General Draft Discussion

why the fuck did ecw get 1 draft pick?

Because there the "C" Show. Smackdown and RAW were in trouble with new feuds and some fresh stars whereas ECW is only for superstars breaking through the ranks, so therefore RAW and Smackdown have the prority of the Draft picks.

Plus RAW and Smackdown are in desperate need of an increase to their ratings thats why they got the draft picks and ECW didnt. But ECW did deserve a couple more mid-carders like the likes of Carlito, Lance Cade, Haas ect so they did get the raw end of the deal. But still RAW and Smackdown needed it way more....

i know that a lot of fans didn't like the Draft this year but for me i think that it was one of the best draft the WWE ever produce and for once they all the draft pick made sense.

First Raw got Rey Mysterio who is a former world heavyweight champion and could feud with guys like jericho and HBK and maybe Cena.

Then they got C.M. Punk but the interesting with this pick is that if he doesn'T work out on Raw and isn't able to raise to the challenge of being a upper card player on Raw, they could always switch him back to ECW or Smackdown by using the money in the bank contract as a way to get him back on either brand. And the casual fans actually love this guy.

Then they got Kane which i don'T understand really why Kane is back on raw but am guessing that he going to be in a mid-card feud with JBL after losing the ECW title to big show.

Finally Batista is a very good pick for RAw. Batista is still one of the most over guy in the WWE and casual fan actually want to see a feud between Cena and Batista and i'm guessing that we might just get it very soon.

ECW only got Matt HArdy but the way ECW is going right now, Matt Hardy will fit right in since ECW as become the wrestling show of the WWE and with CM Punk Leaving the brand, ECW need a really good wrestler to take his place.

Now Let talk about Smackdown, First they got Jeff HArdy. HArdy is another guy that is on the verge of becoming of main eventer but the fact that this is his last chance before getting fired, i think that the WWE is a little bit scared of putting him in the main event picture but even with all that i still think that having HArdy Move to smackdown will be a good for him and in the end he might be given the chance to run with the ball and become world champion.

Umaga going to smackdown isn't that great but smackdown need another big HEel and Umaga will be the number 2 heel on smackdown. If they are smart they could use him as a unofficial bodyguard for La familia.

Mr. KEnnedy going back to smackdown is great in more ways then one. First the guys is talented and if he doesn'T make any big mistake outside the ring or get injured the guys is a future main eventer. The first thing i thought when he got draft was that eventually, they are going to give us a feud between Mr.Kennedy and Edge and it was apparent when last night Kennedy came out and said to edge that he was comiong for him. Plus these 2 go history together since it was last year that edge took the money in the bank briefcase away from Kennedy only to leave raw to go to smackdown and win the world title so you know that Kennedy will want revenge for that.

Finally the biggest draft pick of them all, HHH going to smackdown. Again with TAker gone, Smackdown needed a veteran wrestler on the brand so having HHH on Smackdown is a great move because it give the feel that Smackdown is has good as raw. Secondly that give HHH a chance to feud with guys that he never feud against before the first being Edge which should be a very interesting feud.

Now i know what your thinking, Smackdown got HHH and Undertaker on their brand. THat what the magic of the undertaker storyline come in to play. Taker was banded from the WWE after One Night Stand, so now when he decide to return, he could just go to another brand without really any problem because he going to be a free agent. So i wouldn'T be surprise to see Taker on Raw at some point.

Finally i didn'T really talk about to J.R. and Micheal Cole trade because i just think that this was made just to say that nobody was save from the draft.

I am genuinely suprised to see people saying this was a botched draft and what not... and in response to so many of the responses which are like.. why did this happen? this is stupid etc... my response is how so????

So many positives came out of this Draft, Triple H needed to leave RAW. People had grown too comftable and things had gotten really stale lately on all 3 shows. JR and the King simply had to split up in my opinon. Jim Ross will not be around for ever and by making Cole move up to the A show I think it shows WWE is finnaly ready to move on and move forward... so many diffrent angles can happen from what the draft produced alone. Kennedy has a chance to regroup, he'd have got forgotten on RAW. All 3 titles could end up on RAW after NOC as well as MITB. More importantly by bringing Orton out and reminding us of himself as well as the whole Jericho/ Cade vs HBK segment I think this 3 hour draft truly showed just how much talent WWE has at its disposal. The fact ECW only got one draft doesnt matter... I feel like Tazz is ready to lead ECW in a battle or recruit from Smackdown and Raw and take its future in to there own hands.

The Vince angle has so many possibilitys and was not stupid in the slightest for me... I for sure will be watching all the WWE shows this week and am sure many other fans will as well.

Best DRAFT ever!!!!

It seems to me, from reading alot of the draft responses on the main site and on these forums, that JR leaving RAW is the biggest surprise. Alot of the posts are about how dumb of a move it is, while some agree with the move.

