First Round: Vancouver - Brock Lesnar vs. HHH

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Brock Lesnar

• HHH

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've never seen proof that his relationship with Stephanie didn't help his career. None whatsoever. I think Trip's best run began in 2003, which coincidental is when he married Steph. So you think his marrying of Stephanie didn't help his career at all?

This one was a tough one to call, I'm still not sure if I made the right call here but I can't help but think that HHH goes over Lesnar in a classic, Kayfabe wise. If this is a shoot, then Lesnar does massive damage to HHH. Kayfabe, and business wise, HHH gets the push. i see the two of them exchanging a series of some high impact manuevers(spinebusters, slams etc.) both of them manage to kick out of each others' finishing move, but in a bit of an upset, HHH manages to land a second pedigree to take the victory.

This is a tough call. This is definitely a match a lot of people wanted to see. Both men were dominating during the time that Lesnar was in the biz. When you look at both men are very talented and could easily hold their own in ring whether it be brute force or wrestling. Lesnar could flat out beat anyone, and Trips would normally lose to these types of guys. While Lesnar could get out wrestled by the likes of Angle (Then again there isn't many who could straight up wrestle with Angle, though Trips is up there.) and could lose focus when he got hot. What it comes down to is who is the smartest in the ring. On that I have to go with Trips. He would be able to outsmart the big man and take him down. So I'm voting for Trips.

A decade where he has been knockin' boots with Vince's daughter, setting himself up to take control of the company when Vince retires.

If Lesnar were to stick around and have the same amount of time in the business as Trips, he'd have as many titles, if not more.

Read "fucked the boss's daughter."

What's this supposed to mean? Fucking Rey Mysterio has "fared well."

Firstly, this was a Goldberg past his prime. Secondly, Vince has this habit of burying or at the very least, not pushing, talent he didn't create. And to say that Goldberg was better is flat out stupid. During Goldberg's push, he beat mostly no names, cruserweights, and whogivesafucks with the occasional big name thrown in. Brock Lesnar beat The Rock, Undertaker, and Kurt Angle.

The "HHH fucked his way to the top" argument is one of the biggest loads of bullshit that has been going around for a long time. He was already a multi-time champion before he married Stephanie and everyone bitches and moans about all the Wrestlemanias that he main evented. He put Benoit and Batista over on the biggest stage of them all.

The Undertaker did Lesnar a disservice more than any of the people Lesnar has beaten because it took a broken arm or whatever for Lesnar to beat Undertaker when he should have let him do it at Unforgiven.

Goldberg beat Hogan, DDP, and all of the top names in the WCW and beat the Rock, Jericho, and HHH twice so he beat the big wrestlers in his heyday.

HHH married Steph in 2003. His reign as top heel 99 and 00 solidified him as iconic, making his return from injury a few years later huge.

I'm just not super sold on Lesnar the wrestler. Lesnar the UFC champion is great fun to watch, but he's not invincible. And this is a wrestling match. Not saying he couldn't win that either, just that the playing field is a bit more even than some of you think.

Ultimately I am voting HHH because I feel his accomplishments as a wrestler far exceed Lesnar's, and because I fucking love Motörhead.

HHH is pretty much winning so far in the polls anyways, but I will just make the point that although Lesnar might have the strength and speed advantage (although HHH is no slouch in either catergory), Hunter Hearst Helmsley's moniker of being the Cerebral Assassin is not given for simply shits and giggles. He is (kayfabe at the very least) an in ring general and one of the smartest guys wrestling. This is one massive advantage that I would give to HHH over Lesnar.

Lesnar makes mistakes. He doesn't know his own strength, and his lack of experience can be fatal in some situations. Take Wrestlemania 19 for example. Whilst HHH was using his great in ring psychology to disable Booker T's offense by attacking the leg and working the knee etc, Lesnar was simply lashing out any move in his arsenal to try and put Angle down, without rhyme or reason. We ended up with a sickening Shooting Star Press attempt in which Lesnar concussed himself legitimately, and ended up almost breaking his neck, if not for his muscle mass. Clearly out of it by matches end, you can't honestly look at that and say HHH couldn't take advantage of a silly mistake like that and use it to destroy Lesnar.

Vote HHH.

