Summer 2010 Coming Attractions Thread (Read First Post Please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
This is the thread to discuss new box office releases for the months of the summer of 2010. As I won't have separate threads for each film, I would like to kindly ask that you quote in each post you make: either quote the film synopses that I put up or the person to whom you are responding.

Only good posters seem to frequent this section of the forum, so, I'll save my spiel about spamming for another time.

This thread will be open for business in a bit!

Hot Tube Time Machine

Release Date: 26 March 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]4DCFPS58KYY[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis (from themovieinsider.com): "Hot Tub Time Machine" follows a group of best friends who've become bored with their adult lives: Adam (John Cusack) has been dumped by his girlfriend; Lou (Rob Corddry) is a party guy who can't find the party; Nick's (Craig Robinson) wife controls his every move; and video game-obsessed Jacob (Clark Duke) won't leave his basement. After a crazy night of drinking in a ski resort hot tub, the men wake up, heads' pounding, in the year 1986. This is their chance to kick some past and change their futures – one will find a new love life, one will learn to stand up for himself with the ladies, one will find his mojo, and one will make sure he still exists!

tdigle's Take: What a stupid fucking premise! But, hey, almost anything John Cusack touches is golden. Depending on what other people have to say about this one, I may or may not go see it in the theaters. Here's to hoping that Cusack can make this work, and that it doesn't turn out to be as shit as other films with equally contrived storylines (*COUGH* Blast From The Past *COUGH* Snakes on a Plane *COUGH*).

Kick-Ass

Release Date: 16 April 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]lBO3hBSga6k[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis (from themovieinsider.com): "Kick-Ass" tells the story of average teenager Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson), a comic-book fanboy who decides to take his obsession as inspiration to become a real-life superhero. As any good superhero would, he chooses a new name -- Kick-Ass -- assembles a suit and mask to wear, and gets to work fighting crime. There’s only one problem standing in his way: Kick-Ass has absolutely no superpowers.

His life is forever changed as he inspires a subculture of copy cats, meets up with a pair of crazed vigilantes -- including an 11-year-old sword-wielding dynamo, Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) and her father, Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage) -- and forges a friendship with another fledgling superhero, Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). But thanks to the scheming of a local mob boss Frank D’Amico (Mark Strong), that new alliance will be put to the test.

tdigle's Take: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, is this Mystery Men Part Deux or some shit? I was open to seeing this movie until McLovin' showed up. Is there some way we can speed up this dude's career path so he can get the fuck out of Hollywood and arrive early to the $10 Picture and Autograph booths he's destined for? Hopefully, Nicholas Cage can save this one, although, if Judd Apatow's producing it, then this film was fucked as soon as it got the green light.

Kick-Ass

Release Date: 16 April 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]lBO3hBSga6k[/YOUTUBE]​

tdigle's Take: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, is this Mystery Men Part Deux or some shit? I was open to seeing this movie until McLovin' showed up. Is there some way we can speed up this dude's career path so he can get the fuck out of Hollywood and arrive early to the $10 Picture and Autograph booths he's destined for? Hopefully, Nicholas Cage can save this one, although, if Judd Apatow's producing it, then this film was fucked as soon as it got the green light.

Y'know. Upon first glance, I thought this may be slightly decent. Then I saw the extended uncut trailer. In case you all haven't, it highly emphasizes having the little girl being extremely vulgar over and over, saying things like "cunt" and telling someone "they have a signal for us they put in the sky...its in the shape of a giant cock"

Pretty much tells me all I need to know about this movie. Shit. What I like to call a "high spot" movie, overemphasizing cheap shit like having a vulgar little girl, and having zero in the way of subtelty, or anything remotely clever. Won't be seeing this, ever.

Hot Tube Time Machine

Trailer

tdigle's Take: What a stupid fucking premise! But, hey, almost anything John Cusack touches is golden. Depending on what other people have to say about this one, I may or may not go see it in the theaters. Here's to hoping that Cusack can make this work, and that it doesn't turn out to be as shit as other films with equally contrived storylines (*COUGH* Blast From The Past *COUGH* Snakes on a Plane *COUGH*).