This is probably the same case with me. I think the JR move is just as shocking as seeing Triple H move, because I thought he would never leave RAW.

I am genuinely suprised to see people saying this was a botched draft and what not... and in response to so many of the responses which are like.. why did this happen? this is stupid etc... my response is how so????

So many positives came out of this Draft, Triple H needed to leave RAW. People had grown too comftable and things had gotten really stale lately on all 3 shows. JR and the King simply had to split up in my opinon. Jim Ross will not be around for ever and by making Cole move up to the A show I think it shows WWE is finnaly ready to move on and move forward... so many diffrent angles can happen from what the draft produced alone. Kennedy has a chance to regroup, he'd have got forgotten on RAW. All 3 titles could end up on RAW after NOC as well as MITB. More importantly by bringing Orton out and reminding us of himself as well as the whole Jericho/ Cade vs HBK segment I think this 3 hour draft truly showed just how much talent WWE has at its disposal. The fact ECW only got one draft doesnt matter... I feel like Tazz is ready to lead ECW in a battle or recruit from Smackdown and Raw and take its future in to there own hands.

The Vince angle has so many possibilitys and was not stupid in the slightest for me... I for sure will be watching all the WWE shows this week and am sure many other fans will as well.

Best DRAFT ever!!!!

I can't speak for anybody else, but the reason I call it a botched draft is because the draft has three essential goals in mind: freshen things up, push new talent, and balance out the shows to make them more entertaining. But they screwed themselves over with some of their choices.

For instance, "freshen things up". A lot of people say "HHH was stale on Raw, Batista was stale on Smackdown"...but does the logo really matter when you move half the roster with them? On Raw, the entire year was dominated by feuds between Cena, HHH, Orton, JBL, Hardy, HBK, and Jericho, correct? Raw loses HHH and Hardy. That means we'll have to sit through even more Cena/Orton, Orton/HBK, Cena/JBL. That's not fresh at all. Also, we'll see Umaga continue to be squashed by Jeff Hardy and Triple H. We've seen that for the past year. Granted we have a few people that can feud that couldn't before, when you bring Batista, Mysterio, and Punk into the mix, but really, how good are they? Is Cena/Punk going to be a main event feud people care about? Does anybody REALLY want to see Kane/Mysterio? Or what about Punk/JBL? Give me a break. This year just SCREAMS that it'll be Cena holding the title for months on end, that way he can feud with Batista, JBL, Orton, Jericho, and a possible Punk heel turn, and everyone can start hating Cena when he was finally getting some pops again. As far as the midcards go for all three shows, not a single one of the midcarders moved, so we won't see any changes in "freshening things up". We'll continue not to see Elijah Burke at all, we'll have Deuce and Domino on the same show despite breaking up but having nowhere to make any names for themselves, Carlito will continue jobbing instead of going on ECW where he could make a difference, etc.

Then for "push new talent" aspect. When you've got the Undertaker, Edge, and HHH on Smackdown, you have zero room for Jeff, Kennedy, MVP, or Umaga to move up to the main event. So they'll be stuck in the same position they were last year: upper midcard. Unless of course the WWE says "well we lost Matt Hardy in the midcard, so I guess we'll demote these four and make them the midcard division. People will like Jeff Hardy versus Palumbo, right?" The only way that Edge will not just be screwed out of his main event spot is if the Undertaker moves away from Smackdown, which kills their storyline, but if HHH really wants to turn heel like he said, do you think he's going to let Edge be the dominant heel instead of him? No chance. And where's Umaga and MVP fit in the heel hierarchy on Smackdown, then? Nowhere.

"Balancing out the shows". Who does ECW have now? They have John Morrison who should be pushed to the main event on Raw or Smackdown but he won't be now as bigger names will shun him away. They have Shelton Benjamin who can't figure out a way to get over. And they have Matt Hardy, who hasn't even proved himself worthy of a decent US title feud after winning it, so he can't carry the brand. Kane moves the ECW title over to Raw with him, so if Big Show wins at NoC, he'll be on RAW, not ECW. Makes no sense. So we have Smackdown now with way too many main event guys and no midcard (sound familiar, ala how Raw was before), Raw with way too many midcarders and the main event consisting of the same 4 guys we've seen fighting for a year (sound familiar, ala how Smackdown was before), and ECW with absolutely nobody except one guy who should be pushed farther (Morrison), and three "solid midcarders that aren't in the upper midcard yet" (Shelton, Miz, and Matt Hardy).

