Fall/Winter 2010 Coming Attractions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyline looks like it could be amazing, but will probably turn out to be pretty terrible. I read that Donald Faison (Of Scrubs fame) and Eric Balfour (Milo from 24) will be playing the lead roles. Based on the fact that both haven't really done this type of acting in their careers I don't know what to expect from them. I really hope they can pull it off because this has the potential to be a really good film if, as Justinsayne said earlier, they concentrate more on the story than they do the special effects.

Knucklehead

Release Date(s): October 23 & 24(limited)

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]uDlzAfub6AY[/YOUTUBE]​

A desperate fight promoter convinces a hulking church handyman to try his hand at wrestling in this sports comedy starring famed WWE wrestler Paul "The Big Show" Wight Jr.

I saw this on Raw the other night, and I didn't know what to think. I've watched almost every WWE film(the only one I haven't seen is Legendary) and for the most part, all WWE films are usually shit. I don't know if things will change here.

Yeah, maybe Big Show can be the funny gentle giant here, but we've seen him do a lot that over the years in WWE when he's a face, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't remember too many times where Big Show cracked me up. Sure I might have chuckled at some of the stuff he did here and there, but I can't remember a time where he made me laugh too hard. The cast seems to be solid, and the story doesn't look too bad. Still, I don't think I'll be watching Knucklehead. Knucklehead will only be showed on a limited basis, and this one will probably be released on DVD shortly after it hits theaters, so I might check it out then. You shouldn't expect too much from Knucklehead, because as I said before, most WWE films tend to be shit.

So any of you fucks went and seen "Let me in" yet? Saw it last night, and im pretty sure you will all hate it.

Ill say this, if it was a standalone movie, it would be pretty good. Everything involved in the filming process was very well done (acting, script, score, blah blah) but knowing about the original kinda fucks this one. Not to release any spoilers, but I felt like they ade the girl a MUCH, MUCH less sympathetic figure in this one. The changes that were made to the overall tone of the film and the relationships between certain characters were very wrong choices in general in this.

Very interested to see what you guys thought though.

Like I said, I felt like it was a very good movie, but a lot of fans of the original will probably hate it

Due Date

Release: November 5, 2010

[YT]_QrUzXj1k_Y[/YT]​

High-strung father-to-be Peter Highman is forced to hitch a ride with aspiring actor Ethan Tremblay on a road trip in order to make it to his child's birth on time.

I'm a big fan of Robert Downey Jr. always like him in comedies. Galifianakis exploded on the scene with his performance in The Hangover, even though he was acting for long time before it. This should be pretty funny pairing up Downey and Galifianakis, add in Danny McBride and Jamie Foxx, to make it all the funnier. Definitely should be good with Todd Phillips directing it.

Due Date

[YT]_QrUzXj1k_Y[/YT]​

I'm a big fan of Robert Downey Jr. always like him in comedies. Galifianakis exploded on the scene with his performance in The Hangover, even though he was acting for long time before it. This should be pretty funny pairing up Downey and Galifianakis, add in Danny McBride and Jamie Foxx, to make it all the funnier. Definitely should be good with Todd Phillips directing it.

I remember seeing a trailer for this in the theater, it instantly reminded me of Planes, Trains, & Automobiles (anyone who has never seen that movie should definitely check it out) I'm most likely going to need to check this one out in the theater, really hasn't been to many great comedies out in the past year so I'm looking forward to this one, plus I'll check out almost anything with Robert Downey Jr. in it

Due Date

[YT]_QrUzXj1k_Y[/YT]​

I can't wait for this one. I've become a fan of Galifianakis, and Robert Doweny Jr. is a fine actor, so this one should be good. Also, the rest of the cast for Due Date is pretty solid, so the acting should be another positive for this film. The story here doesn't seem all that great, but I'm sure Due Date will packed with tons humor.

Red Hill

Release Date: November 5, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]lLPXagY9g6I[/YOUTUBE]​

Shane Cooper (Ryan Kwanten), a young police officer, relocates to the small town of Red Hill with his pregnant wife (Claire van der Boom) to start a family. On his first day on the job, Jimmy Conway (Tom E. Lewis), a convicted murderer escapes from prison and returns to the town seeking revenge, sending the local law enforcement officers – led by Old Bill (Steve Bisley) – into a panic.

Red Hill will probably only be showed in limited release. This film seems like it could be a unique Western, and the story seems to be solid. It looks like there's going to be a lot of action and suspense here, so I hope I can find it when it's released.

Fair Game

Release Date: November 5, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]uvLUoPu9omU[/YOUTUBE]​

Valerie Plame is revealed to be a CIA agent by White House officials allegedly out to discredit her husband after he wrote a 2003 New York Times op-ed piece saying that the Bush administration had manipulated intelligence about weapons of mass destruction to justify the invasion of Iraq.