I'm actually looking forward to The Hot Tub Time Machine. I don't expect a great story from this movie. This is just something to make you laugh, and there will probably be a lot of crude and vulgar humor/jokes in this movie, and John Cusack in almost in any movie(expcet for 2012) is pretty much always a good thing.

Kick-Ass looks like it could be something worth watching. I'm drawn to this movie because it looks like something different. McLovin' is still riding off of the fame he had in Superbad. Every movie he's been in ever since then has either been garbage or average at best. I'm also hoping Nicholas Cage will do a good job in this movie because he's been in some terrible movies over the past 4 or 5 years.

Hot Tube Time Machine

Trailer

This movie could either me really funny in the stupid comedy kind of way much like Step Brothers and other movies like that or this movie could be utter garbage that is not funny at all like Miss March. I am hoping it is funny seeing as I have this strange urge to see it, probably because I find Craig Robinson hilarious. Then again Mr. Robinson can only do so much for a film and that honestly isn't that much to begin with.

Clash of the Titans

Release date: April 2, 2010

Trailer
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FFzKn_7NAm4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FFzKn_7NAm4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis: In "Clash of the Titans," the ultimate struggle for power pits men against kings and kings against gods. But the war between the gods themselves could destroy the world. Born of a god but raised as a man, Perseus (Sam Worthington) is helpless to save his family from Hades (Ralph Fiennes), vengeful god of the underworld. With nothing left to lose, Perseus volunteers to lead a dangerous mission to defeat Hades before he can seize power from Zeus (Liam Neeson) and unleash hell on earth. Leading a daring band of warriors, Perseus sets off on a perilous journey deep into forbidden worlds. Battling unholy demons and fearsome beasts, he will only survive if he can accept his power as a god, defy his fate and create his own destiny.

First off, Tdigs, sorry if this bothers you that I added a movie in here but with this early blockbuster coming out this Friday I felt as though it needed to be added. Second, I am fucking excited for this movie. I tend to be very harsh on CGI driven films now a days but this one has me all giddy in my pants. Throw aside my man crush on Sam Worthington, but this movie looks like a terrific action movie. At the very least it should be fun seeing Perseus go ape shit on some mythological beasts. Not to mention I am a Greek fanboy.

Date Night

Release Date: 9 April 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]U6SQqazrNY4[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis (from themovieinsider.com): Claire and Phil Foster (Tina Fey and Steve Carell) are a typical suburban couple whose lives – including their weekly date nights of dinner and a movie – have become routine. To reignite the marital spark, they visit a trendy Manhattan bistro where a case of mistaken identity turns their evening into the ultimate date night-gone-awry. But as Claire and Phil take their unexpected walk on the wild side, they begin to remember what made them so special together.

tdigle's Take: This movie looks fucking terrible. Who the fuck's supposed to go see this movie? Bored, middle-aged married couples who probably don't even know who the fuck Steve Carell and Tina Fey are? Or the young adults who watch The Office and 30 Rock but have no interest whatsoever in hearing their respective stars bitch about their mundane, middle-class existences? Also, Steve Carell and Tina Fey fighting off criminals? :lmao::lmao::lmao: Give me a fucking break. Guys, please stick to making movies about sex and infertility.

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Release Date: 30 April 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]PEQnoIq4UFY[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis: If you need one, then you've been literally living under a rock for the past 25 or so years.

tdigle's Take: Well, the jury's still out on this one. From the looks of the trailer, this film's going to be a huge disappointment. I have commented time and time again that I thought it was a huge mistake picking a first-time director for this particular film, and I currently still stand by that sentiment. I will be interested to see one thing, though: whether this is an earnest horror film (a la the original and A Nightmare On Elm Street 2) or if it will be a mix of horror, comedy, and some very creative deaths (a la all The Nightmare On Elm Streets that followed part 2).