The draft would have made much more sense if even a few little things had changed. For instance, if you want to push Jeff Hardy or Kennedy, why put them on Smackdown with guys that won't be leaving the main event anytime soon to give them a chance? Since Raw is lacking in main event people now, Kennedy staying on there would've helped push him greatly. An ECW move to Jeff Hardy would've given them a solid main event guy that could carry the belt a long time convincingly and help ratings. Smackdown is the more kid-friendly show, so why not move Cena there instead of Triple H? That would give us the potential for some feuds we haven't seen before (HHH/Kennedy, Cena/Undertaker, Cena/MVP). No women are drafted, so we won't be seeing Mickie/Natalya, Melina/Victoria, Michelle/Beth or anything different, we'll just be stuck seeing even more of Cherry/Maryse and such.

Know what I mean? The draft had the potential to move around so many people that would've benefited, but unless they have some major plans in effect (and that they're much better than that pathetic injury angle that took place with Vince) then the way I look at it, we have the future stars that needed pushes will be going nowhere, the feuds at the top we've seen 100x will continue, the midcarders will fight the same people they've been fighting for a year now, ECW will be more than a bore, and Raw will look as if all their stars are out on injuries and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel by having something like Punk/Mysterio to fill in the gaps that aren't dominated by a year-long Cena reign which nobody wants to see again.

After looking over the draft and where the wrestlers went, I'm led to believe that SD! won the draft. I believe they came away with tons of star power and with the wrestlers who were carrying tons of momentum.

HHH(champion, one of the biggest stars in the company), Edge(champion, probably the biggest heel), Kennedy(tons of momentum), Jeff Hardy(tons of momentum), Umaga(great in-ring worker, great heel), MVP(potential), and JR(best commentator in the biz)

I think RAW came away good, but not with the same star power roster as SD!.

John Cena, Batista, Orton are the biggest stars right now in the main event picture and Orton is injured. Micheals and jericho are in the middle of a fued and I can't see Rey and CM in the title picture. Maybe Kane, but I don't think so.

As for ECW, they did get a mid-card title, but at the expence of their own title and their two biggest stars.

"Balancing out the shows". Who does ECW have now? They have John Morrison who should be pushed to the main event on Raw or Smackdown but he won't be now as bigger names will shun him away. They have Shelton Benjamin who can't figure out a way to get over. And they have Matt Hardy, who hasn't even proved himself worthy of a decent US title feud after winning it, so he can't carry the brand. Kane moves the ECW title over to Raw with him, so if Big Show wins at NoC, he'll be on RAW, not ECW. Makes no sense. So we have Smackdown now with way too many main event guys and no midcard (sound familiar, ala how Raw was before), Raw with way too many midcarders and the main event consisting of the same 4 guys we've seen fighting for a year (sound familiar, ala how Smackdown was before), and ECW with absolutely nobody except one guy who should be pushed farther (Morrison), and three "solid midcarders that aren't in the upper midcard yet" (Shelton, Miz, and Matt Hardy).

first of all, if i understood correctly, the match for the ECW title between KAne and Big show is still happenning and for what i understand, they said that if big show won the match the title came back with him on Smackdown so i don'T i think you didn't listen when they talk about that situation. As far as John Morrison being push to the main event level, i think that it would be a terrible idea to push him to the main event level, the only reason the guys is over right now is because of him being team up with the miz, If you split these to guys up you get the same old run of the mill cocky heels. JOhn morisson is a mid card guy and will always be a mid card guy simply because of the gimmick he'S got. Also i got to say that ECW is on the verge of cancellation anyway so am pretty sure that by june next year every ECW superstar will be put on either smackdown or raw and that why ECW got shafted last night.

Know what I mean? The draft had the potential to move around so many people that would've benefited, but unless they have some major plans in effect (and that they're much better than that pathetic injury angle that took place with Vince) then the way I look at it, we have the future stars that needed pushes will be going nowhere, the feuds at the top we've seen 100x will continue, the midcarders will fight the same people they've been fighting for a year now, ECW will be more than a bore, and Raw will look as if all their stars are out on injuries and they're scraping the bottom of the barrel by having something like Punk/Mysterio to fill in the gaps that aren't dominated by a year-long Cena reign which nobody wants to see again.

Let's face the future of the WWE that your talking about isn'T happening for a long time. They try to push Jeff HArdy to the main event level at the beginning of the year and just when he was about to be a main event player, he screws up and get suspended. Mr Kennedy was another guy that was supposed to be a main event start. Vince wanted to make him a main eventer last year but just when he was about to become one, he gets injured but after a couple of months of he came back and Vince try it again push him and try to make him a main eventer again, then kennedy got suspended and to make matter worst he embaressed the wwe by lying about not talking drugs on live t.v twice. So these 2 guys who should have been the future are lucky to still be in the upper mid card area. Has far as the future star going nowhere, what future stars? All i see is Main eventers like HHH and EDge, trying to make guys like jeff hardy and MVP look good and trying to help them become main eventer and i still think that will be the case even after the draft. HAs far as your opinion on RAw scrapping to bottom of the barrell with Cm punk and REy mysterio, i got to disagree with this since i see Punk has the future of the buiness. Also if the is two guy that are as over as jeff hardy is right now it's Punk and Mysterio so having them on raw does make sense.