I've read the last few pages and GOD, it's a wrestling match NOT, I repeat NOT a MMA/UFC fight. Triple H (as Dirty Jose said) didn't marry Steph until late 2003 long after he was the most hated wrestler in North America and returned in MSG. Now onto defending Lesnar, he was strong as an ox, quick for his size and beat EVERYONE. He pinned/made submit, The Rock, The Undertaker (multiple times), RVD, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, some green guy called John Cena and of course, HULK HOGAN. But then you say oh, Triple H pinned Hogan, well Brock didn't pin Hogan, no he made him pass out to a bear hug. How many people can say they made Hogan pass out? It's a very exclusive club. Vote Lesnar, because Here Comes the Pain

After years of pretending to punch, does Trips even remember how to throw a real punch? Lesnar surely does since he makes his living knocking skulls in. Just because Trips has a lot of muscle mass doesn't mean he'd excel in a fight. Otherwise, we'd be seeing more professional weightlifters enter MMA. And there are such things as upsets in the MMA world, but Trips beating Lesnar in the octagon would be beyond an upset.

You really are a rare one you know that?..... "doesn't remember how to throw a real punch" that's like.. well it's an incredible bad example, of course Triple H knows how to throw a punch.

And just because Triple H has a lot of muscle mass doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't excel in a real fight, we won't know cause in case you haven't noticed, Triple H is in the wrestling business, Brock Lesnar is in the MMA business, this is a tournament to crown the best "wrestler" yep wrestler.. not the best MMA fighter, and Brock probably wouldn't win there neither. (yet I don't know cause I don't truly watch MMA, a few things here and there, but I have my doubts Brock is the greatest ever)

How about the fact the Brock Lesnar was the single most dominant force in the WWE during his time in the ring? He was the youngest guy to win the WWE championship? What about the fact that Trips tends to lose to power guys? Or the fact that Lesnar would have Paul Heyman in his corner?

How about the fact that Triple H has held more world titles than anybody in the WWE right now?

How about the fact that Triple H dominated RAW as the world heavyweight champion throughout 3 years?

How about the fact that Triple H has also beaten power guys, Triple H has beaten almost anybody, just cause he lost to a power guy doesn't necessarily mean that he lost to them every time? (except for Batista.. he'll have to change that eventually)

How about the fact that Triple H has a huge array of people he could have in his corner? Ric Flair, the McMahon family and possibly more.

Your arguments doesn't make up for putting him over Triple H, cause he can counter it also.

I'm going with Lesnar here. Dave will be hella pissed, but I have my reasons.

As Shocky has already said, Triple H has trouble with people who can over power him. That's just the way it's been for some reason.

Now let's look at the following list: John Cena, Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, The Rock. What do they all have in common? All of these guys have beaten Triple H clean in one on one matches. Triple H has never managed to beat any of those guys clean one on one. He needed a huge amount of help in his feud with the Rock to beat him. What else do they all have in common? They were all beaten by Brock Lesnar. All of them were pretty much dominated too, apart from Undertaker. Lesnar, in less than 2 years, did everything that Triple H has never been able to accomplish in his career. Not only that, but Lesnar has also matched everything Triple H has done. Won the WWE title. Main evented Wrestlemania. Lesnar did it all and more.

And if you just go for sheer match quality, it's hard to fault Lesnar. Lesnar had as many classic matches in those 2 years than Triple H has had in the last 8. Classic matches with Kurt, classic match with Eddie, classic matches with Undertaker, hell he even managed to pull out a great match against the Big Show.

I like Triple H alot. He's a great talent and has done much for the WWE. But at the end of the day, Lesnar had the talent, the matches, and the push to be way bigger than Triple H. And I know that if they'd had that match at Wrestlemania 21, Lesnar would've gone over.

This match is fucking awesome. I would give anything to see it take place. Now, onto my analysis...

As great of a specimen as Brock Lesnar was, there were few that could probably match him in the ring when it came to his power, size, speed, and agility. One of the few men that could do this was Triple H. I could care less about the haters and how they feel Triple H only got where he's at because of where his dick was stuck. But can you all seriously say to yourselves for one second that Triple H doesn't back up everything that he preaches about? The guy is a beast, a true professional, an in-ring general, a product of the system, and a glorified legend at the half-way point of his career.

I don't care how much Brock can bench, how great he is at MMA, how many times he's F-5'ed the Big Show, how many shooting star presses he can do, or how many championships he has won... NO ONE can honestly feel that he's go over Triple H.

