Favorite Kate Beckinsale Movie

Aeon Mathix

Has Ascended
So after the last thread I did asking people what their favorite Leonardo Dicaprio movie was, I figured I would do another one. Just a couple "rules" here about the thread,
-State your favorite movie from the actor/actress and why (obviously)

-Do not spoil anything (mainly the plot or anything that could give it away, you know what i mean) from the movie for people who may read this and have not seen the movies you pick :)

-It can be any movie that the actor/actress had a major role or minor it doesnt matter, just a movie that you think they stood out in.

Anyway this time is Kate Beckinsdale. This one was pretty hard for me to decide, but I am going to have to go to with Underworld (1). While certainly not the BEST vampire/werewolf movie, I rewatched this the other day and this is pretty much my answer to the Twilight movies lol. I loved the action and gothic style this film has. Not to mention the modern day theme of it, with the vampires and werewolves mainly killing each other with guns. I also dug the story as well. And Kate looked beautiful in this movie might I add. Sorry I love the darkness look she had going on. Btw a tiny bit off topic i read somewhere that Kate stated she wanted to play catwoman in Chris Nolans 3rd batman film. I would be all for that! i think she would be great! anyone is better then what halle berry (SP?) did in fact i still think berry wears a bag over her face for that movie. But anyway! what is your favorite kate beckinsdale movie?

I love me some Kate Beckinsale. I think she is one of the most gorgeous, sexiest actresses working today.

That said, I don't think she's a very good actress. However, I'm still able to watch most shit she's in just because I find her so damn attractive. Let me go over all the movies I've seen from her.

Pearl Harbor - Shit.

Underworld 1 & 2 - Very, very enjoyable movies, but her performances aren't anything special.

The Aviator - Easily the best movie she's been in, but her role is too small in it for me to say it's a "Kate Beckinsale movie."

Van Helsing - Thought it was a let down compared to the Underworld films.

Click - This is perhaps my answer. While she isn't the main focus in the film, she has a fairly large role in it and I thought she did a good job. This is easily my favorite Adam Sandler movie released this decade. When I first saw it I expected an over-the-top comedy, but was deeply surprised at how dramatic and touching (plus depressing to be quite honest) it turned out to be. It's a film I never get tired of watching and never fails to reach me. I have no idea why, but there's just something about it...

Vacancy - This was GREAT until the absolute shitty ending. The ending absolutely ruins this movie. But Kate showed herself to be a wonderful scream queen in this, and I hope before age catches up to her she does a few more horror flicks like this.

Snow Angels - Easily her best performance; however, like Vacancy, shitty ending that ruined the entire movie.

Whiteout - Shit.

The only other movie from her filmography that I have any desire seeing is Everybody's Fine. With its cast and storyline I think the film has a lot of potential to be great.

Anyway, out of everything I listed, discrediting The Aviator, Click is my favorite movie that she's stared in for sure. The Underworld films come in 2nd, and then Snow Angels and Vacancy are after that.

Well, If I had to pick one, then I would have to go with the first Underworld film. I really enjoyed this film, and Kate was so believable as a bad ass. I liked Underworld 2, and she was good in The Aviator, but she really wasn't the main character.

I refuse to give praise to pretty much any film Michael Bay is involved in, and Pearl Harbor was such a bad film. The acting wasn't bad, but everything else was just shit.

A lot of people tend to shit on Click, but I actually liked this film. There was a nice love story here, and Kate did an awesome job playing Sandler's wife.

I recently had a chance to watch Whiteout, and boy did I regret doing that. Horrible movie. The story was terrible, and the movie was so boring. And the constant flashbacks annoyed the hell out of me.

I think Luke Wilson sucks, but I did like Vacancy......until the end. The suspense was great, and this was one of those movies that kept you hooked until the very end, but when the end came, I was very disappointed.

I guess i was blinded by how fucking hot kate is, I didnt realize she didnt have any impact on film whatsoever LOL. I will always stand by my opinion that Underworld 1 is my favorite vampire/werewolf movie though and Mitch I agree with you about Click I enjoyed that film and Kate looked hot as fuck in that too.

I love me some Kate Beckinsale. I think she is one of the most gorgeous, sexiest actresses working today.

I have to agree with your first line there Jeff. As for actresses that are over 35 she is probably the one I think is the hottest.

That said, I don't think she's a very good actress. However, I'm still able to watch most shit she's in just because I find her so damn attractive. Let me go over all the movies I've seen from her.

Did you ever see Brokedown Palace with her? She wasn't the lead Claire Danes was, but was still pretty good. Another one she was in was Haunted I think it was from like 95' or something that one was alright too, haven't seen it in years though.

As for my favorite Beckinsale movie, its a toss up between Click and Underworld. Underworld because it was nice to see her in a different type of movie, other than a drama. I know she did Van Helsing but she was way better as Selene than as Anna probably for the fact she was way more sexier in Underworld because of the skin tight outfit and mainly because it was a better movie. After seeing her performance in that it makes me think she wouldn't be that bad in a normal action movie. It is also rumored that she is returning to the role of Selene in the 4th installment of the Underworld movies, but nothing is 100% confirmed yet if its true or not.

I liked her in Click for one main reason, her in that Pocahontas costume enough said!!!! In all seriousness the movie really did show how beautiful she really is. It was an all around really good movie. Definitely also got me by surprise on how it wasn't just a comedy, but very dramatic as well. From the previews it did look just like a comedy.

I like haunted and click
I love Adam Sandler and I thought she was OK in it.
I'm not a fan of Underworld and I assume that's why most people like her..

I wouldn't mind seeing her in another adam sandler role

Shooting Fish. It's a Brit Flick from the mid 1990's with her, Dan Futterman (who won an Oscar for writing Capote) and Stuart (sacked from 2 medieval franchises) Townsend...

It's one of the funniest films ever and is like a British version of The Sting... 2 orphans scamming their way to 2 million quid to buy a stately home... They meet Kate and their best laid plans go awry... Good old fashioned british comedy and worth it for the Goonies reference to Data...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back