Just to close out this reply, i'm sure that i'm not that only one the wouldn'T mind seeing Cena getting another long title reign. And the fact that he got new guys to work with will make it even more existing, so in my opinion, if the draft result stays the same, i think that it's going to be a exiting year.

Some valid points, but some other ones that I have to disagree with.

You say John Morrison, Jeff Hardy, and Kennedy are career midcarders that shouldn't be pushed, (and that Morrison is only good because he's with Miz, who I think most people would agree has done better by teaming with Morrison, not the other way around). Even if Hardy and Kennedy screwed up big pushes in the past, that doesn't mean the WWE has completely given up on them. In fact, Kennedy was given a major face push by feuding with Regal (which Regal screwed up) and Hardy has been consistently booked as being two steps away from the main event for the past 6 months. Its clear that they're still big on these two. But even if they're not ready for the WWE or WHC titles, I mentioned moving them to ECW, which right now has nobody to contend for a main event spot. Will they leave Hardy, Kennedy, Umaga, and MVP off a ppv card and have Matt Hardy vs Armando Estrada instead?

Big Show keeping the ECW title on Smackdown if he wins, I must have missed that part, but even so, why does the WWE want the ECW title on Smackdown but the US title on ECW?

And "bottom of the barrel" for Punk and Mysterio...you can't possibly say Punk is as over as Jeff Hardy is. Mysterio is a good balance, yeah, but the problem with him is that he's never been a main event guy. He won the WHC a while back due to an Eddie Guerrero death jetpack on his back, then only held it for about 3 months before going down to feud with Chavo and never reaching that peak again. Ever since then, Rey's been more along the lines of upper midcard who nobody ever expects to win the main event match as he never does. He's, in essence, Mark Henry. He'll win smaller matches constantly but when push comes to shove, he'll never win the big one. I think he'd make an EXCEPTIONAL Intercontinental champion, possibly one of the very best choices they could have for it, but you don't make someone like Mysterio be one of the people you rest a brand's shoulders on as he's barely big enough for a steel chair. Punk has supposedly been pissing off a lot of people backstage, isn't getting as much of a reaction, hasn't been winning most of his matches lately and was the last minute replacement for Hardy's Money in the Bank. If they were serious on pushing him, wouldn't he be showcasing his abilities and winning matches instead of jobbing to Miz?

Lastly, Cena's reign. True, me saying "nobody" wants to see it again is overstepping the line a little, as Cena does still have fans. But do you remember how horribly Cena was getting booed when he was reigning WWE champion for a year? He's only just now starting to win some people over, and that's most likely because he isn't being pushed as the unstoppable champion. If he becomes WWE champ and is the only draw they have, feuding with the same people as he's feuded with before (Orton, JBL) then look for the boos to come roaring back tenfold.

So while Raw and Smackdown give us a very marginal amount of new feuds that may or may not be properly executed (Cena/Jericho, HBK/Punk, Cena/Batista, Jeff/Edge, Kennedy/Edge, Undertaker/Umaga) they also give us the same old, same old (Cena/Orton, JBL/anybody, Jeff/Umaga, HHH/Umaga) or things that most likely won't matter at all (Big Show/nobody on ECW).

first of all, if i understood correctly, the match for the ECW title between KAne and Big show is still happenning and for what i understand, they said that if big show won the match the title came back with him on Smackdown so i don'T i think you didn't listen when they talk about that situation. As far as John Morrison being push to the main event level, i think that it would be a terrible idea to push him to the main event level, the only reason the guys is over right now is because of him being team up with the miz, If you split these to guys up you get the same old run of the mill cocky heels. JOhn morisson is a mid card guy and will always be a mid card guy simply because of the gimmick he'S got. Also i got to say that ECW is on the verge of cancellation anyway so am pretty sure that by june next year every ECW superstar will be put on either smackdown or raw and that why ECW got shafted last night.

Let's face the future of the WWE that your talking about isn'T happening for a long time. They try to push Jeff HArdy to the main event level at the beginning of the year and just when he was about to be a main event player, he screws up and get suspended. Mr Kennedy was another guy that was supposed to be a main event start. Vince wanted to make him a main eventer last year but just when he was about to become one, he gets injured but after a couple of months of he came back and Vince try it again push him and try to make him a main eventer again, then kennedy got suspended and to make matter worst he embaressed the wwe by lying about not talking drugs on live t.v twice. So these 2 guys who should have been the future are lucky to still be in the upper mid card area. Has far as the future star going nowhere, what future stars? All i see is Main eventers like HHH and EDge, trying to make guys like jeff hardy and MVP look good and trying to help them become main eventer and i still think that will be the case even after the draft. HAs far as your opinion on RAw scrapping to bottom of the barrell with Cm punk and REy mysterio, i got to disagree with this since i see Punk has the future of the buiness. Also if the is two guy that are as over as jeff hardy is right now it's Punk and Mysterio so having them on raw does make sense.