Fair Game doesn't look bad, but I have a hard time getting into government conspiracy movies. These type of films usually follow a very dull pattern. The main character or characters stumble upon some secret information, the government sends out a hit squad to take them out, or they try to discredit the main characters in some type of elaborate way, and a deal is usually made at the end. When that deal is made, there's a good chance that a double cross will occur, and it can come from either side. You can see everything coming from a mile away.

I like Sean Penn, but he seems to be going through the motions. I don't see that passion he usually has here. I know Naomi Watts is a big name in Hollywood, but I've never been able to understand why she receives so much praise. I liked her in 21 Grams, and The Ring films, but other than that, I can't remember her putting on too many outstanding performances. Fair Game is inspired by true events, so that might help this film gain so more attention. Still, films like this tend to bore me, so I probably won't be watching this one.

The Next Three Days

Release Date: November 19, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]JkmCHXIfMMg&feature=pyv&ad=7926916189&kw=next 3 days trailer[/YOUTUBE]​

A woman is accused of murder. This affects the relationship between her and her husband. Her husband, a professor, takes extreme actions in an attempt to free her from prison.

Russell Crowe has been kind of streaky when it comes to good films lately. I liked Cinderella Man and 3:10 To Yuma, but I haven't been to crazy about any of his other films. The story here seems to be okay, and The Next Three Days looks like it could be a solid action/thriller film. On a side note, this film is going to be buried at the box office, because this one hits theaters on the same day as the Harry Potter film.

Next Three Days looks pretty good. I always like Crowe. The film has some hot with actresses with Banks and Wilde. I'm happy to see Banks step away from her usual roles in comedies and take on something more serious again, I don't think she has done that since The Uninvited. Plus with Liam Nesson in it, has my interest to see it all the more. I have to agree with you Mitch, that it is gonna get hurt at the box office being released same weekend as Harry Potter. Definitely a dumb move to try and compete with HP, they should either bump the release to the beginning of November or just wait a few weeks after Potter is released.

Faster

Release Date: November 24, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]CUYPaST9zD4[/YOUTUBE]​

An ex-con sets out to avenge his brother's death after they were double-crossed during a heist years ago. During his campaign, however, he's tracked by a veteran cop and an egocentric hit man.

The Rock's movies can be hit or miss as far as quality goes. His films are never great, but they can be solid and entertaining. Faster has nice cast. The story doesn't look that special, but you really can't expect too much from movies like this. Faster should be an enjoyable film filled with shootouts and car chases.

The Fighter

Release Date: December 10, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]2BlOPYsQQuM[/YOUTUBE]​

A look at the early years of boxer "Irish" Micky Ward and his brother who helped train him before going pro in the mid 1980s.

When it comes to making quality films, Mark Wahlberg has been kind of streaky over the past couple of years. Sure he had The Departed in 2006, but we can't forget about The Happening and Shooter. Still, this is a biopic so this shouldn't be bad. I don't think Christian Bale has delivered an outstanding performance since American Psycho, but he looks good as the troubled brother here. The Fighter looks like it could be worth watching, and Bale or Wahlberg could get an Oscar nomination out of this.

The Tourist

Release Date: December 10, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]EVrSLoVjC0U[/YOUTUBE]​

Revolves around Frank, an American tourist visiting Italy to mend a broken heart. Elise is an extraordinary woman who deliberately crosses his path.

I have mixed feelings about this film. I like Jolie and Depp, and both of them usually don't appear in bad films, but I have a problem with the story here. I've watched this trailer a couple of times already, and I just get the feeling that this film will be very generic and predictable. Sure there's probably going to be some cool action scenes in this film, but I have a hard time getting into the very cheesy and predictable love story that this film will undoubtedly have. Still, it's Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, so this film shouldn't be bad.

The Fighter could be decent. I like Mark Whalberg and this looks like a role right up his alley. I am not so big on Christian Bale, however, this film should show him in a different light. He seems to be more animated then usual which will be cool to see. I am a big sucker for fighter movies, so I will definitely be checking this one out.

The Tourist is another movie I am looking very forward to. I have been in love with Angelina Jolie for a long time now, so I am very excited to see her. Her counter part being Johnny Depp is not a bad thing either. I have often wondered what a movie with Depp and Jolie would be like and now I will get to see. It seems comical while mixing a good amount of action in as well. Hopefully it turns out to be a good movie, it has all the makings of a blockbuster.

Tron: Legacy

Release Date: December 17, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]1Ay_H0p2YDk&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]​

Sam Flynn, the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn, looks into his father's disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin's loyal confidant, father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

Wow, I haven't seen the original Tron in a long time, but I might try to watch it again, because I want to see it befroe I watch this film.

