in the shuffle at the top of Raw.

Mid Card - Sami Zayn
Not a big fan of this guy. Zero personality but a good wrestler. Smackdown better suited.

Tag Team - Cesaro/Sheamus
I like Cesaro but feel he will prosper better on Smackdown. Sheamus also a solid mid/main carder.

Womens - Sasha Banks
She needs separating from Charlotte and new feuds.

NXT - Shinsuka Nakamura
Smackdown best suited to hone his skills then make the way over to Raw after a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back