Just to close out this reply, i'm sure that i'm not that only one the wouldn'T mind seeing Cena getting another long title reign. And the fact that he got new guys to work with will make it even more existing, so in my opinion, if the draft result stays the same, i think that it's going to be a exiting year.

John Morrison is probably the best wrestler the WWE has, all he needs to do is to work on his mic skills. He's a HBK in the making. Shawn Michaels "Bret Michaels gimmick" John Morrison "Jim Morrison gimmick" He got the biggest pop at wrestlemania doing the moonsault with the ladder off the top. I know I was there. But like i said all he needs is better mic skills. CM Punk is the future of this business? CM Punk Sucks. everyone booed him at wrestlemania when he won the MIB. No one wants to see a straight-edge ****** win the title. I hate CM Punk with a passion. If i ever see the world title and the name CM Punk written in gold on it...I will put a bullet in my head. Rey Mysterio to RAW was stupid. Only Smackdown fans like him. AKA 5-15 YEAR OLDS!! Hopefully Jeff Hardy can fix that problem since hes now on Smackdown. Maybe some more glow in the dark paint might do it for him. Thats all i have to say.

-PC-

Some valid points, but some other ones that I have to disagree with.

You say John Morrison, Jeff Hardy, and Kennedy are career midcarders that shouldn't be pushed, (and that Morrison is only good because he's with Miz, who I think most people would agree has done better by teaming with Morrison, not the other way around). Even if Hardy and Kennedy screwed up big pushes in the past, that doesn't mean the WWE has completely given up on them. In fact, Kennedy was given a major face push by feuding with Regal (which Regal screwed up) and Hardy has been consistently booked as being two steps away from the main event for the past 6 months. Its clear that they're still big on these two. But even if they're not ready for the WWE or WHC titles, I mentioned moving them to ECW, which right now has nobody to contend for a main event spot. Will they leave Hardy, Kennedy, Umaga, and MVP off a ppv card and have Matt Hardy vs Armando Estrada instead?

Big Show keeping the ECW title on Smackdown if he wins, I must have missed that part, but even so, why does the WWE want the ECW title on Smackdown but the US title on ECW?

And "bottom of the barrel" for Punk and Mysterio...you can't possibly say Punk is as over as Jeff Hardy is. Mysterio is a good balance, yeah, but the problem with him is that he's never been a main event guy. He won the WHC a while back due to an Eddie Guerrero death jetpack on his back, then only held it for about 3 months before going down to feud with Chavo and never reaching that peak again. Ever since then, Rey's been more along the lines of upper midcard who nobody ever expects to win the main event match as he never does. He's, in essence, Mark Henry. He'll win smaller matches constantly but when push comes to shove, he'll never win the big one. I think he'd make an EXCEPTIONAL Intercontinental champion, possibly one of the very best choices they could have for it, but you don't make someone like Mysterio be one of the people you rest a brand's shoulders on as he's barely big enough for a steel chair. Punk has supposedly been pissing off a lot of people backstage, isn't getting as much of a reaction, hasn't been winning most of his matches lately and was the last minute replacement for Hardy's Money in the Bank. If they were serious on pushing him, wouldn't he be showcasing his abilities and winning matches instead of jobbing to Miz?

Lastly, Cena's reign. True, me saying "nobody" wants to see it again is overstepping the line a little, as Cena does still have fans. But do you remember how horribly Cena was getting booed when he was reigning WWE champion for a year? He's only just now starting to win some people over, and that's most likely because he isn't being pushed as the unstoppable champion. If he becomes WWE champ and is the only draw they have, feuding with the same people as he's feuded with before (Orton, JBL) then look for the boos to come roaring back tenfold.