Tron: Legacy will rake in a ton of cash at the box office. Everyone is going to want to see this movie. It looks like there's going to be a lot of action in this film, the visuals do look stunning, and this film will probably look amazing in 3D. Tron: Legacy could be a VERY fun movie to watch or this film could turn out to be a shitty Hollywood blockbuster with a big budget. I always enjoy Jeff Bridges on screen, and I think Tron: Legacy is one of those must see movies, so I'm definitely going to watch this when it's released.

The Warrior's Way

Release Date: December 3, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]V6Qi9QaL0Lg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

The story is about a warrior named Yang (Jang Dong-gun), who is forced to hide in a small town in the American badlands. He meets the town drunk (Geoffrey Rush) and a circus knife thrower (Kate Bosworth), both of whom have powerful secrets.

Ninjas VS Cowboys? Really? Anyway, this looks ridiculous. This film will probably be filled with a ton of over the top fight scenes, and the story here doesn't interest me at all. I like Kate Bosworth, but why would she want to be in a movie like this? Warrior's Way could be a nice action/fantasy film, but the trailer doesn't convince me. Warrior's Way looks very cheesy and silly, so I think I'm going to avoid this one.

Somewhere

Release Date: December 22, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]lx_2MFw7pv0[/YOUTUBE]​

Stephen Dorff plays Johnny Marco, a Hollywood bad-boy stumbling through a life of excess at the Chateau Marmont when he receives an unexpected visit from his 11-year-old daughter, played by Elle Fanning. Their meeting challenges his lifestyle and forces him to make necessary changes.

Somewhere does seem kind of basic, but I've enjoyed some of Sofia Coppola's films. I thought The Virgin Suicides was outstanding, and Lost In Translation wasn't bad either. Somewhere looks like it could be a good film. I'm not too crazy about Stephen Dorff, but this film has a nice story, and Coppola's track record isn't too bad, so I might check this one out.

Little Fockers

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]8wQ5Gg7QFXc[/YOUTUBE]​

After marrying Pam, the daughter of a retired CIA agent, Gaylord "Greg" Focker now has five-year old twins. The film will revolve around the couple trying to cope with raising their children.

I LOVED Meet The Parents, but I didn't like Meet The Fockers. This film didn't make me laugh like the first one did, and I'm not a fan of Barbra Streisand, so it was really hard for me to get into this one. I hope Little Fockers can deliver. It looks like there will be some funny stuff here, because The Godfather and Jaws stuff did make me laugh very hard. Also, it'll be interesting to see how the showdown between De Niro and Stiller goes.

The Warrior's Way

Release Date: December 3, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]V6Qi9QaL0Lg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Ninjas VS Cowboys? Really? Anyway, this looks ridiculous. This film will probably be filled with a ton of over the top fight scenes, and the story here doesn't interest me at all. I like Kate Bosworth, but why would she want to be in a movie like this? Warrior's Way could be a nice action/fantasy film, but the trailer doesn't convince me. Warrior's Way looks very cheesy and silly, so I think I'm going to avoid this one.

It's a spaghetti western which tend to be really over the top and really fun. I have been excited for this film for a few months now, then again I thoroughly enjoy movies that are over the top. It'll be filled with blood and martial arts and if it isn't then it will fail miserably. Geoffrey Rush is a tremendous actor, and even better in roles like these, Pirates of the Caribbean anyone? Anyways, this movie WILL NOT make any sort of impact in the box office but should be a fun watch. I'll let you all know how it is when I see it in about a week.

Gulliver's Travles

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]2WpnV071038[/YOUTUBE]​

Travel writer Lemuel Gulliver takes an assignment in Bermuda, but ends up on the island of Liliput, where he towers over its tiny citizens.

I like Jack Black, and Gulliver's Travels looks like it could be funny. We're all familiar with the famous novel, and I think this movie is putting a nice twist on it. Black has been kind of streaky when it comes to quality films over the years. I enjoyed Tropic Thunder and Be Kind Rewind, but I didn't like The Holiday and I HATED Year One. But Black seems like he might be rebounding with this one. I don't think I would want to see this in 3D, but Gulliver's Travles can appeal to everyone, and this could be a nice holiday movie.

True Grit

Release Date: December 22,2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]s8QLMWN0yNs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Mattie Ross, a 14-year-old girl, undertakes a quest to avenge her father's death at the hands of a drifter named Tom Chaney. Ross persuades an alcoholic marshal named Rooster Cogburn to join her in tracking down Chaney.

I think Coco mentioned this film earlier in the thread, and I can't believe I waited this long to bring up a Coen Brother's movie. I haven't seen A Serious Man yet, but Joel and Ethan always give us high quality material, so I'm definitely going to see this one. The cast looks excellent. Jeff Bridges looks great here, and Josh Brolin has grown one me these past couple of years. I've never been too crazy about Matt Damon, but he won't keep me away from this one. True Grit is on my must see list this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back