I've been waiting for Clash Of The Titans for a while now. This should be a fun movie filled with tons action, and amazing visual effects. Epic battle scenes, The Kraken, and stunning visuals is what I'm going to see because other than that, I don't what else this film has to offer.

I'm on the fence about Date Night. I was leaning towards going to see this movie, but my hopes were kind of dashed when I found out this movie was rated PG-13. This movie will probably have a bunch of corny jokes, and stale humor that only teenagers will find funny. If this movie was rated R, then maybe it could have more freedom. I'll probably wait until this one comes out on DVD.

It's been a while since I've watched a Nightmare On Elm Street film, but I'm definitely going to see this movie. I'm always curious to see how classic horror franchise remakes such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,Halloween, and Friday The 13th will turn out. I was kind of excited when I saw the first trailer because it didn't show that much, and I was curious. This second trailer shows a lot more, and I wasn't too excited. Still, I'll go see this movie because I'm anxious to see the 2010 version of Freddy.

The Losers
Release date: April 23, 2010
Trailer
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEeQEa6SZQM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEeQEa6SZQM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis: An explosive tale of double cross and revenge, "The Losers" centers upon the members of an elite U.S. Special Forces unit sent into the Bolivian jungle on a search and destroy mission. The team--Clay, Jensen, Roque, Pooch and Cougar --find themselves the target of a lethal betrayal instigated from inside by a powerful enemy known only as Max. Presumed dead, the group makes plans to even the score when they're joined by the mysterious Aisha, a beautiful operative with her own agenda. Working together, they must remain deep undercover while tracking the heavily-guarded Max, a ruthless man bent on embroiling the world in a new high-tech global war.

I am really excited for this movie. It just looks like a really good action, comedy and I love action comedies. The cast is pretty solid. Zoe Saldana is not only hot but a pretty decent actress. Idris Alba is another very good actor. Jeffery Dean Morgan reminds me of a not as good Robert Downey Jr., and Chris Evans is funny at the very least. The movie doesn't look original at all but then again what is original in Hollywood these days? Plain and simple this movie looks fun and that's what I want to see. It actually my most anticipated movie of the month of April so hopefully it lives up to the hype. Not to mention I am a sucker for the Eagles of Death Metal and any movie or trailer that uses them gets my attention immediately.

The Losers
Release date: April 23, 2010
Trailer
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEeQEa6SZQM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IEeQEa6SZQM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

I am really excited for this movie. It just looks like a really good action, comedy and I love action comedies. The cast is pretty solid. Zoe Saldana is not only hot but a pretty decent actress. Idris Alba is another very good actor. Jeffery Dean Morgan reminds me of a not as good Robert Downey Jr., and Chris Evans is funny at the very least. The movie doesn't look original at all but then again what is original in Hollywood these days? Plain and simple this movie looks fun and that's what I want to see. It actually my most anticipated movie of the month of April so hopefully it lives up to the hype. Not to mention I am a sucker for the Eagles of Death Metal and any movie or trailer that uses them gets my attention immediately.

I'm also looking forward to The Losers. This looks like a fun movie filled with action, and comedy. Of course there have been tons of movies done like this before, but as you said, there really isn't anything original in Hollywood these days. I also think Saldana is a pretty decent actress, and she's been in some big blockbuster films over the years. From watching the trailer, this movie kind of reminds me of the first Smoking Aces film, and I liked that movie.

MacGruber

Release Date: May 21, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]bqySbDqTGGc[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis:In the 10 years since his fiancée was killed, special op MacGruber (Will Forte) has dedicated his life to fighting crime with his bare hands. When he learns that his country needs him to find a nuclear warhead that's been stolen by his sworn enemy, Dieter von Cunth (Val Kilmer), MacGruber figures he's the only one tough enough for the job. Assembling an elite team of experts, Lt. Dixon Piper (Ryan Phillippe) and Vicki St. Elmo (Kristen Wiig), MacGruber will navigate an army of assassins to hunt down Cunth and bring him to justice.