So while Raw and Smackdown give us a very marginal amount of new feuds that may or may not be properly executed (Cena/Jericho, HBK/Punk, Cena/Batista, Jeff/Edge, Kennedy/Edge, Undertaker/Umaga) they also give us the same old, same old (Cena/Orton, JBL/anybody, Jeff/Umaga, HHH/Umaga) or things that most likely won't matter at all (Big Show/nobody on ECW).

he didn'T say that Jeff Hardy and mr kennedy will mid carder for life, i'm just saying that it's going to take time for vince to trust them completly, Kennedy is already starting his road back to the main event spot and is move to smackdown might given him to momentum he need to get to the next level. Has for Big show bringing the belt back to smackdown, let face it with the smackdown/ecw open door policy they got going right now, if big show win the belt he probably going to wrestle mostly on ECW anyway until he lose the belt to somebody from ECW so having the belt on smackdown isn't going to be that big of a problem, same thing goes for the u.s belt, eventually, the belt will go back to smackdown. True i think that John morrison will be a career mid carder for the simple fact that he doesn't have the natural charisma that some of the other up and comers got. Sure he's decent on the mic and he one of the most talented guy on the roster but at the same time if it wasn't for Chris benoit killing himself, the guys would still be a lower card superstar and even after he won the ECW championship last year, he still look like a mid carder but since losing the belt and being team up with miz, suddenly, the guys is midly interesting and the fact is, miz and morisson are the hottest thing going on WWE.com right now so why break up a good thing. If you want John Morisson to actually make it as a main eventer, he's going to need a charisma transplant as fast because even with all the talent that he'S got, he's still boring to watch.

I can't speak for anybody else, but the reason I call it a botched draft is because the draft has three essential goals in mind: freshen things up, push new talent, and balance out the shows to make them more entertaining. But they screwed themselves over with some of their choices..
Likewise I can't speak for anyone else but here are my opinions on the whole thing... bareing in mind I am ridiculously in love with WWE and RAW in particular so I always try to find good even in even I know things aren't going well, however after Monday I thought what the show did more than anything was show just how much talent WWE has to offer rite now. The main event alone: Cena, Triple H, Cm Punk, Batista, Kane, Big Show, Great Khali (yeah he cant wrestle but he is a force and a great character) Jeff Hardy, Edge, Chavo, Matt Hardy, Morrison, Miz, MVP. Randy Orton whose promo was epic and has got me typed for his return was another highlight... even Mark Henry is impressing me of late... some people will disagree but to me the WWE in terms of talent is in the best state it has ever been... look at the attitude era, the majority of matches where like mosh and thrasher etc... the only reason ppl were watching was to see the main guy Stone Cold, before the draft I dont think anyone could be that main guy... things in the main event picture were stuck in a rut.

For instance, "freshen things up". A lot of people say "HHH was stale on Raw, Batista was stale on Smackdown"...but does the logo really matter when you move half the roster with them? On Raw, the entire year was dominated by feuds between Cena, HHH, Orton, JBL, Hardy, HBK, and Jericho, correct? Raw loses HHH and Hardy. That means we'll have to sit through even more Cena/Orton, Orton/HBK, Cena/JBL. That's not fresh at all. Also, we'll see Umaga continue to be squashed by Jeff Hardy and Triple H. We've seen that for the past year. Granted we have a few people that can feud that couldn't before, when you bring Batista, Mysterio, and Punk into the mix, but really, how good are they? Is Cena/Punk going to be a main event feud people care about? Does anybody REALLY want to see Kane/Mysterio? Or what about Punk/JBL? Give me a break. This year just SCREAMS that it'll be Cena holding the title for months on end, that way he can feud with Batista, JBL, Orton, Jericho, and a possible Punk heel turn, and everyone can start hating Cena when he was finally getting some pops again. As far as the midcards go for all three shows, not a single one of the midcarders moved, so we won't see any changes in "freshening things up". We'll continue not to see Elijah Burke at all, we'll have Deuce and Domino on the same show despite breaking up but having nowhere to make any names for themselves, Carlito will continue jobbing instead of going on ECW where he could make a difference, etc..
HHH wasn't stale on RAW, he is stale in general, his entrance is too long, his humour has become repetetive and he has had the same gimmick for way to long without even trying to update it, yet he was always the main guy, having him as champion on RAW did nothing for no one. He didn't need the title to be over but people like Randy Orton, Batista, Cm Punk, Kane and Cena to an extent do... I for one. Personally this year doesnt scream that Cena will hold the title for months, I peronally see another Orton era before the year is out, I see Cm Punk get a shot at it and maybe even win it.. and sure those matches you book do seem lame but what about matches like Michaels vs Punk, Punk vs Jericho, Kane vs Cena, Jericho vs Mysterio, Orton and Batista as a tag team and then opponents, Orton vs Punk... id watch those matches... Smackdown has Triple H vs Edge, a match I would love to see... and hell Edge Vs Jeff Hardy has the potential to be a modern classic!!! Edge vs Umaga and Umaga Vs Big Show...and even I forget KENNEDY!! he could have a great feud with edge or Triple H... who cares what the mid card is doing, right now the main event matches are better than they have been in ten years! IT definitly wasnt that way before the draft... ECW not getting people doesnt bother me, its a breeding ground, ECW makes it's own stars, Kofi, Evan Bourne, Morrison and the Miz are four of the best young wrestlers in the entire WWE.. die hard ECW fans should not be worried, I expect a revolt storyline where Tazz, Tommy D and perhaps a returning Heyman or RVD try and break ECW away from the WWE mould.