Triple H should win this match, and by a larger margin than most of you would think.

One of the few men that could do this was Triple H. I could care less about the haters and how they feel Triple H only got where he's at because of where his dick was stuck. But can you all seriously say to yourselves for one second that Triple H doesn't back up everything that he preaches about? The guy is a beast, a true professional, an in-ring general, a product of the system, and a glorified legend at the half-way point of his career.

I love you so much for that right there D-man, you just put my thoughts of Triple H down on text.

John Cena said it himself in a promo once when he was standing in front of Triple H during their build-up for Wrestlemania 22, "You're probably one of the few that could go down that ramp, without this championship, grab a microphone and tell everybody you're the best alive, and they'll look at each other and say "you know.. he's right""

Triple H has backed up everything he's ever said, he's amazing on the microphone, having cut some insane promos during his heel stint with Evolution, and ultimately, went on to back every single thing up.

It doesn't matter who he's been screwing, the fact of the matter is that no matter what Triple H was damn well destined for greatness, this guy, marriage or not is by far one of the most deserving people in this business of what he's been given if you ask me, this guy (like many others true) breaths this business, many people has called Triple H one of the greatest ever, one of the greatest ring-generals ever, and that doesn't change just because he's with the bosses daughter, you cannot deny the fact that Triple H has scratched and clawed his ass from the bottom to the top after the MSG incident in 96, before he had anything going with Stephanie at all!

Hell I'm pretty damn convinced myself right now I made the right choice of Triple H over Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar had two great years in the business.

HHH also had only two great years in the business.

The difference is, Lesnar was in WWE for two years, whereas HHH has been in the company for over 15 years. And even giving HHH another year outside of 2000 is me being genius, since I'm spreading out all his good work/matches and compiling it into one year. Before and after the year 2000, HHH averaged about 3 to 4 very good matches a year. That's it. All his other matches/feud were mediocre at best. At least, in my opinion they were, especially after he injured his quad.

So, that, plus the fact that Lesnar would undoubtedly CRUSH HHH in a match, I'm voting for Brock Lesnar. The guy was great while he was around, and he was an absolute monster. He definitely deserves to go over the overrated piece of shit that is Triple H. Definitely.

Lesnar had two great years in the business.

HHH also had only two great years in the business.

The difference is, Lesnar was in WWE for two years, whereas HHH has been in the company for over 15 years. And even giving HHH another year outside of 2000 is me being genius, since I'm spreading out all his good work/matches and compiling it into one year. Before and after the year 2000, HHH averaged about 3 to 4 very good matches a year. That's it. All his other matches/feud were mediocre at best. At least, in my opinion they were, especially after he injured his quad.

So, that, plus the fact that Lesnar would undoubtedly CRUSH HHH in a match, I'm voting for Brock Lesnar. The guy was great while he was around, and he was an absolute monster. He definitely deserves to go over the overrated piece of shit that is Triple H. Definitely.

In Lesnar's two years he averaged about that same amount. I found most if not all his matches to be extremely overrated. The only great match he had in 2002 was his HIAC match against the Undertaker and I'm still mad at Taker for not doing the job the month before. Lesnar had an decent match at WM 19 but an overrated iron man match with Angle in the summer of 2003.

HHH from 1999-2001 was one of the best in the business. He had great matches with Stone Cold, Taker, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, and The Rock. Even though he wasn't what he once was later on his career, he had Evolution by his side to help win matches if need be and he had DX as well too. I consider Lesnar to be more overrated than HHH and my vote is leaning towards the Cerebral Assassin.

Lesnar is dog shit, absolutely terrible. I stopped watching wrestling for years because of him. Absolutely nothing positive to say about him, and I'm glad that sanity is prevailing. If there's one man that can put the spanner in the works of a young guy with momentum it's Triple H. The wheels never fell off Lesnar, because he left before they could, but the man does not belong in the wrestling hall of greats.

Honestly this is a push. I feel bad for both these guys tough brake gettin thrown into a matchup like this 1st round. Like I sed its a push but I voted for hhh for one reason. hhh always brings it hes one of the best ever lesnar left the game with arguably the worst match Ive ever seen the infamous lesnar/goldberg match so give me trips to win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back