I think this movie will either be some what decent or completely horrible. For some reason, I've never found this parody of MacGyver to be very funny on Saturday Night Live, and every time I look at this trailer, Will Forte just doesn't seem funny to me. I also don't know why Ryan Phillippe and Val Kilmer are in this. Both of them are very good actors, especially Val Kilmer. I'm sorry, but by looking at the trailer, Kilmer seems to be very awkward as the main villain here.

There's a slight chance I might watch this, but I'll wait and see how the overall reception of this film is, and for all you WWE fans, there will be a bunch of wrestlers who make cameos in this film.

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

Release Date: May 28, 2010

Trailer​

[YOUTUBE]8I01KOfuD2k[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis: The plot follows Dastan (played by Jake Gyllenhaal), a street urchin in the Persian Empire in the sixth century. After showing courage in the market place, he is adopted by the king as his heir, so the king's two sons will not fight over the throne. Later on, he teams up with Princess Tamina (played by Gemma Arterton) to stop a common enemy - the villainous nobleman Nizam (Ben Kingsley) and to take from him an ancient dagger known as "The Dagger of Time" (a valuable dagger which gives to its owner the ability to go back in time for short periods and change the past) and keep him from generating a sandstorm which could destroy the world.

This film is loosely based on the video game that was released back in 2003. The Sands Of Time has a solid cast. Molina, Gyllenhaal, and Kingsley are all fine actors, and they usually don't appear in shit movies. Although, I don't expect too much from this one. You'll see a lot of extravagant special effects, flashy fight scenes, and a simplistic story.

This seems like a fun movie to watch, and I'll probably check this one out. The Sands Of Time could challenge Shrek and Iron Man 2 for the top spots at the box office, because I'm sure a good amount of people will flock to see this one.

Splice

Release Date: June 4, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]t6o_Vl2f07Q[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis: Superstar genetic engineers Clive (Brody) and Elsa (Polley) achieve fame by successfully splicing together the DNA of different animals, to create incredible new hybrids. Now they want to use human DNA in a hybrid that could revolutionize science and medicine. But when the pharmaceutical company that funds their research forbids it, Clive and Elsa secretly conduct their own experiments in the pursuit of even greater scientific discovery. They secretly blend human DNA with their creations, ignoring their society's ethical and legal boundaries. The scientists name their creature "Dren", a creature that exhibits uncommon intelligence and an array of unexpected physical developments. And though, at first, Dren exceeds their wildest dreams, she begins to grow and learn at an accelerated rate—and threatens to become their worst nightmare. The two must come to terms with their decision as their creature quickly develops into a deadly, winged humanoid-chimera.

What the fuck is this supposed to be? Species 2010? Anyway, there's sure to be a lot of gore, and grisly kills in this film. Adrien Brody is a pretty good actor, and I remember Sarah Polley from Dawn Of The Dead(2003), and she did an okay job in that film. The story looks solid, but I don't expect much from this film. The whole ethics and morality story about using human DNA has been done before, and I'm wondering how this film will put a twist on it. Also, I wonder if this film will become popular. Maybe a series of sequels will be made to follow up this film?

Neither of the most recent films posted, Splice and Prince of Persia, really scream out to me in any way. I really have little interest in either and very low expectations. Prince of Persia could draw well because of its video game base and the fans that love it but I never played the game and honestly I am not a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal. It has potential but as of right now I just don't know how it will do. I don't know if I will see it but there is a slim chance that I will. In addition, Splice looks like a good film for the hardcore science fiction fans out there but I hardly believe that will be enough for it to reach number 1 in the box office or even crack the top 5. I could of course be wrong. I love Adrian Brody but I have a feeling this film will be a major flop when it is released because it is so oriented towards one kind of fan. Like I said, neither movie really screams out to me in an appealing manner but I will reserve judgment until I decide whether or not I will see them, maybe I will be surprised like I was with The Crazies and Kick-Ass.