Wow these posts would make Will proud.

While I'm impressed with the draft, the title scene is just confusing now. We have the top two titles on SD, the US on ECW (which is a good idea to me as that's about what it is already), and the ECW title on Raw. With Kane being the ECW champion, I suppose that this would make him the Raw champion for now. While I definitely don't see this being the situation much longer, as either Batista or Cena will win Sunday and bring their titles home to Raw, I like where this could be going. It's definitely mixed things up for the most part. WWE has to do this once in awhile to mix stuff up, as we've seen these matches so many times. I for one will for sure be going to the Raw house show in July now, so if nothign else Vince has gotten my $20.

What does everyone think about the supplemental draft?

I think that Carlito will be drafted to either Smackdown or ECW.
I think Kelly Kelly might move to RAW, although I think it's possible she could go to Smackdown! and be a contender for the Diva's Championship (by the way ... whatever happened with that? It was announced like four weeks ago.)
I would love to see Snitsky go away... forever.
Chris Jericho to ECW would probably boost the ratings. And with ECW merging with RAW I could see it happening.
I could also see Deuce and Domino and the Highlanders switching... although I think Deuce and Domino split up...
MVP to RAW wouldn't be a bad move.
And Mark Henry to ECW isn't that unlikely. I see a Big Show vs. Mark Henry feud in the making
Other than that I don't really know what will happen. I'd like to see ECW get more superstars... like Charlie Haas and Super Crazy...

What do you guys think?

Glad to hear about the supplemental draft happening, as I wasn't looking forward to seeing the exact same feuds over and over again.

I might as well not bother predicting any drafts, as everyone can see how vocal I've been about how this draft has made no sense so far lol, so I'm not expecting anything to make sense for this either. The way its been going, they'll trade the entire Smackdown and Raw rosters between each other and call it fresh just because the red is now blue and the blue is now red lol.

But, I'm a man of logic, so I'll go with what I feel is logical...

Some people that are definitely not moving: DiBiase, Rhodes, Holly, Mickie, Dreamer, Delaney, Finlay, Hornswoggle, Jamie Noble, Michelle McCool.

Some things I could see happening:

1. Cryme Tyme to Smackdown. They might want to push these guys to help with the "black audience" for when MyNetworkTV picks Smackdown up.

2. Elijah Burke to Smackdown or Raw. I wouldn't be surprised, too, if they try to repackage him as a face, since they already have Benjamin, MVP, and eventually Killings, but they could tag team him with Killings. Its confusing up until Ron debuts.

3. Kofi Kingston to Raw OR he'll stay on ECW so that when the Raw/ECW merge happens, he'll be on Raw eventually anyway.

4. Deuce and Domino being split up.

All in all though, I think ECW is the one that needs to pick people up, but what they're lacking is main event talent, and main event talent won't be traded on a supplemental draft. It'll most likely just consist of trades like "Super Crazy to ECW and Nunzio to Raw" and such.

It literally made my day yesterday (sad I know, lol) when I heard they would have a supplemental draft. I'm really hopeful for ECW’s sake. In a perfect world, three things would happen with the supplemental draft today: (1) move some mid card guys move around as I don’t want to see the same match-ups (Finlay vs. Palumbo for example) for the next two months, (2) shuffle around the lower-card guys as they can job on any show, (3) switch around a few divas, particularly Kelly and Layla as I don’t want to see their 1000th dance-off next month.

So I'm sticking with my original draft picks for the mid-card, lower-card, and divas picks for the supplemental draft.

Val Venis: Raw won’t miss him. He can job on any brand. I say move him to Smackdown so he can be Kozlov’s next victim.
Trevor Murdoch: If he isn't going to have a long-term feud with Lance Cade, move Murdoch to Smackdown and he can form a new ‘rednecks’ tag team with Jimmy Wang Yang once he returns from his suspension.
John Morrison: Morrison’s a star in the waiting. He’s already been ECW champ and the US title isn’t enough motivation to keep him on the brand. I think he’s got a better show of ‘breaking through’ (pun intended) on Raw.

Elijah Burke: He’s wrestled just about everyone there is on ECW and they haven’t used him in forever. I’d like to see him get a mid-card push and eventual IC run.
Chuck Palumbo: He needs a fresh start as he’s wrestled most everyone on Smackdown/ECW.