Killers

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]6i3aJEE14oo[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis:While on vacation with her parents, Jennifer Kornfeldt, a beautiful young blonde, (Katherine Heigl) meets Spencer Aimes (Ashton Kutcher), a good looking single man. The two soon fall in love and continue their relationship back home, rushing into a quick marriage. Jen thinks she has found the perfect man and Spencer thinks he has found the perfect woman, but she doesn't know Spencer actually works for the CIA and often spends his days chasing and killing criminals. But, as is expected, their life is about to take a turn for worse when they discover one of their friends is actually contracted to kill the couple.

This movie looks terrible. I think Kutcher is a funny guy, but besides The Butterfly Effect, all of his other movies are either really bad or decent. Heigl looks like she's playing the up-tight, and sophisticated successful woman in this film AGAIN. Knocked Up is the only Heigl film I liked. All of her other movies are just not worth watching. Killers looks like a weird version of Mr. And Mrs. Smith(2005), expect Heigl and Kutcher aren't as big as Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

Get Him To The Greek

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]N6ixkr0-qvo[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis:Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) releases a song about problems in Africa called "African Child". The song and music video are seen as horrible and called "the worst thing to happen to Africa since apartheid". The single ruins Snow's career, and as a result he starts drinking and doing drugs excessively. His girlfriend Jackie Q (Rose Byrne), with whom he had a son named Naples, also leaves him, taking custody of Naples. Aaron Greenberg (Jonah Hill) is a driven, idealistic young college graduate who works as an intern at Capitol Records. He lives with his girlfriend, a doctor, but they do not get to see each other often due to their different sleep schedules. Capitol Records has lost a lot of money, so the executive of the branch Sergio (Sean Combs) asks for ideas. Greenberg proposes to have Snow play at the Greek Theater for the tenth anniversary of a performance. Sergio is impressed with the idea and charges Aaron with getting Aldous Snow to the theatre. Hilarity ensues as idealistic Aaron takes drug-addled Aldous from London to Los Angeles.

Get Him To The Greek looks like it might be a very funny movie. I like Jonah Hill, but for some reason I think Russell Brand is just creepy. He looks creepy, and his humor can be creepy sometimes. Diddy is perfect for the role he's playing, but from watching the trailer, it kind of looks like he's playing himself. This movie should be filled with dirty jokes, and there will be plenty of outrageous scenes. Greek looks like it could be a fun movie, and I'll probably go see this one.

The A-Team

Release Date: June 11, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]kM0ypzvuphg[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis:Like the original series, the story follows the adventures of four U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers-turned-mercenaries, three of whom were arrested for a crime they did not commit and are now branded war criminals. After managing to escape from military prison, the three join forces with Captain H.M. Murdock, their reconnaissance pilot, as soldiers of fortune

The A-Team looks like it could be a fun movie. This film has a pretty solid cast, and this movie is sure to have lots of thrilling action. The A-Team was a popular show, and it's legacy will always live on. The story seems to be something we've seen a thousand times before, but as long as the action and fight scenes are top quality, then The A-Team should be worth watching.

Ondine

Release Date(s): June 4th or 11th, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]exdBGzEa9Os&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis:The film tells the story of an Irish fisherman named Syracuse (Farrell) who discovers a woman named Ondine (Bachleda) in his fishing net whom he believes to be a selkie or mermaid. Different theories about her origins come about as she integrates herself into the community. Syracuse's partly-disabled daughter Annie, comes to believe that the woman is a magical creature, while Syracuse himself falls in love with her. However, like all fairy tales, enchantment and darkness go hand in hand.

Ondine looks like it could be a very interesting film. This is a fantasy/drama film. Ondine seems like it could be a real gem, but of course this movie will get lost in the shuffle with all of the big money blockbuster movies this summer. The story seems unique, and Colin Farrell has been in some good movies over the past couple of years. This film will most likely only be in limited release if it's out already, so everyone might not get a chance to see this one. But if I can find this film, then I'll be sure to check it out.