Kelly Kelly: She’s too over to remain on ECW and Vince is big on her . Plus with the upcoming pairing of Raw and ECW, she could still wrestle (or dance as the case may be, lol) on both shows.
Carlito: Maybe a switch to a different brand and a push will help Carlito find some passion and develop consistency in his matches. I see him going to the 3rd rate show…if for no other reason than punishment for running his mouth so much (sad but true).
Super Crazy: Raw won’t miss him either. He can job on any brand. I think he’d fit in nicely on ECW with the likes of Bourne, Kofi, Delaney, etc.
Shannon Moore: He’s not doing anything on Smackdown and he’d fit in well the other ‘cruisers’ over on ECW.
Jillian Hall: She needs a fresh start and ECW needs divas. Plus with the upcoming pairing of Raw and ECW, she could still wrestle on both shows.

The draft was insane! But it makes some of the matches that are sceduled for Night of Champions obvisius who is going to win.

Matt Hardy moving to ECW will most likely result in him losing the US championship to Chavo to keep it as a Smackdown exclusive. Why make the US title an ECW exclusive? That's ******ed.

Kane moving to Raw will most likely result in him losing the ECW championship to Big Show to keep it as a ECW exclusive. The ECW title being an Raw exclusive? I wouldn't call it the ECW title then.

Batista moving to Raw. This is tricky, there are several things that the WWE can do with the head titles;

1. Make Edge lose to Batista resulting in the World Heavyweight Championship, making the World Heavyweight Championship a Raw exclusive.

2. Make HHH lose to Cena resulting in the WWE Championship staying a Raw exclusive.

I honestly hope the first option happens. I don't want to see Cena as the WWE champion again, but since they're keeping the Spinner Belt design, he prolly will win it this Sunday as the title is more fitting for him.

Now, Night of Champions might actually be worth seeing.

Oh god, they even did a supplemental draft.

Kofi Kingston drafted to Raw from ECW.
Layla drafted to Raw from ECW.
Carlito drafted to Smackdown from Raw.
Finlay drafted to ECW from Smackdown.
Shelton Benjamin drafted to Smackdown from ECW.
Maria drafted to Smackdown from Raw.
Matt Striker drafted to Raw from ECW.
Brian Kendrick drafted to Raw from Smackdown.
Super Crazy drafted to ECW from Raw.
Chuck Palumbo drafted to Raw from Smackdown.
Hornswoggle drafted to ECW from Smackdown.
Deuce drafted to Raw from Smackdown.
DH Smith drafted to Smackdown from Raw.
Big Daddy V drafted to Smackdown from ECW.
Trevor Murdoch drafted to Smackdown from Raw.
Jamie Noble drafted to Raw from Smackdown.
Mark Henry drafted to ECW from Smackdown.

Also, the match for the ECW championship at Night of Champions is now a Triple Threat match.

Kane vs Big Show vs Mark Henry

Oh wow. I guess the ECW title's goin to Mark Henry if they wanna keep it ECW exclusive.

ohhhhhhh man did smackdown win or what? i think SD is hands down the best show now, their mid-card is insane, their ME has prolly the three best main eventers in trips edge and taker (at least for the time being), jr and mick foley announcing, hornswaggle is gone...i am really happy now with these moves

lets just take a look at their mid card: hardy carlito shelton umaga kennedy mvp. this could resurrect all of their careers (besides jeff and umaga who were already doing good)...the fueds between these guys could be awesome

lets see whos gone:

batista- i liked him but he basically did everything he could on SD, was in basically every PPV main event fighting for the title and thats the part about him i didnt like

mysterio- i liked him as well but his best years are behind him, unless he magically lost a lot of weight and his knees were replaced

palumbo- glad hes gone

hornswaggle- glad hes gone

matt and finlay were also in a rut and are probably better off main eventing as veterans on another show, especially since ECW lost kofi and shelton

all in all the draft was awesome in my book

Ok, maybe it may just be becuse of the fact that i am a Die hard raw fan and dont really care to watch ecw or smackdown becuse of pre-draft rosters, but to me Vince has just really screwed the wwe harder than it has ever been hit before, splitting good ole jr and king, acting like we are gonna get the hardys back into a stable on smackdown, and then throwin matt on ecw, splittin kendrick and london, which just kiiled both careers, throwin hhh on smackdown, revisting the oh no, someone tried to kill vince who did it???, this is just extremely stupid and this draft in my opionion has put another bullet in the wwes chest.

They may be giving superstars like Kofi and even mark henry a chance with the draft, but the draft will soon prove to be a bad thing. Why is this? lets see...all upper mid-card faces to raw (Batista, Mysterio, Punk, Kane, Kofi) ....all upper mid-card heels to smackdown (Carlito, Kennedy, Benjamin).... and all rejects to and staying on ECW (Supercrazy, Hornswoggle, Henry,). In addition to the shortage of face/heel fueds that are created by this draft the tag team division really took yet another bullet in the division of london and kendrick. ECW was the biggest loser of all, they may have gained a title, but they lost their top 4 superstars (not including John Morrison) in Punk, Kane, Kofi, and Benjamin and only have Matt Hardy to show for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back