Jonah Hex

Release Date: June 18, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]u2AS9DjwR-o[/YOUTUBE]​

Jonah Hex (Josh Brolin) is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone...and anything. Having survived death, Jonah’s violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the “other side.” His only human connection is with Lilah (Megan Fox), whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own. Jonah’s past is about to catch up with him when the U.S. military makes him an offer he can’t refuse: in exchange for his freedom from the warrants on his head, he must track down and stop the dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull (John Malkovich). But Turnbull, who is gathering an army and preparing to unleash Hell, is also Jonah’s oldest enemy and will stop at nothing until Jonah is dead. Based on the legendary character from the graphic novels, “Jonah Hex” is an epic adventure thriller about one man’s personal quest for redemption against the vast canvas of the battle between good and evil. To Jonah, serving the good and the evil haven't proven to be profitable ventures, so why not make a little money while two sides settle their scores?

Why the fuck are John Malkovich and Josh Brolin in this? Both of these men are fine actors, and they are usually in good/great films. The last flashy Hollywood blockbuster film I remember Malkovich being in was Con Air, and I guess you could also count Eragon.

Anyway, I don't expect much from this movie. This is film will be yet another flashy summer blockbuster, filled with action, explosions, and cheesy one-liners. And from looking at the trailer, you just know this movie is going to have a ton of sexual innuendos involving Megan Fox. This one will probably do well at the box office, because this is the type of movie people love to see in the summer time.

Knight And Day

Release Date: June 23, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]pqkiP8bP66c&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis: Knight and Day is an action comedy film. Secret agent Roy Miller (Cruise) meets June Havens (Diaz) on a blind date. Miller brings Havens on a mission in order to save the key to a source of immense power. Together they try to evade being caught by a federal agent.

Wow. This movie looks absolutely horrible. I consider Tom Cruise to be a very good actor, but there's no way this movie has the potential to be any good. Knight and Day will probably do good at the box office because I'm sure a lot of people will want to see Diaz and Cruise on screen together. By looking at the trailer, you can tell there will be a ton of over the top action scenes, and a lot of corny humor. How in the hell do Cruise and Diaz go from making movies such as Valkyrie and My Sister's Keeper to this?

Grown Ups

Release Date: June 25, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]t80--iojYDQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis: Five best friends (Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider) from junior high reunite over 30 years later in the wake of the death of their old basketball coach and decide to spend the Independence Day weekend together with their families at the lake house where they celebrated their championship.

I guess you could say that this movie is for everyone. Grown Ups looks like it could be funny, and this film has an all-star cast of comedy actors. But at the same time, an all-star cast of comedy actors isn't always a good thing. If you don't believe me, then you should watch Wild Hogs(2007). Still, I think this one should be decent, and it's good to see David Spade in something major again.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Release Date: June 30, 2010

Trailer

[YOUTUBE]hZxJzhIPTTg&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]​

Synopsis: As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death.

I've tried to get into the Twilight movies, but I just can't. I think both movies are highly overrated in every way possible, and Twilight has done something that I never thought could be done.....this film/book series has made vampires and werewolves look like wimps. But Twilight has become a phenomenon at the movies, and it's definitely going to be one of the major attractions this summer. This movie will make a ton of money, and I wouldn't be surprised if Eclipse spent a good amount of time at the #1 spot. There won't be any blood and gore in this movie, so I won't be watching this one.

Inception

Release Date: July 16, 2010

[youtube]BAJXs-4O_G0[/youtube]

Synopsis said:
In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one's mind can be the most dangerous weapon or the most valuable asset.

I'm surprised this hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet. Good GOD I am excited for this fucking film. I'm a fan of Chris Nolan's work and watching the teaser trailer in theatres pretty much killed me. I purposely have been avoiding reading any detailed plot synopses or spoilers about this film because I want to go into it knowing as little as possible, so I can't comment on whether it looks like a good premise or not. However, it looks visually AMAZING and the cast is stellar (with the likes of Leo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Caine, Marion Cotillard, Ken Watanabe, and Cillian Murphy) so hopefully it isn't disappointing from either of those aspects. Oh and it's going to be in IMAX which I highly suggest paying the extra money for since Nolan's films are exceptionally beautiful in IMAX. I'll be there with